Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

SedanChair posted:

Jesus christ, they're vipers

I was gonna go with Jackals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

The police don't just get to keep a building forever because a crime happened there.
Except in East Texas, along the LA border :holymoley:

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

William Bear posted:

If any of you are Muslims trying to get an early start on your Eid Al-Fitr gifts, I have a feeling this is going to be the hot item in 1437!

http://www.amazon.com/Goodnight-Stories-Quran-Childrens-Muhammad-ebook/dp/B00ICNAZA2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1449256784&sr=8-4

This is really, really depressing.

Talmonis posted:

I was gonna go with Jackals.

Vultures also fits.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bullfrog posted:

That poor daughter :smith:

This definitely feels like LIHOP reprisal on the family.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

FourLeaf posted:

Not necessarily? Terrorism is defined by a political or ideological goal, at least according to the FBI. So the Columbine massacre wasn't terrorism, for example.

That's just a contrived invention though.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
help msnbc is radicalizing me

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

TheDisreputableDog posted:

The FBI just said it was terrorism.

But still, do we really know...?

drat, dude. You sure owned all the people ITT arguing that it definitely wasn't terrorism, even if the FBI turned up firmer evidence and concluded it was. Savage.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Please elaborate.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

FourLeaf posted:

Please elaborate.

It's a definition they more or less contrived (post 9/11) to subscribe all of "terrorism" to a particular brand of terrorism. I believe it be a much broader term covering more events.

That said, the trollish one ITT only cares when it's "radical islamic terrorism" and not, you know right-wing nut jobs committing terror, so it's moot.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

"Terrorism" is important because the Charleston and Colorado shootings were "not terrorism".

If only Muslims can commit terrorism we are in a dark place.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm still laughing at the dude who just wanted a popsicle. I like to believe he didn't know anything about the shooting. Just saw all the commotion and was all "I wonder if they got any popsicles."

Edit: aww it was a screwdriver. This country has gone to poo poo.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Not really. The motivations for a crime on that scale are essential to prevention. For example; a Palestinian member of Hamas blowing up an Israeli patrol isn't insane or a mass-murderer, though they are defined as terrorists, as they are without a recognized state.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Palestine is a recognized state.

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Has ISIS claimed credit for the attack yet? They usually do by this point.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012

euphronius posted:

Palestine is a recognized state.

Hamas is considered a terrorist organization though. And it's not recognized by Israel, which is where the victims in this case would hail from.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Talmonis posted:

That'd make it official...you know, a good thing to wait for so you don't incite rednecks to go around lynching every muslim they can catch.

Well I hope this hypothetical crime doesn't happen either!

But the actual reason they're dragging their heels on labeling is because of optics wrt the current administration

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Talmonis posted:

Hamas is considered a terrorist organization though. And it's not recognized by Israel, which is where the victims in this case would hail from.

In not sure what your point is other than back peddling.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Talmonis posted:

Not really. The motivations for a crime on that scale are essential to prevention. For example; a Palestinian member of Hamas blowing up an Israeli patrol isn't insane or a mass-murderer, though they are defined as terrorists, as they are without a recognized state.

That doesn't mean anything though.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Talmonis posted:

That'd make it official...you know, a good thing to wait for so you don't incite rednecks to go around lynching every muslim they can catch. That baby is innocent, as is the family. With their information being blasted around, they're not safe. They're not safe because of islamphobic morons like Trump stirring up the mob.

Is this something that's happening? I haven't heard of any lynchings of muslims in the south, but maybe you could link something for us?

I do know that anti-theists are liable to just up and shoot a bunch of muslim kids.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
It would have been cool if they could have given any kind of elaboration for why they think it was an act of terrorism other than "I don't know". At least they think they know what's going on.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

But the actual reason they're dragging their heels on labeling is because of optics wrt the current administration

Do you believe that the shooting in Charleston and Colorado were terrorism?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

FourLeaf posted:

Please elaborate.

Politically motivated acts of wild violence (the recent shooting at a planned parenthood) or intentional assassination (the murder of george tiller) are merely awful crimes that We Can Never Really Know the reasons behind as long as the perpetrators are christian white guys

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

It's because of people like you

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
but if the perpetrators are muslim? oh boy you better believe its terrorism

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
People stockpiling arms and ammunition are an existential threat to peace and security in the United States of America.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The FBI just said it was terrorism.

But still, do we really know...?

Since it official then yes, we do know.

What's your point?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Its Benghazi all over again!!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

McDowell posted:

Brown people stockpiling arms and ammunition are an existential threat to peace and security in the United States of America.

Fixed that for you. White citizens doing this are just exercising their god given constitutional rights.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

McDowell posted:

People stockpiling arms and ammunition are an existential threat to peace and security in the United States of America.

Yeah, round up everyone in TFR. :getin:

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

FourLeaf posted:

Please elaborate.

Are your last thoughts of the virgin wives you're getting in heaven?

If yes, it's radical Islamic terrorism.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

The FBI doesn't call up the president for approval before stating investigation proceedings. Don't be a conspiracy nut. They didn't drag their heels, they made a statement within less than 48 hours after investigating the crime scene and the background of the assailants. Various details leaked out to media in the meantime.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Do you believe that the shooting in Charleston and Colorado were terrorism?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They were already married.

Also that's incredibly racist.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

They were already married.

Also that's incredibly racist.

It's also sexist too!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Getting those virgins is going to be really awkward for that married couple.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

It's also sexist too!

Yeah it's interesting how the wife is usually omitted from the discussion.

Women are terrorists too, guys.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Has ISIS claimed credit for the attack yet? They usually do by this point.

Heard a report earlier that they released a statement basically saying "Wasn't us but good job guy!"

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Do martyred women also get virgins in Muslim heaven? Or do they transform back into a virgin for some other man.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Why, it's almost like TDD is a racist idiot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

What a coincidence that your standard for what constitutes radical Islamic terrorism is based on information which is completely unverifiable.

• Locked thread