Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Welp, that's going to be a piece of loving poo poo. Also, the Overlord's did nothing wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

It's not a real poster.

5 seconds of research was indeed too much for me and I even work at the studio that puts out Alvin, although I don't have anything to do with that movie.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I think it's disgusting they put "by Schulz" on every one of these posters

uh because he's been dead for 15 years in case someone on earth didn't know that

Well all the storylines are his, all the facial animations are his and his son (and other family members) worked on it so I think that's the gag.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Lady Naga posted:

It doesn't even have the right subtitle and is verifiably false with maybe five seconds of research but that's five less seconds towards making sick burns on a low-effort children's movie I guess.

Why would anyone bother making a fan poster for it?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Modus Pwnens posted:

I'm the cartoon polar bear's rectal prolapse.

I'm the Madagascar penguins that are now fat squirrels.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

effectual posted:

you must be new to the internet

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Lady Naga posted:

It doesn't even have the right subtitle and is verifiably false with maybe five seconds of research but that's five less seconds towards making sick burns on a low-effort children's movie I guess.

Okay great but I didn't say it was a real poster, I was responding to a guy who said

quote:

I still can't believe those posters have been using the same drat renders since the first movie.

The official poster uses that exact same pose.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

KiteAuraan posted:

Welp, that's going to be a piece of loving poo poo. Also, the Overlord's did nothing wrong.

The trailer looks fine and it's been getting decent buzz, actually.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

LORD OF BUTT posted:

The trailer looks fine and it's been getting decent buzz, actually.

Accurate, at least:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

And yet they have the balls to open the same day as Star Wars.

Half of Road Chip's box office will be parents who arrive at the cinema with 4 screaming kids and every show of Star Wars sold out.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

seriously i expected once Sleeveless pointed out the major error of "Road Chip" people would catch on but what do I know

I was just making a general statement about the actual Chipmunk posters, thank you very much. I could tell it was fake.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

effectual posted:

I don't think it was a fan poster; looks like it was something someone slapped together to post at the top of news articles before a real poster came out.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Sorry the obviously fake poster I pulled off Google image search hurt people's sick burn dignities

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Why even bother posting a fake poster to begin with?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego reboot is looking sick.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Sleeveless posted:

The Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego reboot is looking sick.

A strong latina character played by a white woman gj hollywood :rolleyes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I thought Paddington Bear myself.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Hayley Atwell wears the poo poo out of that hat.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Thank god that show exists, as well as Agents of Shield.

I know when I want to "visit" the amazing world of super heroes and villains, I really want to focus on the support staff.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is there a particular place to purchase higher quality movie poster reprints? I mean theres everything in the world on All Posters.com for $15 but I don't know how good they are. I'm looking for frameable quality prints.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I know when I want to "visit" the amazing world of super heroes and villains, I really want to focus on the support staff.

Hayley Atwell is a gorgeous woman and I enjoy seeing her brawling with bigger men.

At this point, I'm also more invested in the characters and story of Agents of SHIELD that I am with the MCU movies.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I mean if all you want is bog standard escapist fantasy then your latest installments of Captain America or Avengers is totally for you but much like in actual comic book writing they toss all the interesting stuff down the chain to the B and C listers where things don't have to be played so safely.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Lady Naga posted:

I mean if all you want is bog standard escapist fantasy then your latest installments of Captain America or Avengers is totally for you but much like in actual comic book writing they toss all the interesting stuff down the chain to the B and C listers where things don't have to be played so safely.

I haven't seen any of them, but apparently Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, and especially Daredevil and Jessica Jones are supposed to be better than the marvel movies.

e: which isn't much of a feat

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I haven't seen any of them, but apparently Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, and especially Daredevil and Jessica Jones are supposed to be better than the marvel movies.

Agents of Shield has been batshit insane this season. In the best possible way. It keeps seeming like there's no way they can top the previous episode, and then they do.

HOWEVER, if you are just starting, I'd highly recommend going to Netflix and suffering through the 1st half of Season 1, enjoy the second half, Season 2 is pretty good. Because Season 3 ain't got no time for introducing new viewers to the characters, explaining motivations developed in the previous seasons, or doing info-dumps to establish the shows universe if they've already covered it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Agents of SHIELD is super overrated here, but it's still pretty good now.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I haven't seen Shield or Carter, but both Daredevil and Jessica Jones were basically the best "TV" this year along with the first season of Better Call Saul.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I haven't seen Shield or Carter, but both Daredevil and Jessica Jones were basically the best "TV" this year along with the first season of Better Call Saul.

Jfc.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

I don't watch a lot of TV.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

While a lot of really great shows came to an end or ran out of steam the last year still included Veep, Game of Thrones, Transparent, Mad Men, House of Cards, The Americans, The Affair, Fargo, and Homeland.

I'll give you Jessica Jones, I haven't seen it but it looks good.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Fair enough, my perception of time is really whack and I thought Mad Men and House of Cards ended last year. I thought Fargo was a last year deal as well. I've never been a fan of Game of Thrones and I haven't watched the other shows you listed so my B.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fargo S2 my dude. Get in.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Seriously how can you say S2 Fargo is lesser than S1 Fargo? S1 was great but S2 is great great.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Interesting that Keanu's name is not first on this poster.

Poster for another TV show about superheroes attacking things offscreen.

edit:

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 4, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Cage posted:

Seriously how can you say S2 Fargo is lesser than S1 Fargo? S1 was great but S2 is great great.
I ain't never said that!

The MSJ posted:

Doo doot doot doooooo...Doo doot doot doooooo...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The MSJ posted:

Princess Irulan is about to scowl someone to death!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The mecha dude looks like he was made with the Champions Online costume maker.

Happy page 911!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
He looks like A Super Sentai.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
impression that poster is some kid dumping a bunch of action figures stuck in previous poses onto the floor from a bucket

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That dude at the bottom just looks like he had his head Photoshopped onto an Iron Man panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

The MSJ posted:

Interesting that Keanu's name is not first on this poster.

Probably an attempt to placate the distressingly large "PLEASE ALIGN NAMES AND FACES I'M TOO DUMB TO KNOW WHICH ONE IS MORGAN FREEMAN AND WHICH ONE IS OLIVIA MUNN" contingent