Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Has anyone tried to rebind their keys since the last update? My friend and I tried to make changes but it appears to immediately double click and try to bind everything to M1. Our mice aren't broken and there just isn't any way to change the keys through the menus. I've been able to make changes prior to last update and now I can't.

edit: Oh top of the page. Yes, I drove all of them individually like a masochist. :gibs:

Blight Runner fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
They screwed something up royally with keybinds in this patch, Usually I have a mouse button mapped for actions, but trying to get out of the boat at the end of the sky heist I was stuck until I used the default F key to get out. Weird as hell.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Kammat posted:

They screwed something up royally with keybinds in this patch, Usually I have a mouse button mapped for actions, but trying to get out of the boat at the end of the sky heist I was stuck until I used the default F key to get out. Weird as hell.

They added a separate set of vehicle controls. Check your options menu.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Definitely need to buff it up to a full dodge build akimbo as oh boy did I get hit alot in a suit. :/

Eeeh, I ran Grinder with it last night and was fine. Roughly used this. Our biggest problem is that nobody remembered to spec into ammo, but I think between four people we had like ten Deagles? And most cops died in two bullets max. It wasn't too bad at all, aside from not being able to find one of the drat money bundles.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Psion posted:

They're still just not worth it against the other weapons available to you, is the problem. Autoshotguns require the most skillpoints of any weapon in the game and offer the least rewards. That's compared to other primary shotguns and compared to other primaries at all. Like, sure, they keep addressing peripheral issues (range normalization) but they refuse to acknowledge the core problem whatsoever. Great, it's a highly polished bad choice.

In the main, Cheeto's point is still correct. For all the changes they're making, none of them address the core fault - so those changes are, relatively, doing very little.

The skill points thing is a problem with shotguns as a whole (and also the dual issue of pistols requiring no point investment, period) unless you use them strictly for HE. I haven't changed my Enforcer tree spec at least but I know people who have specced out of shotguns entirely and just run Deagles. I can't be bothered to find the thread now but there was some Reddit post where they explained the reasoning behind their shotgun changes: people were using them as high damage single target weapons, and they wanted to go for a lower damage sort of crowd control weapon with shotguns. It would kind of explain why they made the accuracy so pitiful, but they just don't play very well that way. At any rate, now that LMGs and Muscle are certifiably good I have a new thing to harp on as "not as bad as everyone says they are". :v:

vv I'm not sure but we had 2 people running around opening vaults while 2 of us were guarding the computers controlling the vaults, and I think it only popped once they'd opened every vault after all the hacks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Cheevo question: does the Commando Crew require your group to just run the four hacks on the four vaults containing loot, or do you also have to go to each vault and finish opening the door? I ask because the game implies that the vaults are open when the hack finishes.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

people were using them as high damage single target weapons, and they wanted to go for a lower damage sort of crowd control weapon with shotguns. It would kind of explain why they made the accuracy so pitiful, but they just don't play very well that way. At any rate, now that LMGs and Muscle are certifiably good I have a new thing to harp on as "not as bad as everyone says they are". :v:

and of course because :dice: I mean because Overkill, LMGs (especially with muscle) are better room-suppressing/room-clearing shotguns than shotguns.

I think they gotta give that one up. Requiring multiple hits from an LMG firing at 1200 rounds a minute with a 150-200 round magazine is one thing. Requiring multiple hits from a shotgun with a mag size of 20 or less is a hell of a lot different. But then you already know my opinion on how to sort shotguns into four tiers so whatever. (break-action, pump, semi, auto)

the real way for Overkill to balance shotguns is to create map design where you'll have to deal with variable ranges to your enemies so an autoshotgun isn't always objectively the best option. Not coincidentally, that same variable range helps balance sniper rifles among other things. To make things worse, they're already doing that, and the two latest maps show it just as well as any. A shotgunner can obliterate the plane but then you're in real trouble on the Teuer roof below. But, alas, Overkill still decided to gently caress the AA12 and will never, ever love the Saiga.

Psion fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 4, 2015

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

Money hunt's really not that bad. You can spot all of them from the roof of whatever building the pallet lands on.

Now that I've done the heist several more times, it's a lot less confusing. The first time(s) through, it's not immediately obvious that the loose money adheres to a zone-based system, rather than being randomly scattered or even radius-based. And what constitutes those zones isn't perfectly intuitive either; it's possible for the broken pallet to be in the street, which means the money can be found all the way up and down the road. And there's some tricky spots for the car shop and warehouse.

FAUXTON posted:

I really wish they'd implement chokes for shotguns in the game. Just having something like a tight spread, wide spread, and a duckbill to compress it into a flat, wide oval-ish pattern. It'd probably help close the gap between overall effectiveness on the shotguns since you could use the auto/SA shotguns with a tight choke to condense the damage spread or make it loose to act as a room-clearer on a mag-per-room basis. The high-damage ones would waste damage on a tight choke, but you'd benefit from a duckbill since you could just hit a clump of cops at head level.

AoE room clearing shotguns? Are you insane??? Why do you hate shotguns so much? :derp:

Discendo Vox posted:

Cheevo question: does the Commando Crew require your group to just run the four hacks on the four vaults containing loot, or do you also have to go to each vault and finish opening the door? I ask because the game implies that the vaults are open when the hack finishes.

We got the cheevo twice in a row, and the in-game clock was a bit past 10 minutes both times I believe by the point we were actually inside the fourth vault. So I'm inclined to believe it's triggering off of completing all four hacks rather than fully opening the doors.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
it triggered for me when we opened the last door itself

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That reminds me I need to try a heist with everyone on the team using Miniguns and the new Muscle. The minigun already did crazy amounts of panic before the inexplicably buffed the chance of it occurring.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

That reminds me I need to try a heist with everyone on the team using Miniguns and the new Muscle. The minigun already did crazy amounts of panic before the inexplicably buffed the chance of it occurring.

I suggest Framing Frame day 3 DW.

John Murdoch posted:

We got the cheevo twice in a row, and the in-game clock was a bit past 10 minutes both times I believe by the point we were actually inside the fourth vault. So I'm inclined to believe it's triggering off of completing all four hacks rather than fully opening the doors.

Sounds like it reads time when the fourth hack is done, but pops when you open the fourth door up close.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

New heists are fun, pistol is great. Best DLC since BBQ pack I'd say.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ClonedPickle posted:

Not when Swan Song is involved. :getin:

This is correct. Swan Song HE Mosconi owns. :black101:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Metal brought up the fact that 000 buck could be better now that pickup rates have been increased, so we gave it a shot. Both the saiga and steakout both seem to be redeemed by throwing buck in them, now. You can't use the steakout as a machine shotgun, but minding your shots with both makes them much better now.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Doesn't custom ammo still override the ammo pickup multipliers?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
My brother's PD2 has started crashing in Meltdown. He has tried to run it

1) Mods disabled
2) Mods uninstalled
3) Physics single instead of threaded
4) Drivers and PhysX reinstalled
5) Uninstalled PhysX and installed Payday's version
6) Reinstalled whole game

Still crashes. If he just idles at the start, it's ok but as soon as the gates open, he's going to crash soon.

Error message in crashlog:
code:
Callstack:

PhysX3_x86  (???)     physx::ProjectionPlaneProperty::ProjectionPlaneProperty  
                    PhysX3_x86  (???)     physx::ProjectionPlaneProperty::ProjectionPlaneProperty  
              PhysX3Common_x86  (???)     physx::shdfnd::Sync::wait                           
                      kernel32  (???)     BaseThreadInitThunk                                 
                         ntdll  (???)     RtlInitializeExceptionChain                         
                         ntdll  (???)     RtlInitializeExceptionChain
Any suggestions?

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008
If it is just Meltdown, I have no idea. In general... sounds like you tried a lot, is he overheating?

Does anyone know of a mod that lets you prevent some music tracks from playing?

Ideally I'd like to be able to select ones that play more often, less often etc. But I'll settle for being able to remove the ones I don't like from the playlist.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Pilgrimski posted:

If it is just Meltdown, I have no idea. In general... sounds like you tried a lot, is he overheating?

Does anyone know of a mod that lets you prevent some music tracks from playing?

Ideally I'd like to be able to select ones that play more often, less often etc. But I'll settle for being able to remove the ones I don't like from the playlist.
http://www.overkillsoftware.com/bigfatmusicupdate/

Pilgrimski
Apr 23, 2008

Hah, thanks! I completely missed that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Pilgrimski posted:

Hah, thanks! I completely missed that.

No problem, does a better job of explaining the music system than I probably could.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

My go-to build has been Deagle/HE Light Crossbow with Rogue or Grinder. But I found I can pull off the same DR with the Cavity/Judge. Cavity's a blast -- it's like my stealth headclicker car4 except it does real damage. Anyone been running a setup like this? Would an HE Pistol Crossbow be a better option than the Judge? (Not using Swan Song.) I don't have the ninja pack but might pick it up over the Christmas sale.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Puistokemisti posted:

My brother's PD2 has started crashing in Meltdown.
Any suggestions?

Report it on the steam bugs forum, devs are active there. There were apparently some new texturing and other errors introduced with the latest update that might be related.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Discendo Vox posted:

Report it on the steam bugs forum, devs are active there. There were apparently some new texturing and other errors introduced with the latest update that might be related.

I told him to do that but searching the bug report forum, I found couple other people complaining about the same issue with no replies to their threads.

Since I'm replying to you, Death Vox HoxBreakout day 1 should have random chance of the team forgetting to bring cash with them, realize it at exit and be forced to start breaking into cars to loot some change.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

First you need to find a crowbar to use to break into cars.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's a crowbar in a utility closet. Bile drops a thermal drill so you can get it open. Bain asks if he can just drop $7, but Bile claims he needs it for bingo night.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

They've added voice lines for spotting "the captain".

Puistokemisti posted:

I told him to do that but searching the bug report forum, I found couple other people complaining about the same issue with no replies to their threads.

Well, adding another post will at least bring more attention to it. Sometimes they just fix the bug without acknowledging it, which sucks, but eh.

Puistokemisti posted:

Since I'm replying to you, Death Vox HoxBreakout day 1 should have random chance of the team forgetting to bring cash with them, realize it at exit and be forced to start breaking into cars to loot some change.

UnknownMercenary posted:

First you need to find a crowbar to use to break into cars.

Dr Cheeto posted:

There's a crowbar in a utility closet. Bile drops a thermal drill so you can get it open. Bain asks if he can just drop $7, but Bile claims he needs it for bingo night.

These are great Death Vox ideas, but I'll do you one better: Remember those ATMs you have to go past on the street? Crowbar in one of the side utility rooms (not marked, cloaker ambush), then head all the way back and crack it open. There are 2 ATMs- the first one you open doesn't have any ones in it. You will all get credit in the revised design doc.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 6, 2015

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Discendo Vox posted:

They've added voice lines for spotting "the captain".

Good, I was kinda nonplussed at playing Hox and spotting him and some his of shield buddies and Hox just yells "poo poo!"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Discendo Vox posted:

These are great Death Vox ideas, but I'll do you one better: Remember those ATMs you have to go past on the street? Crowbar in one of the side utility rooms (not marked, cloaker ambush), then head all the way back and crack it open. There are 2 ATMs- the first one you open doesn't have any ones in it. You will all get credit in the revised design doc.

It's inspiring to see the master at work

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Death Vox notes for the new heists:

Under the Mountain
  • Remove Locke's explosive drops? Explosion doesn't open door, or interior door still closed. More complex entrance sequence- possibly running hacks on computers in the different areas. Don't forget computer at very start of heist.
  • Add loot to crates in starting area.
  • More snipers.
  • More turrets in tunnel- activate all.
  • Multiple security rooms to cycle airlock.
  • Add the possibility of sawing the objects you can cut through with the arc welder. This really ought to be in the game.
  • The vault system is great, but I need to figure out how to a) remove information to make it more difficult to figure out what is where, while b) also adding additional, more valuable, loot. So far I'm planning to remove the vault names from their exteriors, but I also need to complicate and tweak the opening system somehow. New obstacles in added vaults- ambush? Electricity? Gas? ... Something requiring a Thermal Drill? Could drop thru elevator or fan shafts. Interrelation of conditions in vaults?
  • More loot in the final area.
  • Right now the possible scripted confrontations (Locke tells you about them) that I'm aware of are a) ton of bulldozers, b) ton of snipers. I'm sure there are more, and I want all of them at once. Turrets?
  • Consider hose defense for fueling process. Fueling, securing loot and blowing radar should all be available at once.

Birth of Sky
  • Ambushes in the plane. Can I mess with parachute locations? Delay on barriers? Block some doors on upper level? Probably not interesting given limited spawns. C4 laser trips on some upper level doors. Be sure to leave a clean route.
  • Modify card spawn location and keycard door location-force exterior route.
  • Remove ladders where feasible to require tricky jumps. Balance around ICTV.
  • I need to find out the total number of possible pallet spawn locations on Birth of Sky to figure out if it's reasonable to a) have them all spawn and b) have them all break. NTS lower pallet positions are harder to defend.
  • More cash registers and some safes in the stores in the pallet area. No cash bags- don't want to confuse amounts for securing pallets. ATMs?
  • Captain Winters and turrets arrive sooner, and at the same time. Vary sniper locations, but no need to intensify- they're already pretty bad.
  • Longer/more complex sewer. Add interstitial doors from GO Bank if available.
  • No boat? SWAT vans along river? Investigate.

vvvv Trying to avoid timers- they're almost always on the Not Fun list.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Dec 17, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Just have the air heist on a timer where you need to be out in 3-4 minutes because the moment the pilot thinks the plane is getting hijacked he radios it in and fighters get sortied to shoot it down. The timer starts when you open the hatch.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope this is how this works.

Can i get an invite to the Steam Group?

I just got this game in the Humble Monthly Bundle and I am sure pub games will suck donkeyballs.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dragonashes/

Thanks.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Reddit's reporting you can loot the parachutes from Birth of Sky for 6.5k each, but to do so you can't use the boat. :allears:

Presumably maximum of 3 since one person needs to throw money bags, and the parachutes rapidly despawn if you drop them.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Discendo Vox posted:

Does this mean that ECMs will unironically be a good idea now on Hoxbreak day 1? You just made countless pubbies very happy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

Does this mean that ECMs will unironically be a good idea now on Hoxbreak day 1? You just made countless pubbies very happy.

Yes, or a saw, preferably. It'd still count against whatever else you would otherwise be bringing with you. All part of the plan!

Other loud Death Vox heists where ECMs are a good idea:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Death Vox notes for the new heists:

Under the Mountain

Put a turret in the airlock that only deploys when the airlock closes, locking the team in with it.
Bulldozer ambush at the top of the ziplines, and only one zipline upwards.
The attack helicopter from HM2 shows up while on the peak to bombard various parts of the map.

quote:

Birth of Sky

SWAT vans spawn immediately, firing as the crew parachutes down.
When the pallet release is hit, a group of jetpack Bulldozers fly in the cargo door to ambush.
Remove the ladders to get to various buildings and add mechanics to get to the inaccessable places - like having to blow up the gas station with C4 to get the pallet off the rooftop, etc.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Tempest_56 posted:

1. Put a turret in the airlock that only deploys when the airlock closes, locking the team in with it.
2. Bulldozer ambush at the top of the ziplines, and only one zipline upwards.
3. The attack helicopter from HM2 shows up while on the peak to bombard various parts of the map.
4. SWAT vans spawn immediately, firing as the crew parachutes down.
5. When the pallet release is hit, a group of jetpack Bulldozers fly in the cargo door to ambush.
6. Remove the ladders to get to various buildings and add mechanics to get to the inaccessable places - like having to blow up the gas station with C4 to get the pallet off the rooftop, etc.

1, 2, and 5 : Not doable. The airlock, zipline area and skydiving are all disguised loading areas to reallocate police spawns. Locking players in a tiny space with a turret also massively constrains possible builds in a way that doesn't work. I could possibly have it load and activate the turret when the airlock first opens, and have an ambush in there. Probably not, enemies, though- I believe the navpoint mesh is designed to keep enemies from pathing into the airlock specifically because of the loading problems that would ensue.
3. That's a great idea! I need to think about where and when it should attack.
4. Firmly in the Not Fun zone. This would just flat out kill the players, and for balance reasons it's important to give them at least a little time to set up.
6. In the works, partially- too many additional steps in that section of the map will kill flow, especially with my current plan of 9 or so pallets.

vvv augh, ok. maybe I can mess with the timing.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Dec 6, 2015

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Winters does already spawn on Sky.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jiro bids a farewell to arms

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx