Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
washwithlikecolors
Aug 17, 2015

I suppose it's very nice
She was raped. She killed her rapist. May I victim blame?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
It's like, no matter what, this discussion always seem to never go the way you want and it sink into dangerous depths.

Like America's bridges!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
Wasn't ISIS' stated objective with the Paris attacks to increase the hostility towards Muslims in the West in order to recruit/radicalize more Western Muslims, because they are getting their rear end beat in Syria?

Call me crazy, but maybe doing exactly what your enemy wants you to is a bad idea in any sort of conflict.

I'm not sure if it counts as 'our fault' if we do so, but is is both very stupid and a bad strategy to do so.

If you can't grasp that, I hope I will someday compete against you in some way, because I will win, and not because I'm any sort of hot poo poo. In fact, I'm not, and could use more easy victories in my life.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Hodgepodge posted:

Wasn't ISIS' stated objective with the Paris attacks to increase the hostility towards Muslims in the West in order to recruit/radicalize more Western Muslims, because they are getting their rear end beat in Syria?

Call me crazy, but maybe doing exactly what your enemy wants you to is a bad idea in any sort of conflict.

I'm not sure if it counts as 'our fault' if we do so, but is is both very stupid and a bad strategy to do so.

If you can't grasp that, I hope I will someday compete against you in some way, because I will win, and not because I'm any sort of hot poo poo. In fact, I'm not, and could use more easy victories in my life.

yes but you seem to think the main objective is stopping isis and not perpetuating global conflicts that coincide with "strengths" of certain political affiliations and capital interests.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Oh wow, a branch of perpetually morphing and diffuse militant Sunni groups have branded themselves

Stamp them out!! This is a strategic objective.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

toanoradian posted:

Yes! Infrastructure!

How would one start fixing America's bridges? I heard America's traffic are absolutely insane. Is there a reasonable way to redirect traffic for bridge-fixing?

You do it in sections and halves, and mostly at night.

It's not too difficult.

Also most of the bridges and roads in need of desperate repair are not in traffic prone areas. The were built in the sticks 40+ years ago and promptly ignored, that's why they're crumbling. Most major roadways have had some sort of maintenance in the meantime.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 5, 2015

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Why is it important to focus on external factors to their motive (Islamophobia) in this way as opposed to their internal thought processes (radicalization)?

This is actually an easy question to answer: because "internal thought processes" rarely exist in a vacuum. If you're talking about "radicalization" then you're already dismissing out of hand the idea that there weren't any external factors involved here. This was a middle class couple with a 6 month old baby and what seemed to be a comfortable life. Why would two people like that "radicalize?" There's no answer to that question that's going to be limited entirely to the thought processes of Syed Farook and Tashfeen Malik, so it's silly to get angry at people for talking about why it might have happened.

quote:

Does a push to condemn Islamophobia in the wake of this tragedy that is explicitly motivated by a desire to reduce the incidence of these events in the future implicitly deny agency to the shooter? Why or why not?

Why would it? Are you implying that it's possible to explain the motives of any other crime in a complete vacuum, without ever considering the past experiences or relationships of the criminal?

quote:

If so, doesn't this denial of agency implicitly put the onus of action on the victim? How is that any different from victim blaming?

Because you can suggest there's some small causal relationship at play without making a moral judgment about whether the victim did anything wrong. If some guy really wants to kill someone today and I happen to be on the same street corner, then you can pretty comfortably say that I wouldn't have been murdered if I hadn't been standing on that street corner at that time. It's still not my fault and it still doesn't justify anything.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
We need to goonize more Middle Eastern Muslims so that their relentless Photoshop Phriday assaults will render ISIS a laughingstock.

Where, the people of Syria ask, are Mayor Lowtax and his Goons?

I say we prepare drops of cheetos and let's play threads over Syria- while there is still time :colbert:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hodgepodge posted:

We need to goonize more Middle Eastern Muslims so that their relentless Photoshop Phriday assaults will render ISIS a laughingstock.

Where, the people of Syria ask, are Mayor Lowtax and his Goons?

I say we prepare drops of cheetos and let's play threads over Syria- while there is still time :colbert:

Sure it starts out as giving them let's plays and Cheetos. What happens when they take over tviv, SAL, or even D&D?

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Hodgepodge posted:

You are correct goon sir, the growing anti-Muslim backlash is pretty much exactly what ISIL wants.

It's actually kind of sad knowing that every anti-Muslim/anti-Islam comment that comes out of American and European politics is helping ISIL's cause.

Pohl posted:

Edit: And seriously twitter? Who the hell cares about twitter? Twitter is a source of amusement, not a defining body of journalistic integrity, nor is it the overriding opinion of the populous. Why care about twitter?
Twitter is actually really, really important; I've only just come to realize this recently. If you're following the Syrian Civil War, generally the first place you'll hear about an attack, advances by one faction or another, the arrival of special forces, plans for the future, or any other change on the ground is via twitter, and what makes it so important it that twitter is instant, as opposed to waiting hours or days for regular news to report it.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
"sure it's sad she was raped but she maybe shouldn't have been such a bitch?"

literally the argument y'all are making. even if you accurately describe the motivation for the crime, by phrasing your language in such a way you're implicitly justifying the crime committed.

or explicitly, in the case of sedanchair

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

literally the argument y'all are making. even if you accurately describe the motivation for the crime, by phrasing your language in such a way you're implicitly justifying the crime committed.

Except no one is phrasing anything even remotely like that?

I mean, you understand that there's a very real difference between "maybe she shouldn't have cheated on him if she didn't want him to kill her" and "he killed her because she was having an affair," right?

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Paradoxish posted:

I mean, you understand that there's a very real difference between "maybe she shouldn't have cheated on him if she didn't want him to kill her" and "he killed her because she was having an affair," right?

This has been explained to the same 2 or 3 chucklefucks about a dozen times over a dozen pages. With the exception of SedanChair, who is generally considered to be the worst poster in D&D, they are arguing with no one to score internet points.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

How could you possibly construe what I said as blaming the victims? Disabled people and social services workers didn't persecute Muslims. Backlash tends to affect the innocent. That doesn't mean the shooters have sole responsibility for what happened. But the victims had no responsibility whatsoever.

Am I speaking English? :psyduck:

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

SedanChair posted:

Well yeah, in addition to "I'm great" it sounds like he has fleshed that one out to include "kill and oppress the innocent."
Yeah fair enough. It's pretty telling that in the quote Mickey Mental gave, Trump starts out claiming that the sister must have known something about the attack but then immediately switches over to talking about his new Sins of the Father campaign plank.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Iron Rose posted:

"Suffering from racism, xenophobia and religious persecution can be contributing factors in an individual's radicalization" is not literally the same as "women deserve to be raped because they make men mad or horny."

You're a literal retard in the literal sense if you literally believe that.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i am also a child can someone please explain to me the difference between explaining why something happened and justifying it? thank you.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

SedanChair posted:

How could you possibly construe what I said as blaming the victims? Disabled people and social services workers didn't persecute Muslims. Backlash tends to affect the innocent. That doesn't mean the shooters have sole responsibility for what happened. But the victims had no responsibility whatsoever.

Am I speaking English? :psyduck:

I didn't say you were blaming the victims. I said you were justifying the crimes committed. And you were.

Paradoxish posted:

Sure there is. One's more obvious than the other.

My problem isn't with ascribing motivating to these criminals, I'm sure it's entirely accurate that islamophobia suffered is a contributing factor in radicalization.

My problem was in the way people phrased their arguments, and how those arguments and the language used will be perceived.

All I'm saying is that some folks here are dogwhistling pretty hard. And the thing with dogwhistling is that so long as you're not outright saying "they deserved it for being _____" you can imply it however loudly you want.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Swan Oat posted:

i am also a child can someone please explain to me the difference between explaining why something happened and justifying it? thank you.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

I didn't say you were blaming the victims. I said you were justifying the crimes committed. And you were.

Noooo, I was explaining what led to the crimes committed. I know there is this popular strain of American faux-thought that likes to think of crime as being "evil" and having no cause but the finger of Satan, but that's a really stupid way to go through life.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

Sure there is. One's more obvious than the other.

My problem isn't with ascribing motivating to these criminals, I'm sure it's entirely accurate that islamophobia suffered is a contributing factor in radicalization.

My problem was in the way people phrased their arguments, and how those arguments and the language used will be perceived.

All I'm saying is that some folks here are dogwhistling pretty hard. And the thing with dogwhistling is that so long as you're not outright saying "they deserved it for being _____" you can imply it however loudly you want.

I'd love to see some of the quotes of the ones that set you off not from Sedanchair.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

Dogwhistling requires actual intent. A statement of fact like "he killed her because she was having an affair" isn't a dogwhistle because someone might interpret it as "bitch deserved it." The whole point of dogwhistles is that they're understood by both the speaker and the intended audience. What you're suggesting is that it's literally impossible to describe anyone's actions in context because someone somewhere might interpret it in a dumb way.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think y'all need to head to bed because you all seem to be misreading each other's posts and drawing the most uncharitable conclusions possible.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Paradoxish posted:

Dogwhistling requires actual intent. A statement of fact like "he killed her because she was having an affair" isn't a dogwhistle because someone might interpret it as "bitch deserved it." The whole point of dogwhistles is that they're understood by both the speaker and the intended audience. What you're suggesting is that it's literally impossible to describe anyone's actions in context because someone somewhere might interpret it in a dumb way.

which is exactly what I'm saying? There was intent? That is now (understandably) being denied.

socialsecurity posted:

I'd love to see some of the quotes of the ones that set you off not from Sedanchair.

extreme insertion did it for me

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

And literally a bunch of quotes on the same page that I'm not going to go back and spoon feed you

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

SSNeoman posted:

I think y'all need to head to bed because you all seem to be misreading each other's posts and drawing the most uncharitable conclusions possible.

Sure, you'd like us all in bed, asleep, when ISIS/The Government comes for us.

Who radicalized you, SSNeoman? TELL US.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Extreme insertion was also freaking out about statements that were never made. I can't understand this jumping to conclusions. The shooters killed innocent people, in part BECAUSE they were radicalized by OUR (America's) treatment of Muslims.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Extreme insertion was also freaking out about statements that were never made. I can't understand this jumping to conclusions. The shooters killed innocent people, in part BECAUSE they were radicalized by OUR (America's) treatment of Muslims.

Very true! That doesn't change the fact that the entirety of the fault, in this case, lies upon the shooters, regardless of what treatment they may or may not have been subject to.

Islamophobia and islamophobes are lovely, sure, but it's not their fault by any stretch of the imagination. They're terrible people, but not to blame for this tragedy.

Murder is not a rational or acceptable response to discrimination. The discrimination these individuals may have been subject to may well be the cause of their violent attack, but that attack is not the fault of those who discriminated unjustly against them on any level.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 5, 2015

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Slate with a hot take on the media circus yesterday.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Literally saying "it will be our fault" is not the same as simply trying to explain why something might happen. Although to be fair I didn't see a single person do the former until Sedanchair started posting.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

Very true! That doesn't change the fact that the entirety of the fault, in this case, lies upon the shooters, regardless of what treatment they may or may not have been subject to.

Islamophobia and islamophobes are lovely, sure, but it's not their fault by any stretch of the imagination. They're terrible people, but not to blame for this tragedy.

They absolutely are to blame. Men, women and children face verbal and physical abuse for their appearance and faith every day. Who are you to absolve the perpetrators of these crimes?

The Iron Rose posted:

Murder is not a rational or acceptable response to discrimination. The discrimination these individuals may have been subject to may well be the cause of their violent attack, but that attack is not the fault of those who discriminated unjustly against them on any level.

This is just you declaring things, apparently. Absolving Trump.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

SedanChair posted:

They absolutely are to blame. Men, women and children face verbal and physical abuse for their appearance and faith every day. Who are you to absolve the perpetrators of these crimes?
I don't absolve them for those actions. I absolve them of responsibility for when people decide an acceptable response to petty bigotry to murder innocent people.

quote:

This is just you declaring things, apparently. Absolving Trump.

Yes? Donald Trump is terrible, but this attack isn't his (direct) fault. He didn't hold a gun to their daughter's head and command those two to kill innocent people. He may have contributed to an environment where people can feel comfortable espousing racist, harmful views, but that's not the same thing.

Perhaps fault is the wrong word. Donald Trump isn't to blame for this attack, nor is the zionist coworker. Just like Sarah Palin isn't to blame for the attempted assassination of Gabby Giffords.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/04/theyre-coming-here-kill-us-pirro-geraldo-spar-guns-radical-islam

Fox News: The reason we're losing to ISIS is because we're too politically correct and we must "speak out" against Muslims, regardless of political correctness.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

The Iron Rose posted:

I don't absolve them for those actions. I absolve them of responsibility for when people decide an acceptable response to petty bigotry to murder innocent people.

I don't think anyone is suggesting bigots be tried as murderers. Fault (or blame) can be distributed, and it can be distributed unequally.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
Erick Son of Erick is a responsible gun owner who used his second amendment rights to express his displeasure with the first.

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/673203319528116224

God bless twitter

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

ColdPie posted:

First, I stop reading your posts whenever you accuse someone of "justifying mass murder." Stop saying incredibly stupid things and perhaps you'll get responses to whatever real point you're trying to make.
Consider the possibility that getting people to stop justifying mass murder because doing so is ideologically convenient is the point. It's an accusation that may get people defensive, but getting people to feel bad isn't really what I'm after, I want them to think about why they're reacting to these events the way they are. This is a call for some introspection regarding how existing biases and agendas are causing people to react to events.

quote:

Second, when an unexplainable act occurs, it makes sense to break down why it happened to try to understand it, which can help in making changes to prevent it from happening again. First you find the explanations for why the action occurred, then you figure out what you can change, within our legal and social framework, to prevent it happening again. So let's break this down. What would convince a family with a young child that going on a killing spree is the best way to spend the rest of their now-short lives?

1) Presumably they had sincere belief in their chosen sky wizard. Outside influences like daesh may have convinced them that defending this sky wizard's honor is worth their lives.

2) They had easy access to weapons allowing them to commit mass murder trivially.

3) It's well-known that Muslims are a persecuted minority by much of the US.

4) We have evidence that his workplace was hostile to his chosen sky wizard, and apparently he left the party the previous day in a bad mood. Maybe yet another argument about his sky wizard had occurred, and this with the other factors was enough to make him snap in that particular manner on that particular day.

So suppose all this is true. Maybe it isn't! I'm speculating given the evidence that I have. Feel free to disagree. Maybe there are other factors! Feel free to propose some and your suggested solutions. But suppose it is true. What can we do to prevent it from happening again? Maybe if we had one fewer factor, the guy would not have snapped. What can we do to remove one or more of these factors from people who find themselves in a similar situation in the future?

1) Addressing religious radicalism is hard. For better or worse, the US treats religion as untouchable. Probably people reading this very post were offended that I said "sky wizard." Reducing the impact of 2000 year old fairy tales on peoples' lives is going to be a long, long process and may never happen. Maybe work could be done here, but I don't think there's any meaningful short-term action we can take to stop this, especially religious extremism abroad.

2) Preventing easy access to weapons designed for mass murder may have prevented this from occurring, but gun control in the US is a dead end, so nevermind.

3) Ah, here we hit on something we can work with. We have strong evidence that we can reduce race- and religion-based persecution in relatively short terms. 1950s-style racism is no longer acceptable in 2000. We have lots of black business leaders, politicians, and a black president. The supreme court declared racism has ended (this one was a joke). Gay marriage is legal nation-wide. Perhaps if the killers felt that Muslims were welcome members of the US, they wouldn't have chosen to go on a murder spree.

4) The killers targeted his workplace, which suggests body count was not their main goal. The evidence is that something at his work caused them to snap. We also have evidence that at least one coworker had strong anti-Muslim opinions and was not shy of expressing them. Maybe if HR had taken a pro-active response to the harassment, or if his other coworkers had defended his right to exist, he would not have chosen to execute the people he'd worked with for several years. Maybe if we had stronger employee protections, or a stronger social safety net, he would have felt OK with leaving the toxic environment to work someplace else (but see also factor 3, above).

None of this is victim blaming. I'm trying to find an explanation for why they chose to go on a killing spree, and how we can prevent it happening again. Perhaps you believe there are additional factors. What are they? What can we do to reduce those factors in the future? "Well, he should've just dealt with those issues in a more rational way" isn't an answer, because he didn't. What would you have changed in the lives of these people to make them not come to the decision they did?
Well I would have changed the though processes that made them decide it was ok to go on a rampage. Again, people keep insisting this isn't victim blaming and that they're not justifying the killer and then immediately turning around and assuming/asserting that it was the toxic behavior of his co-workers (or society at large) that caused him to snap, and the best way to prevent future shootings is to eliminate anything the killer might have found objectionable or had a hard time with. Anti-bigotry initiatives are good to do in and of themselves so it's ideologically easy to prescribe them as a solution, but you're "finding an explanation" of why they went on a killing spree that is based on the behavior of other people, and jumping to a solution that requires other people (and society at large) to be nicer to the minority the killer belongs to because if we don't there will be similar acts in the future.

Again, I feel the example of Elliot Rodger is legitimately instructive here because applying any of the questions you're asking about the treatment of these killers to him, or asking how his victims or we as a society could have accommodated his needs better to prevent him from going on a killing spree will immediately strike you as insensitive and unreasonable. He was a man who killed for entirely trivial reasons, and everyone seems to agree that socially we can't be asking people to behave differently in order to head off an entitled decision to kill other people because of dissatisfaction. Well what's different here, and why do people keep finding the comparison so beyond consideration? Is the rationale we've constructed for these killers out of the most circumstantial evidence actually reasonable, even if we assume (and we are definitely assuming) that they faced legitimate workplace harassment? If we're not interested in justifying the killers actions, or blaming the victims, why do we see a consistent focus on the proximate or ongoing behavior of the victims that may have set the killer off? The only difference is that we feel the behavior that we're assuming set the killer off here was Bad and objectionable, while we don't feel that the Rodgers' victims did anything objectionable. Which might matter if this was a case of simple assault and we had an interest in justifying explaining an assailant's actions as being due to extreme provocation by the other party- i.e. the victim literally had it coming because of their bad behavior. But this wasn't an assault, this was the murder of an office full of people, and everyone keeps swearing up and down they have zero interest in justifying the actions of the assailant or blaming the victims (because doing so would be loathsome). I'd like to take people at their word on that, but to my mind it's completely inconsistent with how these killers and the victims are being treated in this thread.

edit:

NippleFloss posted:

"Suffering from racism, xenophobia and religious persecution can be contributing factors in an individual's radicalization" is not literally the same as "women deserve to be raped because they make men mad or horny."

You're a literal retard in the literal sense if you literally believe that.

The counterpart to the first argument isn't "women deserve to be raped because they make men mad or horny," it's "social isolation, lack of connection with other humans, and sexual rejection can be contributing factors in an individual's extreme misogyny." That's an explanation, not a justification. Both are fine. The problem I have with either is when it starts turning from an explanation of why the killers did what they did to an implicit justification of it. You'd rightly be extremely skeptical of anyone who used the statement relating to misogyny to launch an exploration of the ways in which society and individual victims of the killer failed to adequately ameliorate the behavior that the killer found so objectionable that it caused them to lash out in an entitled rage and take life indiscriminately. Why are you not similarly skeptical of "explanations" that do that in cases like this?

LGD fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 5, 2015

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Actually, I'm willing to blame white culture for Rodgers. White people as a whole in America share a little bit of the blame for creating a culture where his ideology wasn't immediately recognized and treated as mental illness.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

LGD posted:

Consider the possibility that getting people to stop justifying mass murder

No one is doing this, so, good job! You won!

LGD posted:

Well I would have changed the though processes that made them decide it was ok to go on a rampage.

How? That's the question I was trying to answer. Something lead the couple to conclude that mass murder was their best option. How would you have stopped them from concluding that? What would you have changed about their lives and/or their surroundings?

LGD posted:

Again, people keep insisting this isn't victim blaming and that they're not justifying the killer and then immediately turning around and assuming/asserting that it was the toxic behavior of his co-workers (or society at large) that caused him to snap, and the best way to prevent future shootings is to eliminate anything the killer might have found objectionable or had a hard time with. Anti-bigotry initiatives are good to do in and of themselves so it's ideologically easy to prescribe them as a solution, but you're "finding an explanation" of why they went on a killing spree that is based on the behavior of other people, and jumping to a solution that requires other people (and society at large) to be nicer to the minority the killer belongs to because if we don't there will be similar acts in the future.

Again, I feel the example of Elliot Rodger is legitimately instructive here because applying any of the questions you're asking about the treatment of these killers to him, or asking how his victims or we as a society could have accommodated his needs better to prevent him from going on a killing spree will immediately strike you as insensitive and unreasonable. He was a man who killed for entirely trivial reasons, and everyone seems to agree that socially we can't be asking people to behave differently in order to head off an entitled decision to kill other people because of dissatisfaction. Well what's different here, and why do people keep finding the comparison so beyond consideration

The difference is the change being requested of the environment. I think asking toxic work environments to be made less toxic is a reasonable request. I don't think asking women to stop existing, or to appease every man that desires them, is a reasonable request. Again, it's a breakdown of what the causes were, and what can be done about those causes. If the cause of those murders was someone failing to get laid, then maybe we should consider changing how our culture portrays the importance of sex, or something (I'm making this up, I don't know the particulars of that case). It's not about assigning blame, it's about making changes to ensure it doesn't happen again.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

Perhaps fault is the wrong word. Donald Trump isn't to blame for this attack, nor is the zionist coworker. Just like Sarah Palin isn't to blame for the attempted assassination of Gabby Giffords.

She literally signed off on an image with a crosshair superimposed on Giffords' district. If she is free of blame, so are Hutu radio hosts who advocated genocide.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

which is exactly what I'm saying? There was intent? That is now (understandably) being denied.

extreme insertion did it for me

No he didn't those quotes from that post are people saying the same thing to him I'm saying to you to show which actual posts you are actually arguing against, like which people are trying to actually justify what he did instead of just explaining his motives, either you are unable to understand people's posts or are misunderstanding intentionally to argue against some argument that nobody sane is making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Defenestration posted:

Erick Son of Erick is a responsible gun owner who used his second amendment rights to express his displeasure with the first.

https://twitter.com/EWErickson/status/673203319528116224

God bless twitter

What a lovely group, I hope that was from 25 yards.

• Locked thread