Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Wescoe's gone hippie if you haven't seen him recently. So no I doubt his hygiene is better than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Everyone knows you don't have to wash your hands if you skip wiping.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
To be fair, I could almost accept the reasoning that touching the sink fixtures at a convention hall bathroom filled with nerds would be a net decrease in cleanliness.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

UberJew posted:

Seems like Sigarda does all of this, except instead of the drain breaking stalemates it's flying over the gummed up ground and not dying to a terminate

Maybe they're packing maindecked board wipes, too, which Ghost-daddy dodges?

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

JerryLee posted:

To be fair, I could almost accept the reasoning that touching the sink fixtures at a convention hall bathroom filled with nerds would be a net decrease in cleanliness.

I pack an assortment of scented hand sanitizers in my Magic backpack for this reason.

Also for the reason that some loving kid at ym lgs kept wiping his snotty nose with his loving INDEX FINGER and then shuffling my cards after I fetched.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

If you see this man, slap him in the nuts for me.
Shameless plug time!

I posted a link a while back to my playmat designs on Inked, and I've since made a lot of them available (plus some extras) as t-shirts and hoodies on RedBubble. Gitaxian Investments & Securities is one that isn't available as a playmat, and the newest design is Oblivion Sewing & Alterations. If you're looking for a cheap MTG related Christmas present for someone - these might do the trick. =0)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sigma-X posted:

I think Rashad Miller is loving awesome and really deserves more recognition for creating the notion of streaming magic than he gets. I have my Riashadan Ports modified and signed by him :v:

He's just not a very good commentator.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Sigma-X posted:

sidenote: I think Rashad Miller is loving awesome and really deserves more recognition for creating the notion of streaming magic than he gets. I have my Riashadan Ports modified and signed by him :v:

Agree with this. Rashad is a cool dude and occasionally shows up for pre-releases at Hotsauce.

Rinkles posted:

He's just not a very good commentator.

Also with this. :(

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Didn't hear about the Fabiano story before but glad he got a temp ban. Friend played him at a GP before and we were sure he was cheating then too but only after the game and after my friend told us the story.

Magical wizard drama is the best. it's like reading Harry Potter books 4-6 all over again but with man children. :3:

Admiral posted:

Shameless plug time!

I posted a link a while back to my playmat designs on Inked, and I've since made a lot of them available (plus some extras) as t-shirts and hoodies on RedBubble. Gitaxian Investments & Securities is one that isn't available as a playmat, and the newest design is Oblivion Sewing & Alterations. If you're looking for a cheap MTG related Christmas present for someone - these might do the trick. =0)

Could you make more of these stickers? Specifically snap caster and Al's demolition. Tia.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

Chill la Chill posted:

Could you make more of these stickers? Specifically snap caster and Al's demolition. Tia.

No problem, will be done by tonight. =0)

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Admiral posted:

Shameless plug time!

"Attourneys"? What country are you from?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Every time I see people refer to LSV in writing I can only think of the header text at the beginning of Orphan Black episodes that warn the viewers that the content will contain Language Sex and Violence.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Angry Grimace posted:

Wescoe's gone hippie if you haven't seen him recently. So no I doubt his hygiene is better than normal.

Don't you make fun of Bruce Jenner like that! He is such a brave person.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rimusutera
Oct 17, 2014

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Don't you make fun of Bruce Jenner like that! He is such a brave person.

Can we not.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

Hrmmm... well, poo poo. That's the last time I believe my lawyer friend. And for the record, Australia. But it seems even we don't spell it that way. Goddamn.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Admiral posted:

Shameless plug time!

I love these (especially the Urza's one). One suggestion: If Redbubble allows, you could do the logo on the right front of the t-shirt, I think that'd look a lot like an actual company t-shirt.

Also, is Gitaxian Investments & Securities going to be available as a playmat later? Or does all the blue make it doubtful?

VV: Yeah that seems like an issue with thin text. I was thinking of the kinds of shirts that workers wear, with Big Al's as an obvious example. Shame abut Gitaxian too.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 6, 2015

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

Serperoth posted:

I love these (especially the Urza's one). One suggestion: If Redbubble allows, you could do the logo on the right front of the t-shirt, I think that'd look a lot like an actual company t-shirt.

Also, is Gitaxian Investments & Securities going to be available as a playmat later? Or does all the blue make it doubtful?

Inked already knocked back the Gitaxian one as a playmat, due to it being too close for comfort to WoTC intellectual property. Nice call on the positioning of the logos though, I'll see how flexibile the sizing and positioning is. Might lose some of the detail though, the text in the Urza's design is pretty thin.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Picture of Craig Wescoe:

Well you caught me.

But not really

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Admiral posted:

No problem, will be done by tonight. =0)

Thanks. I'm also glad you made the tiny changes suggested from before and amended the http to reflect their sets. :3:

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

PhyrexianLibrarian posted:

At tourneys

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Hey looking for a little help here. I used to have a pretty good grip on it, but the modern meta at my local store has exploded and I have no loving clue how to build or contort my sideboard now. I'm on mono-blue fish, and quite frankly I don't know what to do. Just last night, here were the decks I saw at the event:

meta posted:

Jund
Junk
Splinter Twin
Living End
Affinity
Amulet Bloom
Lantern Control
Jeskai Control
Grixis Delver
Infect
Burn
Naya Zoo
Bant zoo+retreat
Boggles
Jeskai Hexproof
Abzan Coco with Melira combo
B/W tokens
U/G Tron
R/G Tron
and another Merfolk deck

Like what the gently caress is my sideboard supposed to look like to handle this meta? Currently I am running:

maindeck posted:

4 x Aether Vial
4 x Spreading Seas
1 x Vapor Snag
4 x Cursecatcher
4 x Silvergill Adept
4 x Harbinger of Tides
4 x Lord of Atlantis
4 x Master of the Pearl Trident
4 x Merrow Reejerey
4 x Master of Waves
2 x Phantasmal Image
1 X Kira, Great Glass Spinner

20 x lands (mix of nonislands that produce U, Islands, and 4 mutavaults)

"sideboard posted:

4 x Hurkyl's Recall
2 x Spell Pierce
2 x Remand
2 x Spellskite
2 x Relic of Progenitus
2 x Vapor Snag
1 X Dismember

Should I add hibernation to the sideboard, or another card? Is fish just a bad deck in this metagame? What should I remove from the board? Should I instead cut the two Phantasmal Images from the main to move something from the board to the maindeck and thereby get 2 more sideboard slots? Now I'm not doing poorly, that past few nights I've gone 5-1, 4-2, and 3-2(which was my worst, still finished in packs though). However, I know there has to be something I can tweak here, but for the life of me, I have no idea.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Admiral posted:

Shameless plug time!

Quoting this for myself so I can check it out once I'm not on mobile. I adore your work.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Night Danger Moose posted:

Quoting this for myself so I can check it out once I'm not on mobile. I adore your work.

You could always just use the Mark as Read option, for what it's worth. :shobon:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Poor Tom Ross. That radiant flames got him a little misty eyed. Too bad he was one off lethal the previous turn.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Ross has had horrific luck on stream recently. All 3 of his losses this tourney have been on camera.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Alaan posted:

Ross has had horrific luck on stream recently. All 3 of his losses this tourney have been on camera.

Last weekend he got destroyed in the first round at the SCG open. Dude's been on a pretty bad streak.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Alaan posted:

Remember the last guy that always won except on camera?

Of course tom doesn't seem like a cheat but its at least humorous to remember.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Sickening posted:

Remember the last guy that always won except on camera?

Of course tom doesn't seem like a cheat but its at least humorous to remember.

He just won on camera, too! He made top 8 thanks to it.

SCGDEN Standard Open Top 8: Logan Mize, Todd Anderson, Paul Bradford, Tom Ross, Lee Marino, Vikram Kudva, Joe Lossett, Zach Mandelblatt

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Niton posted:

He just won on camera, too! He made top 8 thanks to it.

SCGDEN Standard Open Top 8: Logan Mize, Todd Anderson, Paul Bradford, Tom Ross, Lee Marino, Vikram Kudva, Joe Lossett, Zach Mandelblatt

How the hell did joe make it in? They spoke on camera like there was no way he could.

Admiral
Dec 14, 2000

Night Danger Moose posted:

You're makin' me blush over here. =0)

And yeah, Tom's not the only one to have Radiant Flames make him want to weep. Urgh.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator

The card roughly translates to:

quote:

Mina and Denn, Wild-born 2RG

Legendary Creature - Elf Ally

You may play an additional land during each of your turns.

RG, Return a land you control to its owner's hand; Target creature gains trample until end of turn.

4/4

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Yup, ♦ is just the colorless mana symbol confirmed.

Not really sure how expensive Filterland Expeditions will be. They're pretty much limited to being one-ofs in a few decks.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 7, 2015

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Angry Grimace posted:

Not really sure how expensive Filterland Expeditions will be. They're pretty much limited to being one-ofs in a few decks.

The best confirmation (and the obviously correct one from the start)

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

I don't understand why they wouldn't make the colorless mana symbol change, and introduce the colorless basic, in the first set of the block, seems like a bad decision

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

....huh. That's...a thing.

Were there only going to be 15 Expeditions in Oath? The enemy colored battlelands and 10 filterlands?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
/\/\/\: There are 20 (BFZ ones number 1-25/45). We don't know what the others are. We don't even know if they will print the other Battlelands in Oath. They could put them in SOI and avoid giving 4 color decks even better mana since they don't like printing punishing cards for this kind of greed anymore. :(

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

I don't understand why they wouldn't make the colorless mana symbol change, and introduce the colorless basic, in the first set of the block, seems like a bad decision

It was originally a 3 set block. The change up happened in the middle of design time and they handed a half finished block over to development. :v:

Angry Grimace posted:

Source for those of us who are curious?

Cernunnos fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 7, 2015

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm kinda annoyed that it's just the symbol for colourless mana. I liked there just being numbers for colourless. I guess who ever called the number in the circle becoming "any mana" is right.

I am still going to assume though that anything with a mana cost that specifically contains a ♦ symbol can only be paid with a ♦ and not coloured mana.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

We've already cards that includes both numbers and ♦ in their cost, so that basically has to be what it means.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Gridlocked posted:

I'm kinda annoyed that it's just the symbol for colourless mana. I liked there just being numbers for colourless. I guess who ever called the number in the circle becoming "any mana" is right.

I am still going to assume though that anything with a mana cost that specifically contains a ♦ symbol can only be paid with a ♦ and not coloured mana.

Well... duh? That's literally the entire point.

Also it makes perfect sense to make it a symbol and not a number. When you tap something that gives two of a colored mana, it's WW/UU/BB/RR/GG. Why wouldn't it also be the same for colorless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Gridlocked posted:

Numbers in circles was "any mana" if it was in a cost and "colorless mana" if it was something produced. Now Tron lands should produce ♦/♦♦/♦♦♦ instead of {1}/{2}/{3} to enforce this distinction but can still pay for everything Tron does since costs are in "any mana" format.

• Locked thread