Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

JonathonSpectre posted:

Hi there TOR thread. My buddy and I have decided to re-up and play TOR as basically a duo Bioware RPG over Christmas break. Is there anything on the Cartel market that's such a huge quality of life upgrade for levelling that we should both go ahead and spend $5-10 to get it/them? We're both going to subscribe if that makes any difference, and we were both CE purchasers if that makes any further difference.

As an aside, I'd forgotten how beautiful and atmospheric the game is, not to mention how good the voice acting is (by and large). For my loving-around character I'm playing a 100% dark side female Inquisitor and so far she is gloriously, gloriously jolly-evil.

Get all 3 levels of rocket boost. That'll make getting around much faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
:siren: Last few days! So reminder that we have a guild fund drive going right now! For every 1,000 credits you deposit, you get one entry into the raffle.:siren:

The grand prize is a probe droid companion! It's a companion that you can use for combat while your other companions craft or do other stuff. :D It's also super easy to raise influence because you can use Jawa Junk to buy gifts - a stack of 99 greens gets you to about 17 influence. 400 cartel coins unlocks it for your account.

Or just sell it for 10 million on the GTN!

How do I deposit? First travel to the guild ship -

Then deposit in the guild bank!

We'll probably go for a week or so and see how it looks. Right now I'll tentatively say 12/8 is the deadline for donations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Re: the datamined stuff, RIP AP PT MVP. :(

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

sassassin posted:

The game isn't giving me enough xp. I've had to stop at Belsavis because I'm 5 levels under now but that planet sucks anyway so silver linings.

I could spend an hour grinding heroics but I'd rather do something fun.

I can't tell if you're trying to be funny/ironic or are actually that terrible.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm actually really good, which is why I can play without grinding.

Was Belsavis written by a different team? I've done two characters on it now and the difference in quality from the rest of the game is huge. Also there's something in the north that's tanking my new graphics card's performance.

A class quest of "kill 12 x and 5 y" and they're all spread out. Garbage game design.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Re: the datamined stuff, RIP AP PT MVP. :(

Muh big numbers. :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Why are there teleporters? This is bad canon!

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Whenever Bioware and Star Wars meet on xenotech, you can bet 99% of time on "It's Rakata tech, I don't have to explain poo poo." route. If it's Star Wars only, then it's Space Magic more commonly known as the Force.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

A Sith Lord did it

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
"Removed some of Treek's dialogue while in combat. Nominated for best change 2015."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Holy crap the cost of bounty contracts baffles me. The cheapest one on the GTN right now is 146,666 credits.

Also apparently there is some exploit where people are getting unlimited rank 6 legendary companion gifts. So expect to see some bans coming soon!

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

JonathonSpectre posted:

Is there anything on the Cartel market that's such a huge quality of life upgrade for levelling that we should both go ahead and spend $5-10 to get it/them? We're both going to subscribe if that makes any difference, and we were both CE purchasers if that makes any further difference.

Unlocking Legacy Travel I-III is also good; this reduces your Quick Travel cooldown to 0.

Medullah posted:

Holy crap the cost of bounty contracts baffles me. The cheapest one on the GTN right now is 146,666 credits.

The BBA sells good stuff, people still want it. Also, if you want the Sharp Dresser achievement and you weren't around in year 1 to do the Grand Acquisitions Race or the original Rakghoul events, then you're gonna need around 400 completed contracts to buy the outfits.

shadok fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 6, 2015

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

sassassin posted:

I'm actually really good, which is why I can play without grinding.

Was Belsavis written by a different team? I've done two characters on it now and the difference in quality from the rest of the game is huge. Also there's something in the north that's tanking my new graphics card's performance.

A class quest of "kill 12 x and 5 y" and they're all spread out. Garbage game design.

Each planet had a different writer as I understand it.

Everything concerning the Rakata is pretty garbage.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

You're welcome.

Also for this:

And these:

nonentity fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 6, 2015

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Are there any blaster rifles with bayonets? Would look cool, especially on vanguards.

And by cool I mean silly because they'd never actually use them but also cool.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Are there any blaster rifles with bayonets? Would look cool, especially on vanguards.

And by cool I mean silly because they'd never actually use them but also cool.

There are now.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The C96 Mauser. The gun that keeps on giving.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Do people really get mad if you don't spoiler future cosmetic items?

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Is there a big difference between pub and imp when doing the expansions like makes, revan, Ziost etc that it's worth doing both sides. Just got to Ziost and my agent and was wondering if it was worth it to run through it all again on a pub class.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

B-Mac posted:

Is there a big difference between pub and imp when doing the expansions like makes, revan, Ziost etc that it's worth doing both sides. Just got to Ziost and my agent and was wondering if it was worth it to run through it all again on a pub class.

Makeb is unique on both factions but beginning with SoR the story is pretty much the same with some minor flavor for all factions/classes.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Medullah posted:

Makeb is unique on both factions but beginning with SoR the story is pretty much the same with some minor flavor for all factions/classes.

Thanks. I don't have kotfe yet but are the stories similar for both sides as well?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

B-Mac posted:

Thanks. I don't have kotfe yet but are the stories similar for both sides as well?

Yep, pretty much the same story with a few references to your individual class in dialogue only.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

B-Mac posted:

Yeah although given that the KOTFE story is about your character rather than your previous stuff it's not too surprising. Like, there's throwbacks and references to stuff that happened before as well as re-occurring characters but past the opening it's basically the same with minor changes like SoR is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So for a "generic" PvP legacy armor set, what's the best augments to use? Assuming set is used for healers/dps. Crit/alacrity mix?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

420 Gank Mid posted:

Not to mention that tonight I went from lvl 61-65 in a single Operation.

Ganjamancer, Terror From Beyond? I was your Healer, Sakarian. The other Healer said you were retarded because you called him racist for dropping the N bomb.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HebrewMagic posted:

Ganjamancer, Terror From Beyond? I was your Healer, Sakarian. The other Healer said you were retarded because you called him racist for dropping the N bomb.

And I feel bad for dropping out on the TFB from you guys but I was dead tired and it was not going well.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

So for a "generic" PvP legacy armor set, what's the best augments to use? Assuming set is used for healers/dps. Crit/alacrity mix?

It's not a question with a clear answer, you can Legacy nine pieces so I'd do all nine of those as Crit and customize the other five as needed.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

It's not a question with a clear answer, you can Legacy nine pieces so I'd do all nine of those as Crit and customize the other five as needed.

Actually also have the devoted allies earpiece and implants for extra laziness. :D

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

HebrewMagic posted:

Yes, repeatedly calling someone racial slurs is firmly on the "racist idiot" side of the ethnic tolerance spectrum.

Medullah posted:

And I feel bad for dropping out on the TFB from you guys but I was dead tired and it was not going well.

Bubba'fat i'm guessing? No worries man, you did the best you could with us and we wouldn't have gotten anywhere past where we were had you not dropped in.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
We're two down for HM Terror from Beyond. If anyone forgot that we're starting at 7 tonight, now's time.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Nice. Was wondering when we'd get Malgus' armor.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Alter Ego posted:

Nice. Was wondering when we'd get Malgus' armor.

Are we missing anyone from the opening cinematic at this point? We have Satele's set, the trooper set, Malgus, Shae Vizla's, the generic sith mooks armor, the Jedi dude that gets stabbed on Coruscant, and Niko's coat.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I like that they're finally giving us a color crystal in a nice classic light blue that can be added to collections and doesn't require level 50. "Farmhand Blue." Clever!

sassassin posted:

The game isn't giving me enough xp.

Actually I think the problem is you're not earning enough XP. Sort of like how you don't typically earn enough money if you only work four hours a week.

It really takes just a bare minimum of effort to get this game to absolutely poo poo XP all over you, and if you don't bother to do that much, it's not really the game's fault!

Reminds me of the guy who was pissed off that crafting required materials. If you're gonna play RPG's at all, it's probably best that you come to terms with the most basic tenets of the genre.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I like that they're finally giving us a color crystal in a nice classic light blue that can be added to collections and doesn't require level 50. "Farmhand Blue." Clever!

We'll be able to add it to collections? That's just about perfect. :allears:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

prefect posted:

We'll be able to add it to collections? That's just about perfect. :allears:

Well, that is an assumption on my part, but that's been the case with almost every color crystal made after collections were a thing, so I think it's a relatively reasonable assumption.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
Nice run of Terror from Beyond tonight. TNG is now 4/5 on HM TFB and working on the Terror itself. It felt like real progression raiding again, repeated wipes on Operator IX and all. I appreciate everyone sticking with it as long as they did, especially those new to the fights and learning everything on the fly.

We're putting together another group to kill the Terror tomorrow night at 8:00 Eastern and will have room for at least a few people who weren't there tonight.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I like that the weekly for doing Tacticals doesn't give you credit for roughly a third of tactical FPs, so you either get to remove those when you're queuing (and forgo the daily reward) or potentially do a ton of extras if you happen to get screwed on which ones pop. Couldn't figure out why my log says I only have credit for having done one of them this week. :thumbsup:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crindee posted:

I like that the weekly for doing Tacticals doesn't give you credit for roughly a third of tactical FPs, so you either get to remove those when you're queuing (and forgo the daily reward) or potentially do a ton of extras if you happen to get screwed on which ones pop. Couldn't figure out why my log says I only have credit for having done one of them this week. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's a major reason I don't do tacticals except for conquest credit. If you're doing it with a goon group you can always just leave, abandon the flashpoint and then queue again if you get one that didn't count.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Well, I thought it was an appropriate name, given that I designed that color based on the first appearances of Luke's Graflex saber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

420 Gank Mid posted:

Yes, repeatedly calling someone racial slurs is firmly on the "racist idiot" side of the ethnic tolerance spectrum.

No disagreement there, dude.

• Locked thread