Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

You're just happy to be here but Villa expect to be comfortably top half at worst even if that's dumb. I thought some more of their kids would have stepped up by now but Amavi died and even Grealish doesn't seem to give a gently caress about keeping up the club he supports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sherwood's sacking was wrong.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Star Error posted:

For the record I don't think he should be sacked and would happily keep him even if we go down I just think the situations are quite similar

Not signing any new defenders or a good striker was a bit strange of norwich but Neil will at least get you promoted again should he stay at the club

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Brendan Rodgers posted:

You're just happy to be here but Villa expect to be comfortably top half at worst even if that's dumb.

No, we don't. We're not Newcastle.

We do expect to not be in the relegation zone given our expenditure though.

The last 3 years has been a case of 'phew that was close', but there's no escaping our doom now.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blue Star Error posted:

1 win in 10 for Alex Neil, lots of posters said that was sack worthy when Sherwood went I'm wondering if any pitf thinks Neil should be sacked? Genuine question I'm not trying to say Sherwood's sacking was wrong.

Nobody outside of Norwich knows or has any opinions about Alex Neil, so you should probably sack him or don't

Get someone in that was involved with a big club but has no real experience

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

CyberPingu posted:

I get the feeling Rodgers' system worked, i just dont think he ever recovered mentally from losing the league and it reflected on to his players.

r o f l

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can't believe nobody else was after wijnaldum last summer

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Great round of results. With the exception of Lester no one is firing. I thought after Southampton that Liverpool might be showing signs of a hot streak but then McLaren's band of merry mongs ran circles around them. Coutinho is their new Saurez.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

sassassin posted:

Sherwood's sacking was wrong.

You should go on the VillaTalk forum its amazing if you hate Villa. Its full of delusional fans thinking Sherwood was the reason why they are so poo poo, and not the fact the clubs been run into the ground by a very poo poo owner. Sherwood is a 'good' manager just even he can only do so much with a team of players that would get relegated out of the Championship never mind the Premiership.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We were different, we were the blueprint for others. what is going on?

The Swansea blueprint is being made obsolete right before our very eyes ironically by the very man who was installed to continue the great Swansea City legacy.
At first GM did great but now I just see his arrogance and the more he tinkers with his plan Bs the more it saps the spirit and direction out of our players.
The Secret to the Swans success, particularly during the Martinez Rodgers era is players like Mark Gower, Leon Britton, Garry Monk ... even Fede Bessone were able to contribute to Swansea's success.
This is Epitomised by the likes of Gower, Tate, Pratley, Britton, DeVries, Vorm, Sinclair, Ben Davies, Danny Graham, Robinson, Trundle, Allen having their best years with this club before their careers crashed and burned.
HJ said a few years back that our passing possession game enabled us to get the very best out of average players. That better players would use us as a stepping stone and that's how we are able to survive. We were different, we were the blueprint for other clubs to succeed.
Last season the board were saying we needed further investment to keep up with the other clubs.
Now some of the posters on here are thinking about the likes of Moyes steadying the ship.
FFS ... We took a chance with an unproven manager like Brendan who took us to the next level.
Personally I'd like to see Brendan back for the rest of the season at least, to get the best out of our current squad and stabilise our Premier status. If he's not the long term answer then let's not go for one of the usual experienced managerial big name flops who will change the playing staff so much, we will never see the style of football again that made us so popular this last decade.

Leicester were impudent and hungry. Did you see the shoulder charge on Williams?
It's not too late to turn it around.

We just need to go back to what made us everyone's favourite second team.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

About 40% of the way through the season and Chelsea are two points off of the drop. lmao

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Points gap between Liverpool and 1st when Jürgen Klopp took charge = 6.

Points gap between Liverpool and 1st right now = 9.

:shittypop:

Thoughts?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Leicester are too good

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

PirateBob posted:

Thoughts?

for each shitresult
print "It's good. The fanbase and the team need a wake up call."
until klopholm syndrome really sets in

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

PirateBob posted:

Thoughts?

I don't think taking 3 points less than footballing giants Leicester City over the course of a couple months is a bad performance overall. Out of interest, how many teams have a better record than Liverpool since Klopp took charge?

Though they were a dumpster-fire today for sure.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I have a foolproof system to win trophies. All I need is 23 of the world's best players and patient fan support.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

I have a foolproof system to win trophies. All I need is 23 of the world's best players and patient fan support.

The best way to win trophies is to win games, and the best way to win games is to score more goals than you concede, just imo.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

vyelkin posted:

The best way to win trophies is to win games, and the best way to win games is to score more goals than you concede, just imo.
Why do I have a feeling that this is a serious quote from a BBC pundit

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Insurrectionist posted:

I don't think taking 3 points less than footballing giants Leicester City over the course of a couple months is a bad performance overall. Out of interest, how many teams have a better record than Liverpool since Klopp took charge?

it's 6 points less - leicester have 17 points from the last seven games to liverpool's 11 :eng101:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Insurrectionist posted:

Lester, Arsenal, Tottenham, United, Stoke, and Watford. And City and West Brom are equal on points since Klopp took over. So really if they had earned 1 point less since he took over they'd be bottom half.

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 6, 2015

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

poo poo result made even worse by the fact that most other teams ahead of us dropped points.

Coutinho is a massive loss when we are struggling to break teams down.

I like Benteke a lot but I don't think he's going to work under Klopp. Good player in the wrong team.

Comlink
Nov 21, 2006

Oh yes, yes, yes.... that's BANG on the money!
david moyes' barmy army

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

We were never actually going to win the league this season or anything wtf. That's next season.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
It's Leicester

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
klopp has been found out in Germany. I don't understand why you would think he'll do better at Liverpool

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

chuggo is BACK posted:

It's Leicester

I would die laughing op.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

serious gaylord posted:

I would die laughing op.

Lester

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

chuggo is BACK posted:

It's Leicester

I don't have a problem with this.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Brendan Rodgers posted:

We were never actually going to win the league this season or anything wtf. That's next season.

We

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Who gives a poo poo

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

blue footed boobie posted:

Who gives a poo poo

We do.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
reminder that southampton where like 1st place last year at christmas and they are in fact a bad team get hosed leicester you havent been good since blessed mancini played for you

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I don't give a crud.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Really interesting table right now, the battle for that Europa League spot is shaping up to be especially tasty, quite possibly the story of the season.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Parity warning posted:

Really interesting table right now, the battle for that Europa League spot is shaping up to be especially tasty, quite possibly the story of the season.

I feel like Lester and Chelsea's body swap comedy probably beats it.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Can someone tell me how much Chelsea are paying for Falcao's loan spell and why they aren't getting anywhere near the poo poo United got for paying it in spite of the fact they saw how loving bad he was last season.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

excuse me lady posted:

Can someone tell me how much Chelsea are paying for Falcao's loan spell and why they aren't getting anywhere near the poo poo United got for paying it in spite of the fact they saw how loving bad he was last season.

Singling out Falcao is like finding the smelliest burning tire in the tire fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

excuse me lady posted:

A joke's not as funny when you tell it twice.

Still, lol, I'd forgotten he even existed.

• Locked thread