Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RatHat posted:

That's an amazing bug.

It's a super goddamn easy one to make, all it takes is a single typo in the code that ranks people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is anyone else having problems running the item tracker?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Stop Watch is no longer special
Blocking a hit with Holy Mantle now activates Stop Watch (not other on-hit effects though)
Scissors charge time reduced to 2 from 6
Friendly Ball charge time reduced to 3 from 4
Fixed The Battery not overcharging properly
Abel now fires tears directly towards Isaac

Also game is broken for macs, rip

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 6, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Daily Run also got changed. If you did one before the update, it'll be a Samson run. But if you do one now, it'll be a tribute to Iwata.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Blasted through the Dark Room with Keeper on a stupid broken card mimic+dice shard+sackhead run, just need to do it again for the Chest, and then boss rush and hush (gently caress hush) and I'm done with Keeper and the achievements. God this character is so booty.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Haha now the #1 time entry is somebody who idled for 5(!) hours in basement 1

The new daily is crazy by the way. Blasted my way through to the trophy in 16 minutes, it wasn't even that close really. crown of light in the very first item room, pact and mark in devil deals, a shop sells blue candle

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I somehow forgot to pick up both the crown of light and the blue candle :suicide:

But I did manage to duplicate a chaos card and used it on mom's heart and hush

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Oh my god I had the chaos card and forgot to use it against isaac! I was holding on to it for so long and I just now realized :negative:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I always try to use ithe chaos card like a blue candle (activate it and then chose a direction to fire) and end up throwing it harmlessly into a wall.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

The new daily seems to have the same room layouts as the old one, but with different items. Even the dice room reroll is Nintendo-appropriate. Though the run ends in the Cathedral rather than at Mega Satan now.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Seems Sacrifice rooms got buffed, they payout multiple times now including giving out items, teleportation to the Devil/Angel rooms, and teleportation to the Dark room (!!!)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Not only that, :siren:they can teleport you to Angel Rooms even if you paid for a deal with the devil.:siren:

Might want to check the devil room code to see if anything else changed.

Also this is probably a nice buff to Maggie, since she has a lot of HP to give away.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh hey, Godhead. That's nice. Doesn't do much in the loving Guardian challenge though.

Something fun I learned about the Guardian challenge. You know the host enemies that pop up when you get close but are invulnerable otherwise? Yeah they won't pop up unless your punching bag gets close to them. In big rooms that could take a while.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 7, 2015

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
I think the thing where you can reload in an angel room after blowing up the statue in order to get a second statue to blow up got removed. Man, that's going to be real annoying.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Speed is one harrowing challenge! I only beat it with 3:40 left on the clock because I found Tech X, Chocolate Milk, and an Emperor card. I hate being rushed!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Daeren posted:

I think the thing where you can reload in an angel room after blowing up the statue in order to get a second statue to blow up got removed. Man, that's going to be real annoying.

Haha guess I completed all my Mega-Satan runs just in time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Daeren posted:

Thank god I just finished mega satan runs. I still have to do Isaac on hard but that's nothing.

They really need to fix it so you only have to do it once now or something. It's stupid to have to go through that rigmarole every time long after it's had its run as the game's "big secret".

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
All the treasure rooms in the daily challenge are Mario and Zelda themed items, save the Crown of Glory in B1. I wonder how much control they have over item placement in these themed dailies.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I bumbled into an item reroll room and went from being Small Rock/Ipecac to an ungodly monstrosity.

*Continuum
*My Reflection
*Small Planet
*Piercing Tears
*Spoon Bender
*Maggie's Bow
*Anti-Grav

I became... a Touhou :negative:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

AnonSpore posted:

Yo is there a mod or something that removes the red miasma poo poo from womb and stuff? I seem to remember there being something like that in Rebirth.

Quoting myself since I didn't get an answer last time.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Glad I got all my mega Satan runs in before they fixed the angel room but since I'm on a Mac it doesn't look like I have to worry about playing it at all for a while

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I took my time on the daily run and wow, they wanted you to explore. Rune bag in a secret room dead cat just sitting in curse rooms. I'm so sorry Iwata, I turned you into a cat-leviathan-mushroom hybrid.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Had an amazing Keeper run going, ipecac+coin shot+flight+goat head+spoon bender going into caves 2. I get curse of the blind, no big deal. Boss is the fallen, I kill him in two shots, pick up his item...

It's Abaddon.

:suicide:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

AnonSpore posted:

Quoting myself since I didn't get an answer last time.

You can edit the files to remove the overlays but I don't know if anyone has actually done it yet.

I'd be more interested in permanently removing curse of the dark.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Sac rooms are definitely blessed. Just got a pile o' cash, some bombs and keys and a teleport to a God Room on floor one by running over the spikes a few times.

Edit:

Sacrifice rooms can spawn angels now.

Edit2:

What, run over the spikes even more? IF YOU SAY SO GAME! Those all dropped at once from a single pass.

Edit3:
Got the second key piece then a few more passes later and I got teleported all teh way down to the dark room.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 7, 2015

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Wow they actually made those worth doing.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Yeah, they're crazy good now, and a decent indirect buff for Maggie too thanks to her health/Yum Heart. You can also get "You Feel Blessed" popups now which I assume is a luck-up of some sort. After I got it I was getting nickels and dimes like crazy, and you can get it multiple times.

Getting teleported to the end can be kind of a troll I guess, but it's a unique kind of troll (and besides I needed to kill both the Lamb and Mega Satan on Maggie anyways so it worked out). I wonder if it only does that after you've assembled the key.

Alkydere fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 7, 2015

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Alkydere posted:

Yeah, they're crazy good now, and a decent indirect buff for Maggie too thanks to her health/Yum Heart. You can also get "You Feel Blessed" popups now which I assume is a luck-up of some sort. After I got it I was getting nickels and dimes like crazy, and you can get it multiple times.

You feel blessed forces an angel room door to spawn instead of a devil room door, even if you paid for a devil room item earlier in the run. This won't work if the devil room door already spawned on the current floor before getting that message.

Also you get teleported to the Dark Room once you have both key pieces, so if you're not ready for Mega Satan, don't sacrifice yourself more. But yeah, I'm liking this buff. That's a really great rework. I like how they're angelic counterparts of curse rooms now.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Four years after their introduction, sacrifice rooms are worthwhile.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Dr. Fetus posted:

You feel blessed forces an angel room door to spawn instead of a devil room door, even if you paid for a devil room item earlier in the run. This won't work if the devil room door already spawned on the current floor before getting that message.

Also you get teleported to the Dark Room once you have both key pieces, so if you're not ready for Mega Satan, don't sacrifice yourself more. But yeah, I'm liking this buff. That's a really great rework. I like how they're angelic counterparts of curse rooms now.

Too bad in the process of becoming the counterpart to curse rooms, curse rooms have been made pretty much pointless. I miss when curse rooms had an actual item in them more than once every few dozen runs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dr. Fetus posted:

Also you get teleported to the Dark Room once you have both key pieces, so if you're not ready for Mega Satan, don't sacrifice yourself more.

Wait, what? That seems like a big problem.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore posted:

If you did everything as the Keeper and The Lost then Guardian is gonna be a cakewalk for you.

Guardian is all room RNG, especially in the womb, if you roll one of those spiked filled ones you are hosed.

Getting something like tammy's head helps a ton since it lets you use tear effects as well.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

RatHat posted:

Wait, what? That seems like a big problem.

Oh no, not the moment you pick up the key pieces. I mean if you have both key pieces, then try to sacrifice yourself, the game has a chance of teleporting you there. It's easy to avoid if you don't want to do an extreme sequence break. Just don't pick up the key pieces if you're not after Mega Satan or the Lamb.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that actually sounds like a blessing for daily/speed runs

not something you'd go for often, but if you get lucky enough to have the key and enough power early on, why not take the risk?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Something I've always wondered about the trinkets that increase specific item drops(Child's Heart, Rusted Key, Matchstick, ect.) is do they increase those drops at the expense of the other items? like for Rusted Key would that give you more keys but less of the other items?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Had a chance to do a bit of testing with Spider Mod and Money is Power.

Incubus's damage aura is totally based off of your tear damage stat. Collect pennies, the damage aura went up. Spent money on a bum, the aura's damage went down.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Alkydere posted:

Had a chance to do a bit of testing with Spider Mod and Money is Power.

Incubus's damage aura is totally based off of your tear damage stat. Collect pennies, the damage aura went up. Spent money on a bum, the aura's damage went down.

Yeah, I noticed her roasting stuff when I picked up Ipecac. Definitely seemed tear-damage related.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

TheModernAmerican posted:

Four years after their introduction, sacrifice rooms are worthwhile.

Quoting this because I can hardly believe it myself.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer
I did it, I finally got 1001%. I'm done with this game.

Are they planning any more expansions? Anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

AbDomen posted:

I did it, I finally got 1001%. I'm done with this game.

Are they planning any more expansions? Anything?

Supposedly they're working on another expansion which is expected to release somewhere during the summer.