Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Gravy Jones posted:

So when I crouch, sometimes I go sort of invisible. My entire character, including equipment, get a sort of Predator camoflague texture and I can see outlines of my character, but through the actual character. I had been assuming this was an annoying graphical glitch, but is it actually intentional? Like a visual representation of stealth or something? I really have no idea a lot of this stuff is so poorly documented.

The thing is, when I am in this state I can't see my weapons, including gun sites, so it means I essentially can't aim while in stealth (except sniper rifles, it doesn't effect scopes, and VATS) and I can't use Pipboy because the screen goes all supernova bright and washed out. So even if the effect is supposed to happen, this stuff can't be working as intended right? It's annoying more than it is gamebreaking, but I can't seem to find much info about it.This is on the PS4.

Other than that and the goddawful UI.... game still owns.

Its probably a function of special camo/armor youre wearing. Like "chameleon" or something? I had a chameleon chestplate and while it was cool for sneaking, the invisible effect was horrible for the pipboy and the weird color change. I chucked it after an hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gravy Jones posted:

So when I crouch, sometimes I go sort of invisible. My entire character, including equipment, get a sort of Predator camoflague texture and I can see outlines of my character, but through the actual character. I had been assuming this was an annoying graphical glitch, but is it actually intentional? Like a visual representation of stealth or something? I really have no idea a lot of this stuff is so poorly documented.

The thing is, when I am in this state I can't see my weapons, including gun sites, so it means I essentially can't aim while in stealth (except sniper rifles, it doesn't effect scopes, and VATS) and I can't use Pipboy because the screen goes all supernova bright and washed out. So even if the effect is supposed to happen, this stuff can't be working as intended right? It's annoying more than it is gamebreaking, but I can't seem to find much info about it.This is on the PS4.

Other than that and the goddawful UI.... game still owns.

You most likely have picked up a Chameleon affix legendary armor piece. If it really bothers you this much (it didn't bother me, but in your defense I'm using Sniper Rifles/Miniguns exclusively) you can unequip this item. Or you modded your Power Armor chest piece to give you stealth while crouching, in which case you can just replace it with a much better chest: the Jet Pack one.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
That's it. Mystery loving solved. Thanks, that had been really bugging me.

I have some kind improved stealth chest armor. I've been keeping it, even after I picked up other armor because I'm thinking about going all-in on stealth. I'll probably get rid of it as the effect is just too annoying for non-VATS silenced 10mm ghoul erradication.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I think the game kind of seems to break at levels above 75. That or I've just done something with my many, many settlements that is breaking the game in general. Tons of weird bugs are appearing all over the place (and no, I never place tv sets or jukeboxes) All my settlers randomly get unassigned from my various stations, they start losing settlers from places like Sanctuary Hills, and stop producing goods.

Then there's stuff like quest markers not appearing properly (though that's just for Mcready or however he's spelled's quest), ammo for various guns never appearing in drops (though that may be intended), and finding 3-4 of the same weapon on the same enemies.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

evilmiera posted:

I think the game kind of seems to break at levels above 75.

Unrelatedly, are you all SPECIAL'd out at 75?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I snuck in the sewer pipe below Walden pond and two raiders (Bear and Tweez) were sleeping next to each other on matresses. I killed them as they began to stand up and they ragdolled into each other arms. It was kind of sweet and I felt bad about it, and then I killed their friends and stole all their poo poo.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Avocados posted:

Unrelatedly, are you all SPECIAL'd out at 75?

No, I was still lacking a few points. At this rate, I'll reach that goal at level 80.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gravy Jones posted:

I snuck in the sewer pipe below Walden pond and two raiders (Bear and Tweez) were sleeping next to each other on matresses. I killed them as they began to stand up and they ragdolled into each other arms. It was kind of sweet and I felt bad about it, and then I killed their friends and stole all their poo poo.

If you creep up on those raiders and eavesdrop on them they talk about transcendentalism, it's kinda cute.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Did anybody else trick out the railway rifle with a massive barrel and the huge bayonet and name it My Dick

Also can you get legendary railway rifles as drops ever

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i've never seen a rr drop from anyone period, so idk if any legendary enemy would have one. i did find one on a table in some ruined building somewhere. it was the only non railroad railway rifle i came across and i wish i could remember where it was.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 7, 2015

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Now I can't find my Cryolator. I was sure I put it in my main settlement's storage area, but I must've messed up and given it to someone? Checked with most of my character's inventories, no go so far.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
So is junk the only thing shared in supply lines? Because I am getting tired of having to pick up a whole bunch of lovely leathers that I dropped off in sanctuary before supply lines were open just to armor settlers.

Also, related, but do you have to give ammo to settlers? I've been handing settlers Institute rifles and a single power cell assuming the game won't actually process things beyond *has ammo*.

EDIT:
Also, "provisioners" really confuse me. At first I thought it was just the people I sent on supply lines, but then I noticed settlers I assign to shops get named "provisioners" too. Then one actually mans her shop (general) but the weapons one just chills outside her house and never actually walks over to her weapons shop.

JetsGuy fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 7, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

My provisioners know how to handle their fuckin business.
Commonwealth justice :black101:

This guy is my chief of security in Greentop Nursery.

That place has never been attacked, just sayin'

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

evilmiera posted:

Now I can't find my Cryolator. I was sure I put it in my main settlement's storage area, but I must've messed up and given it to someone? Checked with most of my character's inventories, no go so far.

If you didn't put it in the actual Workbench, one of your settlers might have wandered off with it.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah? I didn't have any problem with him earlier in power armor.

There's a lot of bugs with NPCs who are written so they can be either friendly or hostile going prematurely hostile. There's a bunch of things that can cause it, including the power armor helmet upgrade that tags enemy targets on the HUD for you.
Also the most annoying thing is accidentally stealing a tin can or something and having a whole base go aggro on you. I stole something without realizing it in Vault 81 once and had to reload back to when I entered the base.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Nordick posted:

:black101: gently caress yeah it hasn't

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Nordick posted:

Give him Grognak's Axe and he'll become the :black101: smilie.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Bleeding shotguns are broken. I killed the mirelurk queen in 1 hit.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Speedball posted:

Mama Murphy says that once, when she was younger, she killed a deathclaw with a single pipe gun bullet. I like to think she was extremely high on Jet at the time, so the time slowing effect plus her future vision abilities let her know exactly where to shoot it to kill it.

I like to think she was extremely high on jet at the time and it was actually a gecko she shot.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Entropic posted:

I like to think she was extremely high on jet at the time and it was actually a gecko she shot.
Kind of a bad way to go, spend 5 years stumbling across the Midwest just to get shot in the eyes by the third weakest bullet in the series

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I like the super sledge because its perfectly positioned to be blocking the face of every single person you enter the dialogue camera with :bethesda:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Heads-up that the 1.2 patch went live a little while ago for PC, and may disable some mods. (I haven't tried it; have to wait until tonight to download the patch. It's about 230MB.) It won't be live on XB1 or PS4 until the end of the week or the beginning of the next.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
How nice, today's update stopped a bunch of mods from working. More specifically, the new updated launcher will uncheck all plugin files in NMM upon starting the game. This can be circumvented with Fallout 4 Script Extender so it isn't a big problem... or at least it wouldn't be, if I had noticed the whole thing before playing for a bit, thus overwriting all my auto- and quicksaves. As in, the saves where the Homemaker mod was still working. As in, the mod that introduces all kinds of new furniture and poo poo, like containers I'd used to store a lot of my stuff. :suicide:

loving hell Bethesda.

EDIT: Lol beaten.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

evilmiera posted:

All my settlers randomly get unassigned from my various stations, they start losing settlers from places like Sanctuary Hills, and stop producing goods.
This has been happening to me since like, level 4

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I have 12 industrial water purifiers at Sanctuary. I was hoping to pick up some sweet water loot, but there was only 5 in my workstation. I checked, and they are all still functional.

I have been on a settlement tear. Its possible my linked settlements are drinking the surplus, but I suspect that if I do the math I should still be a few hundred water over my total number of settlers.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Nordick posted:

How nice, today's update stopped a bunch of mods from working. More specifically, the new updated launcher will uncheck all plugin files in NMM upon starting the game. This can be circumvented with Fallout 4 Script Extender so it isn't a big problem... or at least it wouldn't be, if I had noticed the whole thing before playing for a bit, thus overwriting all my auto- and quicksaves. As in, the saves where the Homemaker mod was still working. As in, the mod that introduces all kinds of new furniture and poo poo, like containers I'd used to store a lot of my stuff. :suicide:

loving hell Bethesda.

EDIT: Lol beaten.

Generally on things like this don't expect mod stuff to be totally stable until the mod tools come out. If they are going to change stuff that breaks mods now is their best chance.

I mean sometimes regular patches break mods too but pre-mod tools expect them to potentially always break stuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love how the link they have for the patch notes doesn't work. The Bethesda forums seem down.

The only mods I'm using right now are the lower AP on the jet patch, easier lockpicking and more power from generators, hopefully none of those will be broken.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Besesoth posted:

If you didn't put it in the actual Workbench, one of your settlers might have wandered off with it.

I did find it on one of my companions, could've sworn I hadn't put it in their inventory, just the workbench one, but I must've been mistaken.

The patch hasn't fixed the bug loving up my lighting and making that weird blurry effect happen, nor any of my other bugs so far. Still have a quest I can't finish because the questgiver is dead, Marowski still doesn't give a poo poo I haven't paid him back his money. But it might've fixed a teensy bit of settlement issues, maybe? At least all my settlements aren't stuck at 80 percent satisfaction anymore.

Edit: Speaking of 80, just hit that level. Hello full SPECIAL stats!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Generally on things like this don't expect mod stuff to be totally stable until the mod tools come out. If they are going to change stuff that breaks mods now is their best chance.

I mean sometimes regular patches break mods too but pre-mod tools expect them to potentially always break stuff.

You're right and I should know better, having been modding Bethesda games since Morrowind. It's not even the stuff I lost (mostly just random guns) that annoys me as much as having to refurnish a bunch of places because I'm a decorator sperg.

twistedmentat posted:

I love how the link they have for the patch notes doesn't work. The Bethesda forums seem down.

The only mods I'm using right now are the lower AP on the jet patch, easier lockpicking and more power from generators, hopefully none of those will be broken.
I haven't found anything to be broken after I got them up and running again. It's just that the launcher deactivates plugins until you jump through a little hoop to get around that. Running the game with Homemaker deactivated made all the stuff from it disappear, and I only noticed after I had already overwritten all my saves, so bye bye to that stuff.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
My char has all the Heavy Combat Armor except for the right arm, which makes her look silly. Somehow this seems like the rarest armor in the game. Where could I find more of it at, specifically, the Heavy Right Arm?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Avocados posted:

My char has all the Heavy Combat Armor except for the right arm, which makes her look silly. Somehow this seems like the rarest armor in the game. Where could I find more of it at, specifically, the Heavy Right Arm?

Did you just loot Baker too? :v:

Thank loving christ he spent all his fatman ammo on shooting invading super mutants instead of me

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Yep! I even went back to make sure I didn't forget an armor piece.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
Well, I guess I'll run unmodded for a while. Doing the workaround stuff is too much of a hassle.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

This game's sidequests are so lovely. I hope Obsidian makes a spinoff. I loved most of the quests in NV.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Silver Shadow disapproves of your post

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I have a metal box with about 40 legendary armors, but got tired if wearing a clown suit of mismatched armor just for some pretty minor legendary bonuses. I used player.additem until I had a full set of heavy of the flavor of my choice and threw it on the ground and used amod to add the effects I wanted.

There's a mod for crafting legendary effects now, including one where you can remove mods to add them to a new item. It's expensive enough to be slightly balanced, but I still don't want to make weapons with it. It would take the fun out of killing legendary mobs if I never needed whatever item they drop.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

do i need to bother securing all these random little villages. i don't really give a gently caress but i don't want everyone to die. also how do i know if my companion's affinity is maxed

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Davincie posted:

do i need to bother securing all these random little villages. i don't really give a gently caress but i don't want everyone to die. also how do i know if my companion's affinity is maxed

You don't need to worry about it. You'll get a message that "so and so idolizes you" when you hit max, and they'll stop you to chat about how great you are and give you their perk.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Davincie posted:

you can ignore everything about settlements they have no impact on the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Sorus posted:

Well, I guess I'll run unmodded for a while. Doing the workaround stuff is too much of a hassle.

You really only have to re-enable your plugins and run the game through the script extender .exe instead of the launcher and that's it. Not really a hassle at all.

• Locked thread