Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Necc0 posted:

She looks cute imo

Cute, and willing to drill your rear end like a Texan on an oil rig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

she's cute in a couplke of the pics but the rest she does that "i'm poly agender tumblr" thing where they go out of their way to make themselves incredibly unattractive

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The new website is dogshit - I can't even tell if someone was last online yesterday or 4 years ago now.

Can you view login dates/times with A-list?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Please eat booty

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

The new website is dogshit - I can't even tell if someone was last online yesterday or 4 years ago now.

Can you view login dates/times with A-list?

i think you can only see it on the app now.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

she's cute in a couplke of the pics but the rest she does that "i'm poly agender tumblr" thing where they go out of their way to make themselves incredibly unattractive

"relationship anarchist":lol:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

MrYenko posted:

Cute, and willing to drill your rear end like a Texan on an oil rig.

Someone give this woman my phone # please

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think you can only see it on the app now.

Mouse over the dot next to their username.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

http://pastebin.com/DHRrab0s

most of her pics are with different goony as hell looking dudes.

A+ read.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

http://pastebin.com/DHRrab0s

most of her pics are with different goony as hell looking dudes.

Would disappoint her with my not 8 inch dong

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

CuRvY G0oNeTTe posted:

I did not want to online date but I signed up for OkCupid because of a single profile that caught my eye. He messaged me back and now I'll be deleting my profile.

His message to me was:

You gentleman need to learn how to send better messages.

The very first sentence of any work of prose is perhaps the most important. I'm reminded of my 12th Grade English class: my teacher had us read the very first line of Much Ado About Nothing over and over, pointing out more and more things about just that one sentence that set the stage for that scene, that act, the entire play, the theme of the play, the motifs that would be addressed in the play, and everything else. Lets apply that here.

On the surface, we have the basics: you just moved to Arlington, Virginia to get your masters degree, and you want to know how we're doing. The reader is left with a lot of questions, here, and none of them are particularly interesting. Where did you move from. What are you getting your masters degree in. How recently is 'just.' None of these thoughts are particularly stimulating or inviting, and the 'sup' really makes me not want to have to fish around for an equally generic response.

The sentence is a fragment. This implies incompleteness. Charles Dickens, at the beginning of Bleak House, uses fragments to address the shattered and incomplete nature of the cases at Chancery Court, further evoking the confusing motif with the use of fog. Here, it evokes an incompleteness about you. Perhaps it's an insecurity? A loneliness? Those would be likely, given that you're A) still in school, and B) a recent transplant to a new town. What is missing here is any sort of enthusiasm or interest or wonder about your new life. Again, the second level reveals a deep boredom inherent in your personality.

This section is called a "self summary." You have an opportunity to tell us, the world at large, the women you're trying to slide in to, about who you are as a person in a few brief sentences. This is usually a pretty difficult task, but a lot of people manage to do it. According to this, your self-summary, you are (and I'm being very generous here): A) Nomadic B) A student C) Interested in how I'm doing. That is you. I notice in the comments section here that you claim to be "sarcastic and silly." I'm not seeing any of that. I'm seeing a person who is so devoid of any kind of creativity about himself, the person he spends the most time with in the world, that his attempt to summarize who he is as a person is reduced to straight clinical facts about the last few months of his life.

What are you looking to get from this profile? Presumably you'd like to meet a woman to whom you are attracted. There is a long and storied history of romance, seduction, intrigue and raw sexuality in your genetic line alone. Your ancestors ranged from the most boring of lovers, ones who died childless and alone, to brazen lotharios with progeny ranging across international borders. The successful people in your gene pool likely had an acute understanding of first impressions. Since this is the internet, you have a very unique chance to sculpt your first impression in a way that can make or break you. I'll be honest, you're not the best looking guy in the world but your picture probably warrants at least a few lines of text read for people looking at your profile, so your first line here is the money. It's THE money. You can't have a certain stance or a way of dress or a suave voice on the internet or that perfect look as you walk over on the internet. You have a first line of your profile.

How many people in Arlington, VA are pursuing a masters degree? You could be any one of them.
don't reregister

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shumagorath posted:

Mouse over the dot next to their username.

Good looks

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Isn't curvy goonette a dude anyway?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
drat she looks like she is in her mid to late 30s on her 22nd birthday. I guess pegging dudes takes years off your life.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

vyst posted:

Would disappoint her with my not 8 inch dong

i think you misunderstood which of them was "receiving" that 8 inch dong.

in their bunghole.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I just realized that guy's smoking an e-cig, isn't he?

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Marketing New Brain posted:

I guess pegging dudes takes years off your life.

I thought Pegging was when you get home from work, and your wife takes all the money out of your wallet and goes shopping?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Zombie Guy posted:

I thought Pegging was when you get home from work, and your wife takes all the money out of your wallet and goes shopping?

Man, the opening credits from The Jetsons were more explicit than I'd realized

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

loquacius posted:

Man, the opening credits from The Jetsons were more explicit than I'd realized

*watching the opening credits of Married With Children and Al Bundy hands a 20 dollar bill to his wife* Haha Peg'd again!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Okay.. So lets filter the Fishes that can't handle this shark...
I am a very emotionally driven woman. I love deep, laugh hard and get hurt easily. If you're with me and are committed I will be the most loyal and caring person you've ever met. I'm not superficial and don't required a lot of flattery in the form of gifts. But I am needy when it comes to physical affections. I love hand holding and cuddling and walking side by side with your arm wrapped around me. I hate talking on the phone but love getting aa text or many every day. Another negative of me... I do consider myself to be the female version of Shallow Hal.. I have really bad habit of judging people by there appearances. And if there is not an initial physical attraction I don't uaualy message them... I'm a hypocrite I know.
I do have an infant daughter. She will be 1 soon and she does come first. So if I can't find child care I would hope a man who is interested would understand why I cannot meet at that current time. I have met people online in person before and am willing to do so again but it takes me.a.minute.to become comfortable with people. So I hope you have a bit of patience.
I promise there are good things about me.. But I directed this section more towards filtering the ones who don't want to deal with a woman who puts it all out there.. So if you're still interested in getting to know me.. Please feel free to message me.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

tbh the biggest turn off here is using a reference to an awful 15-year-old jack black romantic comedy to explain a fairly normal human response of wanting to date attractive peeps.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm also a big fan of this metaphor

quote:

lets filter the Fishes that can't handle this shark...

I mean of course it has the underlying attitude of "if we don't get along it is of course your fault because you Can't Handle me, and if you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best, sorry not sorry lol" but that's nothing new. The fish/shark metaphor just adds an additional layer of creepy to it. Because the implication is that if you stay away from the metaphorical shark, you are lesser and worthy of judgment because you Can't Handle being around a metaphorical predator who wants to metaphorically murder you. There's an impressive lack of self-awareness there if nothing else.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

call me old fashioned but i like the paradigm of dating where you put your best self forward and agree to go along with the polite social fiction that you're both completely well-adjusted, self-actualized human beings and only slowly find out all the ways you're both fundamentally broken people months down the road.

the first few dates are like job interviews. you tell them you're a self-motivated multitasker and know all the applications real good, then wait till you're hired on to mess around posting on the something awful dot com forums

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I want my relationships to be like looking in a mirror: I am a 2/10 and you are a 10/2

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Otisburg posted:

call me old fashioned but i like the paradigm of dating where you put your best self forward and agree to go along with the polite social fiction that you're both completely well-adjusted, self-actualized human beings and only slowly find out all the ways you're both fundamentally broken people months down the road.

the first few dates are like job interviews. you tell them you're a self-motivated multitasker and know all the applications real good, then wait till you're hired on to mess around posting on the something awful dot com forums
Much as I appreciate where you're coming from, nah. Rather burn out fast so I can go try someone else who thinks my bullshit is charming.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Otisburg posted:

Same. Listen I know I'm poo poo, and you're poo poo, and we will be poo poo together, but let's just pretend for a little while. I can't date with both eyes open, that would be such a downer.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

:3: IDK what's supposed to be "wrong" with this one, she's cute and chill/funny/upbeat enough to have a decent quip about being wheelchair-bound.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

She's cool

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Wet it up

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Idgi she seems cute and cool? Also charge your loving phone Jesus :prepop:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Built like a traffic cone, that one.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

MrYenko posted:

Built like a traffic cone, that one.

she looks like a squidbillies character

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Captain Yossarian posted:

Idgi she seems cute and cool? Also charge your loving phone Jesus :prepop:

It doesn't need charging til the phone shuts itself down :unsmigghh:

But really she is a qt

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
she looks like an alien wearing a mask, op

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'd take her for a spin

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
wtf kind of name is kayleen

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It only really works in my head if the voice saying it has a Southern accent

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

YeahTubaMike posted:

post ur given name so we can sit in judgement as to whether it is better or worse as a name than "kayleen."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

YeahTubaMike posted:

It's a perfectly cromulent name.

• Locked thread