Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Also, from that particular run of deathwish Dockyard: Dragan needs help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

Also, from that particular run of deathwish Dockyard: Dragan needs help

That was the most hosed up heist and I still have no idea what was going wrong but it was hilarious. :allears:

E: For those not there, DW Dockyard went super screwy. This included such hilarity as:
- Only the host could restart the hack or switch power boxes back on consistently; the rest of us randomly could or couldn't flip switches
- Using up doc/ammo bag charges without getting the benefit, but other times they would work just fine
- Eternal smoke grenades
- The bipod bug affecting someone using shotguns
- Being unable to place drills on the containers because reasons
- Capping off by, while 20+ minutes in and nowhere near any cops, I got cuffed. And cuffed again. And again. About every half-second after being uncuffed.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 6, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
New Twitch lines. Maximum New Yawhk.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

SPAWKS A GONNA FLY FROM MY CHASS-IS DREAGGIN ON DA GROUND

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://youtu.be/tamGS2v0WMk

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
On white xmas I saw a guy send the bags by zip line. I can't figure out how to do it. I'm on console and tried every button combo I can think of. Is there some kind of prompt?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Jiro bids a farewell to arms

swims posted:

On white xmas I saw a guy send the bags by zip line. I can't figure out how to do it. I'm on console and tried every button combo I can think of. Is there some kind of prompt?

unless they changed it you can't, he's cheating.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Anybody got a decent akimbo build they don't mind sharing?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Klaus88 posted:

Anybody got a decent akimbo build they don't mind sharing?

Here's something for 0 infamy. You can optimize it somewhat with some infamies. Grinder perk deck is ideal, but rogue works too. Haven't played enough with Ex-Presidents to know how that would do, but it could be okay as well.

Main points are Swan Song aced, Gunslinger aced, Inspire Aced and Equilibrium and Leadership basic. Akimbo basic is enough, no need to ace it.

Consider getting Sneaky Bastard basic/aced if you have the points and think you could use some extra dodge. In that case dropping Thick Skin aced might be prudent because you won't need LBV then. You might also want to take Underdog/Die Hard/Stun Resistance from Enforcer and maybe drop Cleaner and Chameleon from ghost if that works better for you. Those are just my pet skills and this build is just to show how to make akimbos work on a basic level.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Dec 7, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Ex-presidents is Budget Grinder: it's for people who don't want to buy Sokol but do want some of that sweet grinder action. It's not as good, it's even more vulnerable to Grinder's biggest weakness on Deathwish (getting chain downed) and it doesn't have Patrick Swayze.

all in all, it was worth what I paid for it.

I would reconsider ex-presidents if they didn't make it so any health regen drains your entire stored health battery. If I take 5 hp damage but I have 200 hp banked, well, all 200 is drained to restore that 5 hp. If, instead, I had 5 hp damage and 5 hp removed from the battery, that would most likely be overpowered as hell, but as it stands if you have Grinder, there's no reason to use Ex-Presidents so....who cares?

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Dec 7, 2015

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Now that they're adding a ton of lines for everyone else, do you think they'll ever recast Wolf? No doubt if they carry the character over to 3, then they'll get a new actor.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I used the Predator 12g with 000.

I liked it.

I'm scared :ohdear:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
I actually think Ex-Presidents is better than I originally thought. I agree that it is not as good as Grinder, especially as far as ease of use goes, and it is vulnerable on DW after getting downed. However, I think it holds a substantial amount of potential for people willing to learn how to play it.

The main hangup is definitely how you lose your whole health battery to heal any amount of damage. I think this mechanic actually ends up nudging you to play the perk deck the "right" way, though. When you lose your armor, you shouldn't duck back into cover immediately. Stand out in the fire and soak up damage that is about equal to the size of your battery, and kill as many cops as you can in that time. Why? Well, because health regeneration is tied to armor regeneration, and killing cops makes your armor regenerate faster, if you kill enough cops after your armor breaks, you will regenerate all your health and armor practically instantly the moment you step into cover. That's fairly impressive, I think.

Consider also that you can achieve pretty respectable dodge values in an LBV while doing this. I think a gimmick FugiTech might be an interesting approach to the perk deck.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Can you still have any Dodge chance from perks/decks when wearing an ICTV, or does it completely override?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Alereon posted:

Can you still have any Dodge chance from perks/decks when wearing an ICTV, or does it completely override?

ICTV is, like, -50 or -60, so it just wipes that poo poo out entirely, I think.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Complete override by way of it starting at -50

e:f;b

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The heaviest thing you can realistically expect to dodge in is an LBV, so yeah. Suit is best for a lot of reasons including the math behind how dodge is calculated.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Getting close to my first level 100 and I'm mostly specced into enforcer (ICTV/Ammo/Tank sort of spec) and Tech (Bulletproof/drills). Which Infamy perk would be better to grab once I reset?

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Tai posted:

Getting close to my first level 100 and I'm mostly specced into enforcer (ICTV/Ammo/Tank sort of spec) and Tech (Bulletproof/drills). Which Infamy perk would be better to grab once I reset?

I would personally get Tech first - mostly because there's a lot of dead space in that tree, and the less filler you have to take the better. (That said you don't actually get access to the skill tree reducing infamies until 2, so if it's your first you aren't to that point yet.)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

If you're committed to techforcer you can do either and it'll help a lot, but Enforcer is probably your best bet. It's got relevant skills for almost every build type in the game.

Technician is a real points wasteland though so being able to go up that tree with fewer points will help you for sure, but in the future if you decide to drop one of those two trees it's gonna be technician first and enforcer never, so...

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Tai posted:

First infamy doesn't get you any perk point reductions, that's only 2-5. That said, Enforcer should honestly be the last perk you get. If you're using shotguns there are no wasted points in getting to ICTV, and the bad skills in Enforcer are generally better than the bad skills in, say, Fugitive. My first perk point went in Ghost since I always take Shinobi, but if you like Inspire there's a good argument for putting your first point in Mastermind.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I used the Predator 12g with 000.

I liked it.

I'm scared :ohdear:

000 is great these days. Load it up.

Also, when is someone going to release an updated barrel extension hider mod? I need my beautiful, yet stat-efficient guns.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 7, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
5 new secret achievements- we wish you a merry christmas, or something to that effect. Scuttlebutt says 1) this is set to release this week and 2) how dare you loving overskrull, I bet it's paid DLC and there's going to be an Xmas Safe and drill.

The Commando Crew achievement is bugged such that you have a lot more latitude on time than the description would indicate- I'm not sure of the details.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 7, 2015

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I stealthed Big Oil day one with just melee yesterday, so that was neat. The Buzzer makes it a lot more feasible then without though.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Akimbo builds, here's my current mix at Infamy 2. I'm still trying to decide between Rogue or Grinder though. With Rogue I get amazing Dodge numbers, but Grinder does let me heal up incredibly often. It just feels like with Rogue I'm always half a second from dying, health-wise.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Dec 7, 2015

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Plan Z posted:

000 is great these days. Load it up.

I really love the look of the predator, I feel like it is a solid weapon now. Gotta play around with it more. Reload and fire rate is pretty amazing on it.

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.

Discendo Vox posted:

5 new secret achievements- we wish you a merry christmas, or something to that effect. Scuttlebutt says 1) this is set to release this week and 2) how dare you loving overskrull, I bet it's paid DLC and there's going to be an Xmas Safe and drill.

The Commando Crew achievement is bugged such that you have a lot more latitude on time than the description would indicate- I'm not sure of the details.

Pubbies are going to have to keep whining, it's still free, just like it's always been!

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Shame on you if you thought otherwise!

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Goredema posted:

Speaking of Akimbo builds, here's my current mix at Infamy 2. I'm still trying to decide between Rogue or Grinder though. With Rogue I get amazing Dodge numbers, but Grinder does let me heal up incredibly often. It just feels like with Rogue I'm always half a second from dying, health-wise.

If you mixed up your weapon specs a bit you could lose the aced from sneaky bastard and low blow and use those points for other things. Inspire aced is crazy good and never not take it if you invest that much in mastermind.

I'd say lose the extended mags (you have fast reloads anyway) and change the red dot sight on Crosskill to marksman sight at least. Maybe also change the suppressor on crosskill to something less massive or lose it completely since you have no ghost skills to back it up. If you're sneaking you can just bring some baby weapon with small suppressor since damage don't matter on stealth, and even if things go loud you have your akimbos to carry you.

Edit: the max detection you can have with no loss to sneak crit bonus on basic level is 5. That is perfectly doable with akimbo build with no real loss on performance. The max detection you can have with aced is 25 and you really have to struggle to get your pistols to have even 20 detection rate so that's a bit of an overkill.

Edit 2: Take swan song aced holy poo poo what is wrong with you

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 7, 2015

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Goredema posted:

On Overkill Grinder is straight up better, you don't even need to take cover if you're killing cops fast enough. On DW it's more of a tradeoff, Rogue could be better if you're bringing First Aid Kits to top off and use cover properly but I still prefer the regen of Grinder overall.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
I used a Rogue akimbo build for so long and only semi-recently switched to Grinder. Grinder is so much better, even as a dodge build. Inspire aced and Bullseye/Sneaky Bastard/Low Blow/Akimbo basic. Rogue has higher dodge but the lack of health regen and lowest possible health/armor are just a pain in the rear end on DW (snipers will 1-shot you unless you are at full health). Grinder's 40% health boost is really nice and means the only cop that can instakill you out of nowhere is everyone's favorite Saigadozer. Rogue is really only better at rolling the dice and sprinting through an entire assault wave, and since the 5% nerf that really hasn't worked out for me.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Regenerating health is just absurdly useful. Health used to be a coveted resource, and it's no wonder DW used to be considered incredibly difficult: after one down, you were basically resigned to playing at 10% health until you needed to hit the medic bag. Between FAKs, Muscle, Grinder, and Gambler, though, health is basically the new armor. For Rogues, using health as armor and topping off with FAKs makes sense, but the continued influx of ways to regenerate your health without expending resources has probably really heavily tipped the balance.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Laputanmachine posted:

If you mixed up your weapon specs a bit you could lose the aced from sneaky bastard and low blow and use those points for other things. Inspire aced is crazy good and never not take it if you invest that much in mastermind.

I'd say lose the extended mags (you have fast reloads anyway) and change the red dot sight on Crosskill to marksman sight at least. Maybe also change the suppressor on crosskill to something less massive or lose it completely since you have no ghost skills to back it up. If you're sneaking you can just bring some baby weapon with small suppressor since damage don't matter on stealth, and even if things go loud you have your akimbos to carry you.
Good points. I'll have to keep Low Blow aced or else I don't have the points to unlock the top tier, and for some weird reason Trigger Happy doesn't apply to Akimbo.

quote:

Edit 2: Take swan song aced holy poo poo what is wrong with you
And sacrifice what in its place? I played with Swan Song last go around, and it never felt as incredible as everyone seems to advertise. For the same 12 points I could ace Uppers, have a billion first aid kits, and not have to Swan Song all the time in the first place.

isndl posted:

On Overkill Grinder is straight up better, you don't even need to take cover if you're killing cops fast enough. On DW it's more of a tradeoff, Rogue could be better if you're bringing First Aid Kits to top off and use cover properly but I still prefer the regen of Grinder overall.
Yeah, I'm really enjoying Grinder right now. The ability to regen Armor and Health feels really good.

EDIT: In an attempt to not be THAT INTERNET GUY, I'll give the following build a try. And yes, I included Swan Song. :rolleyes:

Goredema fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 7, 2015

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Goredema posted:

I played with Swan Song last go around, and it never felt as incredible as everyone seems to advertise. For the same 12 points I could ace Uppers, have a billion first aid kits, and not have to Swan Song all the time in the first place.

With swan song aced you get 9 seconds of invincibility (barring cloaker kicks) and infinite ammo. If there's a taser around, it can tase you and reset your swan song timer so you can get even more time staggering around murdering everything. It's a fun way to clean up a room fast with the cost of one down.

Also swan song + inspire is a very powerful anti-wipe tool. Say two saigadozers surprise your crew on dw and mow everyone down. You go to swan song, melt the dozers and all the other cops around, shout everyone else up and then they help you up when you go down.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Goredema posted:

And sacrifice what in its place? I played with Swan Song last go around, and it never felt as incredible as everyone seems to advertise. For the same 12 points I could ace Uppers, have a billion first aid kits, and not have to Swan Song all the time in the first place.

If Ace Inspire is the single most powerful skill in the game, Ace Swan Song might be the second. You can use it defensively to prevent wipes, offensively to clear rooms, or sometimes just straight up not go down because the game decided you get to live with zero hitpoints (you're gonna want to find some healing real fast though). With some attention to weapon selection (HE Judge is popular) it's super flexible.

Besides, what are you going to be doing with all those FAKs if you're using Grinder anyways? Bring a doctor or ammo bag instead.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

In what world am I using Grinder and still falling enough to justify Swan Song

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Nehru the Damaja posted:

In what world am I using ICTV and still falling enough to justify Swan Song

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Nehru the Damaja posted:

In what world am I using Grinder and still falling enough to justify Swan Song

I take it you don't go in for difficulties above Very Hard

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Didn't someone come up with a build based around Swan Song Aced that let you keep your infinite ammo going as long as you were clicking cops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got my Deathwish skull right after the Bomb Heists.