Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Fix posted:

Hello gentlegoons. Selling some Nids over here. Probably another army or two as well.

You know the game is in a sad state when even Fix is selling off stuff :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

ghetto wormhole posted:

You know the game is in a sad state when even Fix is selling off stuff :(

Aw, I sold most of my armies a year ago. I've still got my Guard and two space marine armies and orks and grey knights and Eldar. I was just never a Nid guy, but picked this one up from a buddy.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm fantasizing about expanding to a second space marine chapter. Do I go Blood Angels or Black Templars?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Star Man posted:

I'm fantasizing about expanding to a second space marine chapter. Do I go Blood Angels or Black Templars?
Salamanders and Black Templars would make for a cool combo. Faith and fire and all that.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Technowolf posted:

Did they ever update the Blood Angels 'dex to include the improvements from the Space Marine/Dark Angels

A ha, a ha ha ha, a Ha HA ha, Ha HA HAH, hA Hah *Insane laughter slowly turns into ragged sobbing*

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
adventures in ebay: bought a firestorm redoubt

got everything but the base to one of the icarus lascannons

:suicide:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

adventures in ebay: bought a firestorm redoubt

got everything but the base to one of the icarus lascannons

:suicide:

What do those look like again? I might have one laying about.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fix posted:

What do those look like again? I might have one laying about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exy3_x30mWA @ 3:20

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
actually I might as well call GW; I didn't realize they took it off the sprue for shipping themselves

e: but if you have one...

e2: GW said they'd send one; I'll just have to wait and see

WhiskeyJuvenile fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 7, 2015

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, I don't have one of those anyway.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

SRM posted:

Salamanders and Black Templars would make for a cool combo. Faith and fire and all that.

It's gonna be blood and fire or fire and death. But no blood, fire, death.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SRM posted:

So.... Sisters?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

LordAba posted:

So.... Sisters?

He also wants to win once in a while.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
how long have whirlwinds been out of stock?

Can't seem to find any anywhere

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Lost the chance of getting a Mars Pattern Leman Russ hull as a command tank by getting sniped at the last second. :arghfist::sigh:
Back to bidding for random bitz then I guess.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DJ Dizzy posted:

He also wants to win once in a while.

If you want to get great with marines, get good with sisters.

Though I think marines are now cheaper? And they have deepstriking tricks? And bikes and grav weapons centurions with invisible Tigurius?

Like the WMBA, it is all about the fundamentals.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Sisters are a terrible army, aren't they? :(

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Star Man posted:

They are.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Star Man posted:

I don't know. Sisters/GK+Inq seems pretty useful.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cooked Auto posted:

Lost the chance of getting a Mars Pattern Leman Russ hull as a command tank by getting sniped at the last second. :arghfist::sigh:
Back to bidding for random bitz then I guess.

I bought a Stygies Vanquisher turret and Mars hull from Forgeworld very shortly before they stopped selling both of them. It makes a loving badass command tank. They have so many cool things they've stopped making, it really sucks.

China might still be making them though :china:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Anybody have a spare drop pod console? It's that round dome thing that goes in the middle of the harness assembly. I'm looking to use one for a dreadnought conversion.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Dec 8, 2015

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

ghetto wormhole posted:

I bought a Stygies Vanquisher turret and Mars hull from Forgeworld very shortly before they stopped selling both of them. It makes a loving badass command tank. They have so many cool things they've stopped making, it really sucks.

China might still be making them though :china:

I still have a Gryphonne IV Vanquisher turret or a Demolosher waiting to get a body aside from the crapRuss that I've got still soaking. In this case it was just the hull and no turret.

Also you sure about that because I can find the Stygies Vanquisher turret on FW still. Although I think they've stopped making the Gryphonne turret. Now the Mars pattern hull is sort of the same but that's only the Krieg one that's available, and even then its usually a complete kit or such.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Cooked Auto posted:

I still have a Gryphonne IV Vanquisher turret or a Demolosher waiting to get a body aside from the crapRuss that I've got still soaking. In this case it was just the hull and no turret.

Also you sure about that because I can find the Stygies Vanquisher turret on FW still. Although I think they've stopped making the Gryphonne turret. Now the Mars pattern hull is sort of the same but that's only the Krieg one that's available, and even then its usually a complete kit or such.

Oh my bad you're right they do still make the Stygies turret. They used to have Mars hulls by themselves until a year or two ago though.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Pity they got rid of those.

Also I got my second Bitz order today where I discovered two things:
1. Apparently some Marine back torsos come with studs instead of holes now.
2. I accidentally ordered a pair of Deathwing terminator legs for my normal marines. :doh:

Luckily a friend's package of marine bitz solved the first problem. Sadly a marine torso does not fit well on terminator legs.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cooked Auto posted:

r of Deathwing terminator legs for my normal marines. :doh:
Luckily a friend's package of marine bitz solved the first problem. Sadly a marine torso does not fit well on terminator legs.
That's always babby's first truescale conversion and it always looks just almost on the edge of okay enough to be acceptable for the time being. When I was in high school a friend of mine made an entire squad of dudes with Terminator legs and power armor everything else and man do they look doofy now.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah no, I tried glueing the torso onto the legs until I realised how goofy it looked and dug up a spare pair I had.

My main point of contention was that it was far too raised up so I'd have to shave off stuff of the middle or something to make it work.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cooked Auto posted:

Yeah no, I tried glueing the torso onto the legs until I realised how goofy it looked and dug up a spare pair I had.

My main point of contention was that it was far too raised up so I'd have to shave off stuff of the middle or something to make it work.

And even then it'd still look like this:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Please don't post fetish material in here.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

SRM posted:

That's always babby's first truescale conversion and it always looks just almost on the edge of okay enough to be acceptable for the time being. When I was in high school a friend of mine made an entire squad of dudes with Terminator legs and power armor everything else and man do they look doofy now.

Cooked Auto posted:

You rang?

The trick is to use the front half of the terminator torso, shave the bottom off the back half marine torso, and use terminator shoulder pads. :science:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah man those look really good. Nicely done.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Enentol posted:

You rang?

The trick is to use the front half of the terminator torso, shave the bottom off the back half marine torso, and use terminator shoulder pads. :science:

Which colour did you use to highlight the black with?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Has anyone picked up any of the advent calendar stuff from Black Library? I'm particularly curious about the Path to Glory rules, although the Megalith Altar of War mission could be interesting. Don't think the Daemon Worlds terrain guide has any mechanics in it, sadly.

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster

DJ Dizzy posted:

Which colour did you use to highlight the black with?

It's Mechanicus Standard Grey, a really excellent base colour.

That being said, I wanted something a little more subtle. Normally, when I paint black, I use Codex Grey (I think that's Dawnstone now?). It gives it a lot more "pop":

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
welp I won a bunch of cheap Tau auctions so I guess I'm doing that now

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

And even then it'd still look like this:

Pretty much this yes.

This is pretty much what happens when you don't read the more info tab for what you buy. Mostly because they were sorted into Dark Angels veterans but are apparently Deahtwing Termie Legs.

Enentol posted:

You rang?

Those look pretty boss indeed. Although that's a bit more work I want to put down right now for my Scrounged Ravens.

I might just order some Termie bitz to use the legs for something later. Right after I finish the 20-ish other marines I have to do right now. :v:

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Anybody have a spare drop pod console? It's that round dome thing that goes in the middle of the harness assembly. I'm looking to use one for a dreadnought conversion.

I have one if you can wait for it to be sent from the UK by carrier pigeon.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

LingcodKilla posted:

Please don't post fetish material in here.

More like fat shaming. As a ham with a fat primarch I am very much triggered

JackMack posted:

I have one if you can wait for it to be sent from the UK by carrier pigeon.

PM sent!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Enentol posted:

You rang?

Yeah, those look killer. There's definitely a lot more conversion work going on there, but the results are excellent.

Cooked Auto posted:

This is pretty much what happens when you don't read the more info tab for what you buy. Mostly because they were sorted into Dark Angels veterans but are apparently Deahtwing Termie Legs.
That kit also had a few Terminator weapon arms and shoulderpads too. It's basically a catchall Dark Angels sprue from a time before they were doing dedicated chapter-specific kits.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

SRM posted:

That kit also had a few Terminator weapon arms and shoulderpads too. It's basically a catchall Dark Angels sprue from a time before they were doing dedicated chapter-specific kits.

Yeah that I wasn't aware of actually. Hopefully the legs will be put into good use at some point since they're always the hardest to get hold of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

PantsOptional posted:

Has anyone picked up any of the advent calendar stuff from Black Library? I'm particularly curious about the Path to Glory rules, although the Megalith Altar of War mission could be interesting. Don't think the Daemon Worlds terrain guide has any mechanics in it, sadly.

Are they doing that again this year? I know it's a gimmick but I thought it was pretty neat way to tie in the holiday and get people back on the site each day.

Edit: So they are! Could have sworn it was through the main Games-Workshop.com site last year though.

Edit edit: Hmm, doesn't seem to be as well-rounded this year. :/ Just little stories and some Chaos-related stuff. Ah well. Maybe something interesting will come out of it like Be'lakor again.

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 8, 2015

• Locked thread