Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
It really is incredible how much better Pat is than Hans.

Also gently caress the haters I still like the Commando, especially on stages where that night vision comes into its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Demo kills the big poo poo and sometimes takes out a huge mass of zeds, that's always been their role. :shrug:

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Question for the expert demos: Do you shoot at scrakes?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I only played demo once on normal but yesterday we had two fleshpounds on Paris coming out of the tunnel so I threw down two TNT and hit them with an RPG and then there were no more fleshpounds.

Seems like a fun enough class.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

It really is incredible how much better Pat is than Hans.

Also gently caress the haters I still like the Commando, especially on stages where that night vision comes into its own.

Night vision is so annoying now that everyone has a flashlight. At least you can double tap to get to the flashlight instead, but it doesn't feel like night vision is an advantage at all.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Broose posted:

Yes. Scrakes take 3x impact damage from rockets and die in three rocket headshots. It's really easy to solo Scrakes but it costs a lot of ammo. It's safe to shoot at it to take a massive chunk out of its health while your teammates are focusing on it, though. It also will always get knocked down on the first direct head hit if you have the stumble perk at level 20.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if your team has a scrake handled don't waste rockets on it

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I want to play in the mythical group that has even a group of gorefasts handled.

Theta Zero posted:

Yes. Scrakes take 3x impact damage from rockets and die in three rocket headshots. It's really easy to solo Scrakes but it costs a lot of ammo. It's safe to shoot at it to take a massive chunk out of its health while your teammates are focusing on it, though. It also will always get knocked down on the first direct head hit if you have the stumble perk at level 20.

This sounds incredibly unrealistic to do in practice. Edit: 3 rocket headshots I mean.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Broose posted:

I want to play in the mythical group that has even a group of gorefasts handled.

considering everybody on hard is completely braindead I bet people playing normal are pretty great

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Broose posted:

Fleshpounds?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Broose posted:

Pro demo tip for scrakes: Get right in his face and shoot a rocket at close to point blank range(about the point where he'll start attacking you but you don't want him swinging at you) and the impact will knock him on his rear end allowing everyone else to dogpile him, it also allows the zerkers to proc Smash on him for another KO.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
So, that one perk that increases your damage when you do headshots. Does that mean the Gunslinger does more damage on headshots with everything, cos FPS and Hans take more damage to their chest don't they? Or does the gunslinger do more damage to their heads too? where should I be aiming guys?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I've only just remembered other games exist besides Fallout 4. Is Gunslinger good?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

As someone who suffers from mostly terrible aim I can't really say that the Gunslinger is overpowered. Its most overpowered aspect is having a skill that greatly rewards being a good player and people who can reliably maintain headshots for Rack 'Em Up are probably beasts when playing the Commando as well and will wipe the floor when Sharpshooter arrives next year, so I don't really see the problem.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Rack 'em Up actually feels like it should outright be a Commando talent instead, because the low damage/high RoF nature of Commando weapons would work as a balancing factor for it, and it would be rewarding short, controlled bursts/semi-auto fire.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Rack 'em Up actually feels like it should outright be a Commando talent instead, because the low damage/high RoF nature of Commando weapons would work as a balancing factor for it, and it would be rewarding short, controlled bursts/semi-auto fire.

Or, you know, a Sharpshooter talent. There's a lot of Gunslinger stuff that is really cool, but also completely stepping on Sharpshooters toes. What's left for that perk when the headshot and aim-down-sights focused perks are already in Gunslinger?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That would be downright amazing on Commando. Maybe as an alternative to doing 20% more damage in single fire mode, you just do Rack 'Em Up but only in single fire.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

DatonKallandor posted:

Or, you know, a Sharpshooter talent. There's a lot of Gunslinger stuff that is really cool, but also completely stepping on Sharpshooters toes. What's left for that perk when the headshot and aim-down-sights focused perks are already in Gunslinger?

Probably doing the same thing with bows and sniper rifles.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

That would be downright amazing on Commando.

So would the recoil passive that GS gets.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

QwertySanchez posted:

So, that one perk that increases your damage when you do headshots. Does that mean the Gunslinger does more damage on headshots with everything, cos FPS and Hans take more damage to their chest don't they? Or does the gunslinger do more damage to their heads too? where should I be aiming guys?

I'm finding that it's a very strange skill when considered in relation to the rest of Gunslinger. It has some real power, even if you just want to blow the whole bonus body-shotting a Fleshpound. On an M1911, starting with the full bonus and going down to no bonus across 7 shots gives you an extra 140 damage (490 damage total). For a Magnum, you gain 420 extra damage (1470 total). So there's a real benefit there if you can bank up that bonus and use it at an appropriate time. However, it just doesn't gel, I don't think, with the rest of the skills, particularly the Zed Time skills and staggering skills, which, for different reasons, probably encourage you to not necessarily try to maintain strings of headshots. Crawlers and Stalkers can also be frustrating and ruin your headshot streaks. I suspect it's probably the better skill choice, though, even if it isn't strictly consistent with the theme of Gunslinger.

In any case, you should always be trying to score headshots, as any perk. There's no reason not to do so, since it maximizes your killing potential. Even Fleshpounds can be decapitated, and "head health" is universally lower than "body health.". Only Hans (and presumably Patriarch) are immune to that.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I took Bone Breaker over Rack 'Em Up because I didn't like stressing over my combo but lately I've found myself getting into a bad habit of going AGH gently caress IT and just dumping like an idiot whenever there's more than five dudes on-screen, which is as fun as it is counterproductive. I should probably switch over so I'll have to focus more on headshots.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

DatonKallandor posted:

This is why I perceived a conflict when they first announced the weapons. It would be better if Gunslinger focused on the stuff in the later perks like staggering with rapid fire or stumbling / etc. Basically give them the limb trick shots and Sharpshooter sticks to popping heads. Unless Sharp gets crazy bonuses against upper-tier enemies I don't know how Tripwire's going to differentiate it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Am I the only one who kind of prefers single pistols instead of dual? Yeah I get one more clip of ammo, but the longer reloads seem killer. I go back and forth on whether I'd rather have the quick reloads/small mags or not, because every time I try either way, I wish I'd gone the other.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

I took Bone Breaker over Rack 'Em Up because I didn't like stressing over my combo but lately I've found myself getting into a bad habit of going AGH gently caress IT and just dumping like an idiot whenever there's more than five dudes on-screen, which is as fun as it is counterproductive. I should probably switch over so I'll have to focus more on headshots.

Rack 'em up is basically impossible to keep up consistently (penetrating bodyshots will decrease the counter even if that same bullet got a headshot), but what it's good at is making you really really good at dealing burst DPS against big zeds. Pop 'em in the head with the 9mm until your meter is full, then just dump with your big guns. It makes soloing Scrakes a breeze regardless of what difficulty you're playing on as long as you dont gently caress it up and miss too many headshots.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
The dual pistols finish reloading as soon as the first mag goes in, just animation cancel and you shave off a bunch of time.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Shumagorath posted:

This is why I perceived a conflict when they first announced the weapons. It would be better if Gunslinger focused on the stuff in the later perks like staggering with rapid fire or stumbling / etc. Basically give them the limb trick shots and Sharpshooter sticks to popping heads. Unless Sharp gets crazy bonuses against upper-tier enemies I don't know how Tripwire's going to differentiate it.

Sharpshooter will probably have high powered guns , long range, with low ammo.
basically a skrake popper from long range?

Gun slinger really isnt a big guy popper. He has the potential, but it takes skill to use him.
Its's all about play style.

You all keep talking min/max bullshit.
play what is fun.

That being said the HX25 really needs a fix. That poo poo is broken. it should pop gorefasts one hit. it doesn't. It doesn't kill anything consistently. It has to be broken.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Bloodmobile posted:

Rack 'em up is basically impossible to keep up consistently (penetrating bodyshots will decrease the counter even if that same bullet got a headshot), but what it's good at is making you really really good at dealing burst DPS against big zeds. Pop 'em in the head with the 9mm until your meter is full, then just dump with your big guns. It makes soloing Scrakes a breeze regardless of what difficulty you're playing on as long as you dont gently caress it up and miss too many headshots.

not impossible.

Gun slinger is a high skill play style.. That is what makes him so satisfying.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The only real thing I'm disappointed with in regards to KF2 is that the Martial Artist class will not allow you to Fist of the Northstar zeds

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

She Bangs the Drums posted:

not impossible.

Not literally impossible, just really pointless and counter-productive. When I first unlocked it I tried to keep capped at all times, but during later waves on higher difficulties I found out keeping it maxed means you have to waste a lot of time and effort headshotting trash that you could kill in a single bodyshot which really gimps your damage output. And I'm 99% sure each additional penetrating bodyshot will lower your counter by 1 so you can go from having a full meter to losing all of it in 1 bullet.

The payoff for a high counter is very negligible anyways, unless you're somehow in a situation where you have to make do with your 9mm or 1858 on later waves. With the big guns you're going to decapitate everything anyways, I think in a 6-man HoE it lets you decap a siren in 1 500 shot instead of 2 with a 3+ meter.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

I agree with this. I don't even think that you necessarily need to stress out over min-maxing your skills. At the end of the day, it comes down to whether or not you can effectively zip around dodging Zeds while popping heads/blowing them away with your Magnum. The benefits provided through some like Rack 'em Up are probably fairly marginal if you've got your core strategy locked down.

Bloodmobile posted:

And I'm 99% sure each additional penetrating bodyshot will lower your counter by 1 so you can go from having a full meter to losing all of it in 1 bullet.

I'm 100% sure that this is not the case. Here's a video demonstrating that I'm right. Counter is at 4. I pop a head, and the bullet continues into the Bloat's chest, staggering it. When all is said and done, the counter is at 5, which pretty clearly shows that I'm not losing a count for that body shot.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
lol @ gunslinger being high skill. Get the gently caress out of here. All its guns are hitscan, you literally aim center of screen and bam.

It's a mediocre class with no real "place" in the hierarchy that hits marginally above its weight but nowhere near enough to be an end all be all or broken. It will probably receive a slight nerf and that's that. I think it's boring to play and would rather stick with the Commando. People are just living out their power gaming fantasies with it right now because it's new and not everything has been tweaked right yet because ZOMG early access game. Get the gently caress over yourselves with GS somehow requiring skill to play.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Gunslinger is OP because the other classes don't have revolvers to spin and that means there is no reason to ever play them.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

That being said the HX25 really needs a fix. That poo poo is broken. it should pop gorefasts one hit. it doesn't.

Aim at their legs/feet :ssh:

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Dec 8, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Skoll posted:

lol @ gunslinger being high skill. Get the gently caress out of here. All its guns are hitscan, you literally aim center of screen and bam.

It's a mediocre class with no real "place" in the hierarchy that hits marginally above its weight but nowhere near enough to be an end all be all or broken. It will probably receive a slight nerf and that's that. I think it's boring to play and would rather stick with the Commando. People are just living out their power gaming fantasies with it right now because it's new and not everything has been tweaked right yet because ZOMG early access game. Get the gently caress over yourselves with GS somehow requiring skill to play.

Do you need a hug

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Opposing Farce posted:

Gunslinger is OP because the other classes don't have revolvers to spin and that means there is no reason to ever play them.

Critical, high-priority issues currently present in Killing Floor 2:

1) Holding the reload key with fully-loaded revolvers does not indefinitely spin the revolvers
2) There is no third-person animation for spinning revolvers
3) did you even playtest this??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

I'm a little disappointed that you only get cool reloads for the non-revolver pistols if your guns are empty, and extremely disappointed that the cool reloads don't involve bouncing clips off your feet.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Dec 8, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also, Skoll, it's a video game. Everything you can possibly do requires at least some basement amount of skill. I don't see how gunslinger requires and more or less skill than commando or the other standard-gun-only classes. They play virtually the same, except at present gunslinger's weapons do much more damage, which is offset somewhat by none of them being automatic and all of them having less than 20 capacity.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

ClonedPickle posted:

Critical, high-priority issues currently present in Killing Floor 2:

1) Holding the reload key with fully-loaded revolvers does not indefinitely spin the revolvers
2) There is no third-person animation for spinning revolvers
3) did you even playtest this??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Tripware U DUMASSSES

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Do you need a hug

I would like one, yes. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ropesnake
Oct 22, 2008
Can anyone confirm if they fixed Leadership giving everyong a -10% reload?