Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Shoutout to the goons keeping Squad 05U-847 alive and strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The thread title has to be Xenoblade Chronicles X: You should read my Skell fanfiction.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
The rate I'm going through Skells I'm gonna get banned from NLA soon

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I finally got my copy of the game and dipped my toes into it. It's similar yet different to Xenoblade Chronicles and as I'm getting used to it I'm liking it more.

Also the title is not gonna change anytime soon so you can stop suggesting new titles.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Does anyone have a clue if Arms companies max out at 5 or if theres some hidden thing I'm missing to rank them up even further?

Also what the hell does Factory 1.21 even produce, because I spotted like ONE weapon they make, a Raygun.
I was hoping Doc Brown/Sigma would supply me with delorian styled sweet gravity guns for my Skells.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Is there a suit and tie in this game (forerunner outfit doesn't count though it looks great on L)

Is there an eye patch in this game (makeshift gauze eye patch doesn't count)

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Zelder posted:

Is there a suit and tie in this game (forerunner outfit doesn't count though it looks great on L)

There's a school uniform that is a suit and tie. I forgot where I got it though. It was non-BLADE mission board mission I believe (i.e., the orange question mark missions).

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder if patching this with a less eye-searingly-small font is something we can really hope for. I haven't even started Ch4 yet but it's really getting to me.

That and Lin's incredibly disturbing face.

I don't dislike the faces as much as some people, but I did put some glasses on Lin. On a similar note, I will never take off my heart glasses for any reason.

Also, this water purification plant seems more trouble than it's worth...

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

There's a school uniform that is a suit and tie. I forgot where I got it though. It was non-BLADE mission board mission I believe (i.e., the orange question mark missions).

The School Blazer is from Mia's first mission, down in the Industrial District.

Just did the quest chain for the water purification plant. ...That got dark quick. And then you get a swimsuit. Because of course you do.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zelder posted:

Candid and Credible makes something between a suit and tie and schoolgirl/boy fetish wear.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I could almost swear I have a quest with something straight up called a suit for a reward sitting in my log but I'm not about to boot it back up to check.

Nondescript leader man wearing a suit doesn't have a unique model or anything so it seems like it'd be squandering resources not to have a suit available for the player.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tender Bender posted:

The thread title has to be Xenoblade Chronicles X: You should read my Skell fanfiction.

Xenoblade Chronicles X: Everybody wants to play with Dolls.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Ok, found a suit. There's one from the Booming Business quest from Regina. Looks ridiculous on women since it's open chested on them, though.

On the plus side, I got enough cosmetic gear to start rocking this look:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's really weird to me that the description for Partisan Eagle/Astral Crusader are that they have a focus on ranged attacks yet the majority of my damage dealing arts are melee....

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I loving love beams

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Thought I was being clever by letting the game idle while I wasn't playing, Miranium only ticked up once and I got barely any reward tickets.

And the music still sucks, there's like half a good song for every 5. The ambient music in Noctilum is ok.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's really weird to me that the description for Partisan Eagle/Astral Crusader are that they have a focus on ranged attacks yet the majority of my damage dealing arts are melee....

You don't know the joys of popping off shrapnel, sidewinder and whatever the knockdown one is called in a row and just immediately destroying most things. Shrapnel alone is a godsend, the amounts of appendage damage it does get really ridiculous. I'm about to master AC though, so I'll soon be leaving behind my glorious sniper rifle and trying something else. I know I could keep using the same stuff, and I probably will for particularly tough encounters, but I kinda want to get a feel for what each class plays like with their regular loadout. Dunno if my battle points are going to hold out though!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I have a few questions about this game:

1. I have Xenoblade on 3DS. I've put a few hours into it and I like it. should I finish it or skip to this one? Will Xenoblade be terrible if I come back to it after this one?

2. How much does this game scratch the rambling exploration itch? For reference I played Guild Wars 2 but only to wander around at my own pace and explore every zone.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Is there a good resource to explain what all the icons and stuff mean on the weapons and armor menu?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

You don't know the joys of popping off shrapnel, sidewinder and whatever the knockdown one is called in a row and just immediately destroying most things. Shrapnel alone is a godsend, the amounts of appendage damage it does get really ridiculous. I'm about to master AC though, so I'll soon be leaving behind my glorious sniper rifle and trying something else. I know I could keep using the same stuff, and I probably will for particularly tough encounters, but I kinda want to get a feel for what each class plays like with their regular loadout. Dunno if my battle points are going to hold out though!

They really backload the ranged stuff then. It's silly that you get a SINGLE ranged offensive art for the entire 10 levels of Partisan Eagle. I'm only level 2 Astral Crusader though.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
An astral crusader with some of the auto-attack skills can make a very conservative monster sniper rifle auto attack build for waiting for soul voices and then slamming a buff then art combo down an enemies throat either for a decent voice boost, or because your damaging ranged skills and buffs hit their second cooldown.

My biggest problem is its so slow to build TP compared to commando that I just completely forget about TP skills and overdrive.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Go-rha is a dick.

An absolute dick.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Saigyouji posted:

Ok, found a suit. There's one from the Booming Business quest from Regina. Looks ridiculous on women since it's open chested on them, though.

On the plus side, I got enough cosmetic gear to start rocking this look:

don't feel bad, it's open chested on guys too, and we don't even get the undershirt.

e: don't know why i thought she was wearing the suit in that pic.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 8, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Skells are wayyyy too loving floaty in their controls. Sure, I guess it's supposed to be realistic because ~inertia~ but it's not loving fun sliding all over the place like you're skating.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I'm on chapter 5 and sorta stuck on that lv. 22 robot enemy guarding the turret. I'm level 17. Am I just supposed to grind out a few levels? Enemies give pretty lovely experience. Does "everything" give XP in this? I haven't really been paying attention.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

enojy posted:

I'm on chapter 5 and sorta stuck on that lv. 22 robot enemy guarding the turret. I'm level 17. Am I just supposed to grind out a few levels? Enemies give pretty lovely experience. Does "everything" give XP in this? I haven't really been paying attention.

I was able to beat it after a few tries but I think there's a way to sneak around most/all the enemies in that chapter.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

don't feel bad, it's open chested on guys too, and we don't even get the undershirt.

e: don't know why i thought she was wearing the suit in that pic.

Yeah, this is what the suit looks like on women:

Anyway, I just found an unmarked sidequest. Go directly left of the Outfitter's test hangar, jump the fence, and it'll trigger a GTA Hidden Packages style collection sidequest around NLA.

Parasara
Sep 17, 2014

Next time I see that woman, I'm shooting her, and not in the knee.
Early affinity quest question regarding Lin: Do I really just have to wait for the white cometites for The Repair Job? I have mining probes on the 3 nodes in Primordia that have it but haven't gotten any yet in like 10+ hours of play and none in the like 2+ hours since I accepted the quest. If the answer is just 'wait' then im leaving my WiiU on overnight)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You get two, although the other one is only notable for toppling humanoids, which makes it annoyingly restricted.

I just got Intercept, the stun shot debuff, and it... Seems underwhelming. I'm not sure if the effect is just being resisted or if stun only lasts for a second.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Parasara posted:

Early affinity quest question regarding Lin: Do I really just have to wait for the white cometites for The Repair Job? I have mining probes on the 3 nodes in Primordia that have it but haven't gotten any yet in like 10+ hours of play and none in the like 2+ hours since I accepted the quest. If the answer is just 'wait' then im leaving my WiiU on overnight)

yes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

robot roll call posted:

I have a few questions about this game:

1. I have Xenoblade on 3DS. I've put a few hours into it and I like it. should I finish it or skip to this one? Will Xenoblade be terrible if I come back to it after this one?

2. How much does this game scratch the rambling exploration itch? For reference I played Guild Wars 2 but only to wander around at my own pace and explore every zone.

1. Hard to say, Xenoblade 3DS is very plot and character heavy and this one is extremely barebones, basically just a coat of paint over the awesome world and mechanics.

2. If you liked exploring in Guild Wars 2 you will loving love this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

im just 10 hours in at level 17 or so but I already feel like I've hit a brick wall of boorish poo poo. the next area is full of level 30ish enemies, I feel like I've explored pretty much the entirety of the first area, and the only missions really to do are to collect poo poo that I don't have much inkling of where they are. It's really uninspiring and the only thing I'm trying to do is get 15% exploration to activate the next story mission because I'm in such a state of "who gives a poo poo." The lack of any interesting characters or story is more of an issue that I thought even this early on.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

What the hell does "Increases damage in ranged combos" on the Stream Edge art description even loving mean? That it deals more damage if used after a ranged art? Something to do with soul voices I can't suss out because it's a melee attack? If used while your ranged weapon is out? What the gently caress? This game is loving obtuse.

I want to like it but it's not happening yet :(

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

What the hell does "Increases damage in ranged combos" on the Stream Edge art description even loving mean? That it deals more damage if used after a ranged art? Something to do with soul voices I can't suss out because it's a melee attack? If used while your ranged weapon is out? What the gently caress? This game is loving obtuse.

This one

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

You get two, although the other one is only notable for toppling humanoids, which makes it annoyingly restricted.

I just got Intercept, the stun shot debuff, and it... Seems underwhelming. I'm not sure if the effect is just being resisted or if stun only lasts for a second.

I've noticed it gets resisted a fuckload.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

You got it in one. It increases damage when used after a range art. It's exactly what it says on the tin.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
You know you did a combo right if you get the big spiky numbers. Also the thing's HP usually melts right off.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

While I'm at it, the con system makes no sense. It says--when I'm level 9--that a level 34 is "easy" because it's colored purple, but a level 7 in a different area is green, and a level 11 purple straight loving murdered me. :psyduck:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I've noticed it gets resisted a fuckload.

Yeah, Intercept is pretty bad overall. The good purple art is Overwhelm. I admit I haven't actually tried other classes very far, so AC might very well be weak overall and the level of sperging I'm doing on equipment and skills would be significantly more effective on a different class, but I'm having fun. Kind of annoying that their best attack art is pretty much the first one though, Shrapnel. The major weakness of the class really is TP generation, it's so slow I gave up on using the offensive TP arts and just keep an aura on the bar for emergencies (Raijin can be a godsend for when poo poo's getting bad, just pop it and slam every art as it comes off cooldown).

I'll admit my experience may be somewhat twisted by the fact that I'm currently rocking an extremely overtuned sniper rifle. It's the level 20 crafted one, but I boosted the Ranged Attack Up skill up to X and also slotted in a Ranged Attack Up attachment, so my damage is ridiculous.

Echophonic posted:

You know you did a combo right if you get the big spiky numbers. Also the thing's HP usually melts right off.

Wait, the big spiky numbers indicate a COMBO!? :psyduck:

I thought they indicated criticals this whole time. What the hell is the critical indicator then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah, Intercept is pretty bad overall. The good purple art is Overwhelm. I admit I haven't actually tried other classes very far, so AC might very well be weak overall and the level of sperging I'm doing on equipment and skills would be significantly more effective on a different class, but I'm having fun. Kind of annoying that their best attack art is pretty much the first one though, Shrapnel. The major weakness of the class really is TP generation, it's so slow I gave up on using the offensive TP arts and just keep an aura on the bar for emergencies (Raijin can be a godsend for when poo poo's getting bad, just pop it and slam every art as it comes off cooldown).

I'll admit my experience may be somewhat twisted by the fact that I'm currently rocking an extremely overtuned sniper rifle. It's the level 20 crafted one, but I boosted the Ranged Attack Up skill up to X and also slotted in a Ranged Attack Up attachment, so my damage is ridiculous.

Wait, the big spiky numbers indicate a COMBO!? :psyduck:

I thought they indicated criticals this whole time. What the hell is the critical indicator then?

Criticals are when the numbers are larger than the rest of the numbers.

• Locked thread