Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Alexander DeLarge posted:

This is my biggest issue with the game next to the way the levels feel like Unity scenes. I can't imagine how bad PVP is going to be.

Stream dude said that they're looking to help level-out the curve for Focus/Health in R25, so hopefully that happens. Would remove one of my big complaints as well. At least thats the message I got from it.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Node posted:

I haven't been playing any of the releases because I don't want to spoil myself when the full game is released. I want to experience the whole game the first time. However, it sounds like I am missing out on a bunch of hats by doing so. Am I making a terrible mistake, Lum?

You will never have these hats!

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

iminers posted:

So two years of patches and we get what?

not worth it.

best of luck, Lum.

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 8, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Hey Lum, please make the exact game I want and I will spend millions on it. Pinky promise!

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

jabro posted:

Hey Lum, please make the exact game I want and I will spend millions on it. Pinky promise!

So do you believe this game is flawless? I'm genuinely curious about this.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Thursday Next posted:

So do you believe this game is flawless? I'm genuinely curious about this.

Never said that and it will never will be. You raised a legitimate point about the edge of zones which I completely agree with. The animations I'm not even thinking about since the game is alpha and won't be released at least a year from now. You might not agree but placeholders is a legitimate answer to that especially in regards to where they are at in development. If it's going into beta then I would be worried. The open world thing is well I knew going in that it wouldn't be open world. I have enough open world games to play.

I more taking a jab at your "I'll spend thousands dollars if you change these things" rhetoric.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

yoloer420 posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's just the Star Citizen skepticism seeping into all schemes that involve buying things for unfinished games. Macro-microtransactions don't seem like as great an idea as they were 2 years ago. Buy the game and buy a house for the game and buy a plot for that house and buy a basement for the house and then buy a $10 crapper for the house so everyone doesn't think your house is filled with poo -- you have to admit, it is an easy target. It's a funding model with mockery built in if everything doesn't go flawlessly.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Angela Christine posted:

It's just the Star Citizen skepticism seeping into all schemes that involve buying things for unfinished games. Macro-microtransactions don't seem like as great an idea as they were 2 years ago. Buy the game and buy a house for the game and buy a plot for that house and buy a basement for the house and then buy a $10 crapper for the house so everyone doesn't think your house is filled with poo -- you have to admit, it is an easy target. It's a funding model with mockery built in if everything doesn't go flawlessly.

Pretty much this.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Thursday Next posted:

not worth it.

best of luck, Lum.

I missed the original post but our Steam page says this in big bold letters before anything else:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS PRE-ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME VIA CROWD FUNDING, BUG TESTING, AND FEEDBACK. PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE IF YOU ARE ALSO PREPARED TO HANDLE PERIODIC WIPES, SERIOUS ISSUES AND INCOMPLETE CONTENT. PLEASE READ THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS PRIOR TO PURCHASE, MANY OF WHICH WARN YOU OF THE CURRENT UNFINISHED STATE OF THE GAME.

(Yes we literally tell you to read the reviews that say "this sucks" before giving us money.)

We are not in alpha (feature complete) yet much less beta (content complete). Placeholders and sucktastic content ahoy. Under construction, please wear your hard hat. If you want just to play a fun game, don't buy it yet. I have no problem saying this, I do it frequently!

re: cash shop stuff - same thing. if you don't want a $10 outhouse then don't buy a $10 outhouse. Player housing and decos and whatnot can be acquired in-game.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
I just wish they focused on gameplay first. All the content/player real estate in the world won't help if the gameplay isn't fun.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Shroud of the Real Estate Avatar

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Lum_ posted:

I missed the original post but our Steam page says this in big bold letters before anything else:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS PRE-ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME VIA CROWD FUNDING, BUG TESTING, AND FEEDBACK. PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE IF YOU ARE ALSO PREPARED TO HANDLE PERIODIC WIPES, SERIOUS ISSUES AND INCOMPLETE CONTENT. PLEASE READ THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS PRIOR TO PURCHASE, MANY OF WHICH WARN YOU OF THE CURRENT UNFINISHED STATE OF THE GAME.

(Yes we literally tell you to read the reviews that say "this sucks" before giving us money.)

We are not in alpha (feature complete) yet much less beta (content complete). Placeholders and sucktastic content ahoy. Under construction, please wear your hard hat. If you want just to play a fun game, don't buy it yet. I have no problem saying this, I do it frequently!

re: cash shop stuff - same thing. if you don't want a $10 outhouse then don't buy a $10 outhouse. Player housing and decos and whatnot can be acquired in-game.

Not even Alpha? The game is in really good shape and you haven't even considered it Alpha yet. I really look forward to the game going retail.

By the way, I would like all of those hats attached to my account please, post-haste.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Freakazoid_ posted:

Shroud of the Real Estate Avatar

Shroud of the hat collector.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What do you do with all the hats? Is there a hat rack you can put in your house to show off all your hats? Can you wear all your hats at once?

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

What do you do with all the hats? Is there a hat rack you can put in your house to show off all your hats? Can you wear all your hats at once?

Whenever I see a dev on irc I request a hat rack. No confirmation yet :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

yoloer420 posted:

Since this has a offline mode, won't we be able to just mod these in eventually?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
I want to have the hats to show off to my friends on the internet so I look like a cool guy

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Since this has a offline mode, won't we be able to just mod these in eventually?

Yeah offline. You can come online and look at mine sometimes if you want.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Was stoked to see how Ranged would play out with the cover mechanics, oh well.

Hoping you can put planter boxes indoors for agriculture. Really wanted to try it, but I only have a row lot.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So, wahts the deal with Player Owned Towns? I assume we dont have one, and I saw you can buy them? starting at $900 to $6000 wtf...

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I saw a town named Scrunt though. I figured it was Goons.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
One goon town please. Should we start a collection?

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
New email update looks pretty hype. RG never fails to get me excited for his games. I backed this game ages ago but I never do beta tests. Not my idea of fun.

People who are playing in this thread should let us know if the new patch is as cool as the email makes it sound.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
When is the final wipe and release of this poo poo show? They wipe so often I have no interest in even trying it yet.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

LumberingTroll posted:

When is the final wipe and release of this poo poo show? They wipe so often I have no interest in even trying it yet.

Two Weeks (tm)

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
There will be another wipe in approx 3 months. No idea if thats the final one or not.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Final Wipe will be at the end of July. Release will be... sometime after that.

Final Wipe and Lot Selection from Starr Long on SotA forums.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

When they do a wipe do you lose all your hats? :ohdear:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Lum, I pledged a lot, and didn't want to play the game in pre-release on purpose so I didn't spoil the full experience when it is out. MAY I PLEASE HAVE ALL THE HATS I AM 100% SERIOUS

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker

Angela Christine posted:

When they do a wipe do you lose all your hats? :ohdear:

You keep the hats you've unlocked. It seems like the hats from 24 and 25 didn't show up though. There was a patch this morning, I noticed, but I haven't logged in again since it went live yesterday afternoon.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Node posted:

MAY I PLEASE HAVE ALL THE HATS I AM 100% SERIOUS

no

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

Node posted:

Lum, I pledged a lot, and didn't want to play the game in pre-release on purpose so I didn't spoil the full experience when it is out. MAY I PLEASE HAVE ALL THE HATS I AM 100% SERIOUS

How much did you pledge?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

I feel betrayed. Are you still at those docks? I'm totally going to do a bunch of inappropriate emotes at it.

I'm just kidding, by the way.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Did Richard Garriot actually work on this game or is it kind of like every movie that Steven Spielberg has produced for the past 15 years, where they just kind of pay to attach his name to it?

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

kaempfer0080 posted:

Did Richard Garriot actually work on this game or is it kind of like every movie that Steven Spielberg has produced for the past 15 years, where they just kind of pay to attach his name to it?

This is actually Richard Garriot working with a small cash strapped team, kind of like old Origin days pre-EA. Which is what keeps the ultra nerd me hopeful for this game.

I'm reaching out in the cold night sky for that old Origin star. As I reach, my thick glasses fog up from my mouth breathing and a fart squeaks out, blown away by the blustering winter wind. "Make it like Ultima, but not the bad ones," I whisper to myself.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

sulley posted:

This is actually Richard Garriot working with a small cash strapped team, kind of like old Origin days pre-EA. Which is what keeps the ultra nerd me hopeful for this game.

I'm reaching out in the cold night sky for that old Origin star. As I reach, my thick glasses fog up from my mouth breathing and a fart squeaks out, blown away by the blustering winter wind. "Make it like Ultima, but not the bad ones," I whisper to myself.

Richard Garriott is a nerd, does nerd things, acts like a nerd, and isn't ashamed of it one bit. That is why he owns (or owned) a castle mansion with secret passages, held roleplaying dinners at his castle while having sword fights with the guests, and has gone to space. He's awesome.

DevNull
Apr 4, 2007

And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
A human being that was given to fly

I am really disappointed in this poo poo. I am not even going to call it a game, because i don't know how to win or lose. The tutorial is worse than EQ which is saying a lot. I would complain about getting a unique hat, but I have jumped in game a few times and still don't know if I have any of these hats. Figuring out how to play should not be the challenge of the game.

edit: I realized comparing you to EQ was bad because it defined a lot of UI standards. This is worse than Final Fantasy 11, which was worse because I had trouble even logging into that game.

DevNull fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 30, 2016

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

DevNull posted:

I am really disappointed in this poo poo. I am not even going to call it a game, because i don't know how to win or lose. The tutorial is worse than EQ which is saying a lot. I would complain about getting a unique hat, but I have jumped in game a few times and still don't know if I have any of these hats. Figuring out how to play should not be the challenge of the game.

edit: I realized comparing you to EQ was bad because it defined a lot of UI standards. This is worse than Final Fantasy 11, which was worse because I had trouble even logging into that game.

What don't you like about it, besides the tutorial?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

DevNull posted:

It sounds like you're bad at videogames.

• Locked thread