Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Branis posted:

Has there been any evidence the FBI has foiled one plot that they themselves didn't plan and fund?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unsuccessful_terrorist_plots_in_the_United_States_post-9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

The Iron Rose posted:

It's a wartime decision the judiciary has no place in the military chain of command.

When it comes to dropping a drone missile on US citizens? Sounds like we need some kind of Brownshirt analogy for the left... Beigesuit perhaps.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Oh yeah for sure, Islamophobia is real, strong and not our friend. But to treat this Trump thing as anything but the basest pandering, well.

Besides, it's our fault anyway.

I like that the argument is really nothing more than "no, you"

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

I guess Voldemort was just a huge pussy then?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Obama's the huge pussy or don't you watch Fox News?

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Obama's the huge pussy or don't you watch Fox News?

Nice.

But that goes without saying.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

zoux posted:

I cannot stress how much Trump's Muslim ban isn't happening, not even if he were president, so no one should be terrified.

People aren't worried about the ban actually happening so much as they are worried about the mobs of scared, angry white people being told that it's perfectly okay to bathe uninhibited in their bigotry and hatred against a minority group, and that their Muslim neighbors are an existential threat.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
What wouldn't make Obama a pussy in the eyes of Fox News? Him leading a heavy calvary march from Islamabad to Mecca, slaying all in his path?

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Lol nope, he was a magic user and thus subhuman and deserving only of death, the same as monarchs and aristocrats.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

What wouldn't make Obama a pussy in the eyes of Fox News? Him leading a heavy calvary march from Islamabad to Mecca, slaying all in his path?

I guarantee you if Obama had come out with a knife in his teeth promising the blood of all Islamists, Fox would have criticized him for overreacting or being too bellicose.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Bip Roberts posted:

I know there are left wing vax deniers but are there more than the right wing vax deniers?

It used to be heavily a leftist thing due to association with extreme fringe people of the environmentalists movement, but I don't know if it still is, since a buncha mainstream republicans have started advocating it

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

zoux posted:

I guarantee you if Obama had come out with a knife in his teeth promising the blood of all Islamists, Fox would have criticized him for overreacting or being too bellicose.

Isn't that exactly what happened when Obama proposed sending troops to intervene in the Syrian Civil War

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Radbot posted:

Do we have any evidence that this surveillance is effective, or that it does indeed need to be done to "run a nation of this size"?

When I did CT work for the WJF a couple years back when the PRISM leaks started, I remember chatting with a colleague of mine. He said to me, and this is true in my experience, that preemptive, random surveillance is almost useless as a preventative measure.

It's far more useful when we already have someone in our sights.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

TheDisreputableDog posted:

When it comes to dropping a drone missile on US citizens? Sounds like we need some kind of Brownshirt analogy for the left... Beigesuit perhaps.

Yes, the judiciary has time and again has ruled that it itself has no place in the chain of command.

You can object to drone strikes all you want, but they're not extrajudicial in the conventional sense because the judiciary quite literally has no role to play.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

zoux posted:

What if Obama recognized he was wrong at nearly every step, completely underestimated ISIS when they were forming, called them contained a month ago, said they weren't a threat here two weeks ago, and admitted that "we're going to do more of what we've been doing, trust me it's fine" is milquetoast and nobody believes it?

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Radbot posted:

So what's the smug "gotta break some eggs to make an omelette" attitude about? I fail to see how "maybe one time it worked" rises to the level of "inconvenient truth".

Smug? Nah man. I just find it odd that anyone pretends to be surprised about it. Spying and general espionage, foreign and domestic, has been going on for as long as we've been using bronze tools.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fishmech posted:

It used to be heavily a leftist thing due to association with extreme fringe people of the environmentalists movement, but I don't know if it still is, since a buncha mainstream republicans have started advocating it

But anti-vaxing has also always been a part of the John Birch type (or Alex Jones today) anti-goverment types and mark-of-the-beast fringe Christians.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

What if Obama recognized he was wrong at nearly every step, completely underestimated ISIS when they were forming, called them contained a month ago, said they weren't a threat here two weeks ago, and admitted that "we're going to do more of what we've been doing, trust me it's fine" is milquetoast and nobody believes it?

"Nobody believes it." :allears:

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

"Pussy angry black Muslim uses taxpayer money to pay for Hajj vacation"

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

What if you learned how to do a minor amount of research into those quotes and learn what context means?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I mean this is basically accurate.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
House Freedom Caucus is pushing a 6 week funding bill to push the debate into the next year, main sticking point is Syrian refugees

THE BOMBINATRIX
Jul 26, 2002

by Lowtax

This is accurate.

Also it's not like the US wants to completely crush ISIS. They've got a new boogeyman to point to that they can actually drop bombs on! It's like free money for the MIC. They never had that with the USSR/Russia.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

We bombed some folks.

Edit: don't discount the wet fart either. He wants to see if sand glows.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Dec 8, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's funny watching all the other candidates furiously repudiating and criticizing Trump while no one pays attention to them. The man knows how to dominate a media cycle, which may be the only currency that matters anymore.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Bip Roberts posted:

I know there are left wing vax deniers but are there more than the right wing vax deniers?

My understanding is that it started off as a far-left thing because CHEMICALS, but the moment centrists started suggesting the government might mandate certain vaccines it became a far-right thing because MEN WITH GUNS, a la ddees

Muscle Tracer fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 8, 2015

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You also have specific vaccines the right wing doesn't want to become prevalent like Gardasil (because sluts).

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

zoux posted:

It's funny watching all the other candidates furiously repudiating and criticizing Trump while no one pays attention to them. The man knows how to dominate a media cycle, which may be the only currency that matters anymore.

Carly Fiorina trying to ride the coattails of the marketing campaign for that Krampus movie.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

zoux posted:

What a low energy tweet

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Mitt Romney posted:

What if you learned how to do a minor amount of research into those quotes and learn what context means?

Oh also he got fired up and nasty with reporters and Christie in the wake of Paris instead of, you know, terrorists.

He's either already checked out or he's living in a bubble. San Bernadino is basically the vanguard of something bigger, and people want to know how to keep themselves safe while we patiently wait for whatever ten year plan he cooked up is coming to fruition.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Hulk Krogan posted:

Carly Fiorina trying to ride the coattails of the marketing campaign for that Krampus movie.

That seems a little self serving

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I have had a lot of vacation this month and as a result, this thread seems to be moving at light speed. I haven't heard Trump talk in forever, but whenever I read article headlines about what he's saying: I'm getting more and more of a Morton Downey Jr. vibe from him.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yeah the famous Kramp Bump.

nachos posted:

What a low energy tweet

There was a video I didn't watch attached to it as well. I wonder if Fiorina is mad that her blatant lying didn't work but Trump's is.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Muscle Tracer posted:

My understanding is that it started off as a far-left thing because CHEMICALS, but the moment centrists started suggesting the government might mandate certain vaccines it became a far-right thing because MEN WITH GUNS, a la ddees

I know a mother from college who vaccinated against schedule because she didn't want the MAN telling her what to do. We've since drifted apart and I cut her out of my social media for posting Allen West stuff.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

It isn't even an apt comparison because we already have a Voldemort in Rick Scott.

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Branis posted:

Has there been any evidence the FBI has foiled one plot that they themselves didn't plan and fund?

Would the recent shootings be FBI planned if they were arrested trying to buy fully automatic weapons from an agent?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

San Bernadino is basically the vanguard of something bigger, and people want to know how to keep themselves safe while we patiently wait for whatever ten year plan he cooked up is coming to fruition.

:lol: this is the best post you've ever made.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It's pretty clear the government has not been able to change their policies fast enough to deal with the changing strategies of terrorists.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Oh also he got fired up and nasty with reporters and Christie in the wake of Paris instead of, you know, terrorists.

He's either already checked out or he's living in a bubble. San Bernadino is basically the vanguard of something bigger, and people want to know how to keep themselves safe while we patiently wait for whatever ten year plan he cooked up is coming to fruition.

*Bernardino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

COMING TO A THEATER NEAR YOU THIS HOLIDAY SEASON

STARRING CARLY FIORINA AS

THE LUMP OF COAL IN A STOCKING

• Locked thread