Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Looks like I can download it now, and I'm in Montreal.

Ontario and no :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I went through and added people who posted codes on the past few pages for Star Wars, although some of them didn't work. I know I'm a little late to the party..

Feel free to add me: 131-545-184

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Anything like Choice of Games stuff that is better than their kinda lackluster library?

I'd also.take a King of Dragon Pass like game that runs better on a Galaxy S6. I really loved it on my iPhone but it kinda sucks on this phone.

I just want to make story choices with vague rpg elements while I poop and have it be any good. :smith:

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Captain Monkey posted:

I just want to make story choices with vague rpg elements while I poop and have it be any good. :smith:
80 Days?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Looks like I can download it now, and I'm in Montreal.

Weird, it's not showing up on google play at all for me and I'm in Toronto.

There's a lot of mobile developers in Montreal, so maybe they designed it so it is released there first?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey the Age of Empires game won't launch if your phone is rooted.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Dodoman posted:

Crap. Thanks for being the guinea pig and reporting that.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Dodoman posted:

This is the dumbest form of AP ever.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Star Wars ally code: 838-763-456

I'm in the process of adding everyone in the thread

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Tunga posted:

80 Days?

Played it a ton of times. Any other suggestions?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

tater_salad posted:

Lots of snk games on sale today.

Probably related: NeoGeo 25th Anniversary Humble Bundle.

Sadly, it doesn't look like anything mobile is part of the bundle. At least, not yet, anyway.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Magic Puzzle Quest is out as well. It has a force tutorial, at least its pretty quick. It's weird they have Sorin has the black planeswalker and not Leliana. Its weird, it kind of reminds me more of hearthstone than magic.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

twistedmentat posted:

Magic Puzzle Quest is out as well. It has a force tutorial, at least its pretty quick. It's weird they have Sorin has the black planeswalker and not Leliana. Its weird, it kind of reminds me more of hearthstone than magic.

Link? lovely search not working at the play store.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Snowmankilla posted:

Link? lovely search not working at the play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.d3p.olympic

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

JayKay posted:

Star Wars ally code: 838-763-456

I'm in the process of adding everyone in the thread

This is the kind of thing we really need a spreadsheet for, so we don't have to search through the last 10 pages looking for codes.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Soda Dungeon chat. I am on like dimensions 8, and I can't beat lvl 700 any more. I am using 4 fighters with forks and a healer, but I can't burn him down in time. What am I missing?

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Ah, I actually think, for whatever stupid reason, the Nexus 7's bluetooth and the Nexus 4's bluetooth are handled differently. I've been wanting to use my PS3 dualshock for my phone for a while now, without rooting, and so far, no luck. I'll check again, though.

EDIT: Are there any good sites that let you know when stuff on the Play store/wishlist goes on sale?

The DualShock 3 and the DualShock 4 are fairly different beasts. You can't use the DS3 on a PC without special drivers, which I'm pretty sure is true of DS3 on android (requiring a special app and root access). The DS4, on the other hand, will identify itself as a generic controller to whatever you connect it to.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

foutre posted:

It looks like most of the related titles are Vietnamese (I think??), which would actually make a lot of sense as a test market as well because they still have a huge Age of Empires II community (including active esports events, of all things). Just inexplicably really popular there.

That is wicked cool. I wonder if they use the new expanaions

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Snowmankilla posted:

Soda Dungeon chat. I am on like dimensions 8, and I can't beat lvl 700 any more. I am using 4 fighters with forks and a healer, but I can't burn him down in time. What am I missing?

Just dump some in the fighter soda relic or plus hp maybe grind until you get something better than forks.

Once you beat it once or twice you never have to do it again so it is grinding hump though, much like a stage five hundred.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Can anyone suggest a match-3 game with some substance that doesn't require Adderall to succeed like You Must Build A Boat? poo poo just moves too fast in YMBAB for me to enjoy it.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Dec 9, 2015

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

Can anyone suggest a match-3 game with some substance that doesn't require Adderall to succeed like You Must Build A Boat? poo poo just moves too fast in YMBAB for me to enjoy it.

If you like Dr Who, I suggest the Dr Who match 3 game.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The WarGames-themed thing isn't bad either. It's not technically a match-three but it's a similar kind of thing.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The two of you who complained in the past page or so about King of Dragon Pass not working on your device: email the developers! I only just bought KoDP for PC (where it totally does force my computer into 640x480 low-color mode lol), but when it came out for Android multiple goons had high praise for A-Sharp's handling of their bug reports. I think they sometimes responded within minutes or hours, and put up patches within a day or two that fixed the problems. They aren't a big huge company, so they may not even be aware that anyone is having problems.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

galahan posted:

Just dump some in the fighter soda relic or plus hp maybe grind until you get something better than forks.

Once you beat it once or twice you never have to do it again so it is grinding hump though, much like a stage five hundred.

What from where?

Viper915
Sep 18, 2005
Pokey Little Puppy

MisterBibs posted:

I really enjoyed Another Case Solved and got significant playtime out of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.anothercasesolved&hl=en

It has in-app purchases but they're easily disregarded, you can play the entire game without spending a penny. There is a mild 'energy' system but I didn't find it cumbersome, but you wouldn't be able to beat it in one sitting I guess.

Viper915 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 9, 2015

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Soda dungeon just put out a winter update with themed item drops and new VIP upgrades for permanent HP visibility (100m) and to speed up the dungeon (500m). Looks like more stuff is planned too because the wizard gives you a menu now but his other two options are just ??? for now.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

One of the themed items is a "charity bell" weapon. It has lower stats but gives a nice +20% gold boost :getin:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MisterBibs posted:

It's been somewhere in the past few pages but Gems of War is all turn based, has a lot to do and has its own thread. I'm digging it so far even in small bites but you may find that frustrating.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Gadzuko posted:

Soda dungeon just put out a winter update with themed item drops and new VIP upgrades for permanent HP visibility (100m) and to speed up the dungeon (500m). Looks like more stuff is planned too because the wizard gives you a menu now but his other two options are just ??? for now.

Ok, I wasn't sure if there were some way to unlock the wizard's extra options yet or not. I really wish I could pay for the magic clock upgrade; 500 million is a very high target when I'm getting ~1 million per run.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

hooah posted:

Ok, I wasn't sure if there were some way to unlock the wizard's extra options yet or not. I really wish I could pay for the magic clock upgrade; 500 million is a very high target when I'm getting ~1 million per run.

2 merchants, a theif and 2 healers, all wearing midas armour, carrying golden shields, those gold magents and the new items that help farm gold / items.

Start at level 1, put your phone on charge and come back 45-60mins later and you'll have 5+ million in a run.

Though that's still 100 runs like that, which is an awful lot of game time just to speed up the game time.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
How do you beat the floor 700 boss in Soda Dungeon? He scares away non-fighters, but it seems like I'd have to farm an absurd amount of essence into their artifact to have him be beatable with them.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

How do you beat the floor 700 boss in Soda Dungeon? He scares away non-fighters, but it seems like I'd have to farm an absurd amount of essence into their artifact to have him be beatable with them.

Start at 691 with 4 Fighters and a Healer, equipped with either high-DR gear or geared for max crit. 4 Fighters with ~10 levels in their relic (and decent other relics) should be able to burn him down.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Niton posted:

Start at 691 with 4 Fighters and a Healer, equipped with either high-DR gear or geared for max crit. 4 Fighters with ~10 levels in their relic (and decent other relics) should be able to burn him down.

What qualifies as high-DR gear? I have some 2-silver-star ninja suits and demon armors, and a couple hero swords and demon swords of similar level.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

What qualifies as high-DR gear? I have some 2-silver-star ninja suits and demon armors, and a couple hero swords and demon swords of similar level.

Evasion and pure damage reduction are both very good for taking some extra hits, since you might need a bit of luck your first time. Stuff like Ninja Suit, Skeletis, and Hero Sword / Kelvium. He's not actually that beefy, you just need to keep 4 people hitting him as long as possible.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Niton posted:

Evasion and pure damage reduction are both very good for taking some extra hits, since you might need a bit of luck your first time. Stuff like Ninja Suit, Skeletis, and Hero Sword / Kelvium. He's not actually that beefy, you just need to keep 4 people hitting him as long as possible.

Yeah, I got closer on this run. I hit bad luck on the last encounter before the boss though and lost one of my fighters. The strategy that had been working best for me was to have 2 DMs, one at each end of my order, and just constantly spam their magic attack to get enemies confused. Going in with 4 fighters can go OK or can have a run basically be aborted immediately, it seems like.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Or bring a merchant to cut his hp by half and punch the rest with your fighters.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Is there any non-online game that has a combat mechanic like Terra Battle? I played it for a little while and I really liked the battle system, but I hate having to be connected (stops me from being able to quickly play it while I'm out and about--mountain town = lovely service), and that it's one of those F2P games that necessitates re-rolling or grinding specific missions to get anywhere.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Google has apparently elected to give me 30 cents per day based on a visit to Lowe's last Wednesday. 3 more days of this and the reward bucks will exceed the cost of my purchase.

Not available in the US? :911:

Sono fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 9, 2015

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sono posted:

Not available in the US? :911:
Can't disrupt those precious MTGO bucks, that would make Wizards cry

I'm surprised they even sell the console games here to be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Sono posted:

Google has apparently elected to give me 30 cents per day based on a visit to Lowe's last Wednesday. 3 more days of this and the reward bucks will exceed the cost of my purchase.

I took my wife to dinner, went a bought some books, and then went to auto zone.

I made a dollar the next day in surveys. The rich get richer :smug:.