Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

zoux posted:

*thunder crack*

By far the best part of this scenario would be three person general election debates with Trump pissed at the GOP nominee for beating him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

zoux posted:

*thunder crack*

Translation: gently caress with me, Reince, and I start killing the hostages.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Chard posted:

Hey I'm a little rusty, what's the appropriate blood sacrifice in this case?

reptile, you're gonna want to anoint yourself in the blood of either a snake or a tortoise

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hey, Trump just saw a poll and tweeted about the results. Don't see what everyone is getting so worked up about :twisted:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Shifty Pony posted:

By far the best part of this scenario would be three person general election debates with Trump pissed at the GOP nominee for beating him.
God the three-person General debates would be so good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha Huckabee's only objections are logistic ones.

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

zoux posted:

*thunder crack*

inshallah

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

zoux posted:

*thunder crack*

Open the bloodgates.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

HMMMM ARE THEY BUDDIES?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

zoux posted:

"Ooh ooh I can be an even shittier person, just watch, please love me"

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yeah, and it worked out real well for black people didn't it

Just like every other politician at the time did?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wonder how far back you have to go in American history to find another example of a presidential frontrunner openly espousing rhetoric as vicious and hateful as the sort of stuff Trump is saying now. Any historical exports want to weigh in here?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

zoux posted:

HMMMM ARE THEY BUDDIES?

Watching the GOP flail around with their pathetic brand of damage control is the most entertaining goddamn thing. :allears:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

zoux posted:

HMMMM ARE THEY BUDDIES?

i couldn't believe this tweet was real

it's real though

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

I wonder how far back you have to go in American history to find another example of a presidential frontrunner openly espousing rhetoric as vicious and hateful as the sort of stuff Trump is saying now. Any historical exports want to weigh in here?

1972 off the top of my head.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

zoux posted:

because him and cruz are pieces of poo poo who would probably totally be fine with ISIS if ISIS were evengelical christians.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If it's true, it's the best deal Donald Trump has ever negotiated.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

2008, it was Obama

:republicansay:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

zoux posted:

HMMMM ARE THEY BUDDIES?

If Hillary wins and Donald comes up on stage and high five's her, the GOP will explode.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

zoux posted:

HMMMM ARE THEY BUDDIES?

"A thing that idiots on a comedy message board joke about." - An actual Presidential possibility

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

zoux posted:

1972 off the top of my head.

Nope, 1980.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan%27s_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22states%27_rights%22_speech

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Gore demonizes anti-environmentalists, 2000

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

This is what is so great about Trump. For years people like Huckabee, Cruz and Rubio have been elected to office saying the same things as Donald Trump but using obfuscation and dog whistle language. Trump just came along and said exactly what every Republican voter was thinking, and now the other candidates are caught in this weird place where they have to support and embrace his ideas while at the same time denouncing him; and I don't see it working anytime soon.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Oh, you aren't even trying now.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Good. :colbert:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

CommieGIR posted:

If Hillary wins and Donald comes up on stage and high five's her, the GOP will explode.

p.sure the whole country would explode.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Incidentally, this is the post that finally convinced me you were a troll and not a true believer, because the proper term is "climate change skeptics"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Sydin posted:

p.sure the whole country would explode.

In the pants.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

JT Jag posted:

Incidentally, this is the post that finally convinced me you were a troll and not a true believer, because the proper term is "climate change skeptics"

I always love that Gore is the go to guy for the Climate Change Denial guys.

Because nobody gives a poo poo about Gore's views, we're more interested in the NOAA/IPCC/NASA/EPA/etc.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because him and cruz are pieces of poo poo who would probably totally be fine with ISIS if ISIS were evengelical christians.

im p sure the only real diffs would be that they'd be tut tutting the "extreme" actions of "a few misguided 'so called' christians" while condemning any state in the me that took action against christian cobra as being ~totalitarian~, and instead of using the threat of TERRORISM to excuse their support for a war of imperialist conquest humanitarian intervention by allied powers they'd be claiming that the ruthless dictators of the rogue states of the middle east were repressing innocent christians in retaliation for cs' actions

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Ernie Muppari posted:

im p sure the only real diffs would be that they'd be tut tutting the "extreme" actions of "a few misguided 'so called' christians" while condemning any state in the me that took action against christian cobra as being ~totalitarian~, and instead of using the threat of TERRORISM to excuse their support for a war of imperialist conquest humanitarian intervention by allied powers they'd be claiming that the ruthless dictators of the rogue states of the middle east were repressing innocent christians in retaliation for cs' actions

So basically, they would treat it like Israel.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

I always love that Gore is the go to guy for the Climate Change Denial guys.

Because nobody gives a poo poo about Gore's views, we're more interested in the NOAA/IPCC/NASA/EPA/etc.
He raised awareness with An Inconvenient Truth, but that's really it, he's not the Climate Change Pope or anything.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

JT Jag posted:

He raised awareness with An Inconvenient Truth, but that's really it, he's not the Climate Change Pope or anything.

I think due to conservatives' love and need of a powerful leader figure, they just assume that liberals need and want that too.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

foobardog posted:

So basically, they would treat it like Israel.

yes

but possibly not the way you mean

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I would say that as far as there is a Climate Change Pope, it's Al Gore. He's by far the most recognizable figure in the environmentalism movement today.

BUT since the GOP has become a cult of rotating personalities, they assume that's how everyone is and extrapolate that we all must worship Gore as much as they worship whichever demagogue almost said the n-word this week.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

JT Jag posted:

Don't forget that he invented that filthy liberal breeding ground called the internet.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Sydin posted:

Don't forget that he invented that filthy liberal breeding ground called the internet.

There's rumors on the Internets!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sydin posted:

And he rode the mighty moon worm!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Ernie Muppari posted:

yes

but possibly not the way you mean

No I think we meant it the same way. It'd be even worse than Israel, because while the Jews are just there to rebuild the temple, a Christian State in Jerusalem means that Yeshua bin Yusef is back, and he's all out of loaves and fish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Sydin posted:

Don't forget that he invented that filthy radical Islamist breeding ground called the internet.

• Locked thread