Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

zoux posted:

Don't you understand you fools!! It's me you should be covering!! Meeeeee!!!!!!

That's our Jeb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

Local radio was trying to blame the liberals for Trump's comments somehow.

It was a hilarious damage control tail-spin about he's really a liberal and doesn't represent republicans.(Same guy has supported Trump on the air multiple times before)

my local radio guy, who is an orthodox rubio-bush style mainstreamer, wasn't doing damage control at all, he took the opportunity to go on a tirade about how the liberal PC media refuses to allow ethnic and racial profiling which is just good old common sense. he also made sure to point out that nothing Trump says can be used against the Republicans because he's not a real conservative because reasons, even though he still likes the idea of a wall and says he would vote for Trump if he were sure Trump would go through with it

remember this is the mainstream guy. trump's positions really are almost 100% uncontroversial within the base. most of the criticism is over tone and optics

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 8, 2015

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Nonsense posted:

2016 is gonna be great!

I'm curious when major news outlets are going to get their feet held to the fire for putting up worthless internet/off-the-street polls and pretending they are indicative of anything. It's misinformation for the sake of getting results as fast as possible, even if they're total bunk.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

LeeMajors posted:

It isn't that we've forgotten, it's that our collective consciousness is habituated by a sea of gun-related violence.

Everyone but gunchat had pretty much stopped talking about VT a week after the shootings, versus literally all we can talk about now is how bad Muslims are. VT was the worst mass shooting (ever?) on American soil and it was definitely forgotten about, much like the Oregon college shooting (though fewer people died there).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TwinsensRevenge posted:

I'm curious when major news outlets are going to get their feet held to the fire for putting up worthless internet polls and pretending they are indicative of anything.

Towards the bottom.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

CalmDownMate posted:

Id say no i want him to go further and wreck his party

like how hitler wrecked the dap in 1920 :v:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

TwinsensRevenge posted:

I'm curious when major news outlets are going to get their feet held to the fire for
:cawg:

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Let's cheer up

For example, the deadline for the Virginia ballot is Thursday and it appears Rubio has not filed for it yet

And Rep Dingle tweets what we are all thinking

It's not so bad

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Radbot posted:

Everyone but gunchat had pretty much stopped talking about VT a week after the shootings, versus literally all we can talk about now is how bad Muslims are. VT was the worst mass shooting (ever?) on American soil and it was definitely forgotten about.

There aren't enough hours in the day to acknowledge all of the perpetual atrocities caused by gun ownership in this country.

I think about Virginia Tech, but at any moment I have between 5 and 10 recent horrors fresh in my memory--so as I scroll back through the rolodex I never make it all the way back to 2007 because it's too mentally exhausting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So Fox and Friends had a guy on today who teaches kids how to go full Carson on active shooters.
http://mediamatters.org/embed/static/clips/2015/12/08/43667/fnc-ff-20151208-activeshooter

zoux fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 8, 2015

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

Don't you understand you fools!! It's me you should be covering!! Meeeeee!!!!!!

Shocking evidence that Donald Trump may be Tim Burton s Penguin.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

zoux posted:

So Fox and Friends had a guy on today who teaches kids how to go full Carson on active shooters.
http://mediamatters.org/embed/static/clips/2015/12/08/43667/fnc-ff-20151208-activeshooter

:ughh:

Don't hide, kids! Attack the armed man! :haw:

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

zoux posted:

Ah, so the key is to leap in FRONT of the gun. I had no idea!

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

zoux posted:

Typical FOX flying its RINO colors again. Promoting kids use themselves as weapons instead of making them proud CCW defenders? That's gun grabber talk.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
But I thought the only thing that stopped a bad guy with a gun was a good guy with a gun.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

awww

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

Yeah of that list, only the Hasan shooting would count for him.

If its Brown, then its the first Round. If its White, its someone else's Fight.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

LeeMajors posted:

:ughh:

Don't hide, kids! Attack the armed man! :haw:

"Don't worry, kids! With his magazine limited to 30 rounds, only 30 of you will die, and the rest of you will be heroes! Free iPads with pre-installed copies of Crossy Road for the survivors!"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ripoff posted:

"Don't worry, kids! With his magazine limited to 30 rounds, only 30 of you will die, and the rest of you will be heroes! Free iPads with pre-installed copies of Crossy Road for the survivors!"

Remember all of this is preferable to any kind of restrictions on gun ownership.

"We cannot sacrifice our values for safety. Now watch this drive against Muslim refugees..."

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Just a reminder that these are a real thing and a perfect example of why America sucks.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

zoux posted:

I like how in the scenario they had the blackest man pretend to be the shooter.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Radbot posted:

Just a reminder that these are a real thing and a perfect example of why America sucks.

They make great book covers though .

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

zoux posted:

I always thought the "best"(if you could take the dude down) was to hide behind the door/blind spot to the door then try to jump this shooter, then try to choke him out or bash his skull in with something heavy. not this batman krav maga poo poo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Who needs gun control when you can just create suicidal child armies?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Kiss Army?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I always thought the "best"(if you could take the dude down) was to hide behind the door/blind spot to the door then try to jump this shooter, then try to choke him out or bash his skull in with something heavy. not this batman krav maga poo poo.

Yes, hitting a guy from behind like it's a WWF run in is always better than jumping in front of an armed man. Obviously.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

zoux posted:

This was part of the demonstration of what not to do right?

RIGHT?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Children are trained to creep like the Apex Predator and hit the shooter with the RKO outta nowhere, a finisher which no man can kick out of.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

zoux posted:

Might as well teach them that thing Neo does where he holds his hands out and stops the bullets, just as effective and takes a lot less energy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MMM now this is the kind of content I live for.

quote:

Inside The Sad, Strange Family Feud That Helped Sink Rand Paul

Word of Ron’s power play traveled quickly within the Pauls’ overlapping orbits of libertarian advisers, allies, and confidantes. Everyone had their own theory as to the patriarch’s motives. Some thought Ron was jealous of his son’s meteoric rise, or resentful that he wasn’t receiving enough credit for Rand’s success. One source close to the family speculated to me that Rand had jumped the gun without getting his dad’s blessing; another said Ron didn’t trust Rand’s commitment to libertarian ideals. The most generous theory I heard was that Ron was simply trying to spare his son from rushing into the 2012 fray before he was ready.

After that, the Paulites began to notice more signs of a growing divide between Ron and Rand. One of the most jarring episodes took place inside a green room at a 2012 Republican primary debate, when Sens. Jim DeMint and Lindsey Graham approached Ron and began effusively complimenting his son: They gushed about how Rand was a joy to work with in the Senate, a real contributor, someone with whom they felt they could work productively despite their ideological differences. Finally, Ron snapped, “Well, if he’s so great, he should run for president himself.” DeMint was taken aback by the outburst and quickly shut up. But Graham didn’t seem to catch on, because he just kept spurting commendations for Rand in his courtly Southern drawl, as Ron’s face twisted into a cranky scowl.

After 2012, many in the Pauls’ concentric inner circles felt compelled to pick sides — with the more pragmatic political pros signing on with Rand, and the true-believing purists sticking with Ron. The two camps have spent much of the past three years bitterly feuding behind the scenes (and trying to knife each other in interviews for my book). But those closest to the family say Rand genuinely admires his father and is anxious to make him proud by building on his legacy. And Ron?

One senior staffer in Rand’s Senate office told me that after years of closely observing the dynamic between the two men, he was left stupefied by Ron’s antagonism toward his son’s career.

“He should be proud of Rand, but he’s not,” the staffer said. “It’s a really weird relationship.”

Ahahah

Rand definitely got the Wire Mother inside the Paul family Skinner box.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

weekly font posted:

Yes, hitting a guy from behind like it's a WWF run in is always better than jumping in front of an armed man. Obviously.

I dunno guy, you never see the person running in until after the camera has cut to them, coincidence? I think not.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Bashing someone over the head might work, but I feel like trying to choke someone with a gun out is going to result in that person shooting you by aiming back over their own shoulder.

MaxxBot posted:

Might as well teach them that thing Neo does where he holds his hands out and stops the bullets, just as effective and takes a lot less energy.

The correct strategy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The sequel to Jurassic Pork has arrived.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

MaxxBot posted:

Most victims of school shootings are too young that they'd reach the guys forearm, much less force it down. So yeah, about as effective.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Oh yesssss.

quote:

But Graham didn’t seem to catch on, because he just kept spurting commendations for Rand in his courtly Southern drawl, as Ron’s face twisted into a cranky scowl.

He wasn't making a mistake. A Southern gentleman never makes a mistake. :allears: :allears: :allears:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

I am the pig with the carrot=flavoured light sabre

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

Man its a good thing the Disney cooperation isn't overly litigious about its copyrights or anything.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

icantfindaname posted:

he also made sure to point out that nothing Trump says can be used against the Republicans because he's not a real conservative because reasons, even though he still likes the idea of a wall and says he would vote for Trump if he were sure Trump would go through with it

This is the silliest argument I've been hearing and one of the more disgusting.

He's the GOP frontrunner, because he's saying things that are popular with the GOP - but if any of them are unpopular with the country at large, not to worry, he's actually a secret liberal and so those particular things are liberal positions. Like banning Muslims from entering the US.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Dec 8, 2015

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

But I thought the only thing that stopped a bad guy with a gun was a good guy with a gun.

Nah, a good guy draws his gun, runs away from the bad guy and promptly gets shot by police outside because gun. Then the bad guy surrenders without shooting anybody. High fives all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

The SEARS project is back with a vengeance, it seems. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer though for that slick VR upgrade.

• Locked thread