Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

Hey Questioner, what's the deal with that Alienware KF2 promo? Is it a special cosmetic item if you buy a laptop or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

DatonKallandor posted:

I doubt anybody gets mad when something like that slips through - especially in early access.

oh ye of little faith

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

DatonKallandor posted:

It's exactly the kind of bug that's really easy to understand showing up. You just introduced a ton of dual wield weapons - there's bound to be bugs with dual wield weapons interacting with various systems. I doubt anybody gets mad when something like that slips through - especially in early access.

well when they get fixed, no, people shouldn't get mad about it

when they persist forever, well

how about that mysterious losing ammunition bug that's been in since launch?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Questioner86 posted:

I'm pulling my hair out on this one since it appears the fix worked for some people but not others. Did it generate a bugsplat crash report or did it just give you "KFGame has stopped working" and drop out to desktop? The former generates lots of useful logs and dumps. The later does gently caress all.

"KFGame has stopped working" unfortunately

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Funny stuff from last night.

Theta being a hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoGugz7rxuQ

Me loving up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bgquRYLBHw

The sound of impending doom.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXaazR1En5I

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

She Bangs the Drums posted:

"KFGame has stopped working" unfortunately

Have you tried clicking "More Info?"

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Man, the Patriarch is so much more fun of a boss to fight than Volter.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Questioner86 posted:

Laughed out loud at this. It's a stupid thing to miss.

We're working on another patch to address some of the bugs still outstanding from the one that went out today so thanks for looking out.

If you could make the medic nerf less retarded that be real nice.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

In the land of LOTS OF INTERNAL TESTING just what exactly is your Hans strategy and success rate? I'm curious.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

In the land of LOTS OF INTERNAL TESTING just what exactly is your Hans strategy and success rate? I'm curious.

Console Command > Godmode enabled

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Psion posted:

Seriously did you guys make Hans do even more melee damage? Hans is loving stupid right now. We're playing on loving hard because we're goofing around leveling perks that are low and then we all loving switch to 25 Support and Hans still goes "hey, you? yeah, you right there get to die now, bye" and what exactly is supposed to be done about it? Blocking with a knife apparently doesn't do jack poo poo (according to Psion), sprinting doesn't get you anywhere unless you're one of the three classes that can actually outrun him (assuming you've leveled that class high enough and you've got dead people calling out how close the boss is to you), and having over 100 health doesn't matter anymore because he'll two-shot you regardless. Please just remove Hans and let us fight the Patriarch until you've figured out how to not make the Hans fight an un-fun shitshow to cap off an otherwise fun game, thanks.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

ClonedPickle posted:

Seriously did you guys make Hans do even more melee damage? Hans is loving stupid right now. We're playing on loving hard because we're goofing around leveling perks that are low and then we all loving switch to 25 Support and Hans still goes "hey, you? yeah, you right there get to die now, bye" and what exactly is supposed to be done about it? Blocking with a knife apparently doesn't do jack poo poo (according to Psion), sprinting doesn't get you anywhere unless you're one of the three classes that can actually outrun him (assuming you've leveled that class high enough and you've got dead people calling out how close the boss is to you), and having over 100 health doesn't matter anymore because he'll two-shot you regardless. Please just remove Hans and let us fight the Patriarch until you've figured out how to not make the Hans fight an un-fun shitshow to cap off an otherwise fun game, thanks.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

ClonedPickle posted:

Blocking with a knife apparently doesn't do jack poo poo (according to Psion),

I was blocking and still taking 10-15 damage a strike, yeah - so I mean it "helps" but it doesn't: Even one unblocked melee strike drops you below 50 health so even if you block the inevitable second and third because he strikes so loving fast and so often, you're left with very low health for him to immediately switch to guns and shoot you. Or grenade you. Or just melee you again. None of which are avoidable because of the questionable choice to ruin movespeed at low health.

I got Shadowplay working so I can tell you exactly how this went down. 146hp/8 armor, one strike > 83 hp, 0 armor. So that's 63 damage plus 8 armor in one melee strike. 83 to 46 less than one second later. I block two strikes and he takes me down to 20. Then he melees me again and I'm dead.

The whole process took literally four seconds. He meleed me five times in a row.

Another support called out their hp as they died: 150 -> 72 -> 0. Two strikes, dead. Two seconds.

For a third, see the gif in the post above.

Hans is hosed. I'm completely disgusted. Fix your loving game.

Psion fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Dec 9, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

reminder, this class has 150 hp

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

ClonedPickle posted:

Critical, high-priority issues currently present in Killing Floor 2:

1) Holding the reload key with fully-loaded revolvers does not indefinitely spin the revolvers
2) There is no third-person animation for spinning revolvers
3) did you even playtest this??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously this is a critical issue.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

I was blocking and still taking 10-15 damage a strike, yeah - so I mean it "helps" but it doesn't...

The whole process took literally four seconds. He meleed me five times in a row.

According to the spreadsheet, Hans does 75 damage per melee strike, with additional damage multipliers for Suicidal and HoE. Blocking is supposed to cut off 50% of the damage you take, so you could get it down to ~35 damage per strike. But if Hans chains together 3 or more attacks, most classes are going to die then and there. Period.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

LuciferMorningstar posted:

According to the spreadsheet, Hans does 75 damage per melee strike, with additional damage multipliers for Suicidal and HoE. Blocking is supposed to cut off 50% of the damage you take, so you could get it down to ~35 damage per strike. But if Hans chains together 3 or more attacks, most classes are going to die then and there. Period.

The numbers are even worse than they sound (and this is loving dire, who thought this idea was a good one?) because Hans is just a non-stop onslaught. He never stops coming. Patriarch has his own problems but at least Pat will back off and let the players regroup. He hits hard but he can be fought off at least temporarily to get you a breather. Good loving luck getting Hans to give you a breather except by chain murdering your entire team and ending the round.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Time to retire Hans.
Dude had his chance.
He just sux

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea and with the medic nerf means my general strat with my group of keeping his agroo on me as a zerk becomes a lot harder because my window to gently caress up is much narrower since the healing and the armor isn't as effective.

I did learn how to bop him out of his rush so that's cool I guess.

Seriously I have no problems with Hans as a boss he just needs a serious melee nerf, it does way to much damage.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I still don't even understand why medic was nerfed? It was pretty much fine...

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Alteisen posted:

Yea and with the medic nerf means my general strat with my group of keeping his agroo on me as a zerk becomes a lot harder because my window to gently caress up is much narrower since the healing and the armor isn't as effective.

I did learn how to bop him out of his rush so that's cool I guess.

Seriously I have no problems with Hans as a boss he just needs a serious melee nerf, it does way to much damage.

how do you bop him out of his rush?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
KF1 kinda left me wishing for somekind of Light Heavy class that'd start with a SA80 LSW, end up with RPK, PKM, SAW, Mk48 etc. Very heavy recoil, much boom.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

She Bangs the Drums posted:

how do you bop him out of his rush?

If you're a berserker, the pulverizer's alt-fire will stumble Hans if you hit him while he's coming in for the melee combo. You basically have to time it so that you parry his first swing with an explosion. As other classes, you can parry the first swing of his melee combo and it might knock him out of it?? Or he might just ignore it and keep swinging.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Did one of the hotfixes change anything with the netcode? I can't play the game at all because of crazy lag jumping, even though my ping is showing under 100. It seemed fine a few days ago, now this is happening across multiple servers. I tried turning off FLEX and reflections but there was no change, and it doesn't happen in local solo games. I just wanted to shoot stuff with mah pistalz :(

ropesnake
Oct 22, 2008

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I still don't even understand why medic was nerfed? It was pretty much fine...

Because a medic and berserker could win hell on earth by having the zerk stand in front of the door tanking everything while the medic healed him up as well as his armor and the game suddenly became massively unfun.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ropesnake posted:

Because a medic and berserker could win hell on earth by having the zerk stand in front of the door tanking everything while the medic healed him up as well as his armor and the game suddenly became massively unfun.

Something that requires two people to mutually choose to do instead of playing normally warrants a nerf? That's a complete non-issue. The fact that it's possible means nothing.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I would like to report no problems keeping players healed during Suicidal Hans. The loss (since that's basically what it is) of the armor repair skill makes healing through FPs and Scrakes a little bit tougher, but it's manageable if you have smart teammates. Yall can carry more than one gun, you know.

The 90 degree healing darts thing still hasn't been fixed, though.

e: removed superfluous "two"

further edit:
My experiences healing suicidal and hoe as a 22 medic post update are entirely anecdotal and obviously don't reflect edge cases like the support getting (correctly) punished for getting in Hans' grill. As with anything that takes place in the game, if you're not communicating and planning with your teammates, you're going to wipe.

Foreskin Problems fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 9, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Vahakyla posted:

KF1 kinda left me wishing for somekind of Light Heavy class that'd start with a SA80 LSW, end up with RPK, PKM, SAW, Mk48 etc. Very heavy recoil, much boom.

yes please

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Back when we first saw the icons for the new perks, I thought the helmet perk icon (which belongs to the SWAT) was going to be this. Lack of LMGs in this feels weird considering they'd be pretty easy to balance (middling damage per shot, high RoF but high recoil/bloom, long reload times but big magazines).

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

CJacobs posted:

If you're a berserker, the pulverizer's alt-fire will stumble Hans if you hit him while he's coming in for the melee combo. You basically have to time it so that you parry his first swing with an explosion. As other classes, you can parry the first swing of his melee combo and it might knock him out of it?? Or he might just ignore it and keep swinging.

Unless they changed it since last patch, you can punch Hans in the head as any class and he'll reel backward for a second. The unfortunate catch is that it has a huge cooldown.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
delete hans

or give his slashes a giant cooldown so he doesn't do it 2-4 times (x2) in a row on the same player

but really, just delete hans

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Dec 9, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Give players an option to vote kick Hans

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I honestly would not miss Hans if he were just removed from the game. I'm not calling for it or anything, just saying that fighting him is not fun. It seems like it's going to be a cool fight, but then he just turns out to be a fleshpound that holds guns pea shooters and has a million health. I know having more boss variety was in the cards from the start and all, but Hans just sucks, especially evident now that the Patriarch is in and it's a much better fight in general.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Make it a telethon and players have to donate money to the trader to convince her not to let Hans out and give you the pat instead.

Alternatively: Stumble Hands by bouncing wads of cash off his head.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
What I'd like to see is a post-boss state for players where all the weapons are replaced by Dosh and you can toss the cash like grenades, making them go loose and splash loose bank notes all over the map.

Also yeah, hitting Hans with money stumbles him.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

CaudaVenenus
Sep 17, 2004

Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you.
My two cents on a possible fix for Hans : make it so that you have a very high chance of stumbling him if you hit him in the legs during his melee frenzy (and also, or alternatively, his head), and then put a cooldown on the rush after that happens.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

scratch what i said, do this

if the votekick succeeds, have the patriarch spawn and laugh at hans while that piece of trash runs away crying

then pat high fives the players and the game ends on a mid-jump freeze frame

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 9, 2015

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Hans as a concept seems like he's supposed to be a mirror image to Patriarch. Instead of attacking-retreating-attacking, he's just supposed to be on you the whole time. It's a neat choice, but throw in that he's never not attacking, has invincibility frames, and all of his attacks can theoretically one-or-two shot you and come in rapid succession, and you have a boss that you really can't have a strategy for. I wouldn't mind him taken from the game, but I also think he can improve. I do have to say the game has gotten very good after the last few updates, and I hope they're still listening to the people who have been providing the good ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

RoadCrewWorker posted:

scratch what i said, do this

if the votekick succeeds, have the patriarch spawn and laugh at hans while that piece of trash runs away crying

then pat high fives the players and the game ends on a mid-jump freeze frame

I like this but it could use a freeze-frame and record-scratch sound effect. But you're on to something.