Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish you could put normal clothes on over the armor pieces. Maybe you can and I just haven't found it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I wish you could put normal clothes on over the armor pieces. Maybe you can and I just haven't found it yet.

You can. Press X on the ground gear menu and select Fashion Gear.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What the gently caress, I can't do Phog's quest because I get harassed by a level 65 indigen midway through the battle

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

You can. Press X on the ground gear menu and select Fashion Gear.

Hell yes! The armor at least before end game, is gross looking.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Calaveron posted:

What the gently caress, I can't do Phog's quest because I get harassed by a level 65 indigen midway through the battle

That guy's an rear end in a top hat. Just wait a little bit after you spawn in and he'll run right by the spawn point then patrol around in a big circle. You can lead the guys you need to kill for the quest back behind some rocks and fight them there when he leaves.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

NmareBfly posted:

That guy's an rear end in a top hat. Just wait a little bit after you spawn in and he'll run right by the spawn point then patrol around in a big circle. You can lead the guys you need to kill for the quest back behind some rocks and fight them there when he leaves.

he's also only hostile when you're in a skell.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do I equip an augment on my skell?

Is there really no way to save all this loving fashion gear I've been getting into a storage?

What happens if I sell fashion gear accidentally? It's hosed unless I reload a save right? I can't re-buy it?

Does Lao have any affinity missions or heart to hearts?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

GreenBuckanneer posted:

How do I equip an augment on my skell?

Is there really no way to save all this loving fashion gear I've been getting into a storage?

What happens if I sell fashion gear accidentally? It's hosed unless I reload a save right? I can't re-buy it?

Does Lao have any affinity missions or heart to hearts?

In order

1)No idea
2)Nope
3)Quests seem to have semi-random rewards so it might cycle back it might not! otherwise you're hosed.

I mostly store my favorite stuff on the characters I don't use a lot. There's a ton of them.

4)Yeah, one of them is required even for Chapter... 8 I think.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zore posted:

4)Yeah, one of them is required even for Chapter... 8 I think.

So once he unlocks all his skills, I can just dump him right?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So once he unlocks all his skills, I can just dump him right?

you unlock the skills, not him. but yeah.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just learned the hard way that this game doesn't have any form of autosave.

rip like 2 hours of playtime

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey so I have a insanely stupid question. I'm doing the Skell stuff and only have 2 quests left.

One is the beaglfea squashes that I hear are a pain in the rear end, and the other is earn 15,000 credits in a single return.

I have no idea what it's talking about with a single return. Can someone give me a heads up :downs:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
You need to do both of Lao's affinity missions during the course of the story, so yeah, you can dump him once that's done with.

In synergy news, I just found out that Core Crusher (Psycorruptor 10) and Ether Boost (Blast Fencer 2) stack, which is great.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey so I have a insanely stupid question. I'm doing the Skell stuff and only have 2 quests left.

One is the beaglfea squashes that I hear are a pain in the rear end, and the other is earn 15,000 credits in a single return.

I have no idea what it's talking about with a single return. Can someone give me a heads up :downs:

You need to be getting 15k credits in revenue or more, then wait for it to pop up.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You want to generate 15,000 in a single tick from the FrontierNAV probe minigame on the gamepad. Every so often you are paid in credits and miranium based on what your probe network looks like. When you open up the probe interface on the gamepad you can see what your expected returns look like in the lower right corner of the gamepad screen. So if you have >15000 per return already, you simply have to wait for that return to happen and you're set.

As for the sqaushes, there is an upper portion to Oblivia, in the north of the region, where there is a huge lake. You can see the waterfalls flowing from it on the lower portion of the region. You'll want to head far to the east portion of the region to find a natural ramp that leads up into that area with the lake, and then wait for early morning. There will be a decent amount of crystals in the lake and surrounding areas, and they might be the 3 squashes you need.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Am I supposed to actually be crafting weapons?

Also I'm not completely sure how to check what a piece of equipment's augments actually do.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Inflammatory posted:

he's also only hostile when you're in a skell.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
^^ oh, whoops. i was thinking of his second quest.

TurnipFritter posted:

Also I'm not completely sure how to check what a piece of equipment's augments actually do.

1. probably not until super late game.

2. they show the effects at the crafting place, but only if you've unlocked the augment to craft in the first place.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Actually, I'm now a Bamabus fan. At one point taking those screenshots he stopped chasing after me and put his hand over his eyes for a while like we were playing hide and seek on an open plain. I can respect being that much of an rear end in a top hat.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Looking at those shots, I hear a sad Looney Toons military trumpet dirge playing just before you get splattered.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This alone made my night

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I booted up the game to try and play a little but I pretty much had to put it down right away since I can't read anything on screen except for the cutscene subtitles. People are telling me that overscan and input scaling can cause legibility problems, and using the gamepad view doesn't appear to make the font any more legible, really. The next steps are to use a computer monitor and have it be very close to my face. Not an ideal solution, but if that also fails I guess it is time for a refund (I don't even know if you can get refunds for eShop games if you've played them).

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dominic White posted:

Looking at those shots, I hear a sad Looney Toons military trumpet dirge playing just before you get splattered.
I think that's a different recruitment quest where you are killing the one man band indigens next to another giant thing that plasters you in one hit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Is there a specific part of the Placid Duogills that drops the Electric Blue Tentacle?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
When in doubt, just buy that poo poo with reward tickets, assuming you have them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tipme posted:

When in doubt, just buy that poo poo with reward tickets, assuming you have them.

I'm literally incapable of getting them because of my unstable internet, so thanks

E: and I just got it, no worries.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Dec 9, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is there a specific part of the Placid Duogills that drops the Electric Blue Tentacle?

Silent Mire in Primordia.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Man this killer lobster quest is going to take a while. I have only found like 15 of the things so far.

If people don't know what i'm talking about, jump over the fence south of the outfitters hangar in the industrial area.

Also drat there is a bunch of NPC death in the quests you can found around town after chapter 6.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

buy it from Tickets, takes like 2 seconds.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Silent Mire in Primordia.

The Taint Reaper posted:

buy it from Tickets, takes like 2 seconds.

I'm literally incapable of getting them because of my unstable internet, so thanks

E: and I just got it, no worries.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
That music from Noctilum in the daytime is amazing.

It sounds like something out of the Discovery Channel.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Do you guys think a sniper rifle/photon saber build can work? What should that build look like in terms of skills?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

TurnipFritter posted:

It's annoying that you can't just check it easily like in xenoblade but you can look it up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true

edit: just click on augments near the top

Also:

Sam Faust fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 9, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Farg posted:

Do you guys think a sniper rifle/photon saber build can work? What should that build look like in terms of skills?

i think a couple of the sniper arts trigger from melee combos, which is what blast fencers seem pretty inclined towards, so it might work.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sam Faust posted:

It's annoying that you can't just check it easily like in xenoblade but you can look it up here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g0YR4M8RAHiRhCbAvV4tjXXHLEhRMrARzZMYAUGmyZ4/htmlview?sle=true

edit: just click on augments near the top

Also:

Requested a thread change to "Xenoblade Chronicles X: Your so-called anime"

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Where do you get more probes?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

PRADA SLUT posted:

completing quests.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

PRADA SLUT posted:

Inflammatory posted:

completing quests.

From field skill objects too on occasion.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

...so this "Rise of the Blood Lobster" quest is serious, huh. I guess everyone in New LA is gonna get blown up because there is no way in hell I'm doing this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The difficulty really starts to ramp up when you get to the 4th and 5th continents. Having a hard time wrapping my head around team composition and arts & skills to use. However at this point in the game you start using Skells only and that is a little bit easier to understand because those are based entirely on gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

TurnipFritter posted:

...so this "Rise of the Blood Lobster" quest is serious, huh. I guess everyone in New LA is gonna get blown up because there is no way in hell I'm doing this.

At least the game gives you red markers for a bit when the items come into view.

• Locked thread