Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

football is the most boring sport to watch, even worse than baseball. i just don't get the appeal. everything stops and resets as soon as anything remotely exciting happens

Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings.

George Will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect posted:

Football combines the two worst things about America: it is violence punctuated by committee meetings.

George Will

wow, it's almost as if it's a stand-in for military conquest and has enjoyed popularity inverse to our actual success and moral clarity in war

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

woo, PATRIOTISM! ~carefully orchestrates political photo opportunity using government money for local veteran who happens to be running for office~

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i was born in germany so i'm a fan of real football :smug:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

duTrieux. posted:

wow, it's almost as if it's a stand-in for military conquest and has enjoyed popularity inverse to our actual success and moral clarity in war

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

george_carlin_baseball_vs_football FUNNY LOL comedy dr demento weird al yankovic howard stern.mp3

I'm triggered

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

duTrieux. posted:

woo, PATRIOTS!

ftfy :patssay:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I am also angry about sports

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
football is cool and good unless your a bitch i guess

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
i like to knit and watch football at the same time

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug
Futbol > football

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

duTrieux. posted:

welp, i guess football popularity is at a 40 year high

wildemere
Nov 19, 2013
If you like oval shaped ball games that are fast paced then rugby is cool.

There are two flavors of it called union & league.

Then there is also Aussie Rules, The Irish do a similar thing but with a round ball.

Rugby is fast paced and good to watch.

But I also watch & enjoy NFL here, (Australia) Its good for a slow down in the pace.

I only record & playback using a PVR. I can see a 3.5 hour game in about 1.5 hours

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

it's good to watch the big boys toss egg

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

is racism legal in yospos now? because boy, do I have opinions

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

it came out today that rousey can't eat semi-hard foods for another 5 months or so

yeesh

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

wildemere posted:

Then there is also Aussie Rules, The Irish do a similar thing but with a round ball.

But I also watch & enjoy NFL here, (Australia) Its good for a slow down in the pace.

I only record & playback using a PVR. I can see a 3.5 hour game in about 1.5 hours

as a Canadian I gave no fucks about football but since coming to Australia I've watched a few rugby league games and it's nice and fast paced like hockey

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
starcraft viewing supremacy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
durr, me likey the meat sports with my feeble mind. me likey watchey to clompy mans smashingsinning the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrlllll *lifts up pull-up brand underwear and grabs a big load of dump from it and smears it on ther tongue* lovey sportyman

sc2 watching pimp leaning towards the tv pensively like a boss: Nice tactics. Incredible siege tank positioning. Immaculate macro. This child prodigy is the Mozart of the Modern SC2 era. Simply stunning.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

durr, me likey the meat sports with my feeble mind. me likey watchey to clompy mans smashingsinning the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrlllll *lifts up pull-up brand underwear and grabs a big load of dump from it and smears it on ther tongue* lovey sportyman

sc2 watching pimp leaning towards the tv pensively like a boss: Nice tactics. Incredible siege tank positioning. Immaculate macro. This child prodigy is the Mozart of the Modern SC2 era. Simply stunning.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

lol

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ADINSX posted:

I agree there are way too many advertising breaks though, college football is worse than the pros too, loving commercial breaks every turn over, every score, etc It takes 4 loving hours

nfl has the same thing, the main difference as far as i can tell is that they don't keep the clock running if the team gets a first down, so it's extended by a bit

also teams are worse so there's a greater chance of punting which increases the likelihood of commercial breaks

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
also soccer is really bad because their main metric of the quality of a team is the number of shots they do

not scoring, because you only have a ~10% chance to convert a score, but number of times you almost reach the goal but whoops the goalie is there

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Smythe posted:

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrlllll *lifts up pull-up brand underwear and grabs a big load of dump from it and smears it on ther tongue*

same

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
soccer is so genuinely awful that even the players will fake injuries so they no longer have to be there

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

computer parts posted:

also soccer is really bad because their main metric of the quality of a team is the number of shots they do

not scoring, because you only have a ~10% chance to convert a score, but number of times you almost reach the goal but whoops the goalie is there

um, no its not?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
hello is this where we share our opinions on sports because i have a ton of them and they're really good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

the main metric of the quality of a soccer team is how many games they win compared to how many they lose or draw

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
look the only sport worth watching is basketball and maybe hockey if you like fighting

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

look the only sport worth watching is hockey

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Smythe posted:

boxer is my favorite athlete of all time

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

Pillbug

Shaggar posted:

boxer is my favorite athlete of all time

Idra is so good he got banned

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

wildemere posted:

which is the one where they finger each others' buttholes?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

fart simpson posted:

the main metric of the quality of a soccer team is how many games they win compared to how many they lose or draw

"the main metric of quality is scoring more points overall"

*aggressively avoids letting people score points*

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

theultimo posted:

Idra is so good he got banned

idra was a no skill 1a zerg macro bitch who got laughed out of sc2

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

go team video games

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

microsoft is the best at making up their own metrics

quote:

Thanks to the support of our fans, Xbox One saw record-setting U.S. sales* and record global engagement** during the week of Black Friday. Due to this amazing response from gamers, we’re bringing the discounts back for a limited time: starting today, Dec. 9 through Saturday, Dec. 26 in the U.S., all Xbox One console bundles will be available for $50 off, starting at $299.
it's selling so well we're going to lower the price! but we're not going to tell you how well:

quote:

*Sales period of Nov. 21 – Nov. 27 in the U.S., based on internal Microsoft data
**Period of Nov. 21 – Nov. 27 globally, based on internal Microsoft data
I wonder if "global engagement" is on somebody's MBOs there

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
we're working on sales figures (don't ask what the sales figures are)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i enjoy posting* and i'm good at it**

• Locked thread