Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker
Am I missing something about the Wu-Tang story?

Because if I were a fan of their work, I'd see the whole idea of promoting a one-of-a-kind album with amazing work as much more dickish than anyone who would buy it, even Martin "Deserves to get punched by anyone at any time" Shkreli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cheesus posted:

Because if I were a fan of their work, I'd see the whole idea of promoting a one-of-a-kind album with amazing work as much more dickish than anyone who would buy it, even Martin "Deserves to get punched by anyone at any time" Shkreli.

Celebrities and artists have silly ideas about art.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Fried Chicken posted:

Presently (well as of when I last looked in July) cost is falling in line with Moore's law so even if the efficiency per m^2 froze, it would be more cost efficient

Yeah, which is why we need to raise interest rates! No one is sure why, but we really need to raise interest rates right loving now.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://m.startribune.com/st-paul-student-charged-with-assaulting-teacher/360964461/

Misdemeanor assaults on school officials have increased 60% in the last five years in St. Paul, MN. The latest case involves a teacher suffering a TBI after getting his head bashed into a table repeatedly trying to break up a fight over football statistics. The teachers' union is going to mediation demanding better security and alleging unsafe working conditions.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pohl posted:

They were.... not sure if they still are.
Why does everything you write write come across as idiotic?

What?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pohl posted:

Yeah, which is why we need to raise interest rates! No one is sure why, but we really need to raise interest rates right loving now.

Yeah ask a single person at the Federal Reserve and they'll open their mouth but nothing will come out :jerkbag:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Pohl posted:

Are you drunkposting or something

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Trump and Hillary were good friends, and the rumor is they had him run to help her win.

And everything you write is just grating. I agree with a lot of stuff you say but somehow you come across as an rear end in a top hat. I don't know, write a little more maybe so you aren't just spouting out random poo poo.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

TheQat posted:

That's a valid post. I know it seems random but that is the state of politics now.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Yeah ask a single person at the Federal Reserve and they'll open their mouth but nothing will come out :jerkbag:

Yeah, like we need to raise interest rates right now. They open their mouths and a bunch of poo poo falls out, basically. Good for them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pohl posted:

Trump and Hillary were good friends, and the rumor is they had him run to help her win.

And everything you write is just grating. I agree with a lot of stuff you say but somehow you come across as an rear end in a top hat. I don't know, write a little more maybe so you aren't just spouting out random poo poo.

I don't think you're one to give posting tips mate.

Franco Potente
Jul 9, 2010

Pohl posted:

:ironicat:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Any way I didn't write that it's a common reference we make in the thread when someone makes a fatuous connection.

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20080422/NEWS/804220315

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Hey pohl. Pretend like you can't read and that no one knows what's going on anymore.

Worked so well last time you picked a fight in the thread.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Crain posted:

Hey pohl. Pretend like you can't read and that no one knows what's going on anymore.

Worked so well last time you picked a fight in the thread.

Ok, gently caress. I'm an rear end in a top hat with problems and I'm going away.
sorry

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

The Iron Rose posted:

nah more that shitposting in defense of anti-intellectualism and bad faith interpretations is so profoundly lazy, ignorant, and dumb that I don't really see why you deserve anything but a pat on the head as a response.

keep tilting at strawmen champ, this started off with the blisteringly obvious observation that pacifists don't study enter the international security field in the first place as a matter of morals, much the same way that vegans don't enter the meat inspection field. still not sure why that's hard for you to understand or what it has to do with creationists disbelieving evolution. pretty sure these people don't think security don't exist, which seems to be your point.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

We need to raise interest rates because if we don't we won't be able to lower then again later.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Cheesus posted:

Yeah that album was going to some rich rear end in a top hat regardless, it's just funny it's going to one that is so outspoken about being a caricature of an unrepentantly evil venture capitalist.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

TheQat posted:

The joke is that literally anything is justification for raising interest rates

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

We need to raise interest rates because if we don't we won't be able to lower then again later.

True, but we can't capture any real (cough) investments when interest rates are so low. We need to raise interest rates to capture the true return on our investments. (as well as keep those outstanding debts real, we can't have debts eroding due to inflation.)

Pohl fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 9, 2015

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Scalia: Affirmative Action Sends Blacks To Schools Too Advanced For Them

quote:

He argued that "most of the black scientists in this country do not come from the most advanced schools" and that they benefit from a "slower track."

"They're being pushed into schools that are too advanced for them," Scalia said Wednesday of minority students accepted under affirmative action programs.

Reminder that this case is being brought by a white kid who was straight up not good enough to get into school. From that, we hear this.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Hark, an old rear end dude with no concept of how colleges work.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Reminder that this case is being brought by a white kid who was straight up not good enough to get into school. From that, we hear this.

Scalia looks at Trump and thinks "Lemme show you how it's done junior"

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Bloomberg snap poll has 65% of Republicans agreeing with Trump's plan to ban Muslims from entry.

This is lower than the #FCET predicted so we put it down to dodgey methodology in snap polling

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fried Chicken posted:

Bloomberg snap poll has 65% of Republicans agreeing with Trump's plan to ban Muslims from entry.

This is lower than the #FCET predicted so we put it down to dodgey methodology in snap polling

I'm sorry, but I've been assured that this Muslim thing was finally the beginning of the end for Trump.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

zoux posted:

I'm sorry, but I've been assured that this Muslim thing was finally the beginning of the end for Trump.
You're forgetting about the silent majority of primary voters.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like the conspiracy that Trump is a Democrat plant to get Hillary into office. I especially like Republicans who push it and are mad. "They just knew we'd gravitate towards racist and xenophobic remarks! They're the real bad people here!"

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker
Just got back from watching Fiorina speak at my hospital. She's going to take back America by giving us a smartphone app where we can approve of her agenda and overcome partisan gridlock. Obamacare and Dodd-Frank are also to blame for consolidation and increased prices.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

zoux posted:

We here at the Fried Chicken Election Team remain confident in this aiding Trump. Our models have been consistent so far. #FCET

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Cheesus posted:

No, you're right. They deliberately created a situation where the entire point was that one special person would get to have the only copy of the this work, which of course ensures that it is going to go to the kind of douche who thinks that is a good idea. It's entirely expected and I can't imagine they are surprised at all. Also if they didn't like him they could have always just not sold it to him and sold it to someone else instead of whatever.

I would really much prefer this guy spends his time commissioning unique productions from artists rather than loving around with medication costs that people actually need, so I think this is a step in the right direction.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Fried Chicken posted:

For anyone curious about this, here's a good article on why this (probably) isn't the case.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

SavageBastard posted:

Just got back from watching Fiorina speak at my hospital. She's going to take back America by giving us a smartphone app where we can approve of her agenda and overcome partisan gridlock. Obamacare and Dodd-Frank are also to blame for consolidation and increased prices.

Did you get close enough to see her scales?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Obama to sign No Child Left Behind 'overhaul'.

Is Obummer forcing muslin common core down our children's throats?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fried Chicken posted:

Is the mainstream media EVER going to realize that this is a GOP Base story and not a Donald Trump story? Probably not...

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker

Mr Hootington posted:

Did you get close enough to see her scales?

She's not nearly as severe looking in person, though she has an odd affect of leaning forward bent at the waist. She was also pretty patronizing considering she was speaking to a room of very educated people.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Is the conclusion "black people aren't inherently stupid"?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

In other news, Jeb has burned through almost half of his enormous superPAC fund and has absolutely nothing to show for it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Is the mainstream media EVER going to realize that this is a GOP Base story and not a Donald Trump story? Probably not...
The media won't tell their audience that they're bad people.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Due to poverty, black children are less likely than white children to be able to fulfill their nutritional needs during critical stages of brain development, and it has been demonstrated that this can have a lifelong effect on cognitive growth

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cheesus posted:

You're missing that he will never reveal the Wu-tang secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rhesus Pieces posted:

In other news, Jeb has burned through almost half of his enormous superPAC fund and has absolutely nothing to show for it.

Well he's still in the race.

It isn't as though he's in a race with a ~dozen other rubes that haven't spent near that much cash.

• Locked thread