Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Magmarashi posted:

They're blindly shooting in the direction your gunfire came from, you can move after they start doing this and they'll keep hammering that position instead of tracking you.

This has never been my experience, they still seem to track with nigh perfect accuracy (morphing to perfect when it switches to [DANGER])

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

staberind posted:

A few Q's,: Ed-E ? Mr Fisto? how about a walking jukebox?

Speaking of past robots, I'm really missing the Robobrains. I'd love to see them modded back in eventually.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Amstrad posted:

Speaking of past robots, I'm really missing the Robobrains. I'd love to see them modded back in eventually.

And what about robo-dogs?

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Falken posted:

Which, to me makes perfect sense. I know that's what I'd do if one of my buddies just got their head meloned.

I'd say 'Huh? What was that?' look around for a few seconds and then return to standing next to his dead body and say 'Jumping at shadows...'

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Azhais posted:

And what about robo-dogs?

poo poo yeah, almost forgot about Cyberdogs, would love to see them back too.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Songbearer posted:

Sick sick siiick. Between this and OCDecorator, Fallout 4 has quickly become the Apocalypse Dreamhouse Simulator I never knew I wanted.

Is anyone else having OCDecorator, Homemaker, and SSEx? I can't find the OCD stuff anywhere.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Is anyone else having OCDecorator, Homemaker, and SSEx? I can't find the OCD stuff anywhere.

Change your load order,I'll get e picture of how mine is.

e:

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 9, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
NX Pro Farming has a compost system now. It's fine for MY IMMERSION but I don't really need more fertilizer. But looting this off of animals is pretty great!

I love the idea of carefully bottling up poop and labeling it whenever I kill a Radstag.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 9, 2015

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Is there a way to manually reset an area? I want to delete the drat forklift at the construction site.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Is there a way to manually reset an area? I want to delete the drat forklift at the construction site.

Not sure what you are referring to, but just click it with the console open and type either "disable" or "markfordelete". deleting it may cause issues, so save first. Disabling it just makes it not render, and it can be "enable"d again if needed.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Goons, I'm having trouble with one of my settlement mods where scrolling onto the power section instantly causes a CTD.

I have Homemaker, Fusebox Generator, Safe SSEx and the Homemaker - SSEx compatibility patch. Tried toggling each off and on in every combination and nothing's working. Only thing that works is toggling Homemaker or SSEx off and obviously I want to use those.

Help?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Do homemaker and SSEX have redundancies? I see a lot of people using them together when it seems like a one or the other thing.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Cheap Shot, HomeMaker has a compatibility patch with SSEX.

Also has anybody used this: Sanctuary Empty Town

It deletes all the normally not scrappable houses so you can start anew.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

This is less a modding question and more of a console question: is there any way to reset your carrying capacity after using commands to boost it?

I jacked up my CC to move a bunch of junk from one settlement to another but now I can't figure out how to get it back to normal.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Falken posted:

Cheap Shot, HomeMaker has a compatibility patch with SSEX.

Also has anybody used this: Sanctuary Empty Town

It deletes all the normally not scrappable houses so you can start anew.

I tried to do this but this kind of cell edit causes the power armor regeneration bug. Not just when first loaded like he suggest either, it can cause it at any point.

Kea fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Dec 9, 2015

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Veotax posted:

This is less a modding question and more of a console question: is there any way to reset your carrying capacity after using commands to boost it?

I jacked up my CC to move a bunch of junk from one settlement to another but now I can't figure out how to get it back to normal.

You'll probably just have to calculate it from scratch. I think the Fallout 3 & NV rules still apply.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Carry_Weight

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Veotax posted:

If you remember how much you added you can use:

player.modav carryweight -100

or however much.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Veotax posted:

If you just used the player.modav carryweight command to change it a simple way to reset it is to jump in a set of power armor. Before I started using an esp to modify my carryweight I'd constantly have to re-command line change it whenever I got in or out of power armor.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Azhais posted:

This has never been my experience, they still seem to track with nigh perfect accuracy (morphing to perfect when it switches to [DANGER])

your experience is wrong

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zodium posted:

I decided to update my mod load for my silent assassin run

then there's ENB, ReShade, SweetFX, and maybe another one and a half times as many in texture/animation/mesh replacements. it's kind of amazing my FO4 doesn't basically just fall down and cry at this point.

My prediction:

You might - might - make it to like level 10 before your entire game collapses in on itself. Also (and this doesn't necessarily apply to you) I think it's funny when people load their modlist with a shitload of settlement related mods and then proceed to never make elaborate settlements with them.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Dec 9, 2015

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dongicus posted:

FAg mod probed me b4 could ask

How similar is this engine to skyrims? does anyone know how easy it would be to port script mods and the like over to f4 yet?
Well, y'know, tried to. Thanks, technical issues.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Veotax posted:

Just use tgm next time, it also allows you to sprint and fast travel while overencumbered.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

FadedReality posted:

If you remember how much you added you can use:

player.modav carryweight -100

or however much.

That worked, thanks muchly.

quote:

Just use tgm next time, it also allows you to sprint and fast travel while overencumbered.

I'll keep that in mind.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there any mods for adjustable scopes in the game? I liked how in New Vegas (project Nevada at least, not sure if it was vanilla) I could use the mouse scroll to switch between different zoom magnifications.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Amstrad posted:

This is what I wanted to see, people putting the mod to good use. Do you mind uploading your image to the nexus page?

Edit: Woops, looks like you already did and I just needed to verify it. Awesome.

Here's one more shot for your page.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are there any mods for adjustable scopes in the game? I liked how in New Vegas (project Nevada at least, not sure if it was vanilla) I could use the mouse scroll to switch between different zoom magnifications.

Most likely going to need the creation kit for this im afraid.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/weapon_tweaks.esp - Weapon Tweaks
changes:
-laser sniper barrels made less poo poo
-regular sniper barrel now requires 1.5 seconds to charge (50% reduction in charge time), damage modifier raised to +200% damage
-improved sniper barrel now requires .75 seconds to charge (75% reduction), damage modifier raised to +150% damage
damage is still dogshit (25% of effective damage) when rapidly firing but it no longer takes an eon to charge for a normal damage shot, and charged shots are much better now so it's worth considering at least

I can only use this or Iron Rose's weapon rebalance, right?

I just want shotguns to group a little tighter :argh:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Capn Beeb posted:

I can only use this or Iron Rose's weapon rebalance, right?

I just want shotguns to group a little tighter :argh:
yeah they all modify the same things, can really only use one or the other

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zodium posted:

your experience is wrong

While I'm thinking about it, do you use Steam Broadcasting or anything like that? I kinda want to check out your supermodded game experience

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Thinking on it I wonder if anyone has tried to change Curies body to an assaultron

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I plan on trying when the GECK comes out if no one's done so by then. Human Curie is loving boring, yo.

Gen2 Synth Curie would be cool too

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

The real mods next year are going to be great, with settlement raids and other obvious things to come. I just want to play tower defense in Fallout at this point.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I am going to do a mod that will make the game even more of an FPS ARPG like just really buckle down on the action and loot.

And when I say that I mean I'll do about 1/3rd of a large mod to do this and then get bored.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

staberind posted:

A few Q's,: Ed-E ? Mr Fisto? how about a walking jukebox?
I have form (couldn't find the jukebot...).

I have been considering though how many bots to add as construction options. Currently I've got all the basic flavours of protectron, 2 assaultron, 2 sentry, 2 Mr and Lt. Gutsy and Mr Handy & Ms Nanny. Drinking Buddy as a bot that adds little defence but contributes food and water is probably a gimmie, but I'm torn on whether adding in the higher-tier protectrons (with auto-lasers) or the eyebots (need 1 for each radio station) is actually worth it, or even really if Lt. Gutsy needs cutting. There's no point adding very useless or redundant bots just for completion's sake, but then I've added Ms Nanny & Mr Handy based on their voices, so...

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

I plan on trying when the GECK comes out if no one's done so by then. Human Curie is loving boring, yo.

The P.A.M. variant of the Assaultron would be a superior choice in my opinion.

Talkie Toaster posted:

I have form (couldn't find the jukebot...).

I have been considering though how many bots to add as construction options. Currently I've got all the basic flavours of protectron, 2 assaultron, 2 sentry, 2 Mr and Lt. Gutsy and Mr Handy & Ms Nanny. Drinking Buddy as a bot that adds little defence but contributes food and water is probably a gimmie, but I'm torn on whether adding in the higher-tier protectrons (with auto-lasers) or the eyebots (need 1 for each radio station) is actually worth it, or even really if Lt. Gutsy needs cutting. There's no point adding very useless or redundant bots just for completion's sake, but then I've added Ms Nanny & Mr Handy based on their voices, so...

Someone suggested it on my mod, but if you could add in a Mr Handy that acts like a shopkeep that's always open like the one in Diamond City, it'd be cool.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 10, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Babe Magnet posted:

fisto curie

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

NecroMonster posted:

And when I say that I mean I'll do about 1/3rd of a large mod to do this and then get bored.

welcome to my design philosophy

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I have several video games/video game engines and all sorts of 2d and 3d art projects that are all roughly 1/3rd of the way done.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Kea posted:

Thinking on it I wonder if anyone has tried to change Curies body to an assaultron

Curie's brain in a cyberdog's body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Delsaber posted:

Curie's brain in a cyberdog's body.

Giddyup Buttercup Curie.

• Locked thread