Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Eopia posted:

...Are all the images from that link gone for anyone else?

Also, I'm missing the shop between Candid & Credible and Orphean Technologies, anyone know how to unlock it?

Yeah, looks like they got removed.

Zore posted:

Yeah, looks like it got taken down since everyone was using it. I'm guessing Prima wasn't too happy.

I found a reupload though.

Neat. Thanks!

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013

Fhqwhgads posted:

Do any of the early affinity missions (I haven't done any that weren't required to advance chapters) make you do poo poo that's hilariously overleveled for where you are in the main story? I just finished chapter 5 and feel like I should be knocking out some early affinity missions but since you can't cancel them, I don't want to pick one and find out I have to fight some Lvl60 monster that requires Skells when my guys are like level 20 at the moment.

"A Day in the Life..." had me grinding for blue tentacles for like 2 hours at Cliffside Beach with the Duogill that only spawns between 1900-0500. (target the tentacle appendages to increase chance of a drop).
"The Repair Job" had me grinding Pawn Puges in the area where the Chapter 3 mission took place to collect Electric Tubes. Also about 2 hours worth.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Always keep in mind that you can buy enemy material drops from the safety and comfort of your barracks.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Just buy rare monster drops with tickets. You get enough of them.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is the camera incredibly loving floaty/hard to control for anyone else? And I find it kind of amusing and weird that my character is chatty in battle but doesn't talk at all in cutscenes. Even just little quips to represent the dialogue choices would go a long way.

I don't know if I've decided between "game good" and "game bad" yet. I think I'm at the point where I'm comfortable saying I prefer Xenoblade 1, though.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Pollyanna posted:

Is the camera incredibly loving floaty/hard to control for anyone else? And I find it kind of amusing and weird that my character is chatty in battle but doesn't talk at all in cutscenes. Even just little quips to represent the dialogue choices would go a long way.

I don't know if I've decided between "game good" and "game bad" yet. I think I'm at the point where I'm comfortable saying I prefer Xenoblade 1, though.

You can change the camera sensitivity and other settings in the options menu.

I've had really good luck with monster drops, weirdly. Killed like, 3 Puges and 1 Duogill to get what I needed.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
gently caress my life, no autosave and a power button in the controller just made me lose like 3 hours of play.

I was just too entertained to save often!

Guess I won't play for a day or two now since I'm pretty pissed off.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Hugoon Chavez posted:

gently caress my life, no autosave and a power button in the controller just made me lose like 3 hours of play.

I was just too entertained to save often!

Guess I won't play for a day or two now since I'm pretty pissed off.

You didn't advance any segment of a single chapter in 3 hours?

Autosaves happen when you do that.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

You can change the camera sensitivity and other settings in the options menu.

Even then, the indoor/cramped space camera is still super slow

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just finished chapter five, and even though I knew the twist it was still pretty cool how it was done. Also a few days back I had decided to just go into Noctilum and do everything I could for a while, turns out that was a good call since I ended up at 20.7% surveyed and Chapter 6 needs at least 20% before starting, so I'll just go ahead and check on Lao's sidequest and get me some giant robutts.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Utnayan posted:

It's very possible to go on long sidquest binges.

On a different note, there's no way to watch cutscenes again, is there? The capstone to Chapter 5 was cool and I'd like to watch it again.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

Zore posted:

Yeah, looks like it got taken down since everyone was using it. I'm guessing Prima wasn't too happy.

I found a reupload though.

I've also uploaded my own images, here that aren't from a phone.

EDIT: Now with a working link.

Warren fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 9, 2015

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

GET IN THE loving SKELL SHINJI

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Warren posted:

I've also uploaded my own images, here that aren't from a phone.

Are these already gone for some reason?

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
Uhhh... should be good now.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Utnayan posted:

I've spent like an hour at a time humping a single mountain just to see what's on top of it. I mean, I wouldn't exactly call that progress that I'd miss if I forgot to save but I don't think you can exactly use 'progressing the plot' as a measure of how much you've put into this game.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Saigyouji posted:

Do the affinity mission Prospective Partners at level... 34 I think? I think the mission Spy Games is a prerequisite for it, but you need to do that to unlock Chapter 9 anyway.

where does this show up? i'm level 40 but i don't think i ever found that one.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I'm enjoying the game a lot, but I wish it taught you how to play and fight. I already knew stagger/topple/kill from xenoblade but all the Soul Voice stuff is really powerful and they don't tell you poo poo about it.

Is there anything beside's Elma's unique art that causes Stagger toward the beginning? I know some of the Soul Voices do, but are there other arts?
I've noticed I can Topple without Stagger but it doesn't proc very often.

The UI sucks rear end and Green indicating fairly high level enemies is really unintuitive as well.

Also the story is anime as balls. Which is expected after every other game by Takahashi, I suppose.
I predict Elma is actually an alien refugee or something and the other aliens found earth because of her. Also I'm probably a robot or something. For peak anime everyone is a robot and the lifehold is actually a computer.
Am I close?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I remember reading that every Skell model has a unique "Gear" which provides a different bonus during Overdrive. Is this correct, and if so, where can I look up what each one of them does?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Warren posted:

Uhhh... should be good now.

Thanks. Great upgrade.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Motto posted:

I remember reading that every Skell model has a unique "Gear" which provides a different bonus during Overdrive. Is this correct, and if so, where can I look up what each one of them does?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3vx5du/simple_skell_unlock_and_choice_guide/

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Some of these holofigures are pretty good. I did a mission for a flamboyantly gay man and he gave me one called The Perfect Form and its HB with his shirt off.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i have been made aware that when an art says it gets a damage bonus in melee combos, that does not mean that you have to use it after a melee art. just an art specific to your melee weapon. for example, galactic knights can combo starfall rondo off of astral heal.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I found something that sounds like a skell part in a treasure box in a cave in Cauldros (with actual platforming no less) but its name didn't look like anything else I've seen before and now I can't find it in my inventory...

Honestly not knowing anything about this game is probably making it more enjoyable for me, it's like Dark Souls all over again

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I think I've played enough to come to a conclusion about this game at this point...

The world is amazing, probably the best world I've ever played in. The combat is great, a huge improvement over the previous Xenoblade Chronicles. Lin is the only character I find interesting surprisingly, the "I'm gonna eat Tatsu" poo poo is way overdone though.

Almost everything else was better in Xenoblade Chronicles... story, characters, music and voice acting. There's a lot of stuff that is really lovely with XCX like the worst fetch quests I've ever done in a video game and the silent protagonist. Fortunately the combat and world are so good I'm still really enjoying XCX.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Went ahead and deleted Fallout 4 since this makes that game completely worthless. I'm really going to miss the 5x5 tin can textures and wasteland of blurry mud.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Inflammatory posted:

i have been made aware that when an art says it gets a damage bonus in melee combos, that does not mean that you have to use it after a melee art. just an art specific to your melee weapon. for example, galactic knights can combo starfall rondo off of astral heal.

Holy poo poo... This changes everything.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

whaley posted:

Went ahead and deleted Fallout 4 since this makes that game completely worthless. I'm really going to miss the 5x5 tin can textures and wasteland of blurry mud.

Somehow a Wii U game manages to be way better looking then Fallout 4 while being massive and seamless. I didn't think a game like Xenoblade X could honestly exist and here Nintendo is releasing it and saying yeah it can. It's not perfect, the Wii U hardware still holds it back, but this game is a massive technical achievement.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Where the gently caress are beagle squashes or whatever they're called

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Calaveron posted:

http://imgur.com/a/cKegp

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I said come in! posted:

Somehow a Wii U game manages to be way better looking then Fallout 4 while being massive and seamless. I didn't think a game like Xenoblade X could honestly exist and here Nintendo is releasing it and saying yeah it can. It's not perfect, the Wii U hardware still holds it back, but this game is a massive technical achievement.

Eeeeh, the reason it looks so good is because of the massive scale of everything. Try looking closely at anything, characters, monsters, terrain, and you'll notice that it's all fairly low res.
Also, the world design is really good, which helps a lot.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Calaveron posted:

There's a giant ring half-buried in the sea on the South Coast of Oblivia. If you follow the coast north-east from there, you'll find a little cave at the bottom of a shady cliff with a metric shitton of items including squash.

Spoiled because stumbling upon it on my own was just the best feeling

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Broken Cog posted:

Eeeeh, the reason it looks so good is because of the massive scale of everything. Try looking closely at anything, characters, monsters, terrain, and you'll notice that it's all fairly low res.
Also, the world design is really good, which helps a lot.

idk, the humans look lousy yeah but the monsters definitely look good enough even up close imo

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The art team made an unholy pact with some demons, in exchange for the human faces looking like garbage, the art design for everything else is a stellar use of the resources available.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also, man, y'all shut up about the human characters. :mad:

The art's grown on me, and I guess it helps that I like Kunihiko Tanaka's art & character designs in general. Xenogears may be a mess of a game, but the character art was cool, and Xenoblade X's character designs are basically that style of character art rendered in something like high def.

(I do kind of think, if that was the goal, that it would've been better to just go full-bore Guilty Gear Xrd-style flat cell shading with limited animation interpolation, but Xrd's lighting is difficult to pull off in an open world like this and I gather they wanted the landscapes to have a bit more fidelity than that, and so the characters have to "match".)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Most of the faces aren't that bad. Elma, Vandham, Doug, Lao etc are fine. Lin..well she looks like an anime teen.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Huh, do the "DLC" characters also get Heart-to-Hearts? I noticed Boze wasn't where he usually is at some times of day. I wish H2H's were more clearly marked, though I guess they're not super important anyways.

Also I desperately want Boze's second unique Art, goddamn. A ranged art that combos off melee arts? It's the perfect transition piece for full combo action!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Inflammatory posted:

where does this show up? i'm level 40 but i don't think i ever found that one.

It's one of the ones in the barracks, behind the table you take story missions from.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also I desperately want Boze's second unique Art, goddamn. A ranged art that combos off melee arts? It's the perfect transition piece for full combo action!

Yeah, some of the affinity arts are great. There's a knife skill that does ether damage based on debuffs, and Mia gives you an upgraded version of Beam Barrage,

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What level should mechanical be at before advancing other skills? I'm 4/1/1, Ch 4, L17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

Huh, do the "DLC" characters also get Heart-to-Hearts? I noticed Boze wasn't where he usually is at some times of day. I wish H2H's were more clearly marked, though I guess they're not super important anyways.

yeah boze's first heart to heart is just a little ways away from where he usually is, by some parked skells.

Saigyouji posted:

It's one of the ones in the barracks, behind the table you take story missions from.

weird, i still don't have that manufacturer.

• Locked thread