Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

^^
Most importantly: Gage Coins, which allow you to buy attachments/masks/etc at will rather than through random chance (each time you complete a Gage Courier set, you get a Gage Coin that can be used to buy one item). You also no longer need to hold to activate things and can permanently toggle your gadget (laser/flashlight) instead of having to turn it back on every time you switch weapons. Also you can set the corpse limit super high and laugh as you go through heists on a literal carpet of cop bodies.

Dr Cheeto posted:

No loving way.

Like was said - Meltdown. Run in, find the Dozer crate, empty into Dozer face, reset. If you've got bad luck it's maybe a minute for each kill. It's dull as hell but the guaranteed spawn that early makes it pretty simple and quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Furious Mittens posted:

So I installed GoonMod. What are some of the key functionalities that I, as a new PayDay2 player, need to have enabled?
Inventory Extensions, Gage's Mod Shop, Gage Coins. Maybe Ironsight Normalised Sensitivity too.

quote:

Also - a question about unlocking gun modifications. How exactly does it work? I know that some drop from the cards and some are tied to achievements, but what exactly is the process for unlocking mods? I would like to unlock some for the weapons I use primarily, but I can't find a clear answer as to how to make that happen.
Where card drops are concerned, the process is: Blind luck and brute force repetition. Or Gage Coins.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

maswastaken posted:

Inventory Extensions, Gage's Mod Shop, Gage Coins. Maybe Ironsight Normalised Sensitivity too.
Where card drops are concerned, the process is: Blind luck and brute force repetition. Or Gage Coins.

Also: Remember Gadget State is reallllly good. Once you're a little less new I'd recommend Corpse Delimiter and the Weapon Visual Customizer too.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
If you're having trouble with precision aiming, you've got some big problems since the G3 is really good right now. There's a bunch of dozers in general and the 80 something heavy rifle damage shred overkill bulldozers.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Weapon mod notes:

If you're using card drops to get mods, note that the game will stop dropping a particular mod if you have two copies of the mod unattached in your inventory.

Some mods granted by DLC are infinite, in which case you will get them either 1) upon buying the DLC or 2)upon beating the achievement that gives them to you. The remaining mods are associated with the Gage mod courier pack, which works on its own system:

In all heists there are a number of color-coded packages scattered around the map (the higher the difficulty, the more of them there are). Each package that you collect adds 1 to the total for its color. Different colors have a different max value: 5 for the green mantis tubes, 20 for the blue eagle. When you hit the max value, you get one copy of every mod in that package's "set". So, collecting your fifth green mantis package gives you 1 rubber AK grip, 1 milspec sight, 1 holosight, 1 AK short barrel, and 1 competitior's compensator. You can max out sets and collect their mods multiple times. These mods were really excellent when the Gage mod courier DLC came out, and many of them are still very good.

If you have the gagecoin Goonmod mod active, each set of packages you collect will give you one "gagecoin". These coins can be used in your inventory to purchase copies of mods, weapons, masks and mask parts. Gagecoin cannot be used to purchase items that 1) are in DLC you don't own or 2) require an achievement that you don't have.

Goonmod can be edited easily to give you more coins per set of packages. It removes a lot of the game's least appealing grind and random chance mechanics.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Dec 10, 2015

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Discendo Vox posted:

Weapon mod notes:

Nice, this is starting to make sense now. I was wondering why the hell some things were unlocking at random and why others were just sitting there tempting me.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Discendo Vox posted:

Goonmod can be edited easily to give you more coins per set of packages. It removes a lot of the game's least appealing grind and random chance mechanics.

:captainpop:

How can I do this?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Elliotw2 posted:

If you're having trouble with precision aiming, you've got some big problems since the G3 is really good right now. There's a bunch of dozers in general and the 80 something heavy rifle damage shred overkill bulldozers.

The current King of the heavy AR rifle is the m308, which is dlc free. This is, of course a comment which applies to DW.

I was never really impressed with the g3. I'll have to check that out, post rerebalance.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Drewjitsu posted:

The current King of the heavy AR rifle is the m308, which is dlc free. This is, of course a comment which applies to DW.

I was never really impressed with the g3. I'll have to check that out, post rerebalance.

I'd argue that the M308 is a DMR class, along with the DMR kitted AK, AR, and G3. The heavy rifles would be the SCAR for non-DLC players, and the FAL and G3 from the dlc's.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

SCAR is part of Weapon Pack 01.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Drewjitsu posted:

G3 DMR is pretty good, pretty much identical to the M308 now except that I like the way it looks and also the sights on it better than the M308 in my opinion.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Elliotw2 posted:

I'd argue that the M308 is a DMR class, along with the DMR kitted AK, AR, and G3. The heavy rifles would be the SCAR for non-DLC players, and the FAL and G3 from the dlc's.

The only "heavy" rifles in the vanilla game are the AK.762 and the AMR-16, assuming you classify heavy as 80 damage.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Klaus88 posted:

:captainpop:

How can I do this?

After a little research, I think I found your answer:

1. Using Notepad or Wordpad or whatever, open \Steam\steamapps\common\PAYDAY 2\mods\GoonMod\mods\gage_coins.lua
2. Search for the following: ExtendedInv:AddItem(GageCoins.CoinID, 1)
3. Change the "1" to however many coins you'd like to receive when you complete a Gage Courier collection, and then save the file.
4. Profit.

black hold
Jan 30, 2015
Thanks for that, will definitely help out

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

G3 DMR is pretty good, pretty much identical to the M308 now except that I like the way it looks and also the sights on it better than the M308 in my opinion.

Who uses the default sights on guns? Look at this bad opinionhaver.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Psion posted:

hm, I don't know. Boring just means it takes time. Hard means it might not ever happen at all no matter what you do. Given a choice I'd rather have the "it is inevitable you will get this eventually" type over the "it is entirely possible you will play this game 2000 hours and never get it" type.

Obviously having neither would be best because they're both garbage design choices.

If it's something boring that you'd need the go out of your way to do then I really don't like it. The Gecko -and Clarion achievement are fine because they come naturally to me if you use those guns, although what's the point of an achievement of you're going to get it naturally?

The problem with Precision Aiming was that the G3 had enough damage per mag to break all of a dozer's faceplates and then you had to reload and then someone popped him while you were reloading. It is a lot more grindable now that the G3 can take them out in one magdump but you still have to grind it and I really don't want to grind.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Drewjitsu posted:

default sights ftw

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Drewjitsu posted:

Me I do.

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

default sights ftw

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Drewjitsu posted:

Sneaky bastard centered builds.

Otherwise, I use the irons on the SPAS-12/Predator because it looks better that way.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Drewjitsu posted:

Gunfeels

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
That +4 stability is CRUCIAL :byodood:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Jesus christ the M308 is a death machine, especially paired with an HE Judge for shields and dozer stunning. Entire time I was playing with it, I never once needed to hit an ammo bag, and was just popping helmets left and right like an assembly line.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Next heist:

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

Fellis posted:

Next heist:

Shooting Shkreli? Sure, the PD2 gang already has a few hitmen.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
$7 DLC, Bill Murray heister for free.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Bill's mask: The hellcat. An orange ball of fluff and fury that will devour the entrails of cops like lasagna. Trailer would just be Kenny Loggin's "I'm Alright" playing while Murray rushes at cops with a golf club.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

Bill's mask: The hellcat. An orange ball of fluff and fury that will devour the entrails of cops like lasagna.

Two days and one cease & desist letter later, it is replaced by a generic clown mask.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Fellis posted:

Next heist:

So we're working for this guy to make sure he can go back to selling cancer medicine for like 400% more money now? Because we've worked for assholes before and this guy will probably top denying cold fusion.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tempest_56 posted:

Two days and one cease & desist letter later, it is replaced by a generic clown mask.

don't ruin my dreams

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

RandallODim posted:

Jesus christ the M308 is a death machine, especially paired with an HE Judge for shields and dozer stunning. Entire time I was playing with it, I never once needed to hit an ammo bag, and was just popping helmets left and right like an assembly line.

I feel pretty smug to have discovered the M308 early in my playing career in Payday 2. I've tried some of the other guns and they just don't feel as awesome as the M308 to use.

Going to have to try the Judge though, that seems to be my weakness right now playing loud - my backup weapon.

Furious Mittens fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 10, 2015

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If I were to equip the M308 where would my flamethrower go?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Tempest_56 posted:

To be fair, that Quick Change wouldn't be half as weird because we have a clown Murray to go to.

Hell, they could probably just take lines from the film as most of his voice and just pay him or a sound alike to do the rest.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Dec 10, 2015

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

watho posted:

The problem with Precision Aiming was that the G3 had enough damage per mag to break all of a dozer's faceplates and then you had to reload and then someone popped him while you were reloading. It is a lot more grindable now that the G3 can take them out in one magdump but you still have to grind it and I really don't want to grind.

You didn't have to reload if you got close enough so every shot went in the plates. G3 on full auto was less than great, so you had to get really close. I got plenty of single-mag kills on dozers while grinding that challenge out. Also you should be weakening them with HE ahead of time. If teammates are stealing them from you, well, your teammates are probably assholes with RPGs stealing every dozer kill they can.

alternately make a techforcer mag plus build just for the G3 because sometimes you really did just need one more bullet and :argh:

Thankfully none of that is relevant now.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Ouch, beaten. That movie is a forgotten classic.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Crabtree posted:

So we're working for this guy to make sure he can go back to selling cancer medicine for like 400% more money now? Because we've worked for assholes before and this guy will probably top denying cold fusion.

No we would be working for wu-tang to steal their secret album from shkreli. Lobby is restricted to guest heisters method man, ghostface killah, ODB, and bill murray with RZA taking the role of bain, however after you find a clue to the wu tang secret it is revealed that dragan is a secret wu tang member and is also selectable

E: the dlc costs $100,000 and only 10 copies will be sold however per usual, only the lobby owner needs to own the dlc

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The Payday 2 Secret and the Wu-Tang Secret: One in the same. :aaaaa:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

John Murdoch posted:

The Payday 2 Secret and the Wu-Tang Secret: One in the same. :aaaaa:

If the next heister is ODB (they just poorly chop his lines together) I would be the happiest.

Also, they still need to put Lo Wang in the game.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Make it a Stealth heist, with him as an NPC helping on the heist. There's a 10% chance that at some point during the heist, he leans in and whispers to you

...and then shoots you with an un-silenced shotgun, alerting everyone on the map. Before you can react, he jumps off the balcony, never to be seen again.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Goredema posted:

Make it a Stealth heist, with him as an NPC helping on the heist. There's a 10% chance that at some point during the heist, he leans in and whispers to you

...and then shoots you with an un-silenced shotgun, alerting everyone on the map. Before you can react, he jumps off the balcony, never to be seen again.

This would be an A++ troll from Overkill. Cue everyone in your lobby getting pissed off at you and not believing your explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

don't ruin my dreams

I was more referencing the trollface mask and Overkill's dumb handling of that whole situation.

:ssh: your dreams are ruined forever