Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

CrashCat posted:

Can't disrupt those precious MTGO bucks, that would make Wizards cry

I'm surprised they even sell the console games here to be honest

It's a soft launch. Cool your jets lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Sono posted:

Not available in the US? :911:

Apparently the worldwide release is sometime this Thursday.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 10, 2015

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It says it's available for me in the US. So maybe try checking again!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Morter posted:

Is there any non-online game that has a combat mechanic like Terra Battle? I played it for a little while and I really liked the battle system, but I hate having to be connected (stops me from being able to quickly play it while I'm out and about--mountain town = lovely service), and that it's one of those F2P games that necessitates re-rolling or grinding specific missions to get anywhere.

I'll take that as a no?

Also Magic: Puzzle Quest is also available for me, and I'm in east coast US

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I live near home depot so Google pays me to tell them that I haven't been to Home Depot.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I live near home depot so Google pays me to tell them that I haven't been to Home Depot.

This has been my experience lately, i live near a big shopping mall so every time a walk past it i'm asked if i visited X store in the mall. I only got a 5-10p payout but it's a pay out every single day so soon adds up.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Morter posted:

I'll take that as a no?

Also Magic: Puzzle Quest is also available for me, and I'm in east coast US

This just changed in the last 2 hours. I tried to install it from the webpage on my desktop before and it said none of my devices were compatible, and just now it worked.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Am I doing anything drastically wrong in Soda Dungeons by just equipping folks with the best stuff for their class and automating the whole thing?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

MisterBibs posted:

Am I doing anything drastically wrong in Soda Dungeons by just equipping folks with the best stuff for their class and automating the whole thing?
No. You are playing as designed. I play most of the whole thing manually for more in-depth team building and battle strategy that I enjoyed. I also avoided using fork since someone said it would ruin the experience. The only time I auto is for low level grind or loot hunt. To each his own.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Morter posted:

I'll take that as a no?

Terra Battle has a very unique gameplay system, which makes sense because the guy behind FFT, Vagrant Story, and FF12 worked on it. I am not an encyclopedia of tile-swapping games, but with that said no, I haven't ever played anything with close similarity. Are you looking for the whole system TB has, with flanking, element systems, and spells/powers? Or would you be happy with something that is similar in some ways but not necessarily a clone? People might have more suggestions if your requirements are a little looser.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Sono posted:

Google has apparently elected to give me 30 cents per day based on a visit to Lowe's last Wednesday. 3 more days of this and the reward bucks will exceed the cost of my purchase.

Not available in the US? :911:

I really should make an Ingress/Pokemon Go blog effortpost about hacking portals near certain shops to trigger funbucks, then using said funbucks for in-game items.

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal
Re: Soda Dungeon

Collect enough money so that your bank is making 1 million in interest each time you leave the game for a while. Collect your interest, set your phone clock ahead a few hours, collect your interest again, repeat.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I went to petsmart a month ago and Survey keeps asking about it. That or it's curious about the other stores listed, none of which are in the same shopping center.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I work as a database admin, so I get a lot of survey questions about that, what SQL platforms my company runs, etc.

It's nice, but I'm starting to worry that it might ask me for proprietary info, so I'm trying to be extra careful and not sell my job out for a couple of app store funbucks.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know there have been a few gamepad recommendations thrown around here.

What is the recommended one for a Samsung Galaxy S6. My brother isn't tech inclined but played the hell out of virtual stick games. I'd like to get him an easy to use gamepad with a phone holder.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Personally my Healer gets an apprentice wand/magic wand, bat shield and hero's blood as a minimum. Raising MP and status immunity is good for longevity. Only way my run is cut short is if multiple monsters pile onto the healer in a run of bad luck.

Other than that, go nuts with everyone else.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I guess some people are still playing Fallout Shelter because Bethesda just added pets to the game.

There's also some other new crap like the ability evict dwellers and sell all your stuff at once.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

m.hache posted:

I know there have been a few gamepad recommendations thrown around here.

What is the recommended one for a Samsung Galaxy S6. My brother isn't tech inclined but played the hell out of virtual stick games. I'd like to get him an easy to use gamepad with a phone holder.

I picked up a Moga Pro Power when I got my GearVR recently, and I'm really liking it so far. Build quality and comfort are nice, and I haven't run into any sort of compatibility issues.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

wall monitor posted:

I work as a database admin, so I get a lot of survey questions about that, what SQL platforms my company runs, etc.

It's nice, but I'm starting to worry that it might ask me for proprietary info, so I'm trying to be extra careful and not sell my job out for a couple of app store funbucks.

I actually work in the adult industry (website admin stuff, though) and desperately want Google to even being to ask me about it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

I guess some people are still playing Fallout Shelter because Bethesda just added pets to the game.

There's also some other new crap like the ability evict dwellers and sell all your stuff at once.

I played it again to control the Fallout 4 hype but I got to the point one day where everything was fine the night before, but the next morning everything in my vault had disintegrated into chaos. Every resource was in the red, everyone was depressed and starving, Rushing rooms with a 20% chance of fire ALWAYS led to fire (tried it 8 times minimum, nobody is that unlucky), then people were dying because of repeated fires and nonsense, then I got a raider attack. Uninstall.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

New Leaf posted:

Rushing rooms with a 20% chance of fire ALWAYS led to fire (tried it 8 times minimum, nobody is that unlucky

availl me, saint hubertus, for mine sensse of the spergge hast begunne tingeling

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wintermutant posted:

I picked up a Moga Pro Power when I got my GearVR recently, and I'm really liking it so far. Build quality and comfort are nice, and I haven't run into any sort of compatibility issues.

Thanks. Price is reasonable as well.

Hope he likes it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Land Sliders, a casual arcade/adventure game that's gotten some pretty good reviews on iOS is now on Android.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 10, 2015

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone try cosmonautica? It sounds fun but so did that other space game Star Command or whatever it was called.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Do I get the relics for specific classes in Soda Dungeons in order (I got Soda Addict first, then Drifter)? Am I correct in assuming that it's generally better to level the all-class relics before the class-specific ones?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

New Leaf posted:

Rushing rooms with a 20% chance of fire ALWAYS led to fire (tried it 8 times minimum, nobody is that unlucky)

1 in every 390,625 people is that unlucky. That's 25 Fallout Shelter players on Android alone. You were still right to uninstall it, though, it's garbage.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Hey, Scotland Yard is on sale for $0.99 USD/$1.19 CDN, is it worth it? I've never played the actual physical game, how is that?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ravensburgerdigital.ScotlandYardHD

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 11, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

Do I get the relics for specific classes in Soda Dungeons in order (I got Soda Addict first, then Drifter)? Am I correct in assuming that it's generally better to level the all-class relics before the class-specific ones?

yeah, and yeah

the only class relic I've put any points into so far is the soda junkie one. i put like 2 levels into it just for a little boost when i go into a new dimension, so i can make a party full of dinner boys and auto-farm enough gold to skip over a few of the first classes. this probably isn't even necessary, though

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

yeah, and yeah

the only class relic I've put any points into so far is the soda junkie one. i put like 2 levels into it just for a little boost when i go into a new dimension, so i can make a party full of dinner boys and auto-farm enough gold to skip over a few of the first classes. this probably isn't even necessary, though

I had to pump the Fighter one up to like 13 to make the floor 700 boss doable, but that was it.

Also, gently caress all this christmas themed equipment they added. It's all ugly and terrible and gets in the way of actually good equipment dropping.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Len posted:

Anyone try cosmonautica? It sounds fun but so did that other space game Star Command or whatever it was called.

It's actually pretty good and fully developed.

The publisher is very responsive about problems or bugs you find and will personally respond to you (at least he did in my experience) to get more information and to try to provide a fix.

The game itself is quite well polished and has much more depth than Star Command. You can do various things including pirating or trading, bounty hunting, etc., in a fairly open world, it's not a scripted close ended story. Overall the game is very well put together and worth the $5 or so they are asking for it. It also has a PC version available and as far as I know cross-platform cloud saves (though I haven't tried the PC version yet, in the game it indicates the saves are cloud based cross platform).

The game is probably 8/10 in terms of polish and gameplay, a good value with a lot of replay potential.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 11, 2015

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I had to pump the Fighter one up to like 13 to make the floor 700 boss doable, but that was it.

Also, gently caress all this christmas themed equipment they added. It's all ugly and terrible and gets in the way of actually good equipment dropping.

Eventually at the 'end game' such as it is, you get to the point where you're just pumping up your dark mage relic, because they get a single target magic damage spell that will basically one shot anything outside bosses and any physical damage ability doesn't scale nearly as well. End game farming is just 4 of those, plus a knight to prevent ambushes, and then going afk for hours.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I'm new to the game, but I'm digging the carol bells item. Easy to get, and easy to slap on 4/5 of your dudes to farm up gold.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

MisterBibs posted:

I'm new to the game, but I'm digging the carol bells item. Easy to get, and easy to slap on 4/5 of your dudes to farm up gold.

Yeah, these are actually the best gold farming weapon that's been added, as far as I know. Also there's apparently some kind of golden coal rare drop that's the most +magic damage you can get on a hand-held item. Haven't seen one myself, though.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Viper915 posted:

I really enjoyed Another Case Solved and got significant playtime out of it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noodlecake.anothercasesolved&hl=en

It has in-app purchases but they're easily disregarded, you can play the entire game without spending a penny. There is a mild 'energy' system but I didn't find it cumbersome, but you wouldn't be able to beat it in one sitting I guess.

I picked this up when you mentioned it, and I'm loving the game. Definitely a game I would be happy to pay $5 for the full version of, and I don't feel like the paid options are bad at all. I did buy the thing that doubles your earnings, and removes ads, but that's about all I think is needed.

Great game. I hope a few others in the thread check it out.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Has anyone been playing the Star Wars uprising game? Looks like it came out a while ago, but I couldn't find any posts or comments about it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apogee15 posted:

Has anyone been playing the Star Wars uprising game? Looks like it came out a while ago, but I couldn't find any posts or comments about it.
Is that different than the one that has a code on almost every page lately? I can't keep track of this poo poo

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

CrashCat posted:

Is that different than the one that has a code on almost every page lately? I can't keep track of this poo poo

It's the one like Diablo.

It's fun but unless you like collecting loot and customizing your guy there isn't that much to it. I kinda got bored of it after a week.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Dec 12, 2015

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Google Surveys has recently been asking me if I have ever visited stores that I have never even heard of, and certainly don't exist within 60 miles of me. Oh well, I'm up to almost $15 in just 6 months of having it installed :getin: .

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I totally want to visit Kelp's Wild Water Slides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
Someone get on making a water park by that name just to gently caress with Google, tia.