Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MisterGBH posted:

So the backstage stuff fascinating about relationships and dating. Are Becky Lynch and Finn Balor dating?
The real deal with Finn Balor is he's the NXT Champion. He's in his 30's, unmarried, and resides in Florida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Finn has no space in his heart for anything but Legos

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

St Evan Echoes posted:

The real deal with Finn Balor is he's the NXT Champion. He's in his 30's, unmarried, and resides in Florida.

"I think Vince gets stupider every year."
"That's not a question, professor!"

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Smoking Crow posted:

you become old at 27

I should be living in a retirement community by now, but I can't because of those ageist 55 and older housing developments

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Very quickly into the match, Naoki tears Jushin's mask essentially in half and for the remainder of the match it is merely hanging around his neck, much or all of his face exposed to camera for the remainder. In addition to the mask, at the same time he is busted wide open. After the match, Liger is being presented with the spoils of winning the championship yet he forcibly throws the title belt down twice and storms off.

Sano left the company shortly after and I really feel that Liger, or any masked wrestler, wouldn't agree to basically go out and wrestle without their game face on. And to happen so early into the match, the pacing seems totally off.

Question: Was this a shoot? Am I the mark? Tia.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

You're being worked. Liger was upset that the match was such a loving brutal brawl and he got his rear end kicked for the most of it. Liger and Naiko had a series of really good matched from July 80 to this match here - the first one ended in a double KO and Naiko won the next two.

Also Yamada stopped using the Shooting Star Press when he became Liger but once his mask is torn off he just goes 'gently caress it, they can see who's under the mask anyway' and hits the SSP to win.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Blasmeister posted:

Finn has no space in his heart for anything but Legos

he has a long dick (akin to a sousage)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What was that match where Liger gets his mask ripped off, there's another mask under it, and he goes Super Saiyan and wins?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

What was that match where Liger gets his mask ripped off, there's another mask under it, and he goes Super Saiyan and wins?

Liger Vs The Great Muta

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

He goes all Great Liger and loses actually in that match. Expected outcome really, Light heavyweights don't beat heavyweights in 90's NJPW.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 9, 2015

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Gonzo McFee posted:

Liger Vs The Great Muta

Yeah their first one i nthe mid 90's. I'm not the biggest Japanese wrestling fan, but this is an epic match tbf.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

remusclaw posted:

He goes all Great Liger and loses actually in that match. Expected outcome really, Light heavyweights don't beat heavyweights in 90's NJPW.

Or today!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lightweights light wait brother

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

HerraS posted:

Also Yamada stopped using the Shooting Star Press when he became Liger but once his mask is torn off he just goes 'gently caress it, they can see who's under the mask anyway' and hits the SSP to win.

Liger used the SSP for a while, didn't he? I know specifically he used it in a match against Wild Pegasus.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

I remembered last night how much enjoyment and surprise I got out of the gauntlet match on Raw that Daniel Bryan was thrown into. The one that started against Jack Swagger and then Cesaro. The Cesaro part to me seemed to come completely out of left field with how WWE allowed both of them to put an not just an amazing match but one that was allowed to run for a decent length as well.

Here is a link to the match in question on the network.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31352403/milestone/31358067

My question is, what are some other WWE/WCW matches that surprised everyone with little to no build that was broadcast on the weekly shows? I guess the Jeff Hardy/UT ladder match could be classed as that as well?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

freeranger posted:

I remembered last night how much enjoyment and surprise I got out of the gauntlet match on Raw that Daniel Bryan was thrown into. The one that started against Jack Swagger and then Cesaro. The Cesaro part to me seemed to come completely out of left field with how WWE allowed both of them to put an not just an amazing match but one that was allowed to run for a decent length as well.

Here is a link to the match in question on the network.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v31352403/milestone/31358067

My question is, what are some other WWE/WCW matches that surprised everyone with little to no build that was broadcast on the weekly shows? I guess the Jeff Hardy/UT ladder match could be classed as that as well?

Wow I forgot about that. It really is odd how wwe can be dedicated to totally ruining people but every now and then letting them do something awesome. I dunno if it's a "well we did this for you so now you have to do this" type of thing or what

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

They're a lot more arbitrary today about what constitutes a heavyweight though

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I don't remember who said it, but the gist was that the most likely reason the Light Heavyweights aren't a draw like they used to be is all the top heavyweights are working a light Heavyweight style anyway.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Meltzer said that on a podcast recently. Dont remember which one but I was parking at best buy when I was listening to it

edit: one of the hall of fame rundown ones i think

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

freeranger posted:

Benoit/Jericho vs Austin/HHH and then TLC 3 the very next night. The Ruthless Aggression era was full of this, especially on Smackdown.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There's also the time Smackdown did the 15-man Royal Rumble match directly after the Rumble PPV happened.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

freeranger posted:

HBK/Shelton

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I recall one time Nitro opened with a 30 minute lucha tag that was awesome and obviously meant nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
HBK Vs Cena that went nearly an hour because Orton had that tantrum in a hotel room.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Do you guys think Punk still talks to some of the WWE wrestlers regularly?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Supposedly he's still pals with Kofi.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NickRoweFillea posted:

Kofi, Batista (if he counts), Zack Ryder, Big E, Tyson Kidd, Cesaro, Corey Graves, Samoa Joe I'd strongly assume.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Yeah the three dudes that came to mind were Kofi (bus buds) Batista (Marvel buds) and Joe (indie buds). I'm just watching old PPVs with him in it and thinking about him. Miss you Punk. Hope you beat the poo poo out of some cans off the street and get your rear end kicked in your first fight against a non-can so you can retire to your apartment to angrily write comics and watch your wife game

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I hope when Punk is in the hospital recovering from her first fight he at least takes some comfort in seeing how many wwe fans walked away when he and Bryan were gone

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Does anybody know how Perry Saturn's doing right now? I heard a rumor that he went missing again but I haven't been able to find anything about that online

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

rovert posted:

Samoa Joe I'd strongly assume.

I'd imagine it goes like that.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

NickRoweFillea posted:

He and Johnny Curtis always seemed like buds. He even got to be on Punk's bowling team when they played Nerdist.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dsriggs posted:

I'd imagine it goes like that.

I've never understood what the green thing in punks mouth is supposed to be

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

I've never understood what the green thing in punks mouth is supposed to be

Chewing gum, duh

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
No gum is that green it just makes me think he has asparagus in his molars

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Rusty Shackelford posted:

But Adonis & Dusty were able to take those bad gimmicks and make it work. Red Rooster was a poo poo gimmick that didn't work, but they continued to push for like 6 months. Did you know that the Red Rooster was on Hogan's team at the Survivor Series that year?

He was actually on the team opposing Hogan, and the first one eliminated, but still, main event.

And while checking this, I discovered that he basically debuted in August 1988, got the Red Rooster gimmick immediately more or less, and left in June 1990, which meant he had the gimmick for nearly TWO YEARS.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, he was at Survivor Series the following year too on Dusty's team (where he managed to do better. Made it to nearly the end before losing to Big Bossman).

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
At what point did countouts go from 20 seconds to 10? And why?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Aesop Poprock posted:

No gum is that green it just makes me think he has asparagus in his molars

I made it pink originally but it looked like he had a lumpy tongue.

Amazed that people still have that picture lying around because God drat it's terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostpilot posted:

At what point did countouts go from 20 seconds to 10? And why?

10 counts have always been a WWE thing - been that way forever