Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Neith posted:

No. Unless you want to drop some buckets on it, it's not worth it imo.

If my son wasn't playing my account Id give you mine. It's all play to win imo. I guess in my old age with no time and no desire to spend 1000's on a character it just isn't worth it to me. It had a lot of potential though to be a great game.

that train has passed friend.

I believe this entire thing was a cash grab for XL games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

DancingShade posted:

and play "who swiped the credit card the most" in PVP

You almost have to experience the game to know how true this is. Not that I recommend doing so because ArcheAge, but if you spend enough cash on the game you're simply in another league of stats on your character. Until you fight someone else who swiped their credit card the game just becomes point-and-click death for anyone else. Three or four seconds of stunlocking and a regular player is dead while half a raid of them might be able to start to put together enough damage that you'll have to use(spend more cash on) consumable heals before you kill them all.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Status update, November 29, 2015.

PCOS Bill still enjoys ArcheAge.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Blocking and griefing was my main source of entertainment. Archeage used to be a salt factory second to none.

When you aren't griefing your options are to just play the game and holy poo poo there is nothing else to do except make gold mindlessly and play "who swiped the credit card the most" in PVP. If I wanted to grind endlessly for tiny incremental character improvements I'd still be playing Perfect World International.

I've deleted my Archeage install for... I want to say the third time? This time it's for good.

If you were a true griefer, you would have reported some of those for being racist LOL.

Sad to say, but if there ever was a private server for this game id try it out.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PCOS Bill posted:

The hero we deserve.

futile
May 18, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

You glorious son of a bitch.

Bozonofski
Sep 22, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm with you Bill. The game is poo poo, but it's still glorious.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

PCOS Bill posted:

your wife looks like a man

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't believe you :colbert:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

your wife looks like a man

i couldn't figure out where this came from and then I looked at his rap sheet

:yikes:

crazystray
Aug 7, 2005
Grow or die.

Meskhenet posted:

If you were a true griefer, you would have reported some of those for being racist LOL.

Sad to say, but if there ever was a private server for this game id try it out.

I wouldn't even be sad about it. The framework and sandbox has so much potential, a competently run private server could easily be amazing.

madmulligan
Dec 21, 2014
http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/673/ArcheAge-Lapis-Fae-Wing-Glider-Giveaway.html

Don't know how many are still playing but free glider give away.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
We've all moved on to bitching about Albion Online instead.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I just got sent this

never stop trion, never stop

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Isn't it basically just whales at this point due to sunk costs?

Months after I quit, I found out that almost every one of the obnoxious pvpers paid hundreds of dollars or more for gear. These same guys keep moving from guild to guild, as each guild implodes due to the drama that forms when lovely, toxic people get together. It makes great reading at work when there's nothing else available.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The fresh start server is actually a lot of fun and the game is slowly changing for the better wrt rng and gearing.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

We've all moved on to bitching about Albion Online instead.

I haven't bought into the beta yet, and there's 1000 unread posts in the thread since I looked at it last. What are people bitching about?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The same thing as every 30$ f2p game:

1) "lookit these pubbie tears" *post chat log*
2) "lookit these forum posts by these mental cases" *post link to official forums*
3) The balance is hosed, lets tell the devs *gets banned*

Its a nice wild west again.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

ruffz posted:

I haven't bought into the beta yet, and there's 1000 unread posts in the thread since I looked at it last. What are people bitching about?

Albion tries to pass itself off as the next UO/Eve then does everything possible to shove a loving MOBA down your throat. PvP with too many people and poo poo starts happening like your precise, real-time position showing up on the map down to individual icons for each person, targets getting upwards of 50% damage mitigation before defenses, enemy spells doing enough additional damage granted to them by the server to one shot every last person in an AoE spell radius.

Then territory is hard coded by game mechanics to only ever allow 5 people MOBA matches to determine victory. Every single other person in entire alliances does nothing but farm and donate resources then check the sports page the next day to see if their team won and they keep their territory.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SumYungGui posted:

Albion tries to pass itself off as the next UO/Eve then does everything possible to shove a loving MOBA down your throat. PvP with too many people and poo poo starts happening like your precise, real-time position showing up on the map down to individual icons for each person, targets getting upwards of 50% damage mitigation before defenses, enemy spells doing enough additional damage granted to them by the server to one shot every last person in an AoE spell radius.

Then territory is hard coded by game mechanics to only ever allow 5 people MOBA matches to determine victory. Every single other person in entire alliances does nothing but farm and donate resources then check the sports page the next day to see if their team won and they keep their territory.

That sounds really bad.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Sounds like Archeage is the superior MMO

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
My beef with Albion is that the only justification for circa 1998 gameplay would be an incredibly rich and interesting metagame and so far I am not seeing the signs that is in the cards.

maporfic
Dec 11, 2015

Deki posted:

Isn't it basically just whales at this point due to sunk costs?

Months after I quit, I found out that almost every one of the obnoxious pvpers paid hundreds of dollars or more for gear. These same guys keep moving from guild to guild, as each guild implodes due to the drama that forms when lovely, toxic people get together. It makes great reading at work when there's nothing else available.

Mostly accurate, but add another zero. I know many players who paid thousands to get an edge. Had a friend with over $5k in gear, was fun to fight beside him. Seems pretty steep for a game that peaked after 6 months and tanked after 10 months. People caught on to the 'Pay to Win' factor and started dropping like flies. In the end it was like a bad poker game with players continually buying the pot.

Was fun while it lasted. There are so many things in AA that are unique from other MMO's.

SwifferDusters
May 2, 2014
Is there a goon guild on Morpheus?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SwifferDusters posted:

Is there a goon guild

no

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

SwifferDusters posted:

Is there a goon guild on Morpheus?

goons all quit playing this game a year ago and deleted it

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Even worst MMOs usually have some lovely goon guild with like four active players that constantly harass a thread for new blood. Archeage doesn't even have that. It's just gone.

Think about that.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hi I play and enjoy ArcheAge

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Goon guilds are poo poo unless they have good leadership, good luck with that.

I also play and enjoy, but definitely roll on morpheus if you start playing this game fresh.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.

Eltoasto posted:

Goon guilds are poo poo unless they have good leadership, good luck with that.

I also play and enjoy, but definitely roll on morpheus if you start playing this game fresh.

Anything but Aranzeb. Talk about a horrible server choice. Whose idea was it to take on FC?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aranzeb is the best server

Bozonofski
Sep 22, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

Aranzeb is the best server

It's true.

Forest Crow are done now as well - they split.

Add Bozar on Aranzeb

Nerolus
Mar 12, 2010

"He smells like roast chicken, looks like burnt meatloaf."
Just finished installing the game and read this page as I launched the updater. I am now uninstalling. :(

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
finally someone listened

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Tell me about this fresh start server, also is botting still the way most players enjoy this game?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Tell me about this fresh start server, also is botting still the way most players enjoy this game?

This would require you to suspend the disbelief and say that any players still enjoy this game. Seriously even the most poopsocked poopsockers are gone now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Yeah, Wildstar is just dead since it relies on raids with ridiculous attunement and stuff like that for content.

That's not true anymore.

Does archage have a regular english speaking population? I heard it was all bots and I don't want to waste time downloading if that's the case :ohdear:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Rhymenoserous posted:

That's not true anymore.

Does archage have a regular english speaking population? I heard it was all bots and I don't want to waste time downloading if that's the case :ohdear:

On the NA servers? yes. If you start a new char, do it on morpheus

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Hypothetically, let's say I want to play this Game, and I wanna hang out with goons sometimes and click some stuff and maybe do some relaxing poo poo like building my house.

Is this game for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Michaellaneous posted:

Hypothetically, let's say I want to play this Game, and I wanna hang out with goons sometimes and click some stuff and maybe do some relaxing poo poo like building my house.

Is this game for me?

No, since virtually no goons even play anymore, and this game isn't relaxing, and there isn't any decent land to build your house on.

This game is awful whenever you're not pirating on the open ocean, and even that is probably a dead activity.

Avoid this game at all costs.

• Locked thread