Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Cloak behind him and back out of combat then run by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

TurnipFritter posted:

Thanks for the directions y'all, I'll get to it in a bit.

Ok, so what about this rear end in a top hat. It's planted right in front of where I need to go and is level 50, twenty levels higher than my main. It always wakes up when I get too close. Skells are a no go because the level 50 giant spiders are around and will aggro at them.

Only way I was able to get past was using the full metal Jaguars ghost walk buff by targeting something out of range and using it ( you'll need tp for this) and then walking past before the invisibility wore off. You might need to drop your party members so they don't aggro the mobs

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Senerio posted:

Then, can you get to the side, and then slide down the wall next to the entrance or does that trigger him too?

It seems like his radius of attention specifically covers the collectible, you can walk past him just fine but as soon as you're about to pick it up he aggros you.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

horriblePencilist posted:

You can't, it's just a hole in the wall. I tried it several times as well but no dice.
Also, what's the quickest way to powerlevel affinity?

Doing basic missions does pretty well. Doing soul echos in combat increases it. Not sure if there's any way to go faster than that.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Dec 10, 2015

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am about level 23 or so going down the Samurai gunner path. I am still using a lot of the basic drifter abilities, and basically still feel like I have no idea what I am doing. Is it worth using Burst Grenade over Flame Grenade? It does 2x the damage and has a shorter cool down, but uses TP. Right now my only abilities that use TP are offensive stance and defensive stance, but I pretty much only use one of those for soul voices, I am not even sure how much they help. I wish there was a way to see how much dps crit III or whatever adds.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The class I chose starts with a raygun and knife with the ultimate goal of getting a photon sword because Shulk and it said it's for advanced players and I'm no little bitch. Is it a stupid path?

Speaking of, random question, but remember the first trailer showed what most people thought was Shulk? Was that a stupid tease toward nothing or is there something to it? I secretly wish this world is the world that Shulk created but it doesn't sound like they did anything cool with the story.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I wish there was a unique cutscene every time a party member gets their first Skell. Alexa and Lin are so pumped to get their own, but when you assign one to them they ride it like it's no big deal.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

Eopia posted:

Once you've maxed out Duelist, equip that level 1 ramjet rifle alongside your Lightsaber and load up on the melee arts. Galactic Knight is all about the super high damage melee combos, so you can ignore ranged arts pretty much entirely and just let that rifle generate you 300 tp per shot.

Whoa wait how do you get the ramjet rifle back after Alexa's quest?

Also I made the horrible mistake of finishing bastion warrior and then going to enforcer, using spikes and beam blaster as my primary damage. Turns out doing so also makes me pull all the aggro, all the time, without the ability to eat damage. It'd be really effective if I could just not melt after 15 seconds!

PsychoInternetHawk fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 10, 2015

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is there anything I need to know about Skells that I won't figure out from just playing? Just got my first.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Louisgod posted:

The class I chose starts with a raygun and knife with the ultimate goal of getting a photon sword because Shulk and it said it's for advanced players and I'm no little bitch. Is it a stupid path?

Speaking of, random question, but remember the first trailer showed what most people thought was Shulk? Was that a stupid tease toward nothing or is there something to it? I secretly wish this world is the world that Shulk created but it doesn't sound like they did anything cool with the story.

Photon Sabres are very good, as is Galactic Knight

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Louisgod posted:

photon sabers are insanely good

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Good, I'm looking forward to cutting poo poo up Kylo Ren style, unless Kylo Ren turns out to be stupid, so I may be Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight style instead.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I really need to figure out this money thing. I have probes set up to get me like 17k and thought that was good but I can barely ever afford anything and after seeing some posts here I'm just :psyduck:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Levantine posted:

photon sabers are insanely good

Damage like crazy. Those little shoulder cannons kind of suck though and led to a few wipes when I accidentally used the AOE ability as part of a soul voice combo and hit a nearby giant monster nearby.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I had money. Then I got Skells.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

bloodychill posted:

Damage like crazy. Those little shoulder cannons kind of suck though and led to a few wipes when I accidentally used the AOE ability as part of a soul voice combo and hit a nearby giant monster nearby.

Yes, I plan on mastering Galactic Knight so I can take my lightsabers over to a class with a better ranged weapon. That AoE is super dangerous. Maybe sniper rifle? I don't know, I don't do much ranged stuff.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

It feels like nearly every new character I unlock is a Galactic Knight, and I can't tell if that's because the game expects every player to go Samurai Gunner and wanted to give them a chance to have one in the party, or if it's because the game expects every player to go Galactic Knight and wanted to make sure you could use their Affinity skills.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So is the guide actually worth getting, or riddled with inaccuracies?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So is the guide actually worth getting, or riddled with inaccuracies?

I read "guide" as "game" and was about to share some bad news about its historic and scientific accuracy.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Thanks for the directions y'all, I'll get to it in a bit.

Ok, so what about this rear end in a top hat. It's planted right in front of where I need to go and is level 50, twenty levels higher than my main. It always wakes up when I get too close. Skells are a no go because the level 50 giant spiders are around and will aggro at them.

Elma should have an art called Shadowrunner that lets you cruise around undetected for a bit, just target any enemy, pop it, and B out of combat. You can use it to sneak past all sorts of enemy bottlenecks. I'm not sure if there's a "correct" way to grab that item though

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tender Bender posted:

I read "guide" as "game" and was about to share some bad news about its historic and scientific accuracy.

"Wait a few years and find out..."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Asking the hard hitting questions here game...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Asking the hard hitting questions here game...

"oh um er well y'see *gets really flustered and acts like sex is this bizarre and terrifying verboten act* idk lol"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Also a quick yes/no to getting the guide would be helpful so I know if its worth grabbing while I have time before work starts.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Looper posted:

"oh um er well y'see *gets really flustered and acts like sex is this bizarre and terrifying verboten act* idk lol"

I think of Hope as a nun as it makes her scenes funnier but also make more sense.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also a quick yes/no to getting the guide would be helpful so I know if its worth grabbing while I have time before work starts.

Some people have said it was really useful. I haven't seen any people say it was flat-out bad. Some of the scans from it have been popular both here and on reddit soooo seems like it's not a bad buy.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, the only really worthwhile thing is the collectables and sidequest guides and people already have that poo poo up everywhere online.

It is convenient for right now though

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zore posted:

No, the only really worthwhile thing is the collectables and sidequest guides and people already have that poo poo up everywhere online.

It is convenient for right now though

I'd rather have those in something I can glance through on-hand and indexed than click through considering how much content there is, so thats good enough for me.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Elma asked me what would make the best pet and I said her and she literally scheduled me an appointment with a neurologist what is this

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Out of the 38 that have managed it, I am one of the people who have slain Nu-rhor the Dark Deity, and I did it solo since my ai party members in lvl 30 skells were killed immediately, not bad against a level 65 Tyrant.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Soooo, where is the fourth key for this white gold?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Looper posted:

Elma asked me what would make the best pet and I said her and she literally scheduled me an appointment with a neurologist what is this

You got owned

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Looper posted:

Elma should have an art called Shadowrunner that lets you cruise around undetected for a bit, just target any enemy, pop it, and B out of combat. You can use it to sneak past all sorts of enemy bottlenecks. I'm not sure if there's a "correct" way to grab that item though

What I did was use the rocks at one of the entrances to jump up above and make my way over there in my Skell without aggroing the giant crabs, then drop down right on top of that spot which got me the item without a fight at all.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think you get kind of owned no matter what you say there.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Fully levelling Mastermind nets you Secondary Accelerator, a skill that can lower secondary cooldown by up to 50%, which goes insanely well with hyperoffensive weapons like Dual Blades. You wouldn't believe how quickly backslash fully charges during overdrive.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dastardly posted:

Yeah but also to see how far I can push my revenue and mining.

Oh so you're the people that have turned Provisioners into the go to Division.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
You know I'm really torn because I think Sylvalum has my favorite music, but its also where my skell insurance ends up getting abused because somehow a 50 story giant robot is REALLY good at sneaking up on you.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Whoa wait how do you get the ramjet rifle back after Alexa's quest?

Also I made the horrible mistake of finishing bastion warrior and then going to enforcer, using spikes and beam blaster as my primary damage. Turns out doing so also makes me pull all the aggro, all the time, without the ability to eat damage. It'd be really effective if I could just not melt after 15 seconds!

Missed this earlier, I just checked my gear after the mission was over and it was still in there for me to use. Not sure if it was because of my choice of enemy at the end or what, but if it matters I picked the pack of smaller enemies over the single large enemy.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

zedprime posted:

You know I'm really torn because I think Sylvalum has my favorite music, but its also where my skell insurance ends up getting abused because somehow a 50 story giant robot is REALLY good at sneaking up on you.

I mean, your own skell has amazing stealth skills, so it's only fair that it works the other way around.

As far as favourite music goes though, Noctilum's day theme has really grown on me. Dunno what the Cauldros themes are like yet, though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

zedprime posted:

Sylvalum is second only to Noctilum in how sneakily it wants you to die. It projects this aura of peacefulness but then BAM plants attacking you BAM hill's attacking you, oh you running towards that statue BAM THE STATUE IS AN ENEMY OH AND THERE WAS A THALUS ON THAT WALL.

I fully suspect I'll eventually get up to that giant glowing sphere thing there and it'll just be an enemy. Just like how the super creepy red root section in the north of Noctilum is probably going to just rise up and kill me when I fly there in ten thousand years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I don't care what anyone says, I love the Ma-non. They have the best animations, quests and all just want to have a good time.

• Locked thread