Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

Adar posted:

If all else fails, a brokered convention as such is a near impossibility because none of the first tier candidates would jump on the nomination sword. For it to work out they would have to have a savior candidate who could outpoll Hillary without many of the Trump voters. That person doesn't exist.

Mitt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

I would order the box set of the wacky sitcom that was the gingrich/santorum white house

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Paradoxish posted:

So, what, 59% are just like "No, blatantly racist and hateful messaging isn't insulting and wrong at all, why do you ask?"

:smith:

Reading that tweet, it's 41% disagree, 14% agree, and the remainder are undecided or ambivalent.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

wow, you can be funny

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Fun fact: the Chairman of the Republican National Convention, who would be in the position to recognize nominations after the first round of balloting is... Paul D. Ryan.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
45% Hillary, 27% Trump, 15% Mitt

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Joementum if Trump is still leading Mid January what would your position be at that point?

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

JT Jag posted:

And by 'we' you mean the House Select Benghazi Committee, Fox News, right wing blogs, internet commenters, and no one else

Also, you know - the FBI

But otherwise yes, just those biased groups.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hollismason posted:

Joementum if Trump is still leading Mid January what would your position be at that point?

That he will not win the nomination.

As I've said before, I won't be convinced otherwise unless he has a majority of delegates after Super Tuesday (March 1).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

TheDisreputableDog posted:

Also, you know - the FBI

And then you go and ruin your streak of good posts.

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005
Yo what happens if Hillary gets indicted

Trump vs Bernie - the RNC just might roll the dice there.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Hillary won't get indicted (because she did nothing to get indicted for) so this is absolutely pointless.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Also, you know - the FBI

I wanna find a way to film your universe, I'll make millions.

Oh wait, it's just Fox News, isn't it?

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine

zoux posted:

Actual article is behind a paywall but:

How is it weighted?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Is your gimmick that you are lifting comments straight out of foxnews.com articles and posting them here?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Also, you know - the FBI

Didn't the FBI clear Hillary recently though?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Is your gimmick that you are lifting comments straight out of foxnews.com articles and posting them here?

I'd frankly like him more if this were the case, sadly

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

JT Jag posted:

it essentially comes down to one guy, and yes it is a possibility

A Winner is Jew posted:

no

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Hillary won't get indicted (because she did nothing to get indicted for) so this is absolutely pointless.

Just so we're clear -

Petraeus writes down information that's classified in a physical notebook, locks it in his drawer, never shows anyone = federal conviction, six figure fine, 2 years probation

Hillary runs hundreds if not thousands of emails with classified data on a server sitting on the internet in a bathroom closet, no one can say for sure it wasn't compromised = nbd, no crime

Do I have that right

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Just so we're clear -

Petraeus writes down information that's classified in a physical notebook, locks it in his drawer, never shows anyone = federal conviction, six figure fine, 2 years probation

Hillary runs hundreds if not thousands of emails with classified data on a server sitting on the internet in a bathroom closet, no one can say for sure it wasn't compromised = nbd, no crime

Do I have that right

You were right don't ruin it by acting like a dumb rear end

It comes down to FBI Chief Comey

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Just so we're clear -

Do I have that right

Reminder that Petraeus gave information his girlfriend who then published it.

Also, none of the information on her server was classified at the time -- it was classified after the fact -- in intra-departmental squabbling. But hey, if you want to keep bringing up Benghazi and emails and whatever, sure -- it's been such a winner for y'all.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

baw posted:

You were right don't ruin it by acting like a dumb rear end

It comes down to FBI Chief Comey

Doesn't it actually come down to Lorreta Lynch, who will never in a million years actually prosecute Hillary for anything?

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine

zoux posted:

Actual article is behind a paywall but:

http://rvrcommunity.businesscatalyst.com/lifestyle/wall-street-journal-login

The article states

quote:

Donald Trump’s proposal to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. is opposed by a solid majority of Americans, but there is more support for the idea and greater anti-Muslim sentiment within the Republican Party, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll finds.

Those views within the party have helped Mr. Trump weather yet another political storm, as the poll found his favorability rating undiminished among GOP primary voters over the last six weeks.

Some 57% of survey respondents objected to the proposed Muslim ban—most of them saying they objected strongly—while 25% favored it.
Among Republican primary voters, 39% opposed and 38% supported the idea, which has been the subject of heated debate since Monday, when Mr. Trump called for a “total and complete shutdown” of Muslims’ entry into the country.

Although the poll found that nearly two thirds of Americans have a favorable view of Muslims, anti-Muslim sentiment among Republicans is strong: Half of GOP primary voters have an unfavorable view of Muslims.

Stop freaking out guys. He can't bash muslims and win a general election.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

MC Nietzche posted:

Doesn't it actually come down to Lorreta Lynch, who will never in a million years actually prosecute Hillary for anything?

If she decided to block an indictment recommended by the FBI it would be a poo poo storm

TheDisreputableDog
Oct 13, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

They walked back the classification of some of the data in her emails as "top secret". Everyone on the left started high fiving, but that's only one categorization within the classified data spectrum

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I was lolling more at the 85% of GOP primary voters being down with Trump's unconscionable racism on the same day that the party apparatchiks are plotting die Endlossung to the Trumpfrage.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Obama was smart enough to know the FBI wouldn't find anything despite not being briefed on the investigation
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/262639-obama-not-briefed-on-clinton-investigation

CalmDownMate
Dec 3, 2015

by Shine
Why the gently caress are we talking about Clinton Emails?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

A Winner is Jew posted:

Clearing would imply she ever faced a charge or criminal investigation.

The FBI was and is culling for classified data to ensure all the classified info, which the state dept had stupidly and ineptly and against regulation left stored on unsecured networks, could be identified, ramifications identified, and information stored or destroyed properly.

Think accident investigator versus criminal investigation.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

CalmDownMate posted:

Because TheDisreputableDog is a deceptively effective troll.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Reason will prevail!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPFsNtxH7FA

Seriously, this is pretty much all I can see in a situation like this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

CalmDownMate posted:

cause people are getting trolled hardcore.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
To be fair trolling D&D is stupid easy. All you really have to do is say "I disagree".

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

fishmech posted:

I wouldn't trade that because it would probably have horrible climate and environmental effects, and again it still wouldn't actually supply the US because the sun ain't shining at night.

There has been a lot of progress in this regard—I know at least one thermal-solar plant has been able to maintain power output for ~15 hours with no sun, so it's able to provide uninterrupted power overnight. Obviously doesn't solve getting electricity from Nevada to Maine, but there are some much more flexible options out there than straight up photovoltaics.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

To be fair trolling D&D is stupid easy. All you really have to do is say "I disagree".

Actually, it's pretty difficult to troll D&D well.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

The less infamous you are the better, I think. It's a balancing act.

No one buys MIGF's shtick anymore, for instance.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

So I guess people are just dismissing the possibility that Hillary could face indictment, despite the evidence presented that it is a real possibility.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

Turns out Joe is a dyed in the wool New Hampshire libertarian who loves watching liberals circlejerk at whatever morsel he drops in our laps

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Joementum posted:

I think you're right, but I don't think you're going to convince anyone if you phrase it like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

baw posted:

So I guess people are just dismissing the possibility that Hillary could face indictment, despite the evidence presented that it is a real possibility.

Hillary Clinton is the most vetted presidential candidate in history. If they were going to get her on something they would have by now.

• Locked thread