Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Otisburg posted:

post ur given name so we can sit in judgement as to whether it is better or worse as a name than "kayleen."

ursula

which is normal :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Otisburg posted:

post ur given name so we can sit in judgement as to whether it is better or worse as a name than "kayleen."

My name is actually "Kaleine" which is obviously superior

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

YeahTubaMike posted:

ursula

which is normal :colbert:

for drag queen sea monsters and genre fiction writers, maybe

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Otisburg posted:

"M4 drag queen sea monsters and genre fiction writers maybe" is actually the title of my Craigslist personal

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Otisburg posted:

and eastern european grandmothers too, i suppose

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Captain Yossarian posted:

Idgi she seems cute and cool? Also charge your loving phone Jesus :prepop:

Not my phone - I got it off imgur.

And yeah she's cute, I posted this here because I thought her comment was funny, chill people.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

loquacius posted:

It only really works in my head if the voice saying it has a Southern accent

Yeah basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGEubdH8m0s

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

loquacius posted:

"M4 drag queen sea monsters and genre fiction writers maybe" is actually the title of my Craigslist personal

I have seen serious replies w/ dick pics to an ad titled "wrestle my giant eel".

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Well, do you?

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
It's a fair question, to be honest.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Is kayleen on that blackboard with that basic bitch blond mom white board of baby names?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Tinder, the best place to hunt for new friends.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"...5'4"

Why would I care about your height if I just wanted to platonically play board games and talk about lovely MOBAs? What possible difference does it make how tall you are if you're just "looking for friends?"

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
It's all about plausible deniability :ssh:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

chatting back and forth with a qt on tindr, things are going p good and she seems cool. she's studying to work in a similar industry to mine, i mention cool i work at such and such place. she says oh really i start there in a week. uh oh. okay there are two buildings, which one? ofc mine. ofc in a position where i could potentially be at least semi-supervisory to her, ofc in an overlapping shift.

so i have to awkwardly back off and say "welp i guess that kind of puts the kibosh on asking you out... so uh i guess i'll see you around there, and uh it's a great place to work glhf"

thanks, obama

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
She probably has a few cute friends though. Put some work in, son!

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Otisburg posted:

chatting back and forth with a qt on tindr, things are going p good and she seems cool. she's studying to work in a similar industry to mine, i mention cool i work at such and such place. she says oh really i start there in a week. uh oh. okay there are two buildings, which one? ofc mine. ofc in a position where i could potentially be at least semi-supervisory to her, ofc in an overlapping shift.

so i have to awkwardly back off and say "welp i guess that kind of puts the kibosh on asking you out... so uh i guess i'll see you around there, and uh it's a great place to work glhf"

thanks, obama

If you can make it happen wetting it up at work owns

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

neonbregna posted:

If you can make it happen wetting it up at work owns

nah gently caress that. i'm tryna climb that ladder and that's just asking for drama i don't want.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Otisburg posted:

nah gently caress that. i'm tryna climb that ladder and that's just asking for drama i don't want.

Lol if you don't realize the old white dudes at the top of the ladder did the same thing in their day. It would give you a way to endear yourself to them.

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
Nothing will endear you to upper management faster than a sexual harassment lawsuit. True fact.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Nothing will endear you to upper management faster than a sexual harassment lawsuit. True fact.

If you aren't able to manage a work/personal relationship you really aren't cut out for upper management

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress that work slut op, god drat it

worst that can happen? you get fired and become homeless

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Executives bang their secretaries and random high class hookers, not their line worker subordinates, this is why you people aren't climbing fast enough. Have to get the right kind of exploitative sex

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Portland.txt:

quote:

I'm a queer femme vegan anarchist interested in anti-oppression theory and praxis. I'm generally a pretty light-hearted "twee" person, but can enjoy indulging a gallows humor sometimes.

It should go without saying, but unfortunately doesn't, that bisexual is a really flawed shorthand for how I experience gender and sexuality. While I know these things are different for different people, I experience gender as something fluid and dynamic enough that my identity, as well as the identities I'm attracted to fluctuate rapidly, and simultaneously encapsulate masculinity, femininity, both and neither. As such I find it is rare (though not unheard of) that I'd be happy in a relationship with a straight female or a gay male, as such a person would necessarily have to ignore part of my gender experience.

I've spent the last year working in the woods at a hot springs resort. Using the relaxation and alone time to do some necessary self-growth work, and now I'm moving back to Portland. Not sure what I'm going to do there, but it feels like the right place to be right now.

I'm interested in hanging out with the kinds of people I can have stimulating, engaging conversations about opinions, feelings, and where those two meet. Preferably not people I agree with on absolutely everything, but absolutely not those with hosed up oppressive views. You know who you are.

I also want to be totally up-front about the fact that I'm not looking for anything monogamous or even primary-partnery right now. This isn't forever, but right now I'm having fun, meeting new people, and being chill about it, and I wouldn't feel alright being somebody's main squeeze until a few things are different in my life.

I spend a lot of time thinking about
Anarchism. Seriously, I think about it more waking hours than not. Also I think about making the most of each day.

Also mental health and it's intersection with the former. How can we become more whole human beings, capable of loving each other and not trying to possess each other.

You should message me if...

You wanna be activity buddies, of either the kissy or nonkissy type. I like learning new things. I'm currently super-psyched about knitting and learning modern greek for instance. If you're into those things or wanna find new neat projects, you should message me.

you like cute date-times with picnic baskets, awkward movies, and other such foolishness.

you are ok with the fact that I'm a pretty outgoing person, but can be really shy in 1-on-1 hangouts with strangers. It could take a few hangouts before I really come out of my shell.

Okcupid needs a "You should not message me if" question. So i'm adding it here, and here you go:

You should not message me if you know specifically what sexual act you want to to on/at/with/toward/in me. I'm just not that kind of human being.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Someone needs to give Adam Sessler a regular job, he is starting to spiral.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Will always love "I don't need your loving labels, man" -lists sixty self-labels-

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"You should not message me if you have enough of a handle on yourself to know what you are into sexually; that's a deal-breaker"

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
look who i am and what i like changes based on the second so just get used to it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

look who i am and what i like changes based on the second so just get used to it

If you can't handle me at my xer you don't deserve me at my xe

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
What is the black thing coming out of his or her nose?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

cmndstab posted:

his or her

look at this shitlord

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

look at this shitlord

Sorry

its nose

Unity Gain
Sep 15, 2007

dancing blue

vyst posted:

If you can't handle me at my xer you don't deserve me at my xe

Perfect av/post combo

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

loquacius posted:

look at this shitlord

Oops

his and her*

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

And you know that xhe will get super pissed if you don't get it all right as soon as xhe changes things

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Queer, Genderqueer, Non-binary, Open relationship
Speaks English
Smokes regularly, Does drugs often, Has dogs, Has cats, Virgo
Looking forwomen, near me, ages 20‑90, for short & long term dating, casual sex, and new friends.

My self-summary
Queer. I am romantically attracted to feminine energies with strong, crusty edges. Poly. I have other partners, that's cool. Its not a heirarchy, though some of them are very important to me and that's reflected in my life choices. Kinky/I love my daddy. Genderqueer. Gender neutral doesnt necessarily mean andro masculine and angular. Femme. Pronoun: they/them.

Virgo sun, Leo moon, Aquarius ascendant. Astrology is pretty important to me and I might ask for yr birth date and time.

I have a degree in English and I love to analyze things. I also have a degree in gender studies and think a lot about how to actualize my politics, solidarity movements, and how to be a kind person in the world. I have most of a masters degree in public policy and also this nifty anxiety disorder? So from that, I got most of a barbering certificate and an identity crisis. Now I have a cat.

Crafting. Bikes. Dogs. Long walks. Herbs (wild crafting. If herbs are a thing you do, message me! I want to learn!)

What I’m doing with my life
Learning how to be present in my body. Working through anxiety and not getting paid for it. Spending time with my cat Odin and my dog Freja. Considering my next move and the direction I want my life to take. Learning how to get out of my head.

This question has caused an existential crisis.

I’m really good at
Making something from nothing.
Reading peoples energy and feeling the shifts.
Baking vegan cookies.
Making bomb sandwiches and smoothies.
Picking out weird prints and colors that go surprisingly well with each other.
Cutting hair (I went to barbering school).
Getting really excited about new projects.
Not finishing projects.

I spend a lot of time thinking about
Im a virgo, which means i spend too much time thinking, period. Things i like to think about : Food, how to feed myself, how to feed others, body politics, being a witch, reading my cards (wildwood), gender, body hair on femmes (++++), what new series to start on Netflix, the people I miss, the people I want to know, my witchdog, radical politics, smoking weed versus sobriety

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

There is a non zero chance that dog has been violated.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Hungry for a bomb sandwich now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

quote:

My self-summary
I am romantically attracted to feminine energies with strong, crusty edges.
Gross.

quote:

What I’m doing with my life
Literally anything except for employment, education, or training.

I wonder how many coy "You should message me if you're doing (weird, non-romantic thing), I want to learn more/do that thing more!" actually elicit good faith responses. Like, if you were an herb expert, would you contact this person even though xe makes your dick retract so hard it literally goes concave?

• Locked thread