Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Cloak and run in

Is there a best way to get more miranium storage other than just look for treasure and hope you find it? I'm way over capacity and half my sites aren't even running

There's two storage probes from treasure, some from story completion and the rest are from Kirsty missions. Make sure to chain them and use duplicators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Have you seen the little canyon path with the level 50-ish non-aggressive spiders? It's in there. Guarded behind a level 50 vermifore standing in such a way it's nearly impossible to collect the item before triggering it. Still haven't worked out how to get it before way later in the game.

No, I haven't. Haven't been able to find that entrance...

sidenote: where are lao's heart to hearts?

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 11, 2015

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Ugh. Apparently npc allies can't be trusted with any AOE arts because they just turned an easily won battle against a single opponent into a crushing defeat against ten.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

kirbysuperstar posted:

There's two storage probes from treasure, some from story completion and the rest are from Kirsty missions. Make sure to chain them and use duplicators.

So put a duplicator at a hub and surround it with storage, is that the idea?

Is there a specific site that's surrounded by poo poo that works best for this?

Also, is there an easy way to tell your chain length or do you just hand-count it? Does it cap at 8?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Eopia posted:

Ugh. Apparently npc allies can't be trusted with any AOE arts because they just turned an easily won battle against a single opponent into a crushing defeat against ten.

This keeps happening to me. There's a few enemies where it seems VERY easy to pull ones that are quite far away. I can't work out why.

I was smashing up some gun emplacements in Chapter 5 and there was a certain pull of Prone in Oblivia that always always had me attack a specific one and the NPCs run off to another, set off an AoE and bring in one of the level 35 robots wandering around the area. It's so loving frustrating and took me forever to find a way to get in without having to fight that one specific enemy.

I don't want to read too much of the thread for fear of spoilers but it seems a bit unfair that my guys don't level when they're not with me. Doing affinity quests and we're all level 25 but Gwin is level 12 or whatever is a strange choice for them to make. Especially since in this one they MAKE you do some of them to carry on the main quest.

I have two questions that might already have been answered and I'm sorry if they have.
Firstly are collectables only in very specific spots? I remember that some of them in the first game were but I can't QUITE tell in this. I do wish there was a prompt when you picked up something that you'd not picked up before, it'd be really handy. The quests to make you collect stuff can be really punishing with this in mind, it's basically "This item is in a very specific spot on this entire continent welp have fun".

Secondly what are the reasons for the armour classes? Light, Medium, Heavy? I see Light tends to give a tiny bit more potential but otherwise they seem basically the same. I expected the manual to tell me but it doesn't. Am I missing something? For a game that requires you to read the manual for anything to make sense it really isn't very good. I wish it was actually a paper copy or it was easier to get online because I immediately forget what the loving colours and symbols match up to on the map and it's taken me forever to learn the latter!

Taear fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Dec 11, 2015

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Is this game actually any good? My roommate picked it up, but I don't want to waste several hours playing this 60+ hour game just to find out it's poo poo

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Mederlock posted:

Is this game actually any good? My roommate picked it up, but I don't want to waste several hours playing this 60+ hour game just to find out it's poo poo

Did you like the first one? Do you like slightly grindy open world RPGs?
If the answer to either of these is yes, get it.

The visuals are fantastic, there's some loving glorious scenery and I really love the music too. In fact it's the first game where I'm humming it later on.

It's pretty anime though if that really bothers you.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Taear posted:

I do wish there was a prompt when you picked up something that you'd not picked up before, it'd be really handy.

Doesn't Tatsu do this?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Mederlock posted:

yeah

yeah

uh uh uh

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So why didn't that one mission end with me murdering Murderess

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Is the only difference between light, medium and heavy armor the trade-off between defense and gravity weakness?

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

Did you like the first one? Do you like slightly grindy open world RPGs?
If the answer to either of these is yes, get it.

The visuals are fantastic, there's some loving glorious scenery and I really love the music too. In fact it's the first game where I'm humming it later on.

It's pretty anime though if that really bothers you.

I've never played any of the xenoXXXX games before, and to be honest I've never actually played a JRPG style game other then FFX, which I quit shortly after being introduced to the gem that is the blitzball minigame. How's the writing/story, and how's the combat? Is the combat closer to an ARPG, or is it more like some weird JRPG/ARPG hybrid with some limited movement/dodging/regular attacks with special abilities on cooldowns?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mederlock posted:

I've never played any of the xenoXXXX games before, and to be honest I've never actually played a JRPG style game other then FFX, which I quit shortly after being introduced to the gem that is the blitzball minigame.

Not very relevant but the mandatory Blitzball section in FFX takes like 10 minutes and then you never have to do it again.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mederlock posted:

I've never played any of the xenoXXXX games before, and to be honest I've never actually played a JRPG style game other then FFX, which I quit shortly after being introduced to the gem that is the blitzball minigame. How's the writing/story, and how's the combat? Is the combat closer to an ARPG, or is it more like some weird JRPG/ARPG hybrid with some limited movement/dodging/regular attacks with special abilities on cooldowns?

The combat's MMO/hotbar style, though new mechanics make it a lot more engaging than in the original. The story's pretty light and straightforward, making the game more gameplay focused than most RPGs, which works out fine since exploring the world is a lot of fun.

Motto fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Dec 11, 2015

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Crabtree posted:

Oh so you're the people that have turned Provisioners into the go to Division.

I was a Provisioner before it was cool. I was working on my probe setups when people were yelling about Curators and Pathfinders and Reclaimers and whatnot. :boom:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Where are all my Interceptor buds at? :(

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^ Interceptors represent!

Mederlock posted:

The combat is very different from any RPG. It's real-time, your characters auto-attack, and it's more about positioning yourself, managing cooldowns and creating combinations with your teammates than stocking items and mana.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
http://imgur.com/65b1sot

Anyone know what's up with these force fields in this cave on the western side of Syvalum? I can't figure out how to disable them or get around them, and it looks like there's a few treasure spots behind them.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Calaveron posted:

So why didn't that one mission end with me murdering Murderess

She does the murdering. Hence the name.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Oh yeah, this is essentially how you use your storage, duplicator and booster probes to increase your cap. I just tossed this together when I found out that Boosters works on storage probes today so you don't have to use these continents for it. I need to redo my entire network once I've found all chests out in the wild.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Dastardly posted:

Oh yeah, this is essentially how you use your storage, duplicator and booster probes to increase your cap. I just tossed this together when I found out that Boosters works on storage probes today so you don't have to use these continents for it. I need to redo my entire network once I've found all chests out in the wild.

So you booster your repeaters into your storage?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So are the chain bonuses not really worth going for in this case then? You don't seem to have very many.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So I've discovered the creature in the Yggalith section of the Enemy Index. Looks like no one has killed it yet either, although it has killed 22 players.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
For collectibles are they any more likely to appear in particular areas? Is hoping the guide I bought would lost a general segment but it just gives me the continent.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Hope has heterochromatic eyes.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Hope has heterochromatic eyes.

software bug

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

horriblePencilist posted:

I don't care what anyone says, I love the Ma-non. They have the best animations, quests and all just want to have a good time you know?

The only thing I hate about them outside of the voices are there quests you know? All of them, literally all of them are "I want the ma-non out of NLA" and convincing people to not kick them out?

E: I really dig the Skell fight music up until the very end of it where the singer just screams WE TRAPPED ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT PLANET as fast as he can, like I always laugh if a encounter lasts that long because come on now.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Dec 11, 2015

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Dastardly posted:

Wow, putting all your storage probes around a duplicator really is the way to go, I just went from a max of a little over 12,000 to 30,000.

Now I can afford... three extra augment slots at a time :negative:

Edit: rejigged things so I had a booster hooked up to my (so far only) duplicator and went up to 37,500

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 11, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Taear posted:

This keeps happening to me. There's a few enemies where it seems VERY easy to pull ones that are quite far away. I can't work out why.

I was smashing up some gun emplacements in Chapter 5 and there was a certain pull of Prone in Oblivia that always always had me attack a specific one and the NPCs run off to another, set off an AoE and bring in one of the level 35 robots wandering around the area. It's so loving frustrating and took me forever to find a way to get in without having to fight that one specific enemy.

I don't want to read too much of the thread for fear of spoilers but it seems a bit unfair that my guys don't level when they're not with me. Doing affinity quests and we're all level 25 but Gwin is level 12 or whatever is a strange choice for them to make. Especially since in this one they MAKE you do some of them to carry on the main quest.

I have two questions that might already have been answered and I'm sorry if they have.
Firstly are collectables only in very specific spots? I remember that some of them in the first game were but I can't QUITE tell in this. I do wish there was a prompt when you picked up something that you'd not picked up before, it'd be really handy. The quests to make you collect stuff can be really punishing with this in mind, it's basically "This item is in a very specific spot on this entire continent welp have fun".

Secondly what are the reasons for the armour classes? Light, Medium, Heavy? I see Light tends to give a tiny bit more potential but otherwise they seem basically the same. I expected the manual to tell me but it doesn't. Am I missing something? For a game that requires you to read the manual for anything to make sense it really isn't very good. I wish it was actually a paper copy or it was easier to get online because I immediately forget what the loving colours and symbols match up to on the map and it's taken me forever to learn the latter!

horriblePencilist posted:

Is the only difference between light, medium and heavy armor the trade-off between defense and gravity weakness?

Basically. Gravity attacks are generally stuff like big stomps from large enemies. Sometimes light armour has better elemental defense or stat boosts too. Skell wear is also pretty light but comes stock with abilities that improve your skell.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So apparently drop rates with "treasure sensor" gear are higher. Also, JP version has a bug where if someone with treasure sensor isn't in the fourth slot, then it doesn't work.

Can anyone try to confirm if this bug was ever fixed for the english release?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Can anyone try to confirm if this bug was ever fixed for the english release?

I dunno, I've been wearing the full C&C heavy set for ages, so I have treasure sensor out the rear end and I've been getting a shitload of drops no matter my party composition or their gear.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Finally, a character who can actually rock this armor:

Man, what is with this game and psycho launchers? It seems like nearly every character has them as their ranged weapon.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
gently caress you Mia you caused me to wreck my skell twice :mad:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Are lao's heart to hearts required for 100% completion?

I see you don't get achievements for them, so I'm guessing no.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Man I love loving fel reaver showing up during an affinity boss

four times in a row

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Are lao's heart to hearts required for 100% completion?

I see you don't get achievements for them, so I'm guessing no.

Wait, he has heart to hearts beyond his affinity missions? That will trigger the poo poo out of my OCD if so. Then again I haven't even figured out how to trigger the ones involving Lin.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

There was a mission I did that I don't really understand the point of. It was the Celestrial Three, or something like that, and it was about this dude and his friend being bullied into killing the rest of their squad because their boss wanted to keep the stuff they were transporting, and then they send you to go fight the boss, and once you beat him they show up and it turns out they were all in it together and are planning on killing you, and it's like, ok? What was the point of any of that if you were planning on just killing me because I'm a "do gooder"? Why tell the player anything about the squad, or your boss, or send him to where the stuff was stored, or any of that?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Wait, he has heart to hearts beyond his affinity missions? That will trigger the poo poo out of my OCD if so. Then again I haven't even figured out how to trigger the ones involving Lin.

I think that you need to overhear a conversation about it beforehand

Mummy Brigade
Sep 12, 2004

Jeez. You're kind of a bitch.
Just finished Chapter 4 and I'm about to max Galactic Knight. I'm planning on dropping the Psycho Launchers like hot garbage once I hit Class Level 10. Then again, I've been building my character to do almost entirely melee DPS. I can dish out the pain, but can't take a hit worth poo poo. Next stop, a class that offers some better defensive skills. May go with the Shield/Minigun class next, for the defense. Any other suggestions?

Can't wait to get my anime robot for more alien murdering adventures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away
Got my skell last night, played a bit on lunch. I loving HATE the vehicle mode. gently caress. Who's stupid rear end loving idea was it to change the camera orientation to the other side of the screen. I can't do poo poo in this loving car. It turns like hot rear end. UGH. Jetpack jumping around through Prone bases and they are all just like :stare: is great. gently caress you you xeno scum.

• Locked thread