Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It's kind of an aesthetic thing I know but melee in a universe with totally bitchin' guns seems really really dumb. Do any of the avatar classes focus heavily on ranged combat? That'll help me pick what to develop first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Mummy Brigade posted:

Just finished Chapter 4 and I'm about to max Galactic Knight. I'm planning on dropping the Psycho Launchers like hot garbage once I hit Class Level 10. Then again, I've been building my character to do almost entirely melee DPS. I can dish out the pain, but can't take a hit worth poo poo. Next stop, a class that offers some better defensive skills. May go with the Shield/Minigun class next, for the defense. Any other suggestions?

Can't wait to get my anime robot for more alien murdering adventures.

I think Samurai Gunner gets a skill that gives them like 30% to 50% extra hp, so that's a good one to move onto.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
So you can use the skills of any class, but only the arts of your row?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It's funny how the guy who explicitly follows and adores Japanese culture is also an awful racist and xenophobe

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Skills of any class, Arts of whatever weapons you have on.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

PRADA SLUT posted:

Sorta, once you max out the last class in a row(galactic knight, duelist , etc.) you can use their weapons anywhere else, so a galactic knight can use a lightsaber and it's arts even as a shield trooper or what have you.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I want to actually contribute to killing the squad task mobs of any given hour. Is there a way to determine what and where they are besides stumbling upon them?

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
if have equipment with an augment in it and i sell the equipment, does it sell the augment along with it or does it put the augment back in my inventory

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

AfroGunsou posted:

if have equipment with an augment in it and i sell the equipment, does it sell the augment along with it or does it put the augment back in my inventory

It warns you that there's an augment on it and asks if you want to remove it or not before selling.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

It's kind of an aesthetic thing I know but melee in a universe with totally bitchin' guns seems really really dumb. Do any of the avatar classes focus heavily on ranged combat? That'll help me pick what to develop first.

enforcer or commando.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

enojy posted:

I want to actually contribute to killing the squad task mobs of any given hour. Is there a way to determine what and where they are besides stumbling upon them?

Hold R and press L.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

you say this but then you're body checking dudes in a giant robot

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ciaphas posted:

Considering some of the wildlife have enery attacks, maybe their hides shrug off bullets/energy blasts? :shrug:

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

"Oh excuse me, Just having a laugh here with my new friend Beelzebub, Lord of the Flies."

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

Wait, he has heart to hearts beyond his affinity missions? That will trigger the poo poo out of my OCD if so. Then again I haven't even figured out how to trigger the ones involving Lin.

Yep! All the way to 5 hearts even.

quote:

[first heart to heart is] Around the residential park area in the early morning hours.

His second Heart-to-Heart is in the warehouse in the Industrial district at night. His third is on the Manon ship at any time of day. His fourth is near the water plant in the Residential district in the morning. The last one is near BLADE tower at any time of day.

None are required, I have confirmed at least the first two.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Well, that was a fight. I had an overdrive that lasted well over a minute and that was filled with cockpit mode activations, so much so that our team took 28 RP from Telethia Plume in a single battle.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Alright, I give up, I don't know how in the gently caress I'm supposed to fight Ga Buidhe, she just keeps dealing metric fucktons of damage to everybody and takes almost none herself, not even hopping my team into skells helps. I can't even beat her level reduced and the rest of my party being 7-8 levels higher than she is.

E: aaand I just manage to do it on foot out of the blue. Guess complaining works, eh?

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 11, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It begins.

they're using an exploit and repackaging. maybe I'm reading wrong but it sounds like the japanese voices might be on the disk.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Sweet Jesus I just found "the cave" in Oblivia.

Time to wear out the fast travel button.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

GreenBuckanneer posted:

they're using an exploit and repackaging. maybe I'm reading wrong but it sounds like the japanese voices might be on the disk.

I doubt that. Audio can take up a lot of space, and there's supposed to be a silly amount of battle dialogue in the game, let alone factoring in Story and Affinity Missions.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

PRADA SLUT posted:

Sweet Jesus I just found "the cave" in Oblivia.

Time to wear out the fast travel button.

Just so you know, only "cave" items spawn in there, so don't spend too much time...

Motto posted:

I doubt that. Audio can take up a lot of space, and there's supposed to be a silly amount of battle dialogue in the game, let alone factoring in Story and Affinity Missions.

Possibly, since the poster was speaking in slight engrish he may have dumped stuff from the japanese version, but that's not what it sounded like.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Do buffs proc/use up Supercharge? Can I do, say, Hair Trigger into Hawkeye into Trident Buster to make it both range-combo'd and supercharged?

What does Supercharge II do, triple damage instead of double? And so on?

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Having some trouble getting my 15k credits in one tick for the skell license.

The one Ma-non who said it's perfectly natural to take a half a day long break from work is the best.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is there any point to reapply buffs/auras? A lot of them have the secondary effect of being able to immediately use it again. Is it like the original where you can only have 1 aura on a time?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Is there any point to reapply buffs/auras? A lot of them have the secondary effect of being able to immediately use it again. Is it like the original where you can only have 1 aura on a time?

Each cast only lasts so long, and it's useful to have if a Soul Voice of that color pops up.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Found a Super weapon file - Dragoon Spear. It was in a Rank 5 Mechanical box inside the caves next to FN 315

To build the Dragoon Spear you need 20000 Miranium, 6x Tempus Glyph, 6x Laser Light, 12x Octopus Board, 24x Quality Crank, and 2x Lionbone Bort.

Anyone know where I can find some others?

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 11, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Calaveron posted:

It's funny how the guy who explicitly follows and adores Japanese culture is also an awful racist and xenophobe

I love that literally every single NPC I've met is a colossal xenophobe to the ma-non and ONLY the Ma-non. When I got a quest from one to go survey people about the lil guys I started laughing that it's just no-namers going "I guess they're okay" "If I have to" etc. gently caress Alex forever though for pointing a gun at my nopon buddies though

Though speaking of that mission if anyone's done it does anyone know where the guy I'm supposed to survey is near the tennis court? There's two named NPC's but they don't count for some reason and the follow ball just vanishes in midair at some point.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I love that literally every single NPC I've met is a colossal xenophobe to the ma-non and ONLY the Ma-non. When I got a quest from one to go survey people about the lil guys I started laughing that it's just no-namers going "I guess they're okay" "If I have to" etc. gently caress Alex forever though for pointing a gun at my nopon buddies though

Though speaking of that mission if anyone's done it does anyone know where the guy I'm supposed to survey is near the tennis court? There's two named NPC's but they don't count for some reason and the follow ball just vanishes in midair at some point.

There's someone working on the industrial skells that only appears at night.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So is there any hard and fast rule on how many TP skills in your bar is ideal? I've been running a boring balanced build (2 melee, 2 ranged, 1 debuff 1 buff 2 TP Auras) and am starting to wonder if the damage boost would be worth missing Soul Voices + less Overdrives.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Motto posted:

Each cast only lasts so long, and it's useful to have if a Soul Voice of that color pops up.

If you have Secondary Accelerator, it means they also essentially have super short cooldowns.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm bad at helicopter repair. :smith:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
My teams AoE privileges have been permanently revoked

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Looper posted:

you say this but then you're body checking dudes in a giant robot

at the rate I am "progressing" through this game getting a skell is absolutely not a concern :v:

Inflammatory posted:

enforcer or commando.

thanks much

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

It's really weird, honestly. I find the game absurdly fascinating in every way, love reading about it and watching videos, but then I sit down to actually play it and just kinda

freeze up :shrug:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ciaphas posted:

It's really weird, honestly. I find the game absurdly fascinating in every way, love reading about it and watching videos, but then I sit down to actually play it and just kinda

freeze up :shrug:

Just too much poo poo to micromanage, IMO. Once you get to like, level 30 or so, have an entire class tree maxed out, a desired party pretty well set up, money and minerals overflowing out the rear end, you can just say gently caress it and kinda sorta autopilot through the rest of the game if you please. For me, this happened around chapter 7.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I'm not sure what the post-game is supposed to be besides trying to kill extremely strong enemies hoping for rare mats while trying to get some reward tickets at the same time. I need strong skells to beat strong enemies but I need to beat strong enemies to get strong skells.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Ma-non have a strong appreciation for pizza, so they are cool in my book.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It helps that the game's very lenient despite how much stuff there is to work with. Money and resources are constantly generating, there are no consumables to waste, you can freely change up your class, division, probe setup, etc., death means little, and the game will lighten up if a particular fight is being too tough on you.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Found a second superweapon, "Megaflame-B" the file is located in a mech 5 box inside infernal ledges cave, NW of Titan's Table in hot hot lava lovin' land. Titan's Table itself is south two hexes from FN site 503.

This one takes 20,000 Miranium, 8 Tempus Glyphs, 8 Laser Lights, 12 Octopus Boards, 24 Qmoevan Capacitors, and 2 Lionbone Bort.

So far both of them I've found have been files for level 50 versions.

(I'm now learning the lesson that color coding and levels of monsters mean about jack poo poo when you try to take them on. I've run across purple tagged level 60s I could two shot, and purple tagged level 60s who can two shot me.)

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Dec 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Offensive Stance + Rising Blade under taunt is like a monster truck covered in chainsaws

One combo is like 60% of their HP

• Locked thread