Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Found another dumb bug about welded doors freaking out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzrVoEPy2M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Propaganda Hour posted:

Found another dumb bug about welded doors freaking out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtzrVoEPy2M
Yeah, saw the same thing happen - same map, same door - a few times today (except that it was impossible for me to pass through it). And that bug isn't even as weird as the fact that people are welding doors.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Making welding and non-medic player healing more practical and useful should be priorities IMHO. No one does either right now

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Yeah, saw the same thing happen - same map, same door - a few times today (except that it was impossible for me to pass through it). And that bug isn't even as weird as the fact that people are welding doors.

even Tripwire employees only weld doors to troll teammates

now I didn't play KF1 but from what I read in that game, demo was really powerful, welding was really powerful, and it seems like everything that was powerful in KF1 they've been busy nerfing pre-emptively in KF2. Is that right?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Psion posted:

even Tripwire employees only weld doors to troll teammates

now I didn't play KF1 but from what I read in that game, demo was really powerful, welding was really powerful, and it seems like everything that was powerful in KF1 they've been busy nerfing pre-emptively in KF2. Is that right?

Pretty much. Demo and welding are the most prominent examples here. Demo could kill FP in seconds flat, even on 6 man HOE. It was balanced by taking forever to reload. You could have a M32, M79, Desert Eagle and still have 11 grenades. I think you could even have room leftover for Pipes, which were the best weapon in the game (if used properly). Whereas in KF2 you have an RPG and pretty much nothing else.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Oh god, now i remember how loving awesome playing demo was in KF1 and why i put dozens and dozens of hours into the class. And that didn't even have KF2s incredible gore and fx system.

Thanks for salting the wound reminding me.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Making welding and non-medic player healing more practical and useful should be priorities IMHO. No one does either right now

It would be nice if having a Medic wasn't basically absolutely a requirement. I mean, I guess you could beg everyone on your team to play very conservatively, but that's not going to happen, so...

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Is there any rhyme or reason to when you get end of round special items or is it just completely random? does difficulty increase the chance, etc?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
They're running another free weekend/33% off sale on KF2.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It's "working as intended."

That's literally the official stance from Yoshiro so you know everything we know.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

It's "working as intended."

That's literally the official stance from Yoshiro so you know everything we know.

What are people expecting, I wonder? If scarcity isn't imposed, things are going to lose value very quickly. Tripwire probably wants to find the sweet spot between keeping prices "high" and seeing large volumes of items moved, but it's probably easier to slowly lower scarcity than it is to try to re-inflate prices. A quick look at the marketplace, though, makes it seem like items are moving in only very low quantities, so prices probably do need to decrease some. Or maybe there just aren't enough people playing with enough interest in buying cosmetics.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I think that's tangential ... I'd rather know how the mechanism works. Valve is very up front about how drops work in their games and everyone should follow suit in my opinion. KF2, Payday, etc. I don't really care what the drop rate is, I care that the mechanics are known. If the drop rate is pretty slow and we know that ... so what?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Psion posted:

I think that's tangential ... I'd rather know how the mechanism works. Valve is very up front about how drops work in their games and everyone should follow suit in my opinion. KF2, Payday, etc. I don't really care what the drop rate is, I care that the mechanics are known. If the drop rate is pretty slow and we know that ... so what?

You're a reasonable person, though. My assumption is that pubbies will flip poo poo if they think the drop rate is too low and just bitch endless about Tripwire being money-grubbing whores or whatever. I agree that people ought to know as much about a market as possible so that they can make the best decisions, but if that has the potential to undermine Tripwire's profit margin, then I can understand reluctance to share.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

So its purely random?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

So its purely random?

Nobody knows any specifics of how it works, at all.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel like I am the only person who does not give two flying fucks about useless poo poo that does not have any affect on blowing poo poo up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mesadoram posted:

I feel like I am the only person who does not give two flying fucks about useless poo poo that does not have any affect on blowing poo poo up.

thanks for the input

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Mesadoram posted:

I dont either but apparently people do, sold some usb thing for 8$ yesterday. If i can play a game and make some easy video game money im all for it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CJacobs posted:

thanks for the input

Crying like a bitch is also good input. Go to reddit and see the how good their input is.

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

I dont either but apparently people do, sold some usb thing for 8$ yesterday. If i can play a game and make some easy video game money im all for it.

Meh. Whales and stupid people would buy literal poo poo if they thought it was make their edick harder.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Err Demo can still clown FPs pretty good, scrakes is their weakspot but that's always been the case.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

LuciferMorningstar posted:

My assumption is that pubbies will flip poo poo if they think the drop rate is too low and just bitch endless about Tripwire being money-grubbing whores or whatever. I agree that people ought to know as much about a market as possible so that they can make the best decisions, but if that has the potential to undermine Tripwire's profit margin, then I can understand reluctance to share.

Well, this is probably true. But the same people are complaining about the drop rate now so I'm not seeing a net loss for them to talk more. :shrug:

Really if that stream taught me anything aside from Alienware people being bad at KF2, it's that when you get a Tripwire guy off script, they're actually alright. Zane seemed like a decent dude whenever he wasn't forced onto the "I am literally quoting what PR allowed me to say" (e.g. drop rate) and had some cool anecdotes. They could stand to do that more often. like I find a lot of Yoshiro's forum posts to be some dull poo poo, but I hear he's pretty cool in a chat situation. Find whatever outlet works and actually talk about poo poo, it's good for you and for us.

I would definitely like confirmation on his story about whether or not the burnt zed textures are based on burnt bbq, and if so details on exactly how: did someone at TWI deliberately burn bbq for reference or did they just make lemonade out of lemons when they were served burnt bbq. Microtransaction Drama Saga 2015 is nothing compared to the hard hitting question of BBQ Zeds.

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 10, 2015

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
I can seriously 100% confirm that the texture is BBQ chicken.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Now I know why I always get hungry when playing firebug. Goddammit, Tripwire.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Pubbie weekend...
should be fun.
hahaha

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Pubbie weekend...
should be fun.
hahaha

I'm expecting a flood of people blaming free weekenders on all their Hans deaths. So really, people should be more thankful for the scapegoats when they claim they could totally have solo'd hans if not for some tourist having the nerve to join a hard server on wave 2.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mesadoram posted:

Crying like a bitch is also good input. Go to reddit and see the how good their input is.

Meh. Whales and stupid people would buy literal poo poo if they thought it was make their edick harder.

You sound unreasonably upset about what other people think of something you yourself don't care about.

Section Z posted:

I'm expecting a flood of people blaming free weekenders on all their Hans deaths. So really, people should be more thankful for the scapegoats when they claim they could totally have solo'd hans if not for some tourist having the nerve to join a hard server on wave 2.

Occasionally you will get someone who obviously doesn't know what they're doing because they just started playing the game but even then you can just give them money and they'll buy the best weapon for the class and stop dying so much. What new players do (including myself and probably half the people in this thread did) is underestimate just how important it is to have an appropriate class level for the difficulty/number of players you have. You probably CAN beat suicidal/hell on earth with all level 0 commandos but that doesn't mean anybody should try.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Dec 11, 2015

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Occasionally you will get someone who obviously doesn't know what they're doing because they just started playing the game but even then you can just give them money and they'll buy the best weapon for the class and stop dying so much. What new players do (including myself and probably half the people in this thread did) is underestimate just how important it is to have an appropriate class level for the difficulty/number of players you have. You probably CAN beat suicidal/hell on earth with all level 0 commandos but that doesn't mean anybody should try.

not if you roll Hans....

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

CJacobs posted:

You probably CAN beat suicidal/hell on earth with all level 0 commandos but that doesn't mean anybody should try.
I bet that this isn't actually the case but man i wish it was

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

This got me thinking, I was browsing the negative reviews of KF2 for a good chuckle and someone linked that boycott group and somewhere someone said that they don't support the crate system but rather paid DLC. Since Tripwire's gone the TF2 model complete with the same price for a key costing 2.49 I decided to look up again what the paid DLC for KF1 cost, especially when they started getting into weapon skins towards the end. 7.99 for 4 skins versus 9.96 for 4 keys. So yeah, more expensive, but I'm with you. I didn't buy any of the KF1 skins and as long as KF2 keeps the crate items purely cosmetic I won't care.

Unless they start putting special characters in the crates and one of them happens to be my Chicken Terminator. :mad:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is there a teamspeak/mumble we're using?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Abandoned Toaster posted:

7.99 for 4 skins versus 9.96 for 4 keys. So yeah, more expensive, but I'm with you. I didn't buy any of the KF1 skins and as long as KF2 keeps the crate items purely cosmetic I won't care.

Unless they start putting special characters in the crates and one of them happens to be my Chicken Terminator. :mad:
A lot of the earlier DLCs for KF1 used to be $3.99 (for the aforementioned 4 skins) but at some point after they started releasing newer DLCs for $7.99 they went back and hiked the price up for the older ones, which is pretty lovely.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there a teamspeak/mumble we're using?

People mostly use Camping the Stairs.

CaudaVenenus
Sep 17, 2004

Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you.
I'm trying to get a feel for the most efficient way to play gunslinger. Do you recommend going a bit slower but lining up headshots as much as possible (like a commando will typically play) or rather shooting faster but aiming for the center of the pack, trusting penetration and the high damage per bullet to get the job done ?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

CaudaVenenus posted:

I'm trying to get a feel for the most efficient way to play gunslinger. Do you recommend going a bit slower but lining up headshots as much as possible (like a commando will typically play) or rather shooting faster but aiming for the center of the pack, trusting penetration and the high damage per bullet to get the job done ?

Honestly for me it depends on what wave it is, what zeds are coming and at what difficulty I'm playing. First wave I go for headshots only because anything else is a waste of ammo but after that it's really down to what the game throws at us. Sometimes you can clear a lane with two quick deagle bodyshots and then move on, sometimes you're better off slowing down and sniping that husk/siren/bloat before it gets close.

Pretty boring non-committal answer, I know, but that's my take on it v:shobon:v

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

CJacobs posted:

You sound unreasonably upset about what other people think of something you yourself don't care about.

I always thought this thread was about Killing Floor and not people complaining about poo poo that does not have any bearing on game play.
Guess you proved me wrong.

CJacobs posted:

You probably CAN beat suicidal/hell on earth with all level 0 commandos but that doesn't mean anybody should try.

This is the way newbies get turned off to the game, they don't realize how much more manageable the higher difficulties games become when you have a properly leveled class. Should be a tutorial video or message telling new players to play their first few games on normal before trying out something harder. Would help set expectations a little better.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

This got me thinking, I was browsing the negative reviews of KF2 for a good chuckle and someone linked that boycott group and somewhere someone said that they don't support the crate system but rather paid DLC. Since Tripwire's gone the TF2 model complete with the same price for a key costing 2.49 I decided to look up again what the paid DLC for KF1 cost, especially when they started getting into weapon skins towards the end. 7.99 for 4 skins versus 9.96 for 4 keys. So yeah, more expensive, but I'm with you. I didn't buy any of the KF1 skins and as long as KF2 keeps the crate items purely cosmetic I won't care.

I mean if people want to spend their money on it, good for them. Only things I bought in KF1 were the guns because I wanted them and also to support Tripwire.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 11, 2015

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
Gold Skinned Caulk N Burn only $260.81 on Steam! Get it!

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/232090/Caulk%20n%20Burn%20%7C%20Precious

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

CaudaVenenus posted:

Slower. Magdumping with a gunslinger is a "there is a scrake right in front of me" panic move or similar; it's the slow-and-steady wins the race class. You can do incredible damage if you just pace yourself.

Zedtime really shows this, try dumping in zed and watch your bullets fly all over the place. They deviate from point of aim pretty hard if you fire rapidly. I assume it's similar in regular time as well but I don't know for sure.

Gunslinger therefore provides a use case to demo: when you get surrounded by crawlers, you're hosed. But when a demo rockets you and gets 85 xp for clearing the pile, you live and they get closer to level 25. A win-win!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I finally got a hat drop for KF2.. I now play a Rambo Nazi with the snazzy new headband.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Congrats man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mesadoram posted:

I always thought this thread was about Killing Floor and not people complaining about poo poo that does not have any bearing on game play.
Guess you proved me wrong.

Ah, okay. At first I thought you were being unreasonable but turns out you're just stupid, got it.