Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Devlan Mud posted:

Epsilon Ace, hoo boy.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
My new plan is for three RSVs with Targeting Astromech, Cool Hand, Integrated Astromech, and probably a Proton Torpedo. Pull a k-turn or tallon roll, end up with target lock and focus. :getin:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Stay on Target Porkins might just be hilarious with Targeting Astro.

I think Red Ace may be my new go-to for my four ship Rebels as a late game closer with that durability. With Autothrusters, R2-D2 and Comm Relay it'll be ludicrously hard to bring down.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Taran_Wanderer posted:

I look forward to playing with a Targeting Astromech on Dutch

What about poor Hobbie Klivian?! Its his time to shine!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

zVxTeflon posted:

What about poor Hobbie Klivian?! Its his time to shine!

Hobbie is held back by his lack of EPT, sadly. But that's a pretty nice combo, admittedly.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
My combination is going to be actual good pilots with actual good upgrades.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hobbie's a good pilot! He's just held back by how stupid the "fix" for Rebel pilots that lacked EPTs ended up being.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Strobe posted:

Hobbie's a good pilot! He's just held back by how stupid the "fix" for Rebel pilots that lacked EPTs ended up being.

Wait, what's this? :confused: (apologies in advance for the stupid question - I've got no doubt that I'm overlooking something obvious)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hobbie is PS5 with no EPT. The 'fix' for Rebel pilots with no EPT is a unique Astromech that only comes in the Transport and costs a point to add.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Also I'm really disappointed that neither Red nor Blue Ace have EPTs. One of them is a 7 skill goddammit!

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Panzeh posted:

My combination is going to be actual good pilots with actual good upgrades.

Actually Hobbie owns and that droid synergizes extremely well with him. Whats not good about being able to TL+Focus after a K-turn and still getting to do whatever maneuver you want next turn?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

zVxTeflon posted:

Actually Hobbie owns and that droid synergizes extremely well with him. Whats not good about being able to TL+Focus after a K-turn and still getting to do whatever maneuver you want next turn?

For 27 points!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Strobe posted:

Hobbie is PS5 with no EPT. The 'fix' for Rebel pilots with no EPT is a unique Astromech that only comes in the Transport and costs a point to add.

Ah right, well that'll explain why I didn't know about it - I haven't got the Rebel Transport pack. (I do have Hobbie though, as the card was given to me, along with Wes) Does sound interesting though, giving him some additional usefulness

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
3 points less than a generic Defender. I'd say this is actually pretty strong. :shrug:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

The Gate posted:

3 points less than a generic Defender. I'd say this is actually pretty strong. :shrug:

Tbf using Defenders as a point of comparison is kind of unfair.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Gate posted:

Three points less for one additional action, 4 PS (which means nothing except against generics), one fewer agility, and one fewer shield. Probably a wash! Except Hobbie's ability is actually pretty sweet, because it's acquire or spend, so you can take him along with a bunch of generics and laugh all the way to the bank at Rebel Captives.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Strobe posted:

Also I'm really disappointed that neither Red nor Blue Ace have EPTs. One of them is a 7 skill goddammit!

Maybe it was just an error on the website :smith:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

alg posted:

Maybe it was just an error on the website :smith:

Blue Ace is already released and doesn't have an EPT.

But Red Squadron Veteran has an EPT, but is 1 PS less and doesn't have a pilot ability.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Hey, being able to outmaneuver all generics and get TL+Focus on a K-turn is pretty drat good. Most ships are weaker after the K-turn, hobbie gets stronger, and can repeat the trick. For 27 points that's pretty good.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Floppychop posted:

Blue Ace is already released and doesn't have an EPT.

But Red Squadron Veteran has an EPT, but is 1 PS less and doesn't have a pilot ability.

It's absolutely criminal that Red Squadron Veteran has an EPT but Red Squadron Ace does not.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Man if you could cram Predator or VI on him... poo poo. Having a PS 8 and a PS 10 ace, both with regen, would probably be too strong. Granted he'd be almost 40 points on an X-Wing, but hey so is Poe.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Gate posted:

Man if you could cram Predator or VI on him... poo poo. Having a PS 8 and a PS 10 ace, both with regen, would probably be too strong. Granted he'd be almost 40 points on an X-Wing, but hey so is Poe.

This is generally why cost balances things, and why it's lame that you get to do this with Corran and Dash but not with two X-wings. The lack of EPT is incredibly annoying.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off
We still have one unspoiled T70 coming out right? Likely the highest PS one and almost certainly a character from the new movie who will have an EPT. Hopefully whoever they are they can help build the triple X list of the future!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
What the fudge is EPT?

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Elite Pilot Talents. It's ships, usually aces, who can take upgrades like push the limit or predator.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Finster Dexter posted:

What the fudge is EPT?

Elite pilot talent.

I do like how they're trying to differentiate the jousting of X-wings s b-wings by making xwing K turns more appealing.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I have a tournament tomorrow; I was thinking Miranda with TLT, Recon and Shield upgrade followed by two Y-wings with TLT and R2 units. Is this viable or should I consider something else?

EDIT: The Y-wings have engine upgrade as well.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ZenMastaT posted:

We still have one unspoiled T70 coming out right? Likely the highest PS one and almost certainly a character from the new movie who will have an EPT. Hopefully whoever they are they can help build the triple X list of the future!

Don't thee new TV spots show Nien Numb or someone of the same species flying an X-Wing?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Lothal pt 2 is out

drat, this is going to be a day one purchase.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

EVGA Longoria posted:

Lothal pt 2 is out

drat, this is going to be a day one purchase.

god dang is it nice to see some good crew options for Rebels. those pilots too :swoon:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

alg posted:

god dang is it nice to see some good crew options for Rebels. those pilots too :swoon:

Sabine in the shuttle with PtL and Kanan, just busting out 3 actions a turn.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I am honestly more interested in the Attack Shuttle than I am the Ghost. All of their Pilot Skills (esp. Sabine's) seem almost over-powered for the fact that they all cost < 22.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yeah but that's <22 with a hefty 30+ point beast. You're only going to be able to add Poe or Corran as a wingman to that type of list. I doubt it's gonna want any Bs and probably only generic Ys with at least one stress Y to keep targets in the ghost's FOV.

OTOH, I might pick up two and paint the Lothal fox-dog on one and see what classical work of art I can recreate on the other.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I have a tournament tomorrow; I was thinking Miranda with TLT, Recon and Shield upgrade followed by two Y-wings with TLT and R2 units. Is this viable or should I consider something else?

EDIT: The Y-wings have engine upgrade as well.

A Y-wing with Engine and R2 is the same points as a naked K-Wing only the K-wing doesn't have the drawback of a range 1 donut hole. Engine on low lvl Ys wont help them vs much.

I would suggest something like this:

Miranda Doni (35)
K-Wing (29), Twin Laser Turret (6)

Warden Squadron Pilot (29)
K-Wing (23), Twin Laser Turret (6)

Horton Salm (35)
Y-Wing (25), Twin Laser Turret (6), Engine Upgrade (4)

99 points

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah but that's <22 with a hefty 30+ point beast. You're only going to be able to add Poe or Corran as a wingman to that type of list. I doubt it's gonna want any Bs and probably only generic Ys with at least one stress Y to keep targets in the ghost's FOV.

OTOH, I might pick up two and paint the Lothal fox-dog on one and see what classical work of art I can recreate on the other.

You're not required to play the shuttle with the Ghost, you can play just the Shuttle.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The tears on the official forums made my Friday.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

alg posted:

The tears on the official forums made my Friday.

Tears from what?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
knowing the official forums "Wah, this is broken so broken making me buy new things, also it's a kid show HOW DARE YOU RUIN MY SERIOUS SPACESHIP AIR COMBAT WITH THIS KIDDIE poo poo
"

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

bunnyofdoom posted:

knowing the official forums "Wah, this is broken so broken making me buy new things, also it's a kid show HOW DARE YOU RUIN MY SERIOUS SPACESHIP AIR COMBAT WITH THIS KIDDIE poo poo
"

From what I've seen, it's mostly "This is so loving broken, the Rebels are unbeatable now, woe to scum and imps"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Tears from what?

quote:

What a BS expansion. It's like a middle finger towards Imperial and Scum players.

quote:

Just more proof that rebels are for people who don't know how to fly. Everytime a new rebel card comes out I wonder what negative will it allow the rebels to ignore this time

• Locked thread