Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

haveblue posted:

Lol if you don't think AirBnB is already used for this.

There's a reddit thread about people hooking up with their AirBnB clients: https://www.reddit.com/r/AirBnB/comments/385nxc/have_ever_slept_with_a_guest/

edit: the article I linked this from made a bigger deal out of it, but upon reading it, there's hardly any content here.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

My Imaginary GF posted:

Lest we forget, there is likely a bias to this poll towards underreporting of the willingness to ban muslims. Of course folks don't show their true feelings to people they've never met calling them on the phone. Question is, how many Americans would be willing to live with a fully constitutional ban on islamic aliens?

Unlike most MIGF stuff, this is on-point and important. Lots of people are willing to say they oppose something that's as obviously vile as the Muslim ban while voting for it in secret when they are unaccountable. I'm seriously worried this means we're undercounting the racist Trump supporters and he finds a way to ninja the election. I'm uncertain of what happens then, but it isn't good and I doubt the pogrom level stuff will stop with Muslims.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

On Terra Firma posted:

The base isn't. They're pumped someone is finally "telling it like it is".

Even if Trump goes down like a fiery ball of trash he's done irreparable harm via the resurgence of popular white supremacy. You have the KKK and other groups basking in Trump because he's basically paraphrasing the Fourteen Words and getting millions to agree.

Trivia posted:

In Asia it's the norm to stay with your parents until you get married and move out. Doing otherwise, while freeing, is a massive financial drain.

Going to be interesting in ~20 years when millennials have kids all grown up so we can see if they do a "you're 18 GTFO" or double down on letting the kids stay until ready to move out.

Assuming we aren't in a financially ruined hellscape where you need to have multiple generations under one roof just to have enough money company scrip to keep the bills paid.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Migf don't talk about things you're not experienced with.

KirbyKhan posted:

Nope. Folks in Asia go to hotels to gently caress. There are whole hotel districts in Korean cities. Reasonably priced, discreet, and built for bangin.

VanSandman posted:

Shut up, MIGF. You know nothing, you contribute nothing, you are a void into which blessedly ignorant posters reply and emit only poo poo in response. Even on ignore, you post too much.

You guys sure showed him. I'm sure he's just so burned now that you've jumped on his really loving obvious bait.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Quote of the day, "And Jesus Christ says we need to forgive, but I’m not like that."

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

My Imaginary GF posted:

Don't misrepresent her statements. I believe she stated that between 5 and 20 percent of muslims in the arab world want a caliph and are sympathetic towards terrorist organizations like ISIL.

Yeah but....

*looks at username*

not today, ha ha ha ha

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

rkajdi posted:

Unlike most MIGF stuff, this is on-point and important. Lots of people are willing to say they oppose something that's as obviously vile as the Muslim ban while voting for it in secret when they are unaccountable. I'm seriously worried this means we're undercounting the racist Trump supporters and he finds a way to ninja the election. I'm uncertain of what happens then, but it isn't good and I doubt the pogrom level stuff will stop with Muslims.

Have you read Black Earth? I think you'll find that pogroms have a very rational micro-level origination, in that they are a ritual of cleansing one's past sins in order to advance political agendas in regions without state institutions.

America is innocent and without sin, and therefore needs no cleansing, hence there will be no pogroms of non-radicalized muslims within my lifetime. I'd recommend dropping the cleansing and pogrom rhetoric, as the above is the logic of evangelicals in the Republican party, and using that rhetoric only further drives a wedge between those who see the American dream as sinless and the rest of the Republican party.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Dec 11, 2015

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Joementum posted:

Quote of the day, "And Jesus Christ says we need to forgive, but I’m not like that."

I've said it before, but to a disturbing amount of people Christianity is less of a religion or moral philosophy and more of a gang affiliation.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Why won't Obummer let us exploit our employees even more :cry:

So basically: we want to treat them like employees but that's too expensive and 20th century for the INTERNET AGE of contractors.

Any business that gets caught :qq:ing about how it isn't fair they have to pay their employees actual wages should be immediately shut down so that a non garbage person can fill that market space.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Muscle Tracer posted:

I can't imagine anyone maliciously misrepresenting themselves by saying "democrat" and "do not oppose" to an internet poll

Democratic voters/supporters aren't some monolithic block of feelgood everyone is our friend pansy liberals. There are definitely ignorant bigoted xenophobes on both sides. Sure, they may gravitate in greater numbers towards republicans, but they're all over the place.

I can buy that ~25% of democrats are ignorant and/or frightened enough that they'd support something like that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Joementum posted:

I like how even the racist 9/11 truther thinks that continued military action in the middle east is a bad idea.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Radish posted:

Any business that gets caught :qq:ing about how it isn't fair they have to pay their employees actual wages should be immediately shut down so that a non garbage person can fill that market space.

Thing is, using foreign workers is one of the greatest ways to eradicate economic inequality in the developing world. Foreign workers have a much greater propensity to send remittances to their families and friends in their home countries than American workers do in investing in the developing world, and so are often a cornerstone of developing economies.

It's the question of illegal immigration all over again: which is more important, eradicating income inequality in America, or eradicating global economic inequality? It looks like its an either-or proposition, since we've never had both.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Landfill Babies

Oh and they found they weren't selling fetal tissue, but a violation of an Ohio law is enough red meat for the day.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

Democratic voters/supporters aren't some monolithic block of feelgood everyone is our friend pansy liberals. There are definitely ignorant bigoted xenophobes on both sides. Sure, they may gravitate in greater numbers towards republicans, but they're all over the place.

I can buy that ~25% of democrats are ignorant and/or frightened enough that they'd support something like that.

Yeah. Kim Davis anyone?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dehry posted:

Landfill Babies

Oh and they found they weren't selling fetal tissue, but a violation of an Ohio law is enough red meat for the day.

Great ANOTHER Garbage Pail Kids reboot...

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

quote:

@tedcruz: The Establishment's only hope: Trump & me in a cage match.

Sorry to disappoint -- @realDonaldTrump is terrific. #DealWithIt

Welp, what to make of this?

Is he snuggling up to him in the hope of snagging the veep slot, feeding off of his base like a parasitic lamprey, or just trolling?

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I think what people are missing in regards to the "Millennials not moving out thing" is that they clearly want to, they just don't have the financial means. Their parents also don't have the means to support them any further.

It's nice to think that this they're doing this because their honor Romantic/Asian culture or want to reduce their carbon impact or something, but it's not really a good thing that people that want to strike out on their own, can't. It's especially not a good thing when this is being painted as a "recovery" when it is anything but - it's more reaching a new point of equilibrium, than anything.

Radbot fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 11, 2015

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

ReidRansom posted:

I could buy it, i just don't see the reason to buy it from legendarily-reliable polling source MSNBC.com

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Is he snuggling up to him in the hope of snagging the veep slot, feeding off of his base like a parasitic lamprey, or just trolling?

If the RNC steals the nomination from Trump, Cruz would be more than happy to accept the nomination and include Trump on his ticket.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Cruz kissed Trumps rear end early enough in the race and I believe there is a "gentlemans" agreement to use term very loosely between them to not attack one another.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Cruz has no issues with making GBS threads on Trump, and I'm sure he's itching to debate/fight him. Unfortunately getting attacked by Trump is the best way to gather attention to yourself, which is what the smart candidates left (Rubio/Cruz) are trying to avoid.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Dehry posted:

Landfill Babies

"Please be aware, all aborted babies must be given a funeral complete with velvet-lined casket. If you cannot afford this funeral and the consequent burial plot and tombstone (note: all mothers of aborted fetuses must give their fetus a name to be put on the tombstone) we cannot give you an abortion.

"Finally, please note that state law requires that you visit that tombstone once per year on the day your child was MURDERED, leaving a flower. If you fail to do this and provide a receipt as evidence to your local crisis pregnancy center, you may be taken into custody and charged with a misdemeanor."

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

A Winner is Jew posted:

Cruz kissed Trumps rear end early enough in the race and I believe there is a "gentlemans" agreement to use term very loosely between them to not attack one another.

They're two men who share a similar vision for how to fix America.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/new-gop-poll-shows-trump-top-carson-collapsing/nphL8/

In orther news, Carson's candidacy is dead, and I'll tell you why. As I've mentioned before, Carson was the "Now is not the time to talk about race" candidate. Since Trump has begun discussing race in a manner attractive to African-American voters, Carson's candidacy has no place in the race.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

A Winner is Jew posted:

Ah yes, the MoloCruz-RibbenTrump pact.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joementum posted:

The House just passed, by voice vote, a five day CR, so the government is funded through next Wednesday. :toot:

There is no legislative work in the House on Monday so it's hard to see how Paul Ryan will get around the 72 hour rule the House Republicans set up to review all bills. Unless he ignores that. But he'd never do that, would he? This is a new day with Speaker Ryan. None of that business Boehner used to pull.

The fact that we didn't have a mini-national crisis alert over it tells me he's being surprisingly serious about governing.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

They're two men who share a similar vision for how to fix America.

I hope that vision involves adding midgets to the list of undesirables.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Evil Fluffy posted:

You guys sure showed him. I'm sure he's just so burned now that you've jumped on his really loving obvious bait.

Well if he weren't allowed to post anymore this wouldn't happen. I propose deporting all MIGFs.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The fact that we didn't have a mini-national crisis alert over it tells me he's being surprisingly serious about governing.

There's an obvious incentive here for Ryan to show that he can govern and for the Tortilla Coasters to show they can work with him, so people are optimistic that the omnibus will get worked out.

That said, Nita Lowey said on the floor this morning that it's being held up by an effort to defund Planned Parenthood, on which neither side is budging, so..............

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Paul Ryan has always been known as a very serious person.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Hey I know this dude...his store is a couple blocks away from where I live and I'm not surprised at all that he's a Trump supporter. Our neighborhood association has a facebook group that he joins every few months and posts dozens of rants about mind control stuff...he is absolutely the kind of person I'd worry about shooting up a school if his buttons get pushed the right way.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

white cop accused of raping 13 black women just got convicted of 4 rapes + a bunch of other crap. looking at at least 30 years

Not white, Asian.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
:laffo: this guy Kurt Schlichter is amazing.

https://twitter.com/deray/status/674790510360403968

Full video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ztGWnTU5oM

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Black scientists respond to Scalia's suggestion that they took 'less advanced' classes

quote:

Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the Hayden Planetarium in New York and host of last year's documentary series “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,” has described the alienation he felt as a black child who showed interest in astrophysics.

“Teachers would say, ‘Don’t you want to be an athlete?’” he recalled in a video that went viral last year.

Applesauce.
/

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Joementum posted:

I hear this all the time from my super-religious family on Facebook. Their argument is that Jesus was perfect and we aren't so we don't have to forgive others, God will do that. :downs:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

feedmegin posted:

Not white, Asian.

He considered himself white.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

This is a significant issue for which blame can be laid on our non-profit institutions. How many pathways are there for a minority student to engage in after-school athletics in your city? Similarly, how many pathways are there for a minority student to engage in STEM?

This is a problem with the nonprofit world, and something which will not be fixed by Supreme Court fiat. Thankfully, the IRS rulechange on impact investing back in September will enable foundations to significantly cutback on their grantmaking efforts and invest in profitable STEM enterprises.

Shageletic posted:

He's certainly no Jefferson

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I hope he's kidding, but I seriously can't tell anymore.

Which one of you started this rumor? It's brilliant.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Mulva posted:

I hear this all the time from my super-religious family on Facebook. Their argument is that Jesus was perfect and we aren't so we don't have to forgive others, God will do that. :downs:

How do "super-religious" people miss the whole point of their religion so badly? Do they actually go to church? What the gently caress is their pastor even droning on about?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Pro-click as all hell

The two assholes can barely contain their rage when Kundnani is speaking

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Shageletic posted:

You can't self select for white, it's granted by consensus from other confirmed and accepted whites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

How do "super-religious" people miss the whole point of their religion so badly? Do they actually go to church? What the gently caress is their pastor even droning on about?

• Locked thread