Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alard
Sep 4, 2011

brainwrinkle posted:

Do any ranged weapons have good TP generation? I'm close to mastering Galactic Knight. I would like to keep lightsabers, but their TP generation is pretty bleh. I'm also considering Mastermind just for the secondary cooldown skill.

The Ramjet rifle you can get from the quest where you recruit Alexa is really good for TP generation since it gaind 300 TP per shot in 3 round bursts, but it has a 10 second time but that's not really a problem. Also as someone who's basically used Galactic Knight alot, that Mastermind skill is great for just doing a crazy amount of burst damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Like, FrontierNav is pretty cool but I feel like you should be able to tap on a hex and get way more information about it than the game provides since that's sorta the whole point in-game??

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

brainwrinkle posted:

Do any ranged weapons have good TP generation? I'm close to mastering Galactic Knight. I would like to keep lightsabers, but their TP generation is pretty bleh. I'm also considering Mastermind just for the secondary cooldown skill.

Dual Guns has a bunch of TP boosting abilities. I'm considering a build using Sliding Slinger (From side: TP boost), Violent Streak (On Crits: TP Boost) or Zero Zero (affinity ability, boosts TP in a combo), and Primer (Crit Power Up and TP boost) to rake in TP. It sounds good but I'm in another tree at the moment so I can't try it out in practice.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BitterAvatar posted:

So if you prefer ranged weapons can you equip 2 different ranged weapons and switch between them? Is this a horrible idea?

You cannot, sorry

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

BitterAvatar posted:

So if you prefer ranged weapons can you equip 2 different ranged weapons and switch between them? Is this a horrible idea?

Nope, sorry. (Presumably to stop stuff like people equipping two melee weapons and not being able to hit enemies like visigels/literally anything that lives above deep water)

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

BitterAvatar posted:

You can do it with Skells, however. In fact, if an all-ranged Skell is controlled by AI, it'll automatically distance itself as far away as possible.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

This may have been asked a few times but this is a huge thread. I got my skell, hopped out of it and went into the barracks. Now I can't find it. Where did it go? How do I get it back?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The Flying Milton posted:

This may have been asked a few times but this is a huge thread. I got my skell, hopped out of it and went into the barracks. Now I can't find it. Where did it go? How do I get it back?

If you check out Party, there's an option to return to your Skell.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

If you check out Party, there's an option to return to your Skell.

This option is greyed out. I'm afraid something broke.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

This option is greyed out. I'm afraid something broke.

Did you accidentally unregister your skell? I've done that

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I've unlocked my first skell, but I'm not really sure what to do with it? Like I know how to upgrade / fight / etc, I'm more wondering what this opens up that I wasn't able to do before? Do I head to the north continents or something?

I haven't taken any more story / affinity missions yet, I'm hoping to "clear" whatever I can first before continuing the story.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

Did you accidentally unregister your skell? I've done that

That was it. I am dumb.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PRADA SLUT posted:

I've unlocked my first skell, but I'm not really sure what to do with it? Like I know how to upgrade / fight / etc, I'm more wondering what this opens up that I wasn't able to do before? Do I head to the north continents or something?

I haven't taken any more story / affinity missions yet, I'm hoping to "clear" whatever I can first before continuing the story.
Skells can jump really high opening up shortcuts and allowing you access to a handfull of probe locations. They also turn off some creatures aggro while turning others on. Its basically just a big mobility upgrade since they are just as stealthy as being on foot while allowing you to drive really fast and jump around things.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

PRADA SLUT posted:

You can modify your Skell from your Barracks customization menu.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

That was it. I am dumb.

The game tells you first thing to register your skell in the barracks, but your freebie is automatically registered to you so I imagine a lot of people did this

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Also you can color them how you want and name them whatever you want within 10 characters

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I know you can customize them, I mean what areas do they open up that couldn't be accessed before?

Can you get to the two far east sites in Noctilum? I haven't been able to figure those paths out yet.

Edit: FN 222? The cave with the tyrant in it

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 11, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Senerio posted:

I mean, they're drops, aren't they?

Can't you spend Reward tickets?

I would but I blew them on the other mats I needed.

Then accidentally bought the wrong mats.

The ones I need are 120x6 :gonk:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That was it. I am dumb.

No you're not. When you first get your skell, the game tells you "oh! Don't forget to go to the Barracks and register your skell to yourself! It's really important!" So you go and do that, except the first skell is automatically registered to you already, and the text prompt still says "register" and doesn't change to "unregister," and basically the game is dumb not you.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I am glad I didn't take the mulligan in chapter 9 because I now understand just how garbage this game is at handling targeting in groups. Telling your party to target your target after you spend 10 seconds hammering various combinations of R, Y, and B to target a mook is apparently the secret technique for making that problem boss fight somewhat easy.

Alternately turn your AOEs that kept getting you killed back on. I also found a neat sniper rifle/lightsaber combo in Phenomenon followed up by a ether aspected sniper rifle using Afterburner to just blow everything up, but its a bit of an edge case because of the poo poo TP generation from those weapons.

PRADA SLUT posted:

I know you can customize them, I mean what areas do they open up that couldn't be accessed before?

Can you get to the two far east sites in Noctilum? I haven't been able to figure those paths out yet.

Edit: FN 222? The cave with the tyrant in it
I'm not sure you open up anything truly unique with a skell until the flight module, a lot of it is just now you have a shortcut where before you'd need to trailblaze a roundabout path up a hill or do some stealth tricks.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

zedprime posted:

I'm not sure you open up anything truly unique with a skell until the flight module, a lot of it is just now you have a shortcut where before you'd need to trailblaze a roundabout path up a hill or do some stealth tricks.

Skell jump height is much higher then on foot and let's you get access to a decent number of new areas mainly in oblivia. Mainly treasures though I can't think of any probes off the top of my head other the Lvl 5 ones you won't be able to do without flying anyways.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I would but I blew them on the other mats I needed.

Then accidentally bought the wrong mats.

The ones I need are 120x6 :gonk:

Just do some sidequesting. You'll get enough reward tickets from squad goals to at least pick up one...

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What does miranium do when your AM's are at 5? I can use it for crafting but I have way more coming in than my other mats. Should I put probes on income?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I spent 3 hours last night just wandering NLA to talk with NPCs and look for easy, random quests and ended up helping some chick fix her latte machine.

This loving game.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Been looking for Rexoskells in Cauldros. No idea what they look like, does anyone know where they might hang out?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Louisgod posted:

I spent 3 hours last night just wandering NLA to talk with NPCs and look for easy, random quests and ended up helping some chick fix her latte machine.

This loving game.

The ESRB must have overlooked that one

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 11, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Louisgod posted:

This loving game.

Haha, that was one of the very first quests I did in this game. It had me really worried about my purchase.

Now I'm doing a quest for a guy with purple hair and purple lipstick, talks about male friends a lot, and has this idle stance that resembles a stereotypical anime girl sway/dawdle with hands crossed over the crotch and knees bowed inwards.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So i've got this quest to go kill a tyrant in Noctia, i don't remember the exact name but it's something "The Subterranean" and getting there shows that it's up on a ledge that seems like it's inaccessible on the ground by normal means? Do i really have to wait till i have a Skell to come back and kill this level 11 Tyrant? That would be really silly.

I think you're supposed to use a Skell to get up there, but you can definitely get there on foot too, it just requires some tricky jumps.
If you go to the east side of the rock the tyrant is on, there's a ledge where you can sometimes see the tyrant. Across from that, there's another rock that you should be able to climb pretty easily. From there, you can jump to a really thin rocky ledge a few meters to the right of the tyrant's ledge, and then you can do an equally difficult jump to get up to the tyrant. Make sure to use running jumps for the extra height.

PRADA SLUT posted:

What does miranium do when your AM's are at 5? I can use it for crafting but I have way more coming in than my other mats. Should I put probes on income?

You can spend it to add slots to equipment after the sidequest where you need to survey Oblivia for L and a shopkeeper.

Doc V fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 11, 2015

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Skell fuel and equipment/frame engineering. Still gonna be using tons of it even after AMs are maxed.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Where is the skell gas station?

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
If you got at least 5000 Miranium, just go to the hangar terminal in the barracks and select the refuel option. Alternatively, go find some enemies you can bind and get easy fuel from them by binding constantly. I use Oblivia's North Coast area for the latter.

Still trying to find the blueprints for the fuel section for the Skell augments, though....

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I can't hear you... I can't see you...WAN TWO THREE FO'*pong*pong*pong*pong*bumpbumpbump*pong*pong*pong*pong*

aaagh get out of my loving head, I'm at work

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

5er posted:

I can't hear you... I can't see you...WAN TWO THREE FO'*pong*pong*pong*pong*bumpbumpbump*pong*pong*pong*pong*

aaagh get out of my loving head, I'm at work
Oooooh mdididi, ledabah lalalalaladehgo

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Terper posted:

you son of a bitch

Moxieclock1
Apr 3, 2010
Am I missing something? how the hell are you supposed to kill the 10 chimeras in the lifehold.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Moxieclock1 posted:

Am I missing something? how the hell are you supposed to (Chapter 12)kill the 10 chimeras in the lifehold.

They (Chapter 12 spoilers) have no ranged attacks. Run away and snipe at them.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Terper posted:

Moxieclock1
Apr 3, 2010
(Chapter 12) Is there some way to exit the lifehold fight? my current setup isn't goona cut it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

brainwrinkle posted:

Are you using the Photon Saber skill that unlocks for Galactic Knight? It generates lots of bonus TP when used from the front. You may have to slot it manually because it unlocks when you have a full Art Palette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

Moxieclock1 posted:

(Chapter 12) Is there some way to exit the lifehold fight? my current setup isn't goona cut it.

Nope! Back to your previous save you go. Hopefully it wasn't too far back.

• Locked thread