Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I just found a guide to where on the continent you can find collectopedia drops on the prima digital guide... is that in the physical book itself anywhere?

Edit: I found it, page 380

greatn fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Pollyanna posted:

I just finished chapter 4 and am in the middle of doing Vandham's affinity mission, and I think I've hit a wall with the game. I feel like I'm starting to hit my limit on accessible probe sites, since a lot of them are locked behind high-level enemies or mechanics skill levels. All the missions left to do are random collectathons like pearls and rabbits, or weird poo poo like weapons testing. I'm level 17 and the enemy I need to defeat for Vandham's mission is level 20 and still manages to wreck me. It's hard to tell if I'm effective as a...Blade Fighter? Thingy? The beam-oriented one right before Galactic Knight. My party gets wiped out often and I don't have any HP recovery skills. The combat is different enough from Xenoblade 1 that I can't really transfer most of my knowledge to it, and I only played as Melia anyway. Is there a way to level baee and class levels up quickly, or is it just a matter of hitting things and doing missions?
If all else fails, put on some experience clothes and kill the highest level, smallest things you can manage. Levels can be a fairly big deal early on before you get specific gear or high powered art combos. But small stuff has small HP regardless of its level so it can be a useful experience gathering crutch if you can punch up to higher level small fry.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
How the hell did Jo make it onto the White Whale?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

horriblePencilist posted:

About the quest where you have to rescue the 3 Prone: Which one was his son again? I think it's the one in Mesa Fortress but I'm not sure.

Yeah, the only one in a different location. Also the one with the different last name.

Well they do say she's an absolute god-tier barista... When she's not breaking everything. Maybe she made some drat good coffee for Chausson one time and he decided to let her on.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Pollyanna posted:

I just finished chapter 4 and am in the middle of doing Vandham's affinity mission, and I think I've hit a wall with the game. I feel like I'm starting to hit my limit on accessible probe sites, since a lot of them are locked behind high-level enemies or mechanics skill levels. All the missions left to do are random collectathons like pearls and rabbits, or weird poo poo like weapons testing. I'm level 17 and the enemy I need to defeat for Vandham's mission is level 20 and still manages to wreck me. It's hard to tell if I'm effective as a...Blade Fighter? Thingy? The beam-oriented one right before Galactic Knight. My party gets wiped out often and I don't have any HP recovery skills. The combat is different enough from Xenoblade 1 that I can't really transfer most of my knowledge to it, and I only played as Melia anyway. Is there a way to level baee and class levels up quickly, or is it just a matter of hitting things and doing missions?

Just wipe over and over until you get the downrank.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Have an extra thought; Only security and engineering personnel were out of stasis when the White Whale got its poo poo kicked in and fell to Mira...

Also, do you ever actually find more one-man stasis pods to rescue like the one you start in? Could've sworn that was a thing brought up in previews.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Have an extra thought; Only security and engineering personnel were out of stasis when the White Whale got its poo poo kicked in and fell to Mira...

Also, do you ever actually find more one-man stasis pods to rescue like the one you start in? Could've sworn that was a thing brought up in previews.

Probably security, then.

"I mean, we could always let Jo make some adjustments to your mimeosome..."

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

You can get a ton of probes by being brave and sneaking past hostile enemies, it's not actually that difficult most of the time. Really the only ones you shouldn't be getting are the ones hard-gated by impassable terrain and Rank 5 Mechanics ones. It's also pretty feasible to fight things up to ten levels above your own too, which is a great way to level quickly. In general the game rewards you for taking risks and pushing your luck and you'll probably have alot more playing that way too

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Echophonic posted:

Probably security, then.

"I mean, we could always let Jo make some adjustments to your mimeosome..."

Come to think of it; how the hell has she not caused her own kneecaps to explode or something?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

A Steampunk Gent posted:

You can get a ton of probes by being brave and sneaking past hostile enemies, it's not actually that difficult most of the time. Really the only ones you shouldn't be getting are the ones hard-gated by impassable terrain and Rank 5 Mechanics ones. It's also pretty feasible to fight things up to ten levels above your own too, which is a great way to level quickly. In general the game rewards you for taking risks and pushing your luck and you'll probably have alot more playing that way too

Yeah, level is just a rough indicator, rather than a hard-and-fast rule in this game. I've flattened things 5 levels above myself, and been absolutely crushed by even level enemies, or even tyrants a couple levels below me.

A huge amount of the world is open to you at any given time, and if you see a high level monster blocking your path, there's probably some other way around. The monsters are part of the environment - just treat them like cliff faces for now.

You might assume that the adjacent continents of Oblivia and Noctilum are 'high level' at first, but that's just not true. They've got big veins of Lv10-15 critters running through them that you can use as channels to safely explore, and a little bravery will let you sneak around to checkpoints that you might think would be out of reach for now.

Feel that explorer spirit and take some risks!

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Dec 12, 2015

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think the idea is that NLA was up and running in the White Whale, which would require a broad stripe of society. They were in it for the long haul so they didn't just want a crew only sort of deal for psychological reasons, hence husband and wife pairs and NLA facility staff. Jo was the best and brightest barista they chose for staffing, breaking things is just a small problem for a well staffed engineering complement.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

zedprime posted:

I think the idea is that NLA was up and running in the White Whale, which would require a broad stripe of society. They were in it for the long haul so they didn't just want a crew only sort of deal for psychological reasons, hence husband and wife pairs and NLA facility staff. Jo was the best and brightest barista they chose for staffing, breaking things is just a small problem for a well staffed engineering complement.

Yeah, except all those people are asleep in the Lifehold. They actually outright state the only ones awake were/are technicians and security.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I hope it changes when I finally go to the final two continents, but the reuse of enemy types is a bummer

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Probably killed these twin robots 12 times since the last mask drop. I have no idea if breaking specific parts even helps because it sure doesn't seem like it.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Ugh, I wish the game would auto-repair your skells if you lose to (Chapter 12) the Vita. There's no way you're winning that fight on foot unless you're overlevelled as hell.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

Welp, there's the first hit against my skell insurance. Quest to find a missing data drive in Oblivia has an unavoidable level 50 enemy pop up out of nowhere when you approach it. gently caress you, game :argh:

Can you take a picture of the entrance?

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Can you take a picture of the entrance?

The plant in the middle comes to life when I approach. I've tried sneaking past on either side but no luck. Climbing over the arch doesn't help either, it's just a solid wall there.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

The plant in the middle comes to life when I approach. I've tried sneaking past on either side but no luck. Climbing over the arch doesn't help either, it's just a solid wall there.

Grab Elma and use Shadowrunner

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Suaimhneas posted:

I was having the same problem. People in this thread recommended putting Elma as your lead party member and having her using the Shadowrunner skill to get by it. It worked.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

All this time I've been loving around at the start of chapter 4 trying to find a single tyrant to fight, like in West Gate Plains or sometrhing, and I can't find evidence that they even loving exist below level 45 or so. Obviously I'm doing something wrong here but I just wanna fight some giant that I actually have a chance at :mad:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Dec 12, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
tip for anyone working on frontiernav revenue, sightseeing spots aren't necessarily in the same hex as the dataprobe.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

All this time I've been loving around at the start of chapter 4 trying to find a single tyrant to fight, like in West Gate Plains or sometrhing, and I can't find evidence that they even loving exist below level 45 or so. Obviously I'm doing something wrong here but I just wanna fight some giant that I actually have a chance at :mad:

There are definitely low level tyrants! But if you wanna fight something huge, you won't stand much of a chance until you get skells. Enemy levels are kinda relative to the species, so even low level big monsters will have boatloads of health and can kick you around pretty easily

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I see large tyrants near my level and think "Yeah, I can take that". I've gotten very good at running away. Discretion is the better part of valor and all that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Looper posted:

There are definitely low level tyrants! But if you wanna fight something huge, you won't stand much of a chance until you get skells. Enemy levels are kinda relative to the species, so even low level big monsters will have boatloads of health and can kick you around pretty easily

I wasn't too literal about huge, I just want to fight something meaningful. I'm bored as hell of just randomly wandering, and with the color coding system being as haphazard as it apparently is I can't really tell what I can and can't actually do or where to go anyway.

I think this game's not for me, and it took me a week to figure that out :(

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Suaimhneas posted:

Hrm. I'll have to try to find that again, I ended up dropping the quest because it made me too frustrated.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Ciaphas posted:

I wasn't too literal about huge, I just want to fight something meaningful. I'm bored as hell of just randomly wandering, and with the color coding system being as haphazard as it apparently is I can't really tell what I can and can't actually do or where to go anyway.

If you want to fight some small tyrants, there's a few around level 11 or 12, I've found 2 or 3 in Noctilum and maybe 1 or 2 in Primordia. They're not necessarily always there though, I assume they have some spawn or despawn conditions since one kicked my face in and then disappeared by the time I ran back to it.

For colors I've been sticking to grays & purples up to a few levels higher than me, as far as hex colors, purples & blues are relatively safe, & you can run through greens & yellows with a little difficulty if you're racing to plant probes or get a treasure, quest item, etc. There isn't any penalty for dying when you're not using a skell but time, so you might have more fun if you give mad dashing a try to unlock more fast travel areas (probes, landmarks, etc). I'm level 20 at the start of Ch. 5 but I've already been able to visit all 5 continents! With more fast travel spots, it's easier to take risks on things to kill too.

Yakiniku Teishoku fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 12, 2015

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
On that Reddit thread I'm seeing that there's some sort of actual online multiplayer. Can anyone expand on how deep that is? I have a buddy who's super into Xenoblade and I've never played it, would it be worth it to pick this up with multiplayer in mind?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm really bad at finding probe sites apparently. I thought I was doing good too.

Millions posted:

On that Reddit thread I'm seeing that there's some sort of actual online multiplayer. Can anyone expand on how deep that is? I have a buddy who's super into Xenoblade and I've never played it, would it be worth it to pick this up with multiplayer in mind?

Yes and no. You're always in a 32 man group passively and you and a buddy can join the same group but you won't be playing together (You'll just see NPC's with each others characters). Sometimes when playing (pretty often) your 32 man group will get a task bar to kill a bunch of random monsters, if you do your part and you and your team slaughter what the game asks you'll be given quests that you can turn in that lets you send a invite to your buddy and everyone else in that 32 man group to join. That's the only way to actually play with people.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 12, 2015

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there a universally good set of ground augs to craft? I've got a shitload of mats to use.

Inflammatory posted:

tip for anyone working on frontiernav revenue, sightseeing spots aren't necessarily in the same hex as the dataprobe.

I'm having a bastard of a time finding some of these. Is there a guide somewhere?

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Found a third superweapon file, this one is the "Zenith Cannon" Found it on a floating sky island just off the west side of that gigantic claw of rock that points at NLA, a little north of a giant robot sitting on a similar island in the sky.
This one is also level 50, and takes 20,000 Miranium, 6 Tempus Glyphs, 6 Eerie Lightning Tentacles, 12 Damask Metal, 24 Tempered Blade Module, and 2 Lionbone Bort.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

*takes a chapter mission*
*fights a bunch of chapter mission enemies that are on average -6 level and are wiped out without much trouble*
*gets to boss fight, has rear end rapidly handed back to team*

This is Xenoblade.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I feel like my ticks of Miranium have been slower than usual. Because I am running out of fuel and waiting for it to tick to refuel up but I feel like its taking forever, like I feel there is a quest I have that is slowing it down or something.
On a different but related note does money and miranium not tick when you are afk but have the game still running?

Also, my mining charts.No Cauldros Not perfect, but since I've taken these I have 190k now and I still have an unused duplicator probe. The big thing to do is that duplicator and booster in Oblivia, thats 45k right there.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

How do you have so many survey probes?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

On the flight module stuff is it enemy drops? I hit follow ball and nothing is poppin out and if so makes finding these two objects easier if I can reward ticket em'.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

On the flight module stuff is it enemy drops? I hit follow ball and nothing is poppin out and if so makes finding these two objects easier if I can reward ticket em'.

They are just enemy drop/ticketable stuff if I recall.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I'm not nearly as far into this game as everyone else is. But I just had an exhilirating stealthy experience wading through the deep parts of Noctilum, looking for Schneider, the Cliffpercher. This game seemed iffy when I started but now that I'm understanding it more it's feeling more like Xenoblade, which is good because Xenoblade, man.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Why do I want to keep investing on Factory 1.21 if that rear end in a top hat doesn't innovate new poo poo

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, the more I use HB the more I actually kinda like him. Sure, he's kind of an egotistical rear end in a top hat, but his heart's in the right place and I find most of his post-battle convos pretty funny.

On that note, Murderess + literally any other character = Comedy. Guaranteed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Calaveron posted:

Why do I want to keep investing on Factory 1.21 if that rear end in a top hat doesn't innovate new poo poo

Speaking of which, can any point out how to unlock the extra arms manufacturers? I'm having a heck of a time finding any reliable info on how to get what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Worth it. The really high-end tyrants still kick my rear end though.

• Locked thread