Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mesothelioma posted:

I really hope it's a just a wacky idea that nintendo; thinking of playing a generation of games with touch screen buttons makes me want to gag
Touch screens in general suck poo poo. Yes, I love having absolutely no tactile response, no beveled edges to know I pressed where I wanted to without directly looking, and shoddy recognition based easily fallible technology. That'll be real fun to play through a 6 hour video game with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

seems like a bad idea to make your handheld as bad as possible for monster hunter

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I know the Yakuza playthrough isn't the most beloved one but I'm rewatching it while on a Yakuza hype train, and it genuinely has some of my favorite moments. Even beyond Super Chunk stuff like them trying to explain the recap as it happened was gold.

"And this guy is a weird guy who just watches everyone through cameras"

"Well, someone should"

It's still my favorite. Blow-Up-Doll-San is the jewel of the orient.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Akuma just got announced for Tekken 7 and is apparently plot important.

I don't get it

Video

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't get it

Video

"you mean THAT'S my throw range? gently caress that, I'mma hang out with the cool electric punch guys and the kangaroo"

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't get it

Video

This is apparently Harada's way of getting TxSF off the ground by actually testing what the gameplay might be like, so far, it looks much better than SFxT. Really cool Akuma.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I don't get it

Video
I don't know poo poo about tekken except volcanoes and a dude has a leopard mask but that was a pretty loving sweet trailer

Also dang those character models are gorgeous

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I just learned Yakuza 5 is out in the West, and while I know the Yakuza 4 LP hit some fatigue, I'd love to see a Best Friends Yakuza 5 for the following reasons:

Their Yakuza 4 playthrough was what got me into their channel beyond the early Machina episodes.

It's one of the only LPs of theirs I've watched out of pure fascination with the crazy game. (The other being Deadly Premonition)

My PS3 ate poo poo recently, so LPs are my only means of experiencing the game (and I'd rather have people who heighten the experience).

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat has already said they won't do it because he doesn't want to mess up sales.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Rodyle posted:

Aw dang. That's fair, can't begrudge him that. Happened to look at his Twitter just now and I'm happy they're doing a video at least.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rodyle posted:

All ten people who were going to buy Yakuza 5 would have bought it anyway, LP or no LP.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Eh, according to his Twitter, the real reason is he wants to take his time and enjoy the game. If he did an LP it'd either be insanely long and meandering, or really short and missing a ton of stuff.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yeah, I was hoping Pat realizes that LPing a game is far more helpful than hurtful for a niche game. I don't understand why anyone would think otherwise (And Giant Bomb East has this logic problem, too).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Mesothelioma posted:

I really hope it's a just a wacky idea that nintendo; thinking of playing a generation of games with touch screen buttons makes me want to gag

It was weird at firat but the Wii U controller turned out fine

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Tae posted:

Yeah, I was hoping Pat realizes that LPing a game is far more helpful than hurtful for a niche game. I don't understand why anyone would think otherwise (And Giant Bomb East has this logic problem, too).

I mean that's why they're at least planning a video

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Look into my creepy toy box - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EMt_UX_Bgg

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
What a mysterious Jago

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Man, dragon dildos come in weird shapes and branding nowadays.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

pulp rag posted:

Eh, according to his Twitter, the real reason is he wants to take his time and enjoy the game. If he did an LP it'd either be insanely long and meandering, or really short and missing a ton of stuff.

Yea 5 is great (get 5, it's fuckin awesome, bear hunting, taxi races, pop idol sim so deep you have to manage being polite to creepy fans without them going so creepy security is called, throwing grown men off piers for beating up a dog, GOTY) but I can't imagine a blind LP of that being anything other than 'ok I'm gonna spend today's video just wandering around town talking to anyone to see if there's side stuff to do, just like I did the last three videos' or so focused on just doing the story it's only about half the actual reason we love these games to begin with.

Though it is great hearing all the 'yea but what about yakuza 5' jokes in the 4 playthrough. Gio brought us light in the darkness.

Yinlock posted:

It's still my favorite. Blow-Up-Doll-San is the jewel of the orient.

When Pat went into replacing the girl with 'the doll' because her numbers were higher I lost my poo poo. Blow Up Doll is the best Yakuza character and I only hope we see her in 5 saving the hostess clubs.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Talked with Slowbeef, and yeah, he said the program he uses for his DS run would be perfect for our needs. Thanks guys! I hope I can show you exactly what I'm working on that utilizes it soon!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Talked with Slowbeef, and yeah, he said the program he uses for his DS run would be perfect for our needs. Thanks guys! I hope I can show you exactly what I'm working on that utilizes it soon!

Who?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I think he's some fighting game guy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hes the dumbass who failed to trademark lets play

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Some dork who plays Bloodborne

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

imo a Best Friends Play Yakuza 5 video should be nothing but the part where Saejima wrestles a bear.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
So are we going to be getting Star Wars instead of Bloodborne/Wolfenstein for entire week?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Week of Star Trek

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's petty as hell but I am extremely amused at Liam's tweet about how he wishes Undertale wasn't doing so well on the gamefaqs best game poll. :allears: Hope it wins against Melee.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's petty as hell but I am extremely amused at Liam's tweet about how he wishes Undertale wasn't doing so well on the gamefaqs best game poll. :allears: Hope it wins against Melee.

People are so salty about that loving gamefaqs poll

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably my favorite is how gamefaqs is like loving SJWS! :argh:

And yeah I'm a bit amused how mad people are getting for gamefaqs polls. They never really relevant and were just silly. This? This is just hilarious and sad.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Why does anyone care when /v/ has manipulated this poo poo for years. loving Tetris blocks won for crying out loud.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

HGH posted:

Why does anyone care when /v/ has manipulated this poo poo for years. loving Tetris blocks won for crying out loud.

The best was the Gamespot Sidekick poll. Launchpad McQuack vs. Albert Einstein in the finals.

People are always sort of mad about them, especially on the GameFAQs forums. Spoiling the magnanimous, holy sanctity of internet video game polls and all that.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

HGH posted:

L Block was the best thing to come out of that poll because people got so mad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPrUu5bxuTc

This poll is amazing. One Punch Man episode 9 spoilers i guess

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/MVG_Mew2King/status/676075698608586752

undertale won pack it up

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
People actually take that poll seriously?

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Charles Martel posted:

When Undertale beat Pokemon, there were discussions on using bots to vote, and buying space to advertise whatever it was up against in the next round.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Charles Martel posted:

These people are exceedingly bad at separating themselves from the media they consume so someone liking a thing more than they do is not a difference of opinion but an actual insult to their character somehow.

My personal stake in the poll is watching Undertale *gasp* beat games that're more than a decade old now and watching people flipping their poo poo over Pokemon R/B/Y not winning. loving Killer is Dead could beat those. Maybe if the votes were for the remakes or better versions they might have a chance but at this point it's like Spotify vs Walkmans.

scary ghost dog posted:

hes the dumbass who failed to trademark lets play

Oh! That sounds like slowbeef! No idea who this Slowbeef guy is though. Wonder why he's imitating slowbeef of all people though.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Dec 13, 2015

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/CJP8h9h.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
No one knew lets plays a would blow up into the monsters they are now.