Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Did they get rid of armor/crystal/weapon/mount packs on the cartel market?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

araeris posted:

Gotta wonder how many of those 500+ accounts are legit player accounts and how many are dedicated exploit/fence accounts. Restrictions on preferred/F2P accounts would seem to make it difficult to use them as throwaways for something like this, but I'm sure there are people dedicated enough to have multiple subscriptions anyways.

Don't think it would be that hard, only needed 100 crystals to do the exploit, or 2 bounty contracts. Get a F2P account up to level 10 or whatever is needed, go run through a bunch of heroics grouped with someone else who's exploiting, would stack up pretty quick.

Badger of Basra posted:

Did they get rid of armor/crystal/weapon/mount packs on the cartel market?

Yes, with the new pack they got rid of them. Was in the patch notes.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Medullah posted:

drat, they're going to town on exploiters -

the prevailing sentiment is that they're just chopping everything out with an axe not a scalpel.

People are getting rolled back to zero, instead of what they were before exploiting or somewhere around there so anyone with a legit semi-fortune that just exploited a little (ie: hosed around for 1-2 mil but had 10-100 mil in the bank beforehand) got everything they acquired legitimately wiped out as well.

I say gently caress em, and gently caress people who cheat in general, but there's at least a semi-decent point to the idea that they're going at this a little overzealously AND not actually chasing the money and anyone who has a second paid account could shuffle away every single thing they exploited and keep it, while someone who didn't have a second account and maybe didn't actually do much but get a lot of companion gifts got their poo poo reset.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

the prevailing sentiment is that they're just chopping everything out with an axe not a scalpel.

People are getting rolled back to zero, instead of what they were before exploiting or somewhere around there so anyone with a legit semi-fortune that just exploited a little (ie: hosed around for 1-2 mil but had 10-100 mil in the bank beforehand) got everything they acquired legitimately wiped out as well.

I say gently caress em, and gently caress people who cheat in general, but there's at least a semi-decent point to the idea that they're going at this a little overzealously AND not actually chasing the money and anyone who has a second paid account could shuffle away every single thing they exploited and keep it, while someone who didn't have a second account and maybe didn't actually do much but get a lot of companion gifts got their poo poo reset.

I think they're still digging. That was just the first wave - the ones that data immediately showed cheating. I imagine there will be a significant number more once they check mails/suspicious GTN purchases, etc.

On a side note, guild ship is now even classier.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How do you get event currency from data crystals?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

How do you get event currency from data crystals?

You don't, the dupe exploit worked for any alternate currency (crystals, bounty contracts, gree relics, rakghoul canisters, etc) where you could buy more than one of an item at a time (usually decorations)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

drat. I have lots of crystals.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

drat. I have lots of crystals.

If you don't need gear (don't ever spend common crystals on gear), there are a few things you can blow crystals on. There's a vendor on Odessan that you can get to in the cantina (don't have to have done KOTFE, can just fly there) that sells Rank 6 Legendary companion gifts for 25 common crystals along with alliance crates for 50 if you have finished KOTFE. Inside the alliance base there's a dude who sells pets and stuff if you HAVE finished KOTFE. The same vendor on Odessan sells Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (or whatever they're called) for 25 glowing crystals each, and those sell for ~40k credits on the GTN.

There's also a vendor on the fleet in the stronghold area that sells tons of different decorations for common crystals (this is the vendor people were using for the exploit).

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So I sold a bunch of my gold/silver cartel items and have about five million credits to throw around. Rather than do something useful with them like get into some fast 220 gear I'm gonna play pretty princess dressup.

Is it me or is there a distinct lack of 'Jedi-y' armour in the cartel market? If I want to look like a badass Imperial Officer, Mandalorian or Sith Lord I'm spoiled for choice, and most of the republic armour is for Troopers or more 'wizard-style long robes and dresses. Where there is the kind of robes-and-light armour thing going on that I'm after it's usually the stuff storyline NPCs wear and thus ludicrously expensive. Is there any adaptive armour that is more or less like the stuff on the character creation screen?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

If you don't need gear (don't ever spend common crystals on gear), there are a few things you can blow crystals on. There's a vendor on Odessan that you can get to in the cantina (don't have to have done KOTFE, can just fly there) that sells Rank 6 Legendary companion gifts for 25 common crystals along with alliance crates for 50 if you have finished KOTFE. Inside the alliance base there's a dude who sells pets and stuff if you HAVE finished KOTFE. The same vendor on Odessan sells Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (or whatever they're called) for 25 glowing crystals each, and those sell for ~40k credits on the GTN.

There's also a vendor on the fleet in the stronghold area that sells tons of different decorations for common crystals (this is the vendor people were using for the exploit).

Yeah I've bought everything I want from all of those, pretty much.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Pierson posted:

Where there is the kind of robes-and-light armour thing going on that I'm after it's usually the stuff storyline NPCs wear and thus ludicrously expensive.

Temple Guardian is good if you can find it.

Insidious Counselor from the last pack is good if you dye it probably, it looks very Jedi at least but without the armor bits.

Resolute Guardian from the last set is also kinda what you're talking.

There's a few for sure and stuff from the last pack is still cheap.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Pierson posted:

Where there is the kind of robes-and-light armour thing going on that I'm after it's usually the stuff storyline NPCs wear and thus ludicrously expensive.

These are my preferred "armored knight" armors:

http://tor-fashion.com/valiant-jedi/ (cartel market, direct purchase)
http://tor-fashion.com/resolute-guardian/ (cartel market, from pack)
http://tor-fashion.com/guardians-exalted/ (can buy from legacy vendor if you are a Jedi Knight)
http://tor-fashion.com/remnant-underworld-knight/ (random legacy armor from KotFE)
http://tor-fashion.com/veteran-bulwark-pummeler-pub/ (supposedly free if you have a refundable L60 token)

Adaptive armor doesn't really matter since you can use an outfit slot.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Those are exactly the poo poo I'm looking for, thanks guys. :)

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
On the same note does anyone have a good idea for consular outfits? Gonna start one soon and NEED to lay princess dressup.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

B-Mac posted:

On the same note does anyone have a good idea for consular outfits? Gonna start one soon and NEED to lay princess dressup.

What do you want to look like? Robes? Armor? Banana hammock?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Hey folks,

We know you are looking for more information on the timing of future group content. Although I cannot go into any details yet I will say this… We are actively working on a new Warzone, and we are looking to start revealing details in February (Insert my usual disclaimer of all things are subject to change). On the PvE side, we do not have anything specific to announce at this time but we will certainly share more information as we have it.

The team is hard at work on the 7 remaining Chapters in Season 1, as well as additional content, which you will get monthly starting in February. For us, it is important that all of the our content, group content included, ties into the storyline of Fallen Empire and connects to your character’s story. Story is what sets The Old Republic apart and it is important for us to deliver your personal story across all aspects of the game.

We hope that this addresses some of the concerns that you may have. As always, I will pass on updates as I have them. Thanks everyone.

-eric

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Medullah posted:

Banana hammock?

I think I need this armor for my SW.

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

quote:

Hey folks,

One of the things we have seen a lot of questions and comments about is what we are doing about accounts which have actively participated in helping exploiters to launder their ill-gotten gains. We are actively investigating these accounts, and we are doing so just as vigorously as the exploiters themselves. In situations that we have found players not only exploited, but are then trying to hide their actions through laundering, we are increasing the severity of the action we take against them. You can see examples of the action we are taking in my previous post.

We can see that in many of these cases, accounts have not only intentionally laundered credits through their guilds and friends, but that they have sent credits and items randomly to other accounts in an attempt to throw off our data. If you received credits or items through trade or in-game mail, and you feel that they were sent to you from someone who likely exploited, leave the items/credits alone. Don’t try to return them or send them to other accounts.

Additionally, feel free to PM me your information:
• Character name and server
• What you received

For users that we can identify as being unintentional recipients, they will have the items/credits stripped, it is unlikely further action will be taken.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

okay, not bad. Looks like some of the smug as gently caress billionaires are gonna get it too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Telex posted:

okay, not bad. Looks like some of the smug as gently caress billionaires are gonna get it too.

Gonna report Alter Ego for laundering money by sending me a Nexu Cat.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

quote:

We are actively working on a new Warzone

Hallelujah. Please, please be active like Huttball and not defense based like Novare...

Promethium posted:

These are my preferred "armored knight" armors:

http://tor-fashion.com/valiant-jedi/ (cartel market, direct purchase)
http://tor-fashion.com/resolute-guardian/ (cartel market, from pack)
http://tor-fashion.com/guardians-exalted/ (can buy from legacy vendor if you are a Jedi Knight)
http://tor-fashion.com/remnant-underworld-knight/ (random legacy armor from KotFE)
http://tor-fashion.com/veteran-bulwark-pummeler-pub/ (supposedly free if you have a refundable L60 token)

Adaptive armor doesn't really matter since you can use an outfit slot.

Inexorable Defense with the Underworld Belt. I never get tired of this look.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Hallelujah. Please, please be active like Huttball and not defense based like Novarre

Seriously, we need more short PvP warzones where people can actually PvP instead of sit on a node and spam AOEs. I don't mind Novarre as much as Civil War since you can actually cap a little at a time as opposed to all or nothing. Though I still hate both because I inevitably lose due to "WE GOT 2 NODES LETS GO FOR THE THIRD!!!!"

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

B-Mac posted:

Sanctified Caretaker isn't so bad. There's still a few unique sets that can be made by Synthweaving, gained by FPs, etc that could suit. Nothing quite approaches Moisture Farmer Casual cum Jedi Uniform of the movies, though.

Check out TOR-Fashion, and see if anything takes your fancy.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
I could have sworn I saw it posted earlier in the thread but I'm having trouble finding it now. Does anyone have that google doc that has all the suggested mod/enhancment and augment distributions?

I'm foolishly trying to set up an assassin tank for PvE and Dulfy doesn't have any guides up. I'm too dumb and impatient to translate the sperg-math on the forums into what augments should be applied to the gear.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Allatum posted:

I could have sworn I saw it posted earlier in the thread but I'm having trouble finding it now. Does anyone have that google doc that has all the suggested mod/enhancment and augment distributions?

I'm foolishly trying to set up an assassin tank for PvE and Dulfy doesn't have any guides up. I'm too dumb and impatient to translate the sperg-math on the forums into what augments should be applied to the gear.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CaeVzBuHvb4yVsAVQuIhTU-lH0QuQ4GPhUIM0x0Qj1o/edit#gid=145374339

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
Thanks! I appreciate it.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Hallelujah. Please, please be active like Huttball and not defense based like Novare...

Inexorable Defense with the Underworld Belt. I never get tired of this look.

The Force is that guy's vision, because those ridiculous pauldrons aren't letting him see much.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

B-Mac posted:

I have a lot of outfits on a lot of toons but for my sage, my first and still favourite toon, I have never found anything I liked better than the humble Omenbringer set.

http://tor-fashion.com/omenbringer/

shadok fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 12, 2015

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dely Apple posted:

The Force is that guy's vision, because those ridiculous pauldrons aren't letting him see much.

Yeah I thought the big shoulder was supposed to be over your non-dominant side because it gave you better protection from behind you.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Defiance Industries posted:

Yeah I thought the big shoulder was supposed to be over your non-dominant side because it gave you better protection from behind you.

Shoulder guards like that were only really used in jousting, on your shield side. They were designed to protect your face in case your opponent's lance deflected upwards off your shield. That was literally their only purpose.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
There is a shocking lack of realism in my video game about space wizards with laser swords.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Dely Apple posted:

I have that armor but for the Juggernaut but red and black, and he does it right. One handed looking straight ahead. Of course he has the hooded cartel market version so now he REALLY can't see his left or right

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Fuzz posted:

Shoulder guards like that were only really used in jousting, on your shield side. They were designed to protect your face in case your opponent's lance deflected upwards off your shield. That was literally their only purpose.

I thought a variation on them was used for sword fighting, catching your opponents blade on them to open them up for a counter.

I never verified this tho, so I am probably wrong.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

I'm assuming that Inexorable Defense armor is the level 40 PVP Gear? That's no longer available anymore, right?

Also, is there an easy way to Save/Load Skill Positions on your hot bars or do I have to manually switch things around every time I want to switch between specs?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=859099&page=50

I like that people are trying to say that by banning exploiters Bioware is the bad guy and is killing the game.

EDIT: Also, 'if they're spending so much time banning cheaters they're not working on new content!!'.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Verranicus posted:

I like that people are trying to say that by banning exploiters Bioware is the bad guy and is killing the game.

EDIT: Also, 'if they're spending so much time banning cheaters they're not working on new content!!'.

It feels like BW could come out and say "we gave everyone an extra SH slot, here's 5 new Ops, 3 new pvp maps and, oh, look, a puppy just showed up at your door" and people on the official forums would still find something to bitch about.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Verranicus posted:

Really, they should just assume that anyone that bitches that loudly is guilty, and either ban them outright, or dig up enough evidence to prove it(why would you scream that loudly if you were innocent?)

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Hulk Smash! posted:

It feels like BW could come out and say "we gave everyone an extra SH slot, here's 5 new Ops, 3 new pvp maps and, oh, look, a puppy just showed up at your door" and people on the official forums would still find something to bitch about.

Living in a house that was the unwilling recipient of an unwanted puppy I can tell you that would suck. But your point is well taken.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

shadok posted:

unwanted puppy

No such thing :colbert:

Now, unwanted adult dog, thats a thing, and puppies turn into those.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Making video games seems like such thankless work on account of how everyone who plays and talks about them is horrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RFC2324 posted:

Really, they should just assume that anyone that bitches that loudly is guilty, and either ban them outright, or dig up enough evidence to prove it(why would you scream that loudly if you were innocent?)

To be fair, right now they are banning a LOT of people that may not have knowingly participated. Apparently if you bought a stack of companion gifts from someone who was banned/suspended, they are suspending you as well - you can fight it, but I have a feeling that the amount of time to get a response will be equal to or longer than the actual suspension.

• Locked thread