Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
edit: New page, gently caress the previous one!

Boy, is it just me, or is Sociopath going to be godly, right behind Muscle, once that whole perk deck rebalance hits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Remind me, what are the proposed changes to perk decks?

The only way Muscle could be better is if it refilled my beer whenever I kill a dozer.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Discendo Vox posted:

3. The traps Vlad gives you, and heck, most of the map in general appear easy to swap into a zombie game.

No Mercy heist coming back with an unexpected twist then? :getin:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

edit: New page, gently caress the previous one!

Boy, is it just me, or is Sociopath going to be godly, right behind Muscle, once that whole perk deck rebalance hits?

quote:

Hi everyone, OVERKILL_Jules here, Game Designer at OVERKILL. In this thread I’ll be talking about further balancing for the Perk Decks. I will present the different changes that we're planning to do and update them based on your feedback and suggestions. After a while we will release a Beta with the planned changes we’ve gathered in this thread. We will open other threads as we go to discuss other game changes. In this thread we will only discuss the Perk Deck Balance. All these threads will be marked as DevTalk.
Here is our proposed changes for the first update to the weapon balance pass:
Crew Chief : Move the health bonus from the Brute Strength to the Wolf Pack perk. Wolf Pack then gives a 10% health bonus to the player and still 10% health bonus to the crew. Brute Strength gives a 16% damage reduction while the Crew Chief player is the player with the lowest amount of health.
Muscle : Reduce health regeneration from 4% to 3.5%. Disturbing the Peace panic effect is triggered by all weapon.
Edit : Forgot to add the promised changes to the "Disturbing the Peace" perk.
Armorer : Reinforced armor gains a skill which makes the Armorer immune to health damage for 1 second (30 second cooldown) after the armor breaks.
Hitman : Armor reduction removed on all perks. Move the Akimbo relevant benefits from the Tooth and Claw perk to the Ambidexterity perk.
Replaced the stability penalty on the Ambidexterity perk with the stability penalty from the Tooth and Claw perk.
The ammo capacity increase on Akimbo from the Tooth and Claw perk is moved to Ambidexterity perk. The Tooth and Claw perk now gives the old armor recovery rate of 10% with the old 5% total armor penalty , but in addition it gains the ability to after 6 seconds of the armor being broken the armor will recover no matter what. So if the Hitman gets shot at during 5 seconds the armor will still regenerate at the 6 second mark.
(Edited : Removed 5% armor penalty from Tooth and Claw perk. Mistake from older version.)
Crook : Not specifically tied to Crook but to improve the viability of the Crook Perk Deck we increase the concealment value on all Ballistic Vests by 4. So for example the difference between Suit and Lightweight is basically the amount of dodge you gain.
Burglar : A Breath of Fresh Air get an additional benefit with crouching speed increased by 5%.
Sociopath : All perk deck effect have a 1 second cooldown instead of 2.
Gambler : When you’re lower health than the players you would heal, you heal only yourself for more health instead.
Yakuza : All Perk Deck benefits are split up over all perks in the Yakuza deck. The Perk Deck benefits start at 50% instead of 25% and at Oni Irezumi they start at 100% instead of 50%. In addition, from 0% to 50% health you can a small health regeneration bonus. Between 0%-25% it regenerates faster than between 25%-50%.
Let us know what you think. Looking forward to hear you guys feedback!

https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/3rmz3e/devtalk_perk_deck_balance_discussion_with/

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 13, 2015

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:shittypop:

Man, Yakuza might be amazing when that re balance drops.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Klaus88 posted:

:shittypop:

Man, Yakuza might be amazing when that re balance drops.

The Yakuza changes are mind-numbingly stupid considering they make it difficult to effectively use Berserker.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Here's a mod by dumb babies for dumb babies.

http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=14768

Discendo Vox posted:

I have never once owned that game, nor do I have any desire to do so. Furries and their horrible subculture/injokes/perversions aside, it looks like a really bad visual novel. Shima's starting up an LP if you're interested though.

I don't own it thankfully and also I don't have you on my friends list so you can't buy it for me.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I just built an AMCAR and it has nearly identical stats to my Commando. I cant tell if the rebalance was very kind to the AMCAR or if that just illustrates how much worse the Commando is nowadays.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

The Yakuza changes are mind-numbingly stupid considering they make it difficult to effectively use Berserker.

:agreed:

They will make the actually DW pub-herd viable Yakuzazerker build more annoying to use while not really being good enough to use over the Good Decks™ without Berserker.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
http://gfycat.com/SnarlingHauntingDuckling

Datamining suggests Santa's Workshop is actually in Hollywood

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Basticle posted:

I just built an AMCAR and it has nearly identical stats to my Commando. I cant tell if the rebalance was very kind to the AMCAR or if that just illustrates how much worse the Commando is nowadays.

A little of both. Stat normalization made most rifles hit 39.9, or close enough, which the AMCAR was never able to do. It also hits higher accuracy than it ever could before. The Commando also has much worse accuracy than before but the damage is roughly the same. If the Commando was made into a medium class rifle it would at least have the benefit of hitting 45 damage, which it couldn't before.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Also two questions:
1) what did the latest BLT update do
2) is there a mod or some option I can set so that when I mask up I pull out my primary instead of my secondary?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I don't normally care for rifles because I've been playing the game for two years with shotguns and LMGs, but they really should take almost all the mods that the Car-4 hordes for itself and branch it around all assault rifle types.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

At the very least let me put those mods on the AMR-16 and the AMCAR. The AMR-16 just got the Long Ergo Foregrip which does nothing extra except look ugly and have a lower concealment rating. And the poor AMCAR can't even use the receiver mods.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Lyrai posted:

The concealment rating.

EDIT:

Minigun, RL, ICTV, and still rating of 3. :getin:

Unfortunatelly - just now hotfixed.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Due to the pellet changes, is the Joc and Mosconi pretty much even?

Like the only real difference (I think) is Joc gets +ammo and the Mosoni gets better spread.

Zoomed in they can both out snipe snipers and their reload is pretty similar.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Yeah that's basically it. Sawed off + flechette is gooooood.

I prefer the Joceline because it 'points' better but if you really want to be a doomed Space Marine there's only one choice.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Psion posted:

Yeah that's basically it. Sawed off + flechette is gooooood.

I prefer the Joceline because it 'points' better but if you really want to be a doomed Space Marine there's only one choice.

I feel the difference is Play as a slightly more accurate S.T.A.L.K.E.R, or a spread shot Marine.

I cannot choose :ohdear:.

Gonna play around with the Joc later with the ammo pouch, see if I notice a difference with it. I do from time to time (albeit rarely) run out of ammo with the Mosconi.

Edit: As an aside, everyone should go play Stalker. All of them.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 14, 2015

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I dunno why, but I suddenly want weapons that shoot bees at cops, a la the Pain

I think i'd do my best with those :black101:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

BillmasterCozb posted:

I dunno why, but I suddenly want weapons that shoot bees at cops, a la the Pain

I think i'd do my best with those :black101:

it's called the minigun

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah but it doesn't make the cops scream and roll over in pain, it just pops them in the face.

Tulip posted:

So you want the flamethrower?

I guess, but maybe a mod that replaces the firing sound with an angry swarm of bees

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 14, 2015

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

So you want the flamethrower?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

Due to the pellet changes, is the Joc and Mosconi pretty much even?

Like the only real difference (I think) is Joc gets +ammo and the Mosoni gets better spread.

Zoomed in they can both out snipe snipers and their reload is pretty similar.

The Mosconi has a faster dry reload, more concealment, and more spread. The Jocelyne has like 6 more shells in reserve. Although if you want the Joc fully cut down it will have less shells in reserve than the Mosconi.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/IwqZQIl.gifv

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Nice freak-out. :golfclap:

That could make for a pretty sweet mutator, actually. Tying up a civilian would instead set everyone in the vicinity on fire, cops included.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Testing out the equipment on Santa's workshop- your first bag of it arrives at 7 bags secured. It appears that hitting multiple equipment thresholds at once screws you out of equipment.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

isndl posted:

Nice freak-out. :golfclap:

That could make for a pretty sweet mutator, actually. Tying up a civilian would instead set everyone in the vicinity on fire, cops included.

Nah.
Freeing a civilian makes everyone around get engulfed in flames.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
Doing some test stuff to get the National Guard mutator to work better and accidentally left the game running in fast-forward while I messed with the code

I didn't get shot at until I started shooting, but got downed nearly instantly after I fired a shot :v:

I also found an old thing in my screenshots folder from this time last year. I was making space invaders playable inside the game, I got sprites, animations, and input working before getting bored and making the weapon customizer instead.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

watho posted:

The Mosconi has a faster dry reload, more concealment, and more spread. The Jocelyne has like 6 more shells in reserve. Although if you want the Joc fully cut down it will have less shells in reserve than the Mosconi.

After playing around with both yesterday I think I am going to stick with the Mosconi.

The spread is just so good...

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Mesadoram posted:

After playing around with both yesterday I think I am going to stick with the Mosconi.

The spread is just so good...

It also has the best mod names in the game. Wrist Wrecker Stock is up there but Road Warrior Barrel and Gangsta Special Stock wins.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
its a tie between mosconi and minigun for "best gun"

the deagle is a strong contender, mind

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Afraid of Audio posted:

The Bronco sounds amazing, it is feels great loving bulldozers in a few face shots.

Deagle is overall more useful.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I wish I could carry two secondary weapons instead of two primaries

Or just akimbo SMGs in place of a primary :getin: I want double Jacket's pieces, to shred cops to pieces

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BillmasterCozb posted:

I wish I could carry two secondary weapons instead of two primaries

Or just akimbo SMGs in place of a primary :getin: I want double Jacket's pieces, to shred cops to pieces

Oh we are dreaming now?

Dual wielding sawed off Mosconi's.
:getin:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Afraid of Audio posted:

Baby deagle supremacy

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
actually, yknow what

gently caress it, announce a tales from the borderlands pack

all the guns are just finger guns, except they do ridiculous damage

http://i.imgur.com/WMmiFXG.webm here's your trailer (episode 4 spoilers)

Afraid of Audio posted:

give me the cross over pack

it contains weapons and guns from another media ip

you're welcome overkill

why do you hate fun thoughts

spit on my clit fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 15, 2015

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
give me the cross over pack

it contains weapons and guns from another media ip

you're welcome overkill

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
New melee - the post button
When you use it all nearby cops look at you and roll their eyes

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Afraid of Audio posted:

How dare you.

Flamethrower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Occult Sorcery Pack, sacrifice cops and hostages to cast spells and conjure demonic interns.