Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tipme posted:

You gotta walk around and find people with the yellow chat boxes so they can trigger on the map. One of Lins requires a certain pet in your barracks so, it might be that as well.

Hi I just wanna chime in and say no you do not have to hear about heart-to-hearts to find them, after doing Lao's first two and Murderess' first one without getting intel first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fhqwhgads posted:

Is there a specific area that I should be looking in for that EM motor because, uh, :smith:

If you go back and talk to the NPC at the helicopter he'll tell you but it isn't recorded anywhere or marked on your map. Very old school design.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I really appreciate taht they found a way to bring xenogears platforming into this game with good combat. I just finished chapter four with like 20 hours of playtime, looking forward to getting my skell soon

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Fhqwhgads posted:

Is there a specific area that I should be looking in for that EM motor because, uh, :smith:

I ended up putting the mission name into youtube.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
If you have Fiora's VA set L compliments your accent.
This game :allears:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Such stunning vistas.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Do the British voices only exist for the CC? That's kind of a waste to bring them back on yet not have them as a NPC or side character.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm not a fan of those multiple ending missions where you don't know which answer is the right one. Good people died because I guessed wrong, dammit!

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Dec 13, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Do the British voices only exist for the CC? That's kind of a waste to bring them back on yet not have them as a NPC or side character.

CC? I wasn't aware some of the voice actors from Xenoblade Chronicles were back for this game.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

I said come in! posted:

CC? I wasn't aware some of the voice actors from Xenoblade Chronicles were back for this game.

custom character. there's a classic voice option for each gender, which are shulk and fiora's VAs

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Crabtree posted:

yeah it's kind of a waste to have only the one guy, it's like they acknowledge yes this accent was clearly preferable but we're going to stick with the bland voice actors we shoved in here.

Also could they really not think of anything better than "L" come on we're coming from Reyn Time and Dumb Ban and we get this poo poo. The character and story elements are so much worse it's lucky everything else is so much better.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

horriblePencilist posted:

I'm not a fan of those multiple ending missions where you don't know which answer is the right one. Good people died because I guessed wrong, dammit!

mira ain't all fun and games motherfucker!!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Uhh L owns though.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Tender Bender posted:

Uhh L owns though.
his slutty hip tats alone are worth the price of admission

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inflammatory posted:

custom character. there's a classic voice option for each gender, which are shulk and fiora's VAs

Ha! I wasn't even aware of that. I honestly keep the game muted most of the time and I am watching Twitch streams or listening to music while playing because I treat this game like an MMO. I have no idea what the story is, i've skipped most of it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Got bad Dragon Age 2 feels from the Murderess mission, I hate it when antagonists can just walk away for no good reason because the script says so, if I had my way she'd be rotting face down in a bog in Noctilum right about now. Do her affinity missions make her any less of an awful person?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Got bad Dragon Age 2 feels from the Murderess mission, I hate it when antagonists can just walk away for no good reason because the script says so, if I had my way she'd be rotting face down in a bog in Noctilum right about now. Do her affinity missions make her any less of an awful person?

no but they give you a psycho launcher art that makes you float in the air and beat the poo poo out of people with your bare hands.

MinibarMatchman posted:

yeah it's kind of a waste to have only the one guy, it's like they acknowledge yes this accent was clearly preferable but we're going to stick with the bland voice actors we shoved in here.

Also could they really not think of anything better than "L" come on we're coming from Reyn Time and Dumb Ban and we get this poo poo. The character and story elements are so much worse it's lucky everything else is so much better.

lol

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

L is my favorite character. I love how stupid everything he says is.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Ha! I wasn't even aware of that. I honestly keep the game muted most of the time and I am watching Twitch streams or listening to music while playing because I treat this game like an MMO. I have no idea what the story is, i've skipped most of it.

you haven't missed much

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Uhh L owns though.

L is great but "L" is a lazy name. I assumed his full name was just his species name? He kept saying "we" but I guess it's just part of his stunted english

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

L is great but "L" is a lazy name.

"Heard you were talkin' poo poo" ______/

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

"Heard you were talkin' poo poo" ______/

this was exactly what I keep thinking when his name gets brought up. the joke here is you couldn't put many names in the xenoblade death note because no characters are memorable enough to recall lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looper posted:

you haven't missed much

I was gonna just beat the game and then watch all of the cutscenes on Youtube.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

this was exactly what I keep thinking when his name gets brought up. the joke here is you couldn't put many names in the xenoblade death note because no characters are memorable enough to recall lol

Also the problem that they've all got the same face, just with slightly different haircuts.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Got bad Dragon Age 2 feels from the Murderess mission, I hate it when antagonists can just walk away for no good reason because the script says so, if I had my way she'd be rotting face down in a bog in Noctilum right about now.

Boy are you in for a treat in the second half of the game. poo poo's so frustrating.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Valliantstu posted:

Boy are you in for a treat in the second half of the game. poo poo's so frustrating.

It really is. Murderess is the worst though on a lot of levels. I like that the Curator head is like "so we have this Blade who has killed multiple Blades in cold blood, no one wants to work with, and literally calls herself The Murderess. I'm going to go ahead and keep letting her do her thing despite the fact that she is decreasing our manpower on a daily basis and we're on the brink of extinction instead of report her misconduct. I'm really good at my job."

And you can't even report or kill her because the game doesn't feel like letting you.

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 13, 2015

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

bloodychill posted:

It really is. Murderess is the worst though on a lot of levels. I like that the Curator head is like "so we have this Blade who has killed multiple Blades in cold blood, no one wants to work with, and literally calls herself The Murderess. I'm going to go ahead and keep letting her do her thing despite the fact that she is decreasing our manpower on a daily basis and we're on the brink of extinction instead of report her misconduct. I'm really good at my job."

And you can't even report or kill her because the game doesn't feel like letting you.

There's another character that pulls the same poo poo, even worse. Then your SILENT PROTAGONIST defends them automatically.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

So I'm on chapter 5 and what's the deal with this mission? I'm level 17 and supposed to take out level 16 turrets, but they're surrounded by level 20-40+ mobs of enemies? I was able to sneak in and take out one of the turrets on the north side of the chasm, but the other two are completely surrounded by poo poo way above my level.

Am I missing something or is this the game's way of telling me I need to do some lovely jrpg grind bullshit and come back later?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Jesus christ are the Division rankings ever so disproportional. Why do the Prospectors always have so much more points?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Where do you start the murderess quest line?

TurnipFritter posted:

Such stunning vistas.

def New LA

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
so apparently if your skell insurance is 0, it doesn't matter how well you do on the evacuation soul voice, you gotta pay out anyway

that's kinda lame! :mad:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

horriblePencilist posted:

Jesus christ are the Division rankings ever so disproportional. Why do the Prospectors always have so much more points?

hate us cuz u ain't us

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Do party member skells use fuel and just not give you any sort of indicator? I'm trying to figure out why they keep parking and exiting theirs in the middle of a fight.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

dudeman posted:

So I'm on chapter 5 and what's the deal with this mission? I'm level 17 and supposed to take out level 16 turrets, but they're surrounded by level 20-40+ mobs of enemies? I was able to sneak in and take out one of the turrets on the north side of the chasm, but the other two are completely surrounded by poo poo way above my level.

Am I missing something or is this the game's way of telling me I need to do some lovely jrpg grind bullshit and come back later?

It's entirely possible to dodge all the murder-mobs. I tried following the road south from the starting probe but there's a level 20-something blocking it, but it turns out you can do a big loop from the East to get to the remaining two turrets.

30 hours in and recently got my skell, this is basically the game I'd hoped Dragon Age 2 would be. Explorations owns, battles own, class system owns. There's a lot of little annoying, dumb decisions, but still game owns.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Looper posted:

so apparently if your skell insurance is 0, it doesn't matter how well you do on the evacuation soul voice, you gotta pay out anyway

that's kinda lame! :mad:

Sell the skell, buy a new one.

If you ever get down to 1 ticket retire that skell to be a permanent NPC Skell and get better at bailing before your skell dies, or running.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Moon Monster posted:

Do party member skells use fuel and just not give you any sort of indicator? I'm trying to figure out why they keep parking and exiting theirs in the middle of a fight.

Their fuel gauge is next to their portrait just like yours in combat.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

MinibarMatchman posted:

L is great but "L" is a lazy name. I assumed his full name was just his species name? He kept saying "we" but I guess it's just part of his stunted english

His full name is meant to sound like Lucifer :ssh:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sustentacular posted:

Well you could always try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjXiP8VDvI

And I thought getting around 70RP with a full team of skells was a good run :stonklol:

Cool tip and trick for refueling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD57MJHE3ps

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zore posted:

Their fuel gauge is next to their portrait just like yours in combat.

Oh dang, that little thing is so tiny I never noticed it with the bigass green bar on the right side of the screen for the player skell fuel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Public service announcement, somebody mentioned how crazy skell weapon augment stacking is and I didn't quite believe how cheap it could be. Turns out accuracy mods are made out of pig butts you've been collecting for 70 hours and monster subclass damage boosts are made out of the miscellaneous junk you've been collecting so you're actively working against yourself if you don't go turn all that poo poo into boosts that turn your skell into a terrifying beam scythe or gravity buster delivery system that can just print experience by killing level 50+ stuff the size of a house.

• Locked thread