Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
"It bees poppin'? In my mouth?!?"

Six-year-old having the concept of Pop-Rocks explained to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
My niece is obsessed with saying poopoo lately.

"Hey, do you like broccoli?"
"I like poopoo."

"Is that a picture you drew?"
"It's a poopoo."

"Say TA-DA!"
"POOPOO TA-DA!"

She also did a puzzle whilst singing a song. Can you guess what the lyrics were?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Probably the same when I was that age, and would belch the "BA" syllable during "La Bamba"

Buh
May 17, 2008
Lalalalalala BUMba
Spaghetti meatballs and big banana
(Gesture to rude bits in time to drive home the subtle innuendo)

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I asked my son what he wanted for Christmas tonight and he said

"I want star wars toys and star wars legos. All the star wars toys need to be good guys and all the star wars legos need to be bad guys. If you get me anakon skywalker he needs to be a toy but darth vader needs to be a lego. Also i want star wars playdough so i can make star wars things. Or not star wars things"

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
I asked my nephews and nieces what they wanted for Christmas. My 12 year old nephew wants "cool clothes" and a hat (did not specify what kind of hat). My 10 year old nephew wants Star Wars stuff, especially guns and "a real X wing fighter to fly to school". The 8 year old niece wants nursing stuff (I'm a nurse and bought her a stethoscope and small first aid kit last year. She apparently listens to the dog's heart and stomach all the time). And my 7 year old niece wants a "puzzle of the entire universe" and a trip to Japan. The boys also want a sports car for their dad. And everyone wants a trip to Disney World. :)

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

LoveMeDead posted:

My 12 year old nephew wants "cool clothes" and a hat (did not specify what kind of hat).

So a fedora, black and flames button-up shirt, cargo jorts, and, uh, socks with sandals?

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011

The Orange Mage posted:

So a fedora, black and flames button-up shirt, cargo jorts, and, uh, socks with sandals?

Yes! We should get him started early. Is there an MRA handbook I could get him?

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
4 year old--"MOM! C'mere! My pants are pretending to be my shirt, and I'm stuck!"

Putting on his pajamas...

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I had Thanksgiving dinner with my boyfriend's family, which was the first time I've done a holiday with them. In the middle of dinner, apropos of absolutely nothing, his 4-year-old niece looked at him and said "You have a GIRLFRIEND!" in her best gossipy preteen voice, then broke down in giggles.

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001
My 4-year-old asked me to change a song that came on the radio, one she always liked but suddenly decided she's heard too many times... I put on a fake sad voice and said, "Aww, but I like that one".

She grinned and stuck her chin out (her signal that a smarty-pants reply is about to be delivered) : "Yeah, but that's because you're actually a loser."

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

PXJ800 posted:

She grinned and stuck her chin out
like this? :troll:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
My 2 year old niece went to disneyworld recently and was very happy to see all the characters walking around.

While not at disneyworld, they walked by a very short man. Niece gets excited and says, loudly, "HI HO, HI HO!"

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!
This was years ago at my friends house.

Friend's Little Brother - "Not My Leg, guess what I'm going to be when I grow up."
Me - "What?"
Brother - "An oil tanker!"
Me - "I don't think..."
Brother - "WAIT! Or a penguin."

Also, the same kid had a stuffed teddy bear named Snowball. He would tie a string around it and hang it from his bunk bed and call it "Hangin Noball."

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I sent my six year old boy off to get his PJs on before storytime. He comes into my room a few minutes later, bareass naked, and said that he's scared because he was imagining an invisible witch that gives you a shot that stops your heart from beating.

While my first reaction was to tell him that of course it's not real and not to be silly... on further review that's pretty f*cked up :stonklol:

On the plus side after we settled him down and ready stories he hugged me and said, "Dad, you are in my heart." :3:

TKIY has a new favorite as of 03:22 on Dec 2, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I was laying down on the floor acting as the "Daddy Playground" that my son seems to love. First he stepped on my balls, and while I grabbed them and howled in pain he ran over and sat on my face.

Good kid. 18 months and already tea bagging dudes

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

In my then-3-year-old daughter's preschool, they were going over what to do in an emergency. So the teacher asked the kids "Does anyone know what an earthquake is?" My daughter raised her hand.

"A meteor comes from the Moon and crashes into the Earth and the ground shakes and all the dinosaurs die and turn into skeletons!"

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
My son always draws things out to their worst possible scenario. Which seems odd for a 3 year old.

"If I stand up on the chair, I will fall and get a big owie on my head and we will call 911 and get in an ambulance and go to the ER and the doctor can't fix it and I will NOT get a birthday party."

:stare: Yeah bud, how about we just sit down then?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My wife and I had our kids at the zoo this past weekend. We were walking along having a good old time and then we hear another child nearby ask "Can we go see the armadildos now?"

We had to very quickly scurry into the nearby lizard house because we were laughing so hard.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
A friend of mine is a pastor and today posted on Facebook that a 3 year old from his church has taken to calling him "Pastor Underpants". :3:

I think that's awesome.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
There seems to be an awful lot of people in this thread who named their dog 'Belle'. That was my first dog's name when I was young. :3: good stories everyone.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Watching Planet Earth with my daughter, there's a part about birds of paradise and their mating displays. After a while she turns to me and asks, mildly concerned, "you don't dance! how will you attract a mate?"

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
I have an 18mo daughter, and she started talking very early. She's basically speaking very clear sentences at this point and amazes every person she meets. The only things that stump her are words over 4 syllables. At any rate, I love watching her learn and the other day we had this exchange:

(There are 3 cows on her yogurt container)

Baby: Cow mommy! Cow! Moo!
Me: Yup that's a cow!!
baby: Kiss the cow?? *kisses it*
baby: Kiss the cow, too? *kisses 2nd cow*
baby: *pauses*
baby: Kiss the cow, too, too?? *kisses 3rd cow*

:3:

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
Me: ... and someday, if [Aunt] gets married, she might have a baby too, and then you'd have another cousin! Well, technically, she wouldn't have to get married, either. You know, some people don't.
10yo: *confused look*
10yo: *lightbulb*
10yo: OH YEAH! She could adopt a baby!

He knows what sex is, and how babies are made, but still isn't quite making those connections yet. Or possibly he just thinks sex is so gross that no one but married people would ever do it, and then only to have babies.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

pookel posted:

Or possibly he just thinks sex is so gross that no one but married people would ever do it, and then only to have babies.
Is the kid Catholic? :v:

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
I remember going through that phase when I was a kid. I had to go through an elaborate "ewwww! You're kissing!" show every time my parents kissed, and the idea of sex was just icky beyond comprehension. Then I grew up.

pepsigloworm
Mar 11, 2005
Moo
I'm a Montessori teacher. I have a book I keep, that gets written in daily with hilarious quotes from the children.

We are learning Languages this month, just the basics in as many languages as we can by having parents come in and tell us about their culture. Another teacher was explaining how different cultures speak different languages, and as an example asked the kids "Does anyone know where Dora the Explorer is from?
A 4 year old pipes up: "Nickelodeon!"

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

pepsigloworm posted:

I'm a Montessori teacher. I have a book I keep, that gets written in daily with hilarious quotes from the children.

We are learning Languages this month, just the basics in as many languages as we can by having parents come in and tell us about their culture. Another teacher was explaining how different cultures speak different languages, and as an example asked the kids "Does anyone know where Dora the Explorer is from?
A 4 year old pipes up: "Nickelodeon!"

It's not wrong!

(No, my kid isn't Catholic - he's basically an atheist like me, although I haven't pushed it on him and he's learned a bit about what different religions believe. He's just hitting that age where everything is embarrassing.)

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!
For reference: I'm an American Expat working on obtaining my Irish citizenship, my husband is Irish, our 2 year old is Irish born. My husband cusses liberally under his breath even if he tries to be subtle about, which has resulted in our kid yelling "FECK OFF, Hoban!" at the dog, or "Come on t'gently caress, mum!" if I'm taking too long to get his tea ready.
Yesterday I was changing his nappy and the following exchange took place:

Him: That's my PENIS, mum!
Me: Yup, that's your penis.
Him: (waving his fingers at me) These my HAND PENIS!

It is incredibly difficult to keep a straight face and correct him instead of laughing, to be quite honest.

*edit to fix you're to your

Lucha Luch has a new favorite as of 21:43 on Dec 17, 2015

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

pookel posted:

It's not wrong!

Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Madra De Dhia posted:

For reference: I'm an American Expat working on obtaining my Irish citizenship, my husband is Irish, our 2 year old is Irish born. My husband cusses liberally under his breath even if he tries to be subtle about, which has resulted in our kid yelling "FECK OFF, Hoban!" at the dog, or "Come on t'gently caress, mum!" if I'm taking too long to get his tea ready.
Yesterday I was changing his nappy and the following exchange took place:

Him: That's my PENIS, mum!
Me: Yup, that's you're penis.
Him: (waving his fingers at me) These my HAND PENIS!

It is incredibly difficult to keep a straight face and correct him instead of laughing, to be quite honest.

Sounds like a proper Irish lad

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Arx Monolith posted:

Technically correct is the best kind of correct.
10yo: "If you had [some amount of thing], you'd have a TON of [thing]! Like 800 pounds!"
Me: "Technically, if you had a ton, you'd have 2,000 pounds of it."
8yo: *grins and giggles at me*
10yo, glaring at both of us: "Why do you have to be so TECHNICAL all the time?"

From a Facebook friend:

quote:

Me: Jane, are you going to eat your oranges?
Her: You mean Preston?
Me: ... Preston.
Her: Yeah, this one is Preston and that one is Kevin and this is their mom.
Me: Okaaaaaay, well are you going to eat Preston?
Her: I...I can't. It's too sad.

pookel has a new favorite as of 21:14 on Dec 17, 2015

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Somehow, Preston is the perfect name for an orange.

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Sounds like a proper Irish lad

He sounds like a future member of the Think Tank.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Happened to me at work:

Me: Are you ready for Santa?

Little 3 or 4 year old kid: *runs to my side of the counter and whispers* Actually Santa is really my daddy but DON'T tell the babies!

PCJ-600
Apr 17, 2001

Ruzihm posted:

like this? :troll:

Yep, just with chubby little cheeks.

She came home with this artwork from preschool the other day:

I wasn't quite sure if it was indeed supposed to be a self portrait framed by a butternut squash, but I hung it on the fridge with pride. Her older sister immediately asked her, "What's that?" with a tone that said, "No matter what your answer is, I'm going to mock it." She looked down, sighed deeply, and with all the gravitas she could muster said, "That's... my hideous face."

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

As a child I was allowed to name my pets and toys, but in typical under-five fashion I named them after what I saw. One of the chickens was Blackie, a stuffed toy dog was Sweater, and a wooden parrot I carried all over was Brochure. I also had a stuffed monkey I named Klingon because he clung on to things. Oh and I think the blankie was Yellow Friend, because of the yellow.

When I was like three my mom told me brussels sprouts would scream if I poked them with a fork. She thought it was funny as hell. Naturally I told that to her friend's two daughters and they also refused to eat brussels. My mom's friend was pissed.

My friend's brother used to yell, "A gently caress! A gently caress! A fire gently caress!" when he heard sirens.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 04:16 on Dec 19, 2015

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Admiral Bosch posted:

There seems to be an awful lot of people in this thread who named their dog 'Belle'. That was my first dog's name when I was young. :3: good stories everyone.

"Belle" is my Great Dane. This was my nephew's first word. :3:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Scathach posted:

As a child I was allowed to name my pets and toys, but in typical under-five fashion I named them after what I saw. One of the chickens was Blackie, a stuffed toy dog was Sweater, and a wooden parrot I carried all over was Brochure. I also had a stuffed monkey I named Klingon because he clung on to things. Oh and I think the blankie was Yellow Friend, because of the yellow.
I still have my childhood best friend with me, Pink Bear. She's a bear. Guess what color she is.

When I was around six, I very matter-of-factly told my older sister that the square piece of cloth on the backs of our t-shirts were called "Simpsons".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
"Let the children name the dog" is why I had a poodle for 10 years named Mini-me.