Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man is it hard for galactic knights to generate TP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Hope is meant to be designed-by-committee stereotype waifu right? Or is there more to her?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Calaveron posted:

Hope is meant to be designed-by-committee stereotype waifu right? Or is there more to her?

Look, somebody had to be the generic JRPG heroine type, and it sure as hell wasn't gonna be Elma.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Calaveron posted:

ANIME

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Zore posted:

Sell the skell, buy a new one.

If you ever get down to 1 ticket retire that skell to be a permanent NPC Skell and get better at bailing before your skell dies, or running.

yeah i'm planning on it, just gotta wait until i'm not the only one over level 30, i'm trying to use a small spread of characters besides just elma and lin

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Look, somebody had to be the generic JRPG heroine type, and it sure as hell wasn't gonna be Elma.

yeah, elma doesn't need any more help being boring

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Looper posted:

yeah i'm planning on it, just gotta wait until i'm not the only one over level 30, i'm trying to use a small spread of characters besides just elma and lin

if the Skell has no tickets even if piloted by an NPC it'll rack up repair costs unfortunately.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Here's a bunch of questions I've come across so far since GFAQs isn't really helping:

1. Has anyone figured out any info on the exact boost values each type of aura gives?

2. How do you use the various consumeable division rewards, ie. the stuff that restores Skell fuel, TP and so on?

3. Where do you see your current Overdrive duration?

4. Do you need to gather ingredients for every piece of equipment you make through AMs or do you just need to make them once and then buy them at the other terminal? Mainly asking since I don't wanna waste tickets getting the drops if it's the former.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Is there an easy way to see how many stacks of insurance each skell has left, or do I just have to remember?

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Insurance is in skells stats

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
"Acquire senirapa water from sonewhere in Mira."

oh okay :staredog:

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

AnotherGamer posted:

Here's a bunch of questions I've come across so far since GFAQs isn't really helping:

1. Has anyone figured out any info on the exact boost values each type of aura gives?

2. How do you use the various consumeable division rewards, ie. the stuff that restores Skell fuel, TP and so on?

3. Where do you see your current Overdrive duration?

4. Do you need to gather ingredients for every piece of equipment you make through AMs or do you just need to make them once and then buy them at the other terminal? Mainly asking since I don't wanna waste tickets getting the drops if it's the former.

1. don't know

2. It's under Intel I think the same place you find the collectopedia, inventory at the top of that menu

3. There should be a bar next to the middle circle that depletes vertically.

4. Don't know but I'm leaning towards just once.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

AnotherGamer posted:

2. during combat, push start to bring up the battle menu and then tab over with x. this is also how you manually escape and issue party commands

4. for custom gear you have to craft it every time, it's ~*unique*~

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Thanks both of you, will pay more attention to those things the next time I play.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
They really didn't think too hard about chapter 12, huh. It's almost as if they had a ton of left over bad gameplay decisions and just stuffed them in there.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I kinda wish there was a way to uh, recall or redo all of your probes so you don't have to constantly be fiddling with different map screens and a lovely resistive touch screen.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Looper posted:

I'd guess that since they don't give you any directions that it's on that island in the middle of things that isn't part of any continent.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

horriblePencilist posted:

Jesus christ are the Division rankings ever so disproportional. Why do the Prospectors always have so much more points?

If you want tickets to repair your skell, join prospectors. It's a design flaw - they get a poo poo ton of points tick every time something is mined so every prospector with a good frontier nav setup is worth at least a dozen of anyone else and never stops even when they're loving around town. This is underscored by the fact that there are about one quarter as many prospectors as interceptors.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
So is Prospector just objectively the best division or are benefits actually more balanced than that and they just get more points?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Suspicious Cook posted:

So is Prospector just objectively the best division or are benefits actually more balanced than that and they just get more points?

The combat bonuses are so negligible I'd say the best division is the one that raises BLADE level the fastest. So yeah, prospectors.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Do anyone else think the special edition of this game shoulda come with a jar of weed?????

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
a big one

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
no

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Looper posted:

it's right outside that cave on the edge of biahno lake.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I just got to a part in a mission where the music's vocals were so loud, I couldn't actually hear the voice acting explaining the mission. Is this not a fixable thing?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DaveKap posted:

So I just got to a part in a mission where the music's vocals were so loud, I couldn't actually hear the voice acting explaining the mission. Is this not a fixable thing?

Volume sliders would have fixed it

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also my sniper rifle build is really coming together, you can do some insane poo poo with the right skills. I don't even need a melee weapon anymore.

I need to know what skills and arts you're using cause i chose the lance/sniper class as my first class and everything seems so slow

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

horchata posted:

I need to know what skills and arts you're using cause i chose the lance/sniper class as my first class and everything seems so slow

Likewise if anyone has anything for the raygun that makes it not involve so much sitting around I'd appreciate it. Such a change from the dual swords class that always has something to do.

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler
I have an oddly specific question about the controllers that work with this game so I'm not expecting anyone to know. Google is profoundly unhelpful because there are so many different controller names and so many different knock-off products that I'm having trouble finding a specific solution to my problem

What controller sets work with this game? I have a wii-mote (the original wii-mote with the little plug-in thing that allows it to sense other motion), a set of chinese knock-off 2-in-1 wii-motes (they say "motion 2 in 1" where they'd normally say "wii") and a wii classic controller.

I have an unusual problem in that, when I start Xenoblade Chronicles X, my knock-off wii controllers shut themselves off. Pressing any buttons makes the blue lights flash twice then shut off. I thought the problem was my sensor bar but Xenoblade is the only game where this happens. It doesn't matter if I have the wii classic controller plugged in, the nunchuck, or nothing; the controller shuts itself off. It's really annoying because it won't turn back on again and I have to turn off the wiiU at the machine.

Is the Wii Classic controller supposed to work with this game? And does the game also allow a wii controller + nunchuck? Finally, should my original wii controllers (without the motion support) work, because they don't either. Without knowing what is supposed to work, I can't tell if there is a problem with my game, the controller, or the wiiU. Is the game set up to detect fake controllers and shut them off? Because no other game does that - mario maker, mario bros and other games I've tried use the controllers fine.

I could buy a wii U pro controller but if the wii classic controller + normal wii controller works, I'd rather use that and just replace the fake controllers I have.

Long shot question, but does anyone else have a "motion 2 in 1" controller and can they confirm whether or not their controller is working with the game? It's a common knock-off (I didn't even know it was fake until I ran into this problem).

Does the WiiU Pro controller still require a normal wii remote to plug into like the wii classic controller or does it connect to the WiiU directly?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

DaveKap posted:

the fix is turning on subtitles.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Serrath posted:

Does the WiiU Pro controller still require a normal wii remote to plug into like the wii classic controller or does it connect to the WiiU directly?

It connects via Bluetooth directly. Only the Pro controller and the Gamepad will work for XCX.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Serrath posted:

I have an oddly specific question about the controllers that work with this game so I'm not expecting anyone to know. Google is profoundly unhelpful because there are so many different controller names and so many different knock-off products that I'm having trouble finding a specific solution to my problem

What controller sets work with this game? I have a wii-mote (the original wii-mote with the little plug-in thing that allows it to sense other motion), a set of chinese knock-off 2-in-1 wii-motes (they say "motion 2 in 1" where they'd normally say "wii") and a wii classic controller.

I have an unusual problem in that, when I start Xenoblade Chronicles X, my knock-off wii controllers shut themselves off. Pressing any buttons makes the blue lights flash twice then shut off. I thought the problem was my sensor bar but Xenoblade is the only game where this happens. It doesn't matter if I have the wii classic controller plugged in, the nunchuck, or nothing; the controller shuts itself off. It's really annoying because it won't turn back on again and I have to turn off the wiiU at the machine.

Is the Wii Classic controller supposed to work with this game? And does the game also allow a wii controller + nunchuck? Finally, should my original wii controllers (without the motion support) work, because they don't either. Without knowing what is supposed to work, I can't tell if there is a problem with my game, the controller, or the wiiU. Is the game set up to detect fake controllers and shut them off? Because no other game does that - mario maker, mario bros and other games I've tried use the controllers fine.

I could buy a wii U pro controller but if the wii classic controller + normal wii controller works, I'd rather use that and just replace the fake controllers I have.

Long shot question, but does anyone else have a "motion 2 in 1" controller and can they confirm whether or not their controller is working with the game? It's a common knock-off (I didn't even know it was fake until I ran into this problem).

You really need the Gamepad for this game. A lot of its functionality is required for progress and for functionality, though a Wiiu pro will work for most stuff.

Also the pro controller for the Wii and WiiU are totally different things. The WiiU one os standalone.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Hi Bahamut

Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler

Zore posted:

You really need the Gamepad for this game. A lot of its functionality is required for progress and for functionality, though a Wiiu pro will work for most stuff.

Also the pro controller for the Wii and WiiU are totally different things. The WiiU one os standalone.

Sorry I should have clarified, the gamepad is the big controller that came with the Wii U, yes? I have that and <that> works at least, I'm trying to get it working with the wii controller; it's the wii controller that blinks twice then shuts itself off every time I try to get it working with the game.

But this is helpful, thanks. So if I buy a WiiU pro controller, I should expect it to work with the game and I can actually play it? Because playing it with the gamepad is awful...

Why would my existing wii controllers all work for every game on the WiiU except this one?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Serrath posted:

Sorry I should have clarified, the gamepad is the big controller that came with the Wii U, yes? I have that and <that> works at least, I'm trying to get it working with the wii controller; it's the wii controller that blinks twice then shuts itself off every time I try to get it working with the game.

But this is helpful, thanks. So if I buy a WiiU pro controller, I should expect it to work with the game and I can actually play it? Because playing it with the gamepad is awful...

Why would my existing wii controllers all work for every game on the WiiU except this one?

Because there is way too many doohickys and poo poo for the few buttons the wiimotes have. It's a normal console game, not a waggle one.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Serrath posted:

why don't you want to use the gamepad? it's by far the best option

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Looper posted:

why don't you want to use the gamepad? it's by far the best option

You need it anyway for Fast Travel and the map.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So can anyone recommend a good way to build TP quickly on a Mastermind? I've decided I really like their playstyle but they gain TP absurdly slowly while also being super TP hungry. I tried swapping to Longsword for a little but I really prefer the Knife skills.

Brainjack and SS works okay but is utterly useless against Tyrants where I need an influx of TP the most.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

ImpAtom posted:

So can anyone recommend a good way to build TP quickly on a Mastermind? I've decided I really like their playstyle but they gain TP absurdly slowly while also being super TP hungry. I tried swapping to Longsword for a little but I really prefer the Knife skills.

Brainjack and SS works okay but is utterly useless against Tyrants where I need an influx of TP the most.
Short of TP focused weapon mods I expect the keystone of any sort of continuous TP regeneration scheme is going to be slotting in dual rifles for Sliding Slinger and Primer.

Less usable for continuous generation but useful for dumping schemes is for light sabers, you can abuse Yelv's 1st affinity ability out of combat combined with some +TP skills or weapon mods to get as much TP as you have total health.

A really fiddly way to go about it would be to find out if any party members have TP abilities that come up more often than others. Its usually danger zone style voices but I think there's some cases for them to come up in regular play but gently caress knows who has what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Renewed Will isn't appearing for me. I watched a youtube video and it's supposed to be in the commercial district near some baked goods place. What do I need to do to get it to show up?

• Locked thread