Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Malloreon posted:

votes in ties

Also can preside over Senate floor debate if he so chooses.

Which Cruz would, repeatedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

WrightOfWay posted:

What does president of the Senate actually do?

Inappropriately kisses the daughters of new senators.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 14, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Patter Song posted:

Also can preside over Senate floor debate if he so chooses.

Which Cruz would, repeatedly.

The senate would probably put spike pit trap at the door after a few weeks of Cruz.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Quote du jour of the week, "Senator Cruz has become the flavor du jour of the week." ~ Cory Lewandowski, Donald Trump's campaign manager.

lol

gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/bobby-jindal-could-still-win-iowa/

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Why in the hell would a gay person give a single cent to Cruz?

loads and loads of self loathing i assume

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

babypolis posted:

loads and loads of self loathing i assume

Even Krusty voted for Sideshow Bob.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hey, Jindal didn't drop out until 22 days after that was posted, so it was a pretty good prediction imo.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Conservatives want Cruz in Supreme Court

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the confirmation hearings would be hilarious

jerk1000
Dec 3, 2014
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 5h5 hours ago

"@JPMORGAN2016: TRUMP NEEDS HIS OWN POLL A REAL POLL, IN EVERY STATE. THESE POLLS ARE SO RIDICULOUS.THE MEDIA WILL ONLY GET WORSE FROM HERE"

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74GdKOFS39E

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
HS drama club and a law degree are a dangerous cocktail.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Cruz is no Underwood, but I did jump a bit at the mere thought, and my dog is looking at me funny now.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

$100 for food+drinks isn't a "VERY expensive restaurant"

its a good friday out with a hookup

Or, as Rubio would call it, an 'oops' expenditure

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Nate Silver needs to spend less time attempting to unskew the polls, and more time writing thinkpieces.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
anybody got a copy of the Local Man is loving Invincible trump pic

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

My Imaginary GF posted:

$100 just for herself dingus, but it's okay since you have trouble reading

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I really can't stand listening to Cruz

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

TheTatteredKing posted:

I really can't stand listening to Cruz
This is the "I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb! campaign" but it's done in earnest by multiple people on every page. Also Ted Cruz is dogshit.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Conservatives want Cruz in Supreme Court

Miers was the Bork for this generation, but her performance didn't have the pizazz and brio of watching Bork get pilloried over lowbrow video tape rentals.

IIRC, that's why the law regarding secrecy in movie rentals was passed, butthurt reaganite dogs mad about Bork getting torpedoed. It never was about the tapes because Bork is a loving piece of reeking garbage who deserves no more than a muddy boot heel on his loving neck for the rest of his days, but leave it up to the GOP trash to make "getting rejected by the Senate for complying with Nixon's firings, being a fan of Jim Crow and segregation, and believing women are second class citizens" not be the issue in lieu of loving movie habits.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 14, 2015

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Why does Cruz move his head so goddamned much while he's talking? I think that might be the most unsettling thing about him. Like a velociraptor bobbing its head while hunting its prey.

The prey being America, of course.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Peachstapler posted:

This is the "I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb! campaign" but it's done in earnest by multiple people on every page. Also Ted Cruz is dogshit.

He sounds like a goon with no self awareness and says things that matches that typically. I instinctively cringe.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Hey man, we went to The Melting Pot, you don't get more expensive than that! :downs:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

$100 is like Wednesday night "long day at work gently caress cooking dinner" fare, and downright poor people meals in Chicago. I think MIGF's façade is slipping. I've regularly dropped more than twice that just for a dinner (and a similar amount for symphony tickets) and I'm in Omaha which is basically nowheresville in comparison.

$100 in Chicago probably covered round trip bus fare from Peoria and a burger at McD's so MIGF could make that post.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Which would be more destructive, in an entertaining way, to have as president, trump or cruz

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Which would be more destructive, in an entertaining way, to have as president, trump or cruz

Trump would be far more entertaining, but Cruz would likely be way more destructive and annoying as a motherfucker.

I can listen to an entire Trump speech, and sure I disagree with him vastly, but I'd never want to choke him or anything. I can't get through 30 seconds of Cruz speaking.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Thump! posted:

Trump would be far more entertaining, but Cruz would likely be way more destructive and annoying as a motherfucker.

I can listen to an entire Trump speech, and sure I disagree with him vastly, but I'd never want to choke him or anything. I can't get through 30 seconds of Cruz speaking.

I get the same vibe regarding Cruz. I wonder what it is specifically that makes him so hard to look at or listen to. Because I can't quite pinpoint it

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I get the same vibe regarding Cruz. I wonder what it is specifically that makes him so hard to look at or listen to. Because I can't quite pinpoint it

1 - he has an ugly, Wicked Witch of the West face combined with a perpetual weird weeping expression with his eyes
2 - he has a super annoying whiny nasal quality to his voice. Sort of like Quentin Tarantino's, if you've seen his cameos in his films like in Reservoir Dogs

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

FAUXTON posted:

$100 is like Wednesday night "long day at work gently caress cooking dinner" fare, and downright poor people meals in Chicago. I think MIGF's façade is slipping. I've regularly dropped more than twice that just for a dinner (and a similar amount for symphony tickets) and I'm in Omaha which is basically nowheresville in comparison.

$100 in Chicago probably covered round trip bus fare from Peoria and a burger at McD's so MIGF could make that post.

Pops! for Champaign will run you $100+/pp easily if you enjoy yourself. The way the author writes, it makes them sound as if their first choice of restaurant for internet dating was applebee's.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

His smugness, with Trump I think you can tell he's doing it as show, or at least feeding off the audience to further his position, it's fun, it's a show. Cruz says things that he probably actually believes and in his mind he's right, there's a smug detached arrogance that Trump also has but it's not fun because he's serious.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

thethreeman posted:

:eyepop: chris christie snatching the geriatric vote from jeb's grasping hands! primaries can't get here soon enough, these people might not still be around in feb

This could be the last US election where the Baby Boomers make a significant impact. When Hillary is done in 8 years time only half of them will be left, and in the 8 years after that they'll be halved again.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Ivor Biggun posted:

This could be the last US election where the Baby Boomers make a significant impact. When Hillary is done in 8 years time only half of them will be left, and in the 8 years after that they'll be halved again.

Don't forget that white boomers are dying in droves from a lack of insurance, failing health, and the heroin epidemic.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's an uncanny valley thing going on with his attempts to sound genuinely concerned about poo poo he says he's concerned about. He's close enough to make the differences really stick out and come off as insulting. Like a used car salesman who claims the lowered '94 Civic he's pushing was actually driven by a grandmother to the store every saturday. He can name the grandmother and the store and the church she went to but he just ignores the fake venting, counterfeit brembo stickers, reddit thing on the mirror, badly installed altezza tail light clusters, and the way the cabin air filter is clogged with oil fumes and coagulated poo poo weed exhalations. He'll even take umbrage at you asking about why the dash clock has a piece of electrical tape over it with 4:20 written on it in iridescent green marker. How dare you insult the saintly grandma foster.

That's on top of his one-man personality cult schtick and his barebacking the corpse-dick of reagan.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

My Imaginary GF posted:

Pops! for Champaign will run you $100+/pp easily if you enjoy yourself. The way the author writes, it makes them sound as if their first choice of restaurant for internet dating was applebee's.

Alinea and Goosefoot are both $200 a person before drinks and add-ons. But that's not MIGF's scene. He spends $100 on 8 large pizzas at Giordanos because he's a goddamn suburban goon.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Sanctimonious. Ted Cruz is sanctimonious.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The X-man cometh posted:

Alinea and Goosefoot are both $200 a person before drinks and add-ons. But that's not MIGF's scene. He spends $100 on 8 large pizzas at Giordanos because he's a goddamn suburban goon.

Lol you know he drops that much on single pies at unos because he wants to feel in touch with the gritty urban dive atmosphere.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Uh, his campaign put this out there on purpose? Without coercion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Zas posted:

The GOP has (and will continue to have) an easier time courting gays vs. ethnic minorities, especially outside it's religious wing. It's unfortunate in a way, given the LGBT movement's radical roots, but look forward to a generation of Lyndsey Grahams, uncloseted.

e: the question why Cruz in particular is a good one, and it's probably because the individual in question honestly believes in and identifies with Cruz's conservative agenda, homophobic pandering aside

On top of that you'd also have to be an incredibly callous human being, but that probably goes for pretty much every Cruz backer..

• Locked thread