Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

McGiggins posted:

Truly, Rule 34 is a grief upon all of humanity.

The sad part being, most of humanity doesn't really seem to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

I'd buy the t-shirt.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Aw gently caress, I would too.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

McGiggins posted:

Aw, I would gently caress too

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

The Japanese make the best t shirts.

Case in point I bought this on Takeshita street.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I would wear the poo poo out of this shirt.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Soulex posted:

The Japanese make the best t shirts.

Case in point I bought this on Takeshita street.

It's 'case and point'.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Dabir posted:

It's 'case and point'.

The only thing worse than a pedant is a wrong pedant.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's 'pendant'.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Dabir posted:

It's 'case and point'.

Dabir posted:

It's 'pendant'.

*twitches*

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's 'hitboxes'.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Jabor posted:

The only thing worse than a pedant is a wrong pedant.
Worse than the hollowcost?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Worse than 10 hitlers.

Dabir posted:

It's 'pendant'.

I chuckled.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Splicer posted:

Worse than the hollowcost?

Hall of cost.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Cojawfee posted:

Hall of cost.

Costco

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I Killed British - The Grieving Discussion Thread

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

QuarkJets posted:

I Killed British - The Grieving Discussion Thread

Black Veils: How long is too long?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
New DanielFromSL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGxB_cDkVK8

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

That ending was kind of sad...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

QuarkJets posted:

That ending was kind of sad...

Yeah, that was kind of touching. He tried his best to help Daniel, but sometimes you just gotta give up. Alright.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

1:05. pwned so hard his jaw dropped :madmax:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

How did they gently caress that shirt up? It's supposed to be LOVES not LOVERS.

...poo poo, trap sprung I guess.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Reading Steam and came across this review. I'm sure I'm sure this was posted before but would I be right in guessing this was a goon-organized thing?

quote:

IF YOU'D LIKE A LONG REVIEW, PLEASE READ THIS.

I strongly believe that Ark Survival Evolved is still unplayable on any Official servers until security leaks and the ability to manage tribes is completely overhalled.

I've been playing on Official server 343 since the games release and have almost 1,600 hours into the game, so I feel like I know a little bit about it.
I WAS the leader of one of the tribes on 343 called The Merchant's Guild. This tribe has made my experience with the game a very good one, starting off spesifically with a group of friends of mine all playing together. As the months progressed I forged alliances and even created a teamspeak server just to have everyone I met on official server 343 come on and talk and play together.
For a long time the server was peaceful and playable by most people who joined with the intentions to just play the game.
Unfortunatly since it's an official server, and the game is still a PVP game, you'll always have to deal with tribes of people who just hate everyone, and will kill and destroy just as the game intends it to do.

Weeks ago a small tribe joined official 343 and started playing, and was not attacked because: They had done nothing to provoke anyone.
Weeks went by and eventually this tribe was able to sneak players into on of the server's larger, more dominant tribes, steal ALL of their dinosaurs, and destroy almost everything that tribe owned and eventully attacking my tribe.

My tribe launched a THREE DAY LONG seige against this enemy tribe to destroy their base they they built with stolen resources, had to kill all of their stolen dinosaurs that they put NO TIME OR EFFORT into, and to top it all off, the tribe was Aimbotting and ESP hacking the whole battle. We recorded segments of the fight, but because this game is so open-world friendly, we just believed that anything we'd submit would just be pushed off as "Oh they're just salty!" or "They're just crying wolf because they're dying alot!" but there where instances where we'd set someone on a platform turret, and have them scroll their most to move the turret around as fast as possible, but they'd ALWAYS be shot in the head within several seconds of losing cover. After our three days of hard work and stress, we where finally able to break their defenses and aim bots, us rockets to get into their base, and destroy their structures and kill the dinosaurs they'd stolen.

We simply believed that no matter how much we'd cry for help, we'd hear our calls go unanswered, I mean, it's an open world PVP game, who's going to listen to us?

So here's where it gets interesting.

My tribe is conprized of usually 20+ active players at a time, but probably 40+ that played the game daily from around the world, all personal friends or personal friends of that personal friend, so that we could avoid loops in tribe security. The tribe management was set so that Admins where the only ones who had power, and everything was personally owned. just incase something went wrong with a player.

A few days after all the fighting had calmed down and the server's population seemed quiet, I went to bed last night to be awake for the Thanksgiving holidays today. I got a call early on my cell phone from a close tribe member friend telling me that "Somehow the enemy is in our tribe and has kicked everyone and has complete control, since your the leader please kick them."

Which was exactly what happened. The players from the enemy tribe where able to place themselves into my tribe, admin themselves, and steal/destroy EVER DINOSAUR THEY COULD GET. They took our Giganotosaurs (which can destroy stone) and started ravaging other players. I literally spent my whole morning messaging back smaller tribes on the server telling them that i'm sorry, and that they had spotted a hoard of Giganotosaurs heading to their base to destroy it, and ALL I COULD SAY WAS I'M SORRY. I had lost all control of my tribe and my animals because there's not enough security from blocking things like this from happening.

I didn't spend 1,600 hours leading a group of players to help them play the game, and survive, just to have a group of people sneak into my tribe and destroy everything. I know that the game is very variable, and that, there may have been other factors like "Well maybe someone did betray you." Well, I know that it's not the case, but how am I supposed to explain that to a game developer?

Even if I managed to get ahold of someone who CREATED this game, I don't think I could convince them well enough that someone was able to hack or exploit their way into my tribe.
So, here I am just writing this review after endless months of gameplay, countless friendships, and probably one of the best gaming experiances i've ever had, wishing that if WildCard had stopped creating new content, and actually stepped back for a second to make sure that systems that'd had already established are secure, that maybe I wouldn't have let down dozens of people, who where all counting on ME to keep them going.

I do love the game developers for this game, the rate at which they produce content and keep the players happy with their suggestions is astounding. All I wish I had was some help. Cheers to the best game i've ever played. After 1,600 hours I can finally put it down, and contiune my life. All the memories, adventures, and triumphs that we experianced together will be something I remember for the rest of my life.

-Long live The Merchant's Guild.
Rest in peace.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Haha holy poo poo. Thanks, never saw that

We started a tribe named Tryx on Official 343, a dying server in the stranglehold of two warring tribes - The Merchant's Guild and Angels of Death.

Together they would claim or wall off every resource, every viable location, crush every smaller tribe fearing they were a proxy for the other side. MG alts were used to raid at least two AoD bases, disguised as pirates. Their plans were to finish the server off after Thanksgiving. We know all of this from placing spies in both tribes, rising through the ranks, feeding us crucial information. Also, some of our players were the real pirates! Diplomacy kept them off our backs until we could seize a relatively secure location.

ANGELS OF DEATH posted:

When Tryx finally captured MG territory, surprisingly AoD was the first to attack. Apparently our location was favored by some of their old chinese enemies.
They were soundly beaten, and we retaliated by having our spies demo bases and steal their dinos.

72 HOUR SIEGE posted:

AoD joined forces with MG to oust these upstarts from the server in a siege lasting an entire weekend, the two tribes throwing everything they had at us. Not content with that victory, our sharpshooters were falsely reported for aimbotting.
Afterwards they destroyed random tribes suspected of harboring us. Here's a recording of MG recommending the use of ESP

THE MERCHANTS GUILD posted:

Considering MG's original plans to wipe the entire server, our counterattack was scheduled for Thanksgiving morning. Our spy booted their members and invited us to demo structures and steal dinos. Things went a bit hairy here and we didn't finish the job, but I'll let him share that story. After locating their sleeping leader, I stayed behind to keep him drugged.
And finally, here's MG crying about everything. After weeks of constant poo poo-talking in chat and throwing their weight around, they run off to a private server after one setback.

(Copied from http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734854&perpage=40&pagenumber=73#post453482172)

PS.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Dec 14, 2015

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Gj, griefed (played the game better/smarter?) The hell out of those poopsockers. If there are any other similar stories from that thread, they would be appreciated here!

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I like that he complains about his teammates getting shot after seconds of not being in cover. Not an instant kill, there was a bit of time for shooter to line things up.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Everything cried hacks and cheats was thanks to the hard work of our spies/gunmen. They even bitched about builders - no doubt this many turrets was some nefarious attempt to crash the server!!

:nsa:

they flooded the system with so many reports that it banned one of our snipers

Jackard fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 14, 2015

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Was playing EDF with goons earlier and a random player joined with a similar but less impressive sounding username as one of us. Made me wonder how effective a trolling strategy it would be to show up in games with usernames that are like "(username) But Better" or "But Not lovely".

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Jackard posted:

We started a tribe named Tryx on Official 343, a dying server in the stranglehold of two warring tribes - The Merchant's Guild and Angels of Death.

I hate to be that guy but you've got images 2 screens wide. It'll take you less time to fix them than it takes for even one person to scroll through the post.
[timg] the AoD and MG territory picts.

quote:

DBRB da one true god lol

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Dec 14, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Scyantific posted:

How did they gently caress that shirt up? It's supposed to be LOVES not LOVERS.

...poo poo, trap sprung I guess.

Dude, I own the shirt and I never loving saw that.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Light Gun Man posted:

Was playing EDF with goons earlier and a random player joined with a similar but less impressive sounding username as one of us. Made me wonder how effective a trolling strategy it would be to show up in games with usernames that are like "(username) But Better" or "But Not lovely".

"but not a pedo"

"but not a nazi"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

MisterOblivious posted:

"but not a pedo"

"but not a nazi"

Oh yes, even better.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Light Gun Man posted:

Playing TF2 on goon servers, you sometimes had obnoxious pubbies coming in proudly displaying their clan tag. Lots of goons suddenly putting the same clan tag before their names usually got a good reaction.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Rectus posted:

Playing TF2 on goon servers, you sometimes had obnoxious pubbies coming in proudly displaying their clan tag. Lots of goons suddenly putting the same clan tag before their names usually got a good reaction.

I would do that in L4D all the time. It would infuriate guys.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

I hate to be that guy but you've got images 2 screens wide. It'll take you less time to fix them than it takes for even one person to scroll through the post.
[timg] the AoD and MG territory picts.
???

that post is all timgs or urls

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

MisterOblivious posted:

"but not a pedo"

"but not a nazi"

"but likes/dislikes anime"

"but not fat"

"but not a loser"

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Rectus posted:

Clan tags are a wonderful source of comedy indeed.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Jackard posted:

???

that post is all timgs or urls

Don't worry, someone just forgot they're using SALR, and its love of expanding links into images.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Jackard posted:

Together they would claim or wall off every resource, every viable location, crush every smaller tribe fearing they were a proxy for the other side. MG alts were used to raid at least two AoD bases, disguised as pirates. Their plans were to finish the server off after Thanksgiving. We know all of this from placing spies in both tribes, rising through the ranks, feeding us crucial information. Also, some of our players were the real pirates! Diplomacy kept them off our backs until we could seize a relatively secure location.

Afterwards they destroyed random tribes suspected of harboring us. Here's a recording of MG recommending the use of ESP

And finally, here's MG crying about everything. After weeks of constant poo poo-talking in chat and throwing their weight around, they run off to a private server after one setback.

(Copied from http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3734854&perpage=40&pagenumber=73#post453482172)

PS.

So did anything actually come of this? Did any of them get banned? Was the ban on the sniper permanent? Gimme deets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Jackard posted:

Everything cried hacks and cheats was thanks to the hard work of our spies/gunmen. They even bitched about builders - no doubt this many turrets was some nefarious attempt to crash the server!!

:nsa:

they flooded the system with so many reports that it banned one of our snipers

For the record: Guns in this game are hitscan. No travel time, no drop. The rifles have some sway, but the pistols do not. Good riflemen can pop you almost immediately on coming out of cover. Someone with a scoped high damage pistol can reliably headshot people coming out of cover. It's why I ran with a scoped pistol for so long. It wasn't unusual for me to completely shred fools carrying just about any other weapon from a good distance away with my stupid scoped six shooter.

• Locked thread