Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

haveblue posted:

A horse has never been the SI sportsperson of the year, although a jockey was once.

I felt like Secretariat had, but oh well.

In other news: http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/12/donald-trump-mark-bowden-playboy-profile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

"Look, if I let you borrow my shoes from my house, when you bring them back, I'm not going to bring them back in until I reassess and see what I've got," she said.

Well it's your fault for lending shoes out to ISIS. :colbert:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Was loaning people your shoes a thing in the 50s? Like did a family just have one pair of shoes that they all shared? Who's loaning people their shoes?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

quote:

"I'd like to go back (to) when I was younger in the 50s and 60s, when the country was a little better. It was America then. I'm starting to worry we're starting to lose identity in this country, I do believe," Witmer said.

I don't hear anything but for some reason my ears are bleeding what's going on

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
"Hey Bill, can I borrow your shoes for a couple of days?" :wtc:

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

MariusLecter posted:

Not sure if people who think horses are also people is far too many or far too few.

Corporations Horses are people, my friend.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Huh.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I don't hear anything but for some reason my ears are bleeding what's going on

"Why isn't the country as great as it was when I was a child and I had no responsibilities and unlimited potential?"

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Question about Syrian refugees --- when they're being vetted, does that vetting include their social media accounts?

Positive for what?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

this reads to me like something from a north korean press agency. I mean, I'm sure trump is plenty healthy, but something about the writing is weird and off.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

zoux posted:

ahahahah

I want Trump to say the n word into a hot mic because I wanna see what happens.

Trumpcoins can only go up uP UP!

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Bushiz posted:

this reads to me like something from a north korean press agency. I mean, I'm sure trump is plenty healthy, but something about the writing is weird and off.

It reads like Trump stole his doctor's letterhead and wrote it himself.

This is a joke, right? This can't possibly be real.

E: I mean, what doctor brings up medical conditions you haven't had in an official medical report?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

How can he "unequivocally" state that he's healthier than all past presidents without personally examining each and every one of them?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

shrike82 posted:

tbh, i've preferred working in a family business than working for a large corporate.
you guys seem to be trafficking in stereotypes - do black people typically tip less as well?

No one in this thread would ever be so uncultured as to stereotype. Only those dirty others do that.

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Bushiz posted:

Something weird and off about Harold N. Bornstein, MD? I have no idea what you could possible mean.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Oh god, Trump and I both had appendectomies at 10, and we both have good blood pressure. Am I doomed to be become him in my later years?

Also, no history of alcohol use? I have a hard time believing Trump doesn't drink.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

He's fit as a big bull moose!

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Rubber Tucky posted:

Something weird and off about Harold N. Bornstein, MD? I have no idea what you could possible mean.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bird in a Blender posted:

Oh god, Trump and I both had appendectomies at 10, and we both have good blood pressure. Am I doomed to be become him in my later years?

Also, no history of alcohol use? I have a hard time believing Trump doesn't drink.

He has always maintained that he doesn't drink. It is hard to believe though.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Bird in a Blender posted:

With that kind of money I'm sure he has access to the most luxurious drugs

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Cythereal posted:

He's fit as a big bull moose!

He has only positive results!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Gravel Gravy posted:

With that kind of money I'm sure he has access to the most luxurious drugs

So he has an opioid addiction which explains why he is so full of poo poo.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I wonder why Harold didn't go to Harvard like his father Jacob did.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Ten bucks says this guy has lost his car keys or a pair of dice up a patient's rear end more than once.

In other news:

No but see it's the student activists who are ruining free speech because

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

Oliver Willis ‏@owillis
Comparing Mr Trump's health to my other patients, they are losers. They are weak and low energy while he is strong and good. #TrumpDoctor

https://twitter.com/owillis/status/676477420497723392

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Ten bucks says this guy has lost his car keys or a pair of dice up a patient's rear end more than once.

In other news:

Student athletes are employees of the university, and therefore do not have the right to speak out on policy issues as you or I would.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

My Imaginary GF posted:

Student athletes are employees of the university, and therefore do not have the right to speak out on policy issues as you or I would.

But they don't get paid...?

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Employees are paid. In actual money.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
They're paid in experience and exposure.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Actually universities fought hard to keep "student athletes" from legally being employees, you should know that.

Amergin posted:

Nor do they qualify for worker's comp! Or any other legal labor protections....

Sorry Champ!
\/

Trabisnikof fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 14, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
:laffo:

e; rear end in a top hat ruined my double post <:mad:>

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
no stop before we get to the "scholarships count as compensation"

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

MariusLecter posted:

They're paid in experience and exposure.

Oh cool, so they're graphic designers.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Anyone else think higher ed. would be better without sports?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Amergin posted:

Tuition doesn't pay itself. Scholarships are a taxable form of income; if Missouri really wanted to ratfuck some activist student athletes, the Department of Revenue would be checking to make sure all those folk declared their scholarships as income and paid the appropriate state taxes.

Accretionist posted:

Depends upon the sport.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Tuition doesn't pay itself. Scholarships are a taxable form of income; if Missouri really wanted to ratfuck some activist student athletes, the Department of Revenue would be checking to make sure all those folk declared their scholarships as income and paid the appropriate state taxes.

Doesn't matter, because the colleges and universities fought hard to keep student athletes legally not employees.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Rhesus Pieces posted:

In other news:

This is the same guy that wrote the bill to ban 'luxury food' under Missouri's food stamp law and wanted to build a Vietnam War memorial except for aborted fetuses. When you want a picture of a craven worthless whore, eager to please whatever master pays him the most, look at the face of Rick Brattin and despair:

Literal human garbage, in a suit. One of the hundreds of under-the-radar state representatives with absolutely no value to add to the human experience.

pathetic little tramp fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 14, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Accretionist posted:

Never happen in a million years. Might as well say higher ed would be better if no one partied and everyone studied all the time.

SavageBastard
Nov 16, 2007
Professional Lurker
It looks like NPR has entered into a cross-promotional deal with the Pentagon.

The New York Times posted:

Bowe Bergdahl to Face Court-Martial on Desertion Charges

A top Army commander on Monday ordered that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl face a court-martial on charges of desertion and endangering troops stemming from his decision to leave his outpost in 2009, prompting a huge manhunt in the wilds of eastern Afghanistan and landing him in nearly five years of harsh Taliban captivity.

The decision by Gen. Robert B. Abrams, head of Army Forces Command at Fort Bragg, N.C., means that Sergeant Bergdahl, 29, faces a possible life sentence, a far more serious penalty than had been recommended by the Army’s own investigating officer, who had testified that a jail sentence would be “inappropriate.”

In a terse statement after the decision, Sergeant Bergdahl’s chief defense lawyer, Eugene R. Fidell, said that General Abrams “did not follow the advice of the preliminary hearing officer who heard the witnesses.” Mr. Fidell said that the hearing officer had also previously recommended against a prison sentence. .

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in an undated photograph from the United States Army.Bowe Bergdahl Case at Center of ‘Serial’ Season 2DEC. 10, 2015
The decision followed a recommendation from the Army lawyer who presided over Sergeant Bergdahl’s preliminary hearing in Texas in September that the sergeant face neither jail time nor a punitive discharge and that he go before an intermediate tribunal known as a “special court-martial” where the most severe penalty possible would be a year of confinement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

Depends upon the sport.

How are scholarships taxable?

• Locked thread