Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the recipe for starbound is terraria + borderlands + metroid + pokemon + diablo + castlevania + some things no one's done before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Sorry folks gonna have to close the Starbound thread at 99 pages because Chucklefish didn't plan for three digits

E: gently caress

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

looks like we'll have to wait until page 999 now

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

this is all oddiums fault

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i love starbound and i won't let you close this thread

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cicadas! posted:

3d printing system being done away with in favor of inspection giving you recipes for the things that you inspect! Are they learning? Let's wait and find out.

Sounds like a good move. Otherwise, I seldom (I never ever use it) ever use that feature.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I was trying to figure out what existing good feature would end up getting axed in order to implement this improvement, but I think they've all been taken care of at this point

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
did anyone ever actually find the cumgun

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the cumgun was inside us all along

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

mostly in rrussom

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Could someone give me a brief rundown of said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIt4MgnHc

saga; I missed out

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Dev said they found a goo gun that shot out white goo and made a joke about a cum shooting gun. Goons Got Really Mad about it all and caused a multi-page derail about how they weren't going to be a part of a childish, immature game.

Sadly, they have been proven right.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

LordZoric posted:

Dev said they found a goo gun that shot out white goo and made a joke about a cum shooting gun. Goons Got Really Mad about it all and caused a multi-page derail about how they weren't going to be a part of a childish, immature game.

it was actually a huge prank orchestrated by my IRC buds. one of them kept demanding i make a cum gun and to mess with me they made a fake log of me (or someone else i can't remember) discussing it and then got someone else to post it in the thread, which then exploded over it

it was me all along austin

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

heavy dev secrets itt

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Babe Magnet posted:

mostly in rrussom

I've found alot of cumguns in me.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Sometimes Multiple at a time.

LordZoric posted:

Between Cumguns, Birdtits, Dirt, and Horsetits. who knew that goons were autistic manchildren?

Rrussom fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 14, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LordZoric posted:

it was me, i started the cumgun saga

i said "man i dunno if i would like a cum gun in this game, it seems like one of those things you do to appeal to audiences that needs stuff like that to feel like they're playing something 'mature,' like the blood particles in terraria"

now the only thing mature about starbound is that it'll be old enough to vote before it's finished

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGatO6vMPqw found footage of the one song that plays over intercom at the chucklefish studio

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGatO6vMPqw found footage of the one song that plays over intercom at the chucklefish studio

Rho, can you tell us why Tiy would play that over the intercoms? seems a bit like he's trying to torture his employees

Oh god, Supernorn could be in a Caro situation right now, somebody help him.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

True story Supernorn rarely posts here only because Tiy holds him captive in a meat locker

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
That MONSTER.

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
The only way to free them is to find were there being held captive in one of the random solar systems in the game and solve the puzzles to discover there real world coordinates. Starbound is really the best geocashing game ever made.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I've deleted starbound, did that solve the puzzle?

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
No. In fact you've contributed to there prolonged incarnation at the hands of the maniac tiy. You monster.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Do the programmers just post on forums all day? Is it only 1 guy? thats the only way I can see this game being 3 months between updates with the only changes being poo poo like "enemies now damage you on touch."

EDIT-well I guess they keep adding new enemies and weapons and stuff like that but when the basic gameplay is still poo poo then you are just building a mansion on a rotting wood frame.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 15, 2015

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Bit back but I just want to say, the idea of leveraging Terraria to make a Tower Defense game sounds incredibly stupid.

The amazing lore....the memorable designs....the unforgettable characters.....now in a genre well past its niche spotlight. Sold.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Terraria 2 isn't the Terraria that's getting tower defensed. It's still mostly like terraria, you explore and build poo poo and fight bosses, only now there's this crystal defense thing you have to deal with

We're still getting a proper T2, someday probably

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

So turns out critters can't move if they run onto an elevator. So either these mice are enjoying this so much they never want to leave or they are trapped here for all eternity. I think you know the answer.

I prefer to think of them being employed as elevator attendants. :3:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Neurolimal posted:

The amazing lore....the memorable designs....the unforgettable characters.....now in a genre well past its niche spotlight. Sold.
Yeah those were my favorite parts of Terraria too, good to see they're being preserved.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I tried to play this again, and as soon as you get to the Outpost the game is just over. It lacks the tools or the motivation to make you do anything but the shallowest of 'once arounds' of a planet and leave. How many more years of beta before they add a loving planet map and teleporter upgrade so spelunking does't feel like a punishment? Nevermind that every tier of content is just a rinse and repeat of the previous one with slightly different ore sprites. I could maybe have tried to slog through to see how the colony stuff is now, but combat has returned to being a flailing mess that only further highlights how bad the movement is. Even the 2handed sword I got seems to realize how bad it is with it's special attack of 'swing wildly and hope to hit something'.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

oddium posted:

the recipe for starbound is terraria + borderlands + metroid + pokemon + diablo + castlevania + some things no one's done before

Your edging in on the Star Citizen of metroidvania style games. Please dont go there or someone might try and crowd fund it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
waiting for it

the funny auto-shitpost that everyone loves :downs:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it still amazes me that all they had to do was make the game fun and modders would probably take over the rest. instead, they're loving with balance and still trying to figure out how the core game functions right now. what the hell

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

it still amazes me that all they had to do was make the game fun and modders would probably take over the rest. instead, they're loving with balance and still trying to figure out how the core game functions right now. what the hell

Ti learned how to code from me. I am the cause of these problems.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'd say that it'd be easier to just re-make starbound from the ground up, but if chucklefish did that they'd have to remember all the bad things to code in, and we'd be stuck for another three years waiting for absolutely nothing.

i bet one guy could make a starbound clone and make it good.

also, incoming funny joke i know it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

waiting for it

I don't

Rrussom
May 13, 2009

grimcreaper posted:

Your edging in on the Star Citizen of metroidvania style games. Please dont go there or someone might try and crowd fund it.

BillmasterCozb posted:

waiting for it

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

In all seriousness, you are awesome. Those gifs always make my day.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

:eyepop:

Never stop posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
Thanks, I'm normally about as creative as a plagiarized Harry Potter fanfic, so i have no loving clue how i've churned these out.

• Locked thread