Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Missing Poster on literally the last room before the boss fight on the chest, and I still need to unlock the Lost.

Thanks Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

HenryEx posted:

I haven't even seriously played the Lost since getting RPG in Rebirth, Maze Curse and Curse Rooms have existed before Greed Mode, too

The lost starts with the holy mantle. If you had it and got teleported into a curse room you'd be able to just walk out.

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer

dyzzy posted:

I died on womb 2 after a long and grueling marathon of dumb mistakes + boring fights and still managed sub-1000 ranks in both categories. I regret the entire thing

e: spoilers I guess it's eve to kill it lives and you get poo poo tears, the friendly bomb fly and isaac's tears (the spacebar item). All the items are bad, if you enjoy torture the game takes pity on you and gives you a blue candle in a depths store and an above average pool of pills. That's basically it

It starts out kind of poo poo but you can get a good reroll on the item room with the reroll machine. Also the basement 2 store has sack head + Steam sale, and some of the secret rooms are pretty decent.. It's still pretty boring but at least some parts aren't absolutely terrible.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Finally I have unlocked the lost. Now the pain can truly begin.

*straps balls into crushing mechanism*

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Real talk the Lost with his unlock is small potatoes compared to the Keeper

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

I filled out all the post its in rebirth on normal mode, said gently caress hard mode, but since afterbirth came out I'm just playing everything on hard mode as its not really that much worse than normal.

Still haven't unlocked lost or keeper, but I'm at 900+ coins in the greed machine so he'll have the mantle when I do unlock him. I'll probably stick with hard mode because I really don't want to do those runs twice

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
The Lost doesn't even care all that much about Hard Mode since you're not running off of health drops. The increased curses and more champions are a bit of a pain, but honestly they're just speedbumps.

Funnily enough, Curse of Darkness is the one I hate the most now since it fucks up visibility, especially combined with Womb or Burning Basement filters.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RoboCicero posted:

The Lost doesn't even care all that much about Hard Mode since you're not running off of health drops. The increased curses and more champions are a bit of a pain, but honestly they're just speedbumps.

Funnily enough, Curse of Darkness is the one I hate the most now since it fucks up visibility, especially combined with Womb or Burning Basement filters.

Blind for me. I've never lost a run to Curse of Darkness or any of the other curses, but Blind legitimately hosed up a really good run for me (Keeper with extremely good items, got The Fallen as a boss and he gave me Abaddon).

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Blind for me. I've never lost a run to Curse of Darkness or any of the other curses, but Blind legitimately hosed up a really good run for me (Keeper with extremely good items, got The Fallen as a boss and he gave me Abaddon).
Ah, yeah, I was speaking of Lost only just because barring one or two pickups you just scoop everything up and hope for the best. Blind is a really hosed up curse just because it's a "no shop or devil deals" curse for me and skipping both usually leaves me really behind on the power curve.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

AnonSpore posted:

is abaddon still an instant kill for the keeper

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

VineST posted:

Yes.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

VineST posted:

yes, but you get a pretty halo of blue flies around you as your corpse drops to the ground

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

AnonSpore posted:

Real talk the Lost with his unlock is small potatoes compared to the Keeper

This. When i was going for megasatan with lost, about every other run was a "winning" run - getting the key pieces was much harder. If i was taking devil deals im sure almost every run would have been a winning run. No restarting to fish for items.

Lost is still slightly harder than every other non-keeper character (since you can absolutely win every single run with other chars), but the difference between lost and keeper is much bigger.

I'd say it's like everyone else>mantle lost>>>>keeper>>>>no mantle lost.

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Hey are glitter bombs supposed to drop items 100% of the time or is it a low chance? I've gotten it a few times and have not gotten anything from bombs at all.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ignite Memories posted:

Finally I have unlocked the lost. Now the pain can truly begin.

*straps balls into crushing mechanism*

I highly suggest filling the greed machine up enough to unlock the holy mantle as a starting item. It makes playing as the lost much easier and arguably fun.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Emily A. Stanton posted:

Hey are glitter bombs supposed to drop items 100% of the time or is it a low chance? I've gotten it a few times and have not gotten anything from bombs at all.

For me it's been a low-ish chance.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

may as well just remove every devil deal and item in existence for the keeper

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
God gently caress Maggy.

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
Can't find anything on it, but did they remove Swallowed Penny / Piggy Bank for Keeper runs or have I just had really awful luck with it?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Keeper would be ten times more fun if he started with swallowed penny or had useless items be useful for him, like an HP item increasing his speed or damage instead of doing gently caress-all. Or just increase his base stats so they aren't complete loving total rear end poo poo gently caress gently caress low speed characters in isaac.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Zeratanis posted:

God gently caress Maggy.

I've been going through all the characters to fill out the post-its and I actually think Lazarus is the worst character aside from the Lost/Keeper. Maggy's like walking through molasses, yeah, but a single speed or damage up makes her tolerable and she can screw around with donation machines/devil beggars/sacrifice rooms. Lazarus is just aggressively mediocre at best.

His gimmick of reviving with one red heart will rarely actually save you from a completely doomed situation, because if you're depending on it to survive, you're probably in a situation where you're going to eat another stray shot or two and bite it. If you can amass a ton of soul hearts or black hearts immediately after death, why'd you die anyway? His blood trail item is nigh-worthless, so he effectively just has a single extra red heart, like Maggy, only he starts with garbage stats until he throws away his red hearts to a devil deal or deliberately suicides on Basement 1 to avoid wasting any Health Ups found.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Anemia gives lazarus enough range to bring him to default range. also he gets a +20% damage multiplier in his revived form, which gives him 4.20 damage like Cain, and a small speed up

that ivy guy fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 15, 2015

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

That one Lost run from a month ago is still haunting me. It's bringing down my average! I died on literally the first room I entered.

BTW I don't know if it's been posted in here (it probably has) but greedbutt's pretty cool.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

Daeren posted:

I've been going through all the characters to fill out the post-its and I actually think Lazarus is the worst character aside from the Lost/Keeper. Maggy's like walking through molasses, yeah, but a single speed or damage up makes her tolerable and she can screw around with donation machines/devil beggars/sacrifice rooms. Lazarus is just aggressively mediocre at best.

His gimmick of reviving with one red heart will rarely actually save you from a completely doomed situation, because if you're depending on it to survive, you're probably in a situation where you're going to eat another stray shot or two and bite it. If you can amass a ton of soul hearts or black hearts immediately after death, why'd you die anyway? His blood trail item is nigh-worthless, so he effectively just has a single extra red heart, like Maggy, only he starts with garbage stats until he throws away his red hearts to a devil deal or deliberately suicides on Basement 1 to avoid wasting any Health Ups found.

Die at the start of the game for the extra 20% damage. And as always, just hold R until you find a carry item. I don't know how you guys fart your way through a single room on base stats, it's insane.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Somehow I don't think this is intended behavior:

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!

How Rude posted:

Keeper would be ten times more fun if he started with swallowed penny or had useless items be useful for him, like an HP item increasing his speed or damage instead of doing gently caress-all. Or just increase his base stats so they aren't complete loving total rear end poo poo gently caress gently caress low speed characters in isaac.

Yeah, I feel the same way. It's actually kind of neat with Swallowed Penny because it puts you in that mad panic to grab your coin rather than die. I still keep bombing pots but it sure feels like they removed the penny or I'm just getting really unlucky.

Also, don't know if anyone else bothered with it, but the 3DS version seems a whole lot more playable now. The framerate can still be pretty choppy and some animations have frames missing but other than that it works fairly well, too bad it probably won't ever get the content from Afterbirth.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I wonder if maybe Keeper should be allowed to buy devil deals for money or something.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Brannock posted:

Somehow I don't think this is intended behavior:

Looks like you spilled a bunch of milk.

Don't cry too much over it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

I wonder if maybe Keeper should be allowed to buy devil deals for money or something.

This would be neat and an expansion of his current mechanics.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

That one Lost run from a month ago is still haunting me. It's bringing down my average! I died on literally the first room I entered.

BTW I don't know if it's been posted in here (it probably has) but greedbutt's pretty cool.

Hey, this is pretty neat! I like the little achievement avatars for the site.
I wonder if I'm not going fast enough for daily runs, or if i'm being hit too much, or something. I'll have to change up my play style. Is exploration worth it, or...?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Emily A. Stanton posted:

It depends on luck.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Grapplejack posted:

This would be neat and an expansion of his current mechanics.

Hey, this is pretty neat! I like the little achievement avatars for the site.
I wonder if I'm not going fast enough for daily runs, or if i'm being hit too much, or something. I'll have to change up my play style. Is exploration worth it, or...?

I posted a bunch of advice on getting good scores in the daily runs back here a few days ago.
I'd like to think I'm in a decent spot for giving advice on it, at least.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
Maggy with no damage upgrades vs 2 Ragmen on the basement in Greed mode. K.

This boss turns up like the people who designed him think he's about as difficult as Larry Jr or something. Why do the spiders he spawns have so much goddamn HP?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So dr fetus and tiny planet? Not Good.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Welp. Just ahd a perfectly good blue baby mega satan run ruined. here's a tip: The I AM ERROR room in the womb only has a trapdoor.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Kurtofan posted:

So dr fetus and tiny planet? Not Good.

Would Dr. Fetus and Anti-gravity work well? I skipped taking AG yesterday because I didn't want to find out.

Got a bunch of other tear upgrades in that run that did nothing spectacular initially but eventually picked up sad bombs. That turned out pretty awesome.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Magnet tears and Dr Fetus = you're gonna have a good time playing this game, The Binding of Isaac

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

TheModernAmerican posted:

Die at the start of the game for the extra 20% damage. And as always, just hold R until you find a carry item. I don't know how you guys fart your way through a single room on base stats, it's insane.

are you a professional Isaac speedracer

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Einwand posted:

I posted a bunch of advice on getting good scores in the daily runs back here a few days ago.
I'd like to think I'm in a decent spot for giving advice on it, at least.

https://greedbutt.com/daily/2015-12-15/10#rank-301

This man gives good advice :smuggo:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I squandered a good Hard mode Lost run last night trying to take on Hush. I had Dad's Key and was taking every worthwhile Devil Room deal. Inner Eye + Brimstone with a Black Feather trinket for extra hilarity. Guppy and Leviathan. I could have easily taken Mega Satan.

I used up 7 of the Dead Cat's lives on Hush so at least I got some practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

VineST posted:

are you a professional Isaac speedracer

I am an impatient baby.